Fleet Management Software Development
Fleet management software provides visibility into vehicles’ location, condition, and fuel consumption and gives insights into drivers’ behavior.
In fleet management since 2015, ScienceSoft delivers dedicated applications to optimize vehicle maintenance, reduce operational costs, and improve driver safety.
- Troubled compliance of fleet operations with federal and industry-specific fleet management regulations.
- Need for higher operational efficiency due to fluctuating fuel prices and low margin.
- Difficulty in planning vehicle purchasing and low visibility over fleet operations and maintenance expenses.
- Financial losses due to frequent accidents and inability to gurantee driver safety.
Check what you get with a custom fleet management solution
- Compliance with federal and industry-specific fleet management regulations due to an automated collection and recording of vehicles’ operating parameters needed to ensure compliance.
- Optimized fuel management, lower fuel consumption and expenses.
- Full control over vehicle purchasing and a complete visibility into fleet operations and maintenance activities and expenses.
- Low risk of accidents and improved driver safety due to driving behavior and speeding violation monitoring.
Fleet management service providers
- Expenses on your ready-made product grow together with your customer base.
- Unmet customer needs due to a problematic implementation of custom functionality in a ready-made product.
- Low user satisfaction due to a complex interface and issues at the code level.
Check what you can get with your own fleet management product
- Optimized Total Cost of Ownership as you don’t need to pay subscription fees.
- Meeting unique customer needs due to customizations being easier and cheaper to implement.
- Increased customer satisfaction due to:
- On-point UX/UI and guaranteed application reliability.
- Automation of key fleet management processes.
We pack your fleet management application with a range of functional modules combined according to your needs, including:
- Preventative fleet maintenance.
- Maintenance scheduling and alerting.
- Out-of-order alerts.
- Maintenance completion reports.
- Vehicles’ parts inventory management (e.g., purchase order creation, tracking).
- Repair orders tracking.
- Vehicle warranty and insurance information management.
- Real-time tracking of vehicles.
- Fleet availability dashboards.
- Drivers’ behavior monitoring (e.g., driving speed, unnecessary stops).
- Fuel consumption tracking.
- Route calculation and optimization.
- Delivery scheduling and task list generation (for drivers and employees).
- Automated vehicle assignment.
- Vehicle service history tracking.
- Real-time trip monitoring.
- Convenient communication between call center reps and drivers.
- Dispatch document management (e.g., invoices, dispatch details reports).
Accident detection and claim management
- Automated detection of a vehicle collision.
- Automatic accident notifications to fleet managers.
- Accident details reports.
- Towing service management.
- Repair process management.
Route optimization and geofencing
- Optimal route planning and dynamic route adjustment (in case of accidents, roadblocks, etc.).
- Route schedules optimization (e.g., based on distance, priorities, and deadlines).
- Notifications to fleet managers on vehicles entering or leaving certain geographic areas.
Budgeting and expense management
- Fuel management optimization.
- Vehicle maintenance and expenses budgeting.
- Vehicle insurance and warranty expiration notifications.
Policies and compliance monitoring
- Automated tracking of vehicles’ operating parameters (e.g., fuel consumption, vehicle speed) to ensure compliance with fleet management regulations (e.g., Department of Transport).
- Remote monitoring of tachograph data compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., recorded periods of driving and rest, traveled distance, timely tachograph data download).
- Vehicle warranty expiration dates and insurance information tracking.
Software we build is well-suited to managing a variety of vehicles, including:
- 32 years in IT.
- 16 years in fleet management development.
- 8 Microsoft Gold competencies, including Application Development, Application Integration, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform.
- AWS Select Consulting Partner, Oracle Partner Network member.
FAQ on Fleet Management Software
Answered by Serge Pukhaev, Head of Fleet Management Practice at ScienceSoft
When can I get a complete fleet management application?
We rely on Agile in our fleet management software development projects and deliver a minimum viable product (MVP) or a first application version in 2 to 3 months...
Check out the whole answer
You may start getting ROI with the MVP while we continue to evolve software by adding new functionality to meet your arising needs so that you get a complete fleet management application within 6 to 8 months.
Developing a fleet management application is an investment-rich initiative. Will our investments pay off?
With a custom fleet management application, fleet management service providers increase revenue and get quick ROI due to wider opportunities for tailoring the functionality they offer to the needs of varied customer segments with easier and cheaper customizations. And fleet owners ensure the pay-off of their investments due to optimized operating costs, lower fuel spending, and acquiring more loyal customers due to a higher quality of transportation services.
Development of a Car Electronics Management Application
We empowered the Customer with a client-server solution with an interactive web interface and feature-rich mobile applications for iOS and Android, which enable user-to-vehicle communication and allow vehicle owners to track a vehicle’s location, start and stop the engine, open and close the doors, turn on and turn off the light, and perform other tasks remotely.
Development of Fleet Maintenance Software for a Provider of IT Solutions for the Mining Industry
ScienceSoft delivered a web and a mobile application that simplifies the process of filling out equipment inspection checklists, allows for monitoring equipment availability via an intuitive dashboard, and automatically generates maintenance notifications.
Mobile Fleet Management Product Development
We empowered a leading provider of fleet management solutions with a product geared towards logistics companies. The software product comprises vehicle tracking, order delivery monitoring, and invoicing functionality and provides for reliable integration with the logistics companies’ ERPs.
Developing of a Cargo Condition Monitoring Application
We provided a logistics company with an application that allows monitoring the temperature and humidity of cargo in real time, generating delivery condition violation alerts, and has advanced reporting capabilities.
Fleet management application consulting
For you to build a robust and scalable fleet management application, we:
- Analyze your needs or elaborate on your idea.
- Review application architecture or design one from scratch.
- Advise on an optimal tech stack.
- Audit or design a thought-out user experience.
End-to-end fleet management application development
For you to get an application ready to bring ROI right away, we unfold the development process:
- Business analysis.
- User experience design.
- Architecture and tracking algorithms design.
- Application development.
- Testing and QA.
- Support and evolution.
Fleet management solution evolution
We audit the application you currently use, design and implement new functional modules so that you get an opportunity to generate new value with legacy software.
Why You Shouldn’t Postpone Developing Your Fleet Management System
Deciding to hold off the development of your fleet management application, you miss the benefits promised by custom fleet management software, namely:
reduction in fuel expenses and operational costs
lower risk of accidents
higher driver retention rate
higher customer satisfaction rate
increase in revenue
Sources: Verizon, 2020 Fleet Tracking Trends Report.