Web Portal Development
Web portal development implies engineering access to a variety of data and services via a single web interface. Since 2006, ScienceSoft has covered end-to-end portal implementation services for different purposes (B2C, B2B, B2E, and community communications) and industries.
Our Customers Say
Harding and Carbone has been very pleased with selecting ScienceSoft as our vendor for developing a client portal for our customers.
Their professionalism, expertise, guidance, organization, and timing has been wonderful. They were also very patient with explaining their process and the next steps if we ran into any issues that we did not understand.
Amber Amescua, Director of Operations, Harding and Carbone
Our web portal portfolio
ScienceSoft helped deliver a B2B portal that brings together buyers and vendors to gain visibility into every stage of the supply chain, optimize inventory management, enable demand planning and actively involve vendors in stock monitoring to avoid out-of-stocks.
A user-friendly self-service portal for a popular VoIP app to manage tariffs and pay for calls right from the browser. A rich payment functionality allows users to keep track of their calls and account balances in a secure and convenient manner.
ScienceSoft implemented a web portal and polling software for remote LED display monitoring. The solution comprises features for the Customer and their clients alike, reduces the need for on-site checks of displays condition and provides a consolidated area for online customer service.
ScienceSoft developed the concept of a web application to enhance buying and selling in the construction industry with workflow automation and online deal management between buyers and vendors.
ScienceSoft developed a fully functional corporate intranet on Microsoft Office 365. The portal provides users with a variety of learning capabilities and facilitates employees’ everyday activities.
A corporate-wide intranet solution for a Canadian full-service commercial bank to facilitate collaboration between departments. The solution provides tools for sharing documents and storing a corporate knowledge base and also encourages internal communication to streamline business processes across all bank levels.
Strategic partnership with Canada’s major travel agency to upgrade their 400 mln subscriptions web portal by introducing SPA (single-page application) and decompose their core online booking platform into independent services to boost the brand’s competitiveness in the busy travel & hospitality market.
WEB PORTALS WE DELIVER
Either for selling consumer goods or providing services, a self-service portal comes as just the right tool for establishing long-term relations with customers. Taking usability parameters (navigation, response time, credibility, reliability, and content) as a minimum requirement, we ensure your portal’s convenience in a range of functions:
- advanced order placement (e.g. custom services created with user participation)
- order and service management (e.g. (de)activating a service)
- wide choice of secure payment options
- announcements about service provision changes
- personalized recommendations
- account, purchase and payment history review
- reporting and statistics, and more
We offer the tandem of a rich industry experience and cutting-edge technologies resulting in the combination of a convenient and appealing interface with strong B2C portal capabilities.
Only by providing comprehensive customer self-service, a B2B customer portal will fuel customer satisfaction, streamline online sales and save costs. Therefore, our B2B portals include powerful tools for every member of a customer’s buying center (allowing multiple logins for each company), in order for
- End customers’ purchasing managers to place, track orders, manage services, report satisfaction
- End customers’ technical specialists to access your guides and other technical resources, report problems and get help
- End customers’ financial managers to check balance, statuses of invoices and payments, etc.
Besides, aimed at tight cooperation, a B2B portal will provide extensive functionality to help you beat the competition:
- Automated price calculation depending on volume, promotions and delivery deadline
- Easy (re)ordering tools, customized product descriptions and product comparisons
- Customer account-based content personalization, etc.
Created to empower partners, achieve competitive advantages and boost sales, 80% of partner portals end up unpopular with the channel partners. We know how to reverse this trend and are ready to nurture the partner portal till it starts engaging users.
We believe, a partner portal should become a daily tool for the partner’s entire staff, not just for a single vendor manager. This way, a vendor gains from direct information exchange with the partner’s personnel, no need for the constant involvement of a vendor manager. What is more, the circle of positively biased partner’s employees becomes wider.
When done right, your partner portal can win those who influence the end customer’s buying decision (e.g. a partner’s salespeople), just providing tools and informative resources to easily offer your products. Configurators, calculators, inventory, order status checking, customization tools and metrics - let our experts take care of all the partner portal’s functionality for you to enhance partnership with two-way e-communication.
A vendor portal is a collaborative platform for direct information exchange with your vendors (including in real time). To encourage vendor self-service and hence reduce your vendor management overload and operating costs, our portals support:
- role-based access control
- information and verifications’ submission, as well as profile details’ updates by vendors
- search for and on-portal acceptance of open purchase orders (POs)
- delivery dates setup and updates
- claims settlement
- direct electronic invoice submission
- inquiries about payments and invoice statuses
- statistics about previous purchases and supplies, etc.
With a vendor portal, all the necessary vendor information is quickly available for all departments involved. As the company and the vendors together gain from saving time and effort, a vendor portal is a win-win collaboration solution for both of you.
We can help you build a gateway in the e-world of your community. With the user-friendly interface and strong capabilities, including chat, forums, blogs, events, media files support and more, our portals connect community members to encourage collaboration and build relationships, as well as fuel experience and idea exchange.
Our learning portals already benefit governmental and private educational organizations around the globe. We know how to design a learning portal in the best interest of training providers and customers, be they businesses or individual learners. The portals delivered by our team allow:
- Training providers to facilitate the administration of trainings, manage the client base and efficiently deliver the learning materials
- Business customers to connect with training providers, get access to courses, allocate individualized training plans to employees and monitor their progress
- Tutees to select and follow an educational path, avoiding double learning by completing a tailored program based on their previous knowledge and specific requirements
These are just a few examples out of an extensive functionality that is packed in a responsive design to let our educational portals provide the true learning experience.
OUR WEB PORTAL OFFERING
Web portal consulting
- Retrieve business and user needs.
- Define portal functionality and tech stack.
- Develop a business case.
- Estimate portal ROI.
- Design a portal architecture for high performance, security and scalability.
- Deliver UX/UI mock-ups.
- Provide a project management and implementation scenario, project cost & time estimates.
Full-cycle web portal development
Our team offers:
- Portal consulting and planning.
- Custom and platform-based portal development.
- Mobile app development (if required).
- Integration with third-party systems.
- User training.
- After-launch support.
- Continuous portal management and evolution (on demand).
Our Approach to Web Portal Development
Easy content management