Application Modernization Services
Application modernization services help keep legacy apps cost-efficient and relevant to the current business needs. In software development since 1989, ScienceSoft provides app modernization services to upgrade apps safely and with minimal disruption to business processes.
Unlock New Value for Your Legacy Apps
ScienceSoft’s modernization experts can help you throughout the legacy app modernization cycle, from conducting a feasibility study and devising an optimal application modernization solution to providing consistent modernization implementation. As the holder of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications, the we rely on mature quality management and guarantee the cooperation doesn't pose any risks to the customers' data security.
Components We Modernize
App architectures and tech stack
Types of Apps we Modernize
- Web, mobile and desktop app modernization
- Enterprise application modernization (ERP, CRM, BPA, HCM, SCM, PPM, BI, data warehouses) & SaaS modernization.
- IoT, big data applications, blockchain, AI/ML modernization
- Dynamics 365
- ServiceNow and other platforms
- Сloud-based, on-premise and hybrid servers.
- Computers, laptops, mobile devices and wearables.
We thoroughly investigate your legacy application code and infrastructure, mine requirements and provide detailed guidance on the improvements that can help you to derive max value from previous investments.
Depending on the application and business needs, ScienceSoft offers one of the three ways to the cloud – application re-hosting, application re-platforming or application rearchitecting.
Check the details about each migration scenario
- Application re-hosting. We move the application from the on-premises or the old cloud infrastructure to the new cloud (AWS or Azure). This is a fast and simple migration option to enable DevOps and ubiquitous access and optimize the usage of hardware resources that also streamlines more advanced modernization in the future. However, re-hosting offers just limited cloud-driven benefits in terms of app resilience, performance and scalability.
- Application re-platforming. We complement moving the application to the cloud with the introduction of small modifications and upgrades in code that will bring more advanced cloud capabilities (improved performance, scaling, fault-tolerance, etc.) to the application.
- Application rearchitecting. We transform the architecture of the application (e.g., split it into web services/microsevices) to make it leverage cloud possibilities to the fullest. The application will adapt to dynamic load and performance requirements, allow for partial updates, technology mix, and shared platform usage.
With a wide pool of legacy application modernization skills, we can help you restore and slightly modify code and design of your long-running enterprise applications.
Check out reengineering gains
Application reengineering can grant:
- Web and mobile enablement.
- Improved look&feel.
- Simplified and less costly maintenance and updates.
- DevOps, CI/CD enablement.
- Increased performance and response time.
We revive your applications created on the basis of legacy languages and platforms (such as PowerBuilder, Delphi, VB, C++, COBOL) or aging technologies (outdated Java and .NET versions) with the use of modern programming languages, frameworks and databases.
Across all modernization options, we can pack your apps or their parts into packages isolated from each other at the OS level.
Learn containerization benefits
- Fewer resources required to run.
- Easier scalability.
- Simplified movement across different environments.
- CI/CD practices enablement.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
Application Modernization Project Duration
to perform UI updates, simple code conversions and cloud migrations
to re-platform/re-factor an application of medium size and complexity
for reengineering and refactoring of large enterprise-wide systems
Application Modernization: Key Cost Factors
- Complexity of applications and their dependencies.
- The volume of data to transfer.
- The life span of the application and its cloud migration readiness; the scope of infrastructure, code and configuration changes required.
- The extent of modernization automation and the cost of modernization automation software licenses.
- The required testing efforts.
No actual or detailed documentation (functional specification)
To smoothly substitute the legacy application, we mine business rules from existing application code and documentation, investigate code dependencies and component integrations. We readily cooperate with IT departments and other employees as well as third-party vendors, customer's partners, and other people knowledgeable of the application work.
Difficulty to predict modernization results
To keep the modernization process manageable, traceable and visible we split the application into several independent modules to introduce changes fast and incrementally. Also, we recognize the critical role of risk management and implement thorough analysis of the enterprise app basing on technical, business and economic considerations.
We ensure thorough testing coverage and broad monitoring to make sure modernized applications run as expected and don’t disrupt your business processes.
An application’s long freeze up
We can split the application into independent loosely coupled parts (e.g., microservices) for independent updates.
Application Modernization Benefits
Minimized costs and time of updates, changes and new integrations.
Increased performance, availability and better scalability, and security.
Simplified and more cost-efficient maintenance and testing.
Ability to reuse of the application’s functionality in external systems.
For cloud application migrations
Selected App Modernization Projects
Don’t Know Where to Start a Modernization Journey?
Let’s meet and discuss the options for boosting the efficiency and agility of your apps.