Digital Operations Consulting
Digital operations consulting will help you streamline production or service execution and reduce related costs. The services of ScienceSoft cover technical design of operations management software and, if required, its implementation and continuous support.
We deliver operations management software that helps:
Improve decision-making by enabling high visibility into operational workflows.
Reduce risks of operations bottlenecks by monitoring operations and related risks in real time.
Reduce reporting latency due to automated analysis of operational data.
Raise machinery efficiency due to automated equipment maintenance management.
Reduce inventory costs by monitoring inventory levels and sending automated alerts for replenishment.
Improve workflow coordination between operations functions thanks to collaboration tools.
Improve resource utilization with minimized risks of over- or underutilization.
for accurate production or service planning and operations optimization. Configurable dashboards for real-time visibility into operations data.
Digitalized business workflows
(e.g., production/service order approvals) and advanced techs for process automation (e.g., inventory tracking with barcode or RFID technology and machinery condition monitoring with IoT) to reduce labor costs and the risks of human errors.
Mature data security methods
(authorized user access, user activity logs, data encryption) to protect sensitive operational data.
with AI recommendations drawn from historical operations data and what-if scenario modeling (to balance production load across plants, compare different versions of a production schedule, etc.).
Inventory and warehouse management
for reduced inventory costs and streamlined workflows (automated inventory tracking, order picking routing, etc.).
Sales and purchase order management
for a facilitated order creation, approval and tracking.
for simplified workforce scheduling and reporting.
Production quality control
for improved quality and regulatory compliance of production outputs.
For service operations management
Service planning and resource management
to meet the customer demand, maximize resource utilization and improve service execution.
to accurately plan project budget, time and human resources, monitor project health and manage change requests.
Time and expense management
to simplify time and expense tracking and streamline approvals for timesheets and expense claims.
Service document management
for a quick document search and facilitated document creation.
with supply levels tracking and easy replenishment to avoid out-of-stock situations.
We also ensure smooth integration of operations management software with other business-critical software:
Have a look at our in-depth overview of operations management software to learn more about its functionality, integrations and success factors.
ScienceSoft’s approach to managing costs:
Defining an optimal feature set based on your business needs – no unnecessary functionality to pay for.
Developing software iteratively to implement the most important operational functions first and enable faster payback from software implementation.
Using proven frameworks, platforms, and ready-made components where possible to streamline development and ensure reliable software quality.
Defining different feasible targets for availability and performance of the solution’s modules (depending on how business-critical the processes the module covers are).
- 32 years in IT and 700+ employees on board.
- Expertise in software consulting and development for companies in 30 industries, including manufacturing, retail & wholesale, professional services, and healthcare firms.
- Skills in advanced techs:
in data science and prediction algorithms
in big data
in BI and data visualization
in image analysis
in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- In-house project management office and a mature quality management system in place (confirmed by the ISO 9001 certificate) to ensure the implementation of high-quality consulting projects on time and within budget.
- Guaranteed security of the customers’ data we access proved by the ISO 27001 certificate.
- Quick project start (1-2 weeks).
- Partnerships with Microsoft, Amazon, and Oracle.
- 9 Microsoft Gold Competencies: Application Integration, Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, Collaboration and Content Competency.
- HQ – McKinney, Texas. Representative offices in the UAE, EU. Offshore development centers in Eastern Europe. We are ready for on-site visits.
Operations Management Software for a Manufacturer of Phyto-Based Pharmaceuticals:
- Customer registration and document management software integrated with each other and an ecommerce solution to replace paper-based registration processing.
- An order management system integrated with the ecommerce solution to centralize order, sales, and supply information.
- A warehouse management tool to automate the control over available medicinal plants.
Development of an RFID-Based Smart Farming Application for Livestock Management
- A system that integrates an RFID scanner and a palmtop PC to transmit data on the tracked farm animals (changes in weight and location, pedigree, etc.).
- RFID tags and scanners reduce time spent on data gathering and processing, facilitating animal monitoring and identification at the farms.
Development of Inventory Management Software for a Herbal Medicine Manufacturer
- A system that monitors the herbs stock at the stages of harvesting, packaging and storing, automatically extracts the info from the electronic scale, and generates barcodes and inventory reports.
- Built in just 3 weeks – in time for the upcoming harvesting season.
Development of a BI Solution for the Producer of Phytotherapy Products
- A cloud-based BI system that integrates disparate data sources to provide transparency into the Customer’s product life cycle.
- The system enables near real-time company-wide reporting that covers sales, production, product quality management, and resource management.
BI Implementation for a US-Based Machinery Maintenance Entity with 25k Employees
- A robust BI solution monitoring employees’ task fulfillment, working time and related costs, and tracking important milestones (e.g., contract termination dates) for a more controllable HR and performance management.
- The system ensures data integrity by spotting discrepancies in it.
Let’s Discuss Your Project
Feel free to share your needs for operations management software in any format you prefer – from a full-scale RFP to RFI or a brief solution idea recap.
Technologies & Tools We Use
Business analysis methodologies
Interviews and focus groups
Value chain analysis
Risk assessment matrix
Lean Six Sigma
Architecture designs and patterns
Traditional 3-layer architecture
Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Various approaches to enterprise application integration (database integration, point-to-point and middleware-based SOA, robotic process automation)
What we do
- Analyze your business needs and related operations workflows (by using fitting business analysis methodologies and interviewing your subject-matter experts).
- Research how operations are currently supported by technology: review applications in use, their architecture, functionality, and integrations between them to identify gaps.
- Elicit software requirements in collaboration with your subject-matter experts and involved managers (operations/production managers, asset and inventory managers, etc.) and transform them into a detailed software specification for the development team.
- Design custom software architecture in alignment with your performance, security, and compliance requirements. Choose technology stack. Prepare UX and UI mockups.
Show more actions
- Select the best fitting off-the-shelf software and prepare a customization and integrations specification.
- Prepare solution implementation plan, including cost estimation and feasibility study (optional).
What you get
- Software & hardware (barcode / RFID / IoT techs) requirements specification. The level of elaboration is agreed upon individually.
- Solution architecture design.
- UX and UI (re)design.
- Off-the-shelf software comparison.
- A project plan with time and budget estimation based on business priorities, financial and technical limitations.
- Feasibility study report and a business case (expected costs and financial outcomes, ROI or NPV).
- Risk management plan.
- KPI system to measure the quality of operations management system and business value from its implementation.
What we do
- Develop a Proof-of-Concept (optional).
- Implement a custom operations management solution OR customize off-the-shelf software.
- Integrate the solution or its components with each other and with your existing systems.
- Integrate and install hardware (if applicable, e.g., for IoT-driven systems).
- Run end-to-end system testing (covering functional, UI, API, performance testing).
Show more actions
- Migrate necessary data from currently used systems.
- Deploy the solution and conduct user training.
- Provide after-launch support
- Evolve your operations management software, if required.
What you get
- Documented code with unit tests.
- API descriptions.
- Test documentation, including automated tests (API and UI tests).
- Infrastructure configurations.
- User documentation.
- Regular status reports.
- System KPI and maintenance reports.