Custom Content Management System to Handle Digital Assets
With 9-year experience in delivering content management systems (CMS),
ScienceSoft provides consultancy on custom and platform-based CMS.
What is a Custom CMS?
A custom CMS is an application tailored to specific business needs related to creating, storing, organizing and publishing digital content.
Custom content management system may include the following components:
- Document management,
- Records management (documents for legal purposes),
- Digital asset management (audio, video, graphic content),
- Web content management.
Creation and storage
- Content authoring tools (e.g., WYSIWYG editor).
- Built-in customizable templates.
- Content hierarchy taxonomy.
- Indexing and search.
- Integrated file managers.
- Content governance.
- Reporting and analytics.
- Integrated help desk.
Distribution and publishing
- Built-in SEO tools.
- SEO-friendly URLs.
- Content review and approval workflows, including complex workflows (e.g., non-linear, multistep).
- Content personalization.
- Multisite and multilanguage support.
- Accessibility on mobile devices.
Security and compliance
- Access control.
- Role-based permissions.
- Audit trail.
- Content retention and deletion policies.
- Regulatory compliance (e.g., GLBA, SOX, HIPAA).
to facilitate converting prospects into customers by regular distribution of personalized content.
to ensure secure storage and consistency of your company’s digital content involved in financial, sales, supply chain management, HR, and other business processes.
to easily create and publish content about your products, structurally organize and make it easily searchable on your site. For example, for one of ScienceSoft’s customers, our team integrated CMS with the ecommerce application to facilitate website page creation and editing for non-technical users. As a result, the customer’s marketing team just needed to fill CMS widgets with relevant text, images and links.
to simplify creating various types of marketing content to streamline marketing campaigns across email, website, social channels, and more.
to promote corporate content like news, events, publications, and more by direct publishing on social media.
Among key factors determining the efficiency of custom content management system are:
Well-structured and intuitive content organization
that helps reduce time for content search as well as accelerate content-related business processes.
Diverse built-in and customized content templates
that ensure high content reuse, which helps reduce writing time and translation costs as well as ensures content consistency across your organization.
A high level of automation
enables creating, editing, approving and publishing content faster and with less effort.
The average cost of custom CMS ranges from $150,000 to $400,000 for the overall services package including design, development of custom features, configuration, and other related services.
Key financial outcomes of custom content management system:
- Accelerated content-related business processes.
- Higher business productivity of employees using content extensively (e.g., lawyers).
- Reduced costs for:
- Content development and publishing.
- Website maintenance.
For midsize businesses and enterprises, custom CMS implementation shows the following economic impact:
Why choose custom CMS
Custom CMS is usually the choice of companies that have unique content creation and delivery needs, opt for bulletproof data protection and intuitive UI that facilitates content management even for non-technical users. For example, ScienceSoft’s team adhered to these requirements when builded a custom content management product for a Norwegian software company. The application was user-friendly and allowed users to easily manage dozens of websites simultaneously. What’s more, no reloading was needed to navigate between documents and applications.
ScienceSoft’s experience in CMS consulting and development as well as custom software development allows us to bring full-fledged content management system to our customers. Our CMS services offering includes:
Custom CMS consulting
- Analyzing content management needs.
- Eliciting technical requirements based on the needs.
- Conducting a feasibility study and CMS ROI assessment.
- Selecting relevant technologies and tools.
- Advising on useful integrations.
- Drawing a project plan.
- Designing user-friendly and intuitive UX/UI.
Custom CMS development
- Business analysis and design.
- End-to-end development.
- Data migration.
- Quality assurance.
- User adoption and training.
- Post-implementation support.
ScienceSoft is a global IT consulting and IT service company headquartered in McKinney, TX, US. We advise our customers on custom and platform-based CMS implementation and offer all-round related services from business analysis to post-implementation support. If you need assistance or advice on implementing custom CMS, you are welcome to reach out to our experts.