Software Development Feasibility Study
A software development feasibility study is a rigorous evaluation of the profitability and viability of a software development initiative. A software engineering and IT consulting company with 31-year expertise, ScienceSoft helps businesses understand whether a new software implementation project is worth their time and money, and if so, how to translate their business needs into technical requirements in an optimal way.
WHAT YOU GET WITH A FEASIBILITY STUDY
We analyse your business needs, stated goals and current business processes to provide you with a feasibility study report. Our report contains:
Several defined software solution alternatives
with rated strengths and weaknesses for each suggested variation.
with clear justification.
Suggested tech stack and architecture design
for a selected solution with a view to software’s high performance, availability, usability, reliability, security & compliance, maintainability, portability and optimal costs of ownership (TCO).
A business case
developed for a recommended solution, including ROI estimation and risk analysis.
A high-level project management and implementation scenario
for a recommended solution to reach the project goals holistically.
Additionally, you can opt for a small proof-of-concept (PoC) to test and verify the chosen technologies. ScienceSoft delivers a PoC in 2-3 weeks.
- 31 years in end-to-end software engineering.
- 2,695 successful projects.
- IT consultants with 10-20 years of hands-on experience in their expert fields.
- 700 full-time employees onboard, including certified IT consultants, BAs, technical architects, and QA consultants.
- Recognized tech leader by BBB (rating: A+), Forrester, and Clutch.co.
- Profound experience in big data, IoT, AI/machine learning, blockchain, image analysis:
- Data analytics services since 1989.
- Big data consulting services since 2013.
- IoT consulting services since 2011.
- 8 Gold Microsoft Competencies, AWS Select Consulting Partner, IBM Silver Business Partner, Oracle Partner, Premier ServiceNow Partner, Magento Solution Partner, Salesforce Registered Consulting Partner.
OUR APPROACH TO CONDUCTING A FEASIBILITY STUDY
We provide you with a detailed feasibility report with a transparent rationale and all the supporting information attached.
Minimal disruption to your daily workflows and schedules
To minimize the interference with your processes, we:
- Inform you in advance about the number of your engagement hours we will need.
- Adjust our communication to your business hours and a preferred communication channel (email, voice/video calls).
- Report on the progress regularly.
CHOOSE YOUR SERVICE OPTION
Exploration of software solution alternatives
- You have an urging business need that can be solved with a software solution.
- We analyze your needs, define available solution variants, and help choose an optimal one in terms of operational and economic feasibility.
Analysis of several shortlisted software solutions
- You have a prepared list of comprehensively described software solutions but can’t choose the best one.
- We help you decide on the optimal option in terms of technical feasibility and cost/benefit ratio.
Assessment of the pre-selected software solution
- You have a detailed technical description of a pre-selected software solution.
- We help you outline the project budget (for in-house and outsourced software development), identify development risks, and assess overall software profitability.
DETERMINE THE VALUE OF YOUR PROJECT
Through a viability and profitability analysis, ScienceSoft’s consultants can provide a detailed explanation of whether your software project is worth implementing. We’ll assess it in terms of economic, technical and operational feasibility and deliver a structured software development strategy outline to maximize the possible value.