Software Development Services
Our Passion is to Deliver Software that Helps You Succeed
Combining over 30 years of experience in IT and a great drive for innovation, ScienceSoft designs and builds software to rely on: secure, high-performing, scalable, and user-friendly.
Software development services help plan, design, develop, integrate, test, manage and evolve software solutions. Quality-centered and adherent to mature software development practices, ScienceSoft provides application development services to startups, software companies, and enterprises across 30+ industries. We are ready to offer end-to-end development that covers everything from business analysis to software delivery and support, help modernize your legacy software, or augment your team with our IT experts at any stage of SDLC.
Why Choose ScienceSoft for Your Software Development Project
in software engineering and IT consulting
750+ IT pros
with average experience of 9–20 years
HQ in the US
offices in Europe and the Middle East
Our partnerships and awards
- 34 years in software engineering and IT consulting.
- Over 3,600 successful projects in our portfolio.
- Hands-on experience in 30+ industries, including healthcare, BFSI, manufacturing, retail, logistics, oil & gas, and telecoms.
- Well-established Agile and DevOps cultures.
A team of true professionals
- A full-scale PMO able to carry out even the most complex projects.
- 500+ developers, 50% of whom are seniors or leads with 9–20 years of experience.
- In-house regulatory consultants to ensure software compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS/SSF, GDPR, and other field- and region-specific regulations.
- Certified IT experts with Microsoft, AWS, Google, Oracle, ServiceNow, Salesforce, and other platform competencies.
- From North America to Europe and the Middle East – our talents are located worldwide.
Guaranteed service quality
- Quality-first approach based on a mature ISO 9001-certified quality management system.
- ISO 27001-certified security management that relies on comprehensive policies and processes, advanced security technology, and skilled professionals.
- A leading outsourcing provider featured on the Global Outsourcing 100 list by IAOP.
We are trusted by global market leaders
Different Collaboration Scenarios for Your Software Development
We create software with long-term business value – tailored uniquely to your business processes and adjustable to future needs.
We create scalable and resilient SaaS, mobile and desktop software products with great UX and drive fast-paced product development – MVP launch in 1–4 months and consequent releases every 2–4 weeks.
We assemble self-managed development teams to take care of your current and future software needs. Your software development plans are not stuck with the lack of internal expertise and resources.
We ensure smooth functioning and relevancy of your software via continuous performance monitoring, proactive optimization and fast issue resolution, delivery of new features and integrations.
We offer from 0.5 FTE to 150+ FTE resources for an entire software development life cycle: developers and architects well-versed in back-end, front-end, and mobile development, testing engineers, development team leads, DevOps engineers, data architects, and other roles.
We assemble high-performing and collaborative dedicated teams of pre-vetted IT talents from our permanent pool. With a tailored team focused solely on your project, you can efficiently address any skill gaps and speed up your development initiative.
Viber, a Messenger App for 1.1B+ Users
- Design and development of a user-friendly mobile app for Android and its desktop versions for Windows and Mac.
- Key features: contact synchronization, social sharing, group chats with 100+ participants, push notifications, video calls, VoIP, in-app payments.
Results: During the five years of cooperation with ScienceSoft, Viber became one of the most popular messengers worldwide.
Automation Software for a Multinational Pharmaceutical Company With $15B+ revenue
- Design and development of a GAMP4-compliant solution for cancer drug &TPN order and manufacturing.
- Key functionality: validity checks across the entire process of medicine manufacturing; stock control; tracking of the outstanding, overdue, and paid invoices; report generation.
Results: The solution is now an indispensable tool for a leading pharmaceutical company with 80+ years of experience and operating across 100+ countries.
Innovative Private Label Product Lifecycle Management Software (PLM)
- Assisting the customer in development of a centralized e-collaborative resource to help supply chain stakeholders successfully deliver new products to the market.
- Creation of a multilevel data warehouse (DWH) to aggregate the raw information from 20 globally distributed databases.
Results: The delivered platform now drives the development of products with over $300 billion in annual sales.
Buy Now Pay Later Product (BNPL) Software for a Fintech Startup
- Team augmentation to help a UAE-based fintech startup speed up its BNPL platform’s release to the market.
- IT project management consulting: ScienceSoft’s Scrum master audited the project scope, analyzed the demand for resources, their availability, and advised on optimal resource allocation.
Results: Thanks to the two-year cooperation with ScienceSoft, the Customer managed to significantly reduce the time-to-market for the BNPL product and ensure its high quality while optimizing project resources.
Image Recognition Mobile App for a Luxury Vehicles Manufacturer
- Minimizing manual input of user data with introduction of image analysis: the users now scan their driver licenses and only use manual input where it is truly needed (e.g., to enter a password).
Results: With the new solution, the user registration has become 10x quicker, letting the vehicle owners start receiving post-purchase service without any delays.
Award-Winning Text-to-Speech Language Learning Apps
- Design and development of Android and iOS apps that serve as interactive travel phrasebooks in 8 languages and contain text-to-speech features.
- Setting up a Cloudflare content delivery network (CDN) to give users convenient access to all the necessary audio files and yet keep the apps lightweight (~40MB each).
Results: The apps received a number of prestigious awards and are currently listed as #1 Education App in App Store and Google Play of 10+ countries.
60+ Software Types in Our Portfolio
Along with the deep knowledge of software architecting and coding principles, we have accumulated vast domain experience and understanding of the context that our software operates in.
By business function
Sales, marketing & customer service
- Customer relationship management.
- Sales & marketing automation systems.
- AdTech & MarTech.
- Online catalogs.
- Order management.
- Customer feedback tools.
- Promotions management software.
- Loyalty management.
- Customer service management, including call center & self-service.
- Product information management.
- Content management and digital asset management systems.
Security & emergency
- Information security systems.
- Video surveillance.
- Incident management systems.
- Emergency response systems.
By industry specifics
- Banking apps.
- Mobile banking.
- Payment apps, including BNPL.
- Money transfer apps.
- Automated loan processing systems.
- Automated debt collection systems.
- P2P lending software.
- Insurance software.
- Underwriting automation.
- Claim management systems.
- Investment apps.
- Personal finance apps.
- Mortgage systems.
- Treasury systems.
- ATM security & network protection.
- Production planning (incl., demand planning), scheduling, and control.
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) solutions.
- Vendor and partner management.
- Condition monitoring.
- Machine monitoring and predictive maintenance.
- Product quality assurance.
- Product data and lifecycle management.
- Inventory planning, optimization, and control.
- Remote service software.
- Automated real-time anomaly recognition.
- Traffic management.
- Real-time targeting, personalization, and recommendations.
- User propensity scoring.
- Stock market quotes management.
- Network security breaches detection.
- Online video games.
- Corporate performance analytics.
- 360-degree customer view.
- VR and AR for immersive training and research, including surgery, driving and flight simulators.
- Psychological therapy, gamified rehabilitation.
- Virtual hospital.
- Virtual design and engineering.
- Virtual showrooms.
- Gamified ads.
- Virtual tours.
- Virtual events.
- AR dashboards for vehicles.
- AR for maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
Software for Advanced Business Tasks
We work with all the mainstream technologies to expand the scope of functions the software can perform.
Scalable software that aggregates and processes huge volumes of data with high velocity.
Software capable of drawing insights and triggering actions based on historical and real-time data processing.
Software that can find sophisticated patterns in data and continuously learn to deliver more accurate results.
Internet of Things
Software that allows for fast processing and mining of data captured by physical objects.
Software to recognize patterns and classify objects in digital images and videos.
Software capable of laying virtual objects over real surroundings.
Software that creates fictional environment with 3D objects and realistic acoustics.
Software with decentralized and highly secure data storage enabling direct peer-to-peer transactions.
Senior Solution Architect
Deyarat Trading Co.
We know for sure that competent consultants can make a true difference for business decision making, cut expenses and guarantee a product’s marketability. That’s what we expected from ScienceSoft, and they totally lived up to our expectations. It’s a pleasure to work with experts who are knowledgeable, self-motivated and sincerely interested to do the best of their ability.
President & CEO
I am particularly impressed by the cooperative nature of ScienceSoft’s team. Our project required coordination with multiple companies and individuals. ScienceSoft worked well with everyone.
Morten Øien Eriksen
ScienceSoft's experience in agile development ensured smooth project implementation and iterative development of Enonic XP. This enabled us to adjust to the changing market requirements and incorporate features that made us stand out from competition.
So far, we’ve been partnering with ScienceSoft for around 3 years, and we are satisfied with our cooperation and its results – it’s clear they’re fully invested in our project and collaboration.
The team we have partnered with truly feel as if they are partners that are just as invested into seeing our organization succeed as we are.
“ScienceSoft proved to be a reliable and agile technology partner. We especially appreciate their professional approach to security issues, which were among our main concerns due to strict regulations.
What Helps Us Run Software Development Projects Smoothly
We adhere to coding standards and employ all-round software testing to maintain a quality management system at the level required by ISO 9001.
We carefully analyze customer requirements to define the expected deliverables and accurately scope the project.
We factor in software complexity, tech stack sophistication, team’s expertise, and risks to introduce precise and objective estimates of the project’s duration and cost.
Mature risk management practices
We openly discuss potential risks and quickly tweak the development process to minimize schedule variations and waste.
We thoroughly document the development process and software and consistently share the all the necessary documents with your stakeholders.
We vary the frequency, means, level of detail, and format of communication depending on your stakeholders' preferences.
Check Out Our Software Development Steps
It takes from 2 weeks to:
- Document key business processes and how they’re covered with existing software.
- Elicit business needs and concerns.
- Evaluate risks of new software introduction, e.g., impact on business processes, and plan risk mitigation measures.
- Draw up high-level functional and technical software requirements.
- Prepare the list of software features and integrations.
- Draw up a project roadmap and major milestones.
For commercial software products, it additionally takes from 3 weeks to:
- Conduct competition analysis (competitors’ product features, pricing & monetization models, customer feedback analysis, customer acquisition strategy analysis, product efficiencies and drawbacks).
- Analyze the needs and wants of the target audience and create a product concept.
- Define product differentiation and formulate a unique selling proposition for a product to stand out from the competition.
- Describe obstacles that can hinder entering a given market or industry sectors (including regulatory barriers) and decide how to address them.
Business case composition
It takes from 1 week to conduct cost-benefit analysis, estimate NVP, ROI.
Architecture, UX and UI design
It takes from 2 weeks to 3 months to:
- Define app architecture, techs, data flow and integration points.
Note: If possible, ScienceSoft will re-use parts of your existing enterprise systems rather than develop new software modules, for lower cost and higher reliability of your software.
- Conduct UX research, outline personas and key user scenarios, prepare user journey maps.
- Create wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Conduct visual identity analysis, prepare design concept, create a branded UI kit with ready-to-use components (icons, buttons, colors, fonts, etc.), animations, specifications and assets for developers.
Note: We recommend investing in the unique, sophisticated UI design only if the design is a competitive product advantage. Otherwise, we use simple themes and focus on software functionality.
MVP launch (upon request)
The delivery of the first working version of enterprise software takes from 1 month. The first working version of software product can be delivered in ~ 2 months.
Development and testing
- Agile delivery of new software parts in 2-week releases. Continuous safe minor releases via automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Analysis of emerging needs and the release planning.
- Approving the release scope.
- Delivering and reviewing mockups.
- Developing and testing the approved software part, migrating the developed software part to the staging and production environment.
- Getting feedback from a project sponsor and users on the results of the release.
- Reviewing the results of the completed release and approving the scope of the next release.
Note: Small, well-defined projects can be delivered in a linear mode with one major release.
Deployment (and 3-month maintenance)
- Conducting user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Establishing software monitoring processes.
- Defining new roles and responsibilities for application support in your and our teams.
Note: ScienceSoft recommends trial implementation for a limited number of users to minimize possible downtimes in production. Trial stages usually take up to 1-3 months.
Project handover / continuous support (on demand)
- Conducting project evaluation.
- Performing knowledge transfer to your in-house IT team/other vendors.
- Providing the final report and requesting your confirmation for the project closure.
Choosing an Optimal Pace for Your Project
Software development is done in Sprints, 2–3-week iterations with identified granular goals and backlogs. We ensure process transparency via sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, sprint review (and demo), retrospective, backlog refinement (grooming).
Best for: any product development project with a need to test the idea, midsize projects in custom software development where software requirements cannot be accurately defined, incremental development of large complex software (which is easy to divide into small functional parts) to start getting value fast.
The work is done in very short Sprints, often daily. Meetings are held daily or once in 2 days to follow the progress and prioritize next steps. We use the Kanban Board for a clear representation of all project activities, responsible persons, and progress.
Best for: software support and evolution projects.
Each next chunk of work is done when the previous one is finished and approved by the stakeholders. The approach demands due diligence at the investigation and planning stage to have all requirements and risks covered.
Best for: small and midsize projects with clearly defined and unchanging requirements, projects requiring formal approvals (governmental projects and projects for big corporations), projects with strict compliance requirements.
For many projects it makes sense to use a combination of approaches or switch from one to another depending on the project stage. In our practice, the most common scenarios are ‘Waterfall -> Scrum’, ‘Scrum -> Kanban -> Scrum’. Since switching to a new methodology entails new tools and new processes, a pre-switch intro meeting or mini-training should be conducted by the vendor to keep project running effectively from day one.
Costs of Software Development Services at ScienceSoft
From ScienceSoft’s experience, the cost of software development services may range from $30K–$150K+ (building a mobile app of average complexity) to $800K–$4M (creating a large-scale system powered with big data and AI). >> see our sample ballpark estimates
Want to know how much your software will cost?