Internet of Things Consulting
Make Sure IoT Technology Will Bring You Value
Being ISO 9001 and ISO 27001-certified, ScienceSoft relies on mature quality management and information security management systems and provides consultancy on ideation, planning, implementation, and maintenance of IoT solutions.
Whether you just embark on your IoT journey or are already making your way through it, our IoT consultants will help you make the best of new technological opportunities and set them in tune with your business strategy.
- Planning an IoT solution in line with business objectives: we study your business needs and goals of IoT implementation and determine the functionality of your future IoT solution.
- Preparing detailed IoT solution requirements: we create a comprehensive description of an IoT solution based on interviews with project stakeholders and potential users, feasibility studies, existing service descriptions analysis, legal, regulatory, environmental, and other requirements.
- Developing an IoT solution roadmap: we turn the planned deliverables into specific tasks and create a structured visual representation of when and how an IoT solution will be implemented.
- Designing an IoT architecture: we map a scalable IoT architecture tailored to support your specific business objectives based on the IoT solution requirements.
- Choosing an appropriate technology stack: we select reliable technologies that address your business needs efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Selecting hardware for an IoT solution or creating a specification for hardware engineering.
- Developing an IoT security strategy: we provide security at every IoT ecosystem level (e.g., device security, data security, operational technology security) and make sure your data collection and use are consistent with relevant standards and regulations (e.g., HIPAA in healthcare, ISA99/IEC 62443 in manufacturing, etc.).
- Implementing PoC (Proof of Concept): we create a simplified prototype of the IoT solution to validate the effectiveness of the solution’s architecture design, selected technologies, etc., and make sure it corresponds to your vision.
- IoT project management: we provide сonsistent and efficient reporting on project status and resource workload, track expenses, help plan and coordinate the development process, and ensure end-to-end process transparency.
- Team augmentation with IoT-specific technical knowledge and skills: we provide expertise in big data, IT security, artificial intelligence, etc., at any stage of the project.
- Hardware selection, design and development: we help choose or create custom IoT devices using market-available components, set up and configure the devices.
- IoT data analytics implementation: we introduce an analytics solution to process the data collected by the IoT sensors and get fact-based insights.
- Full-scale or partial IoT development: we deliver the whole IoT solution or take on any part of implementation (e.g., enabling the communication between smart things and cloud software, integrating IoT solutions with other enterprise systems).
Operations and maintenance
- Solving problems with an existing IoT solution (inefficiency, questionable ROI, a long development process, high operational and maintenance costs, functional and security issues, etc.).
- Planning and carrying out IoT solution evolution to improve the solution’s architecture, enhance its functional capabilities, fixing defects, and more.
We are ready to bring in our knowledge, experience and novel ideas to aid you in planning, designing, implementing and evolving the following IoT solutions:
Smart, connected products
Our team helps product manufacturers to get a better understanding of the customers’ needs, optimize product functioning and use, and create new revenue models. We help define smart, connected products’ capabilities and set them in tune with your and your customers’ IT strategy.
We help manufacturers to catch the wave of digital transformation and optimize equipment utilization, reveal bottlenecks in the manufacturing process, reduce downtime, timely detect potential equipment failures, improve production quality, and increase employees’ safety. To achieve that, we closely cooperate with project stakeholders, analyze their business objectives, determine IIoT system’s capabilities, create a detailed solution roadmap and bring it in line with an enterprise’s IT and business strategy.
We help businesses drive improvements in predictive maintenance and service productivity. Our IoT consultants analyze the specifics of your business and study the objects to be maintained to reveal operational parameters signaling about potential failures, design a solution architecture, choose an appropriate technology stack, etc.
Our Internet of Things consultants help define the capabilities of your future IoMT solution, advise on integrating it into your healthcare practice and setting it in sync with your business and IT strategies. We help you design robust and secure IoT solutions to connect patients to healthcare providers, digitize the approach to rendering healthcare services and optimize hospital management.
Smart supply chain management
We carry out a thorough assessment of your supply chain, analyze your business priorities, and help fine-tune an IoT solution in line with them. We help to implement and operationalize it for achieving higher transparency and driving effectiveness throughout supply chain processes.
Smart cities, smart utilities
Our IoT consultants help municipalities, policymakers and other stakeholders by developing smart city use cases, creating a smart city vision and a roadmap, selecting technology vendors, launching PoC, creating servicing strategy, etc. With our vast knowledge and hands-on experience, we will help you plan, design and implement smart city solutions capable of enhancing urban infrastructure, optimizing energy management, reducing environmental pollution, and establishing more efficient communication between residents and urban facilities.
We leverage our domain knowledge and hands-on experience to proactively address the most critical IoT planning challenges, including:
Difficulty in aligning business processes with an IoT solution
We help enterprises to understand how IoT is going to fit in with the organization, how it will affect a company’s IT and business strategy and change the way the organization and its employees work, as well as aid in taking up the most effective change management strategy to ensure successful IoT adoption.
Risky roadmapping due to evolving technology markets and business models
Your business model is not static, neither is the technology market. To make sure your IoT solution rapidly adapts to these changes, we resort to iterative planning. Iterative planning helps us ensure tangible payback with every implementation step and stay up-to-date with the technological market.
Difficulty in keeping an IoT project on track
It is difficult to keep an IoT solution well-structured and avoid project scope escalation. To balance ROI and ensure adherence to the implementation schedule, at the stage of strategy planning, we determine business priorities, specify milestones, and put them on a project timeline. Working on the project with Agile methodology allows us to stick to the defined milestones and avoid unplanned scope creep.
Time to Start with IoT
With an in-depth understanding of IoT and related technologies, our team is ready to bring your digital transformation initiative to life. Eager to streamline your operations with one of the most promising technologies on the market? Contact us for a consultation!