Large-Scale Software Development
Large-scale software development services help address possible risks and staff long-lasting enterprise projects. At ScienceSoft, we provide consulting, development and team augmentation services to build large-scale apps, including for Fortune 500 companies.
Risk of volatile project scope
- Modeling of app features and feature dependencies.
- Feature prioritization for agile development and fast app deployment.
Risk of software overcomplexity
- Sustainable software architecture with well-planned dependencies between layers and modules.
- High-quality and easily maintainable code due to extensive code reuse, unit testing and code reviews.
Risk of poor process coordination
- Development project split in sub-projects with dedicated PMs.
- Tailored instruments for high-level project coordination.
- DevOps practices to eliminate infrastructure-related issues.
Risk of lack of resources
- Team augmentation services.
- Continuous hiring process and an uninterrupted project flow.
- Quick scaling up and down the team on demand.
- Knowledge transfer and retention.
Risk of cost and time overruns
- Accurate project scoping.
- Involvement of senior developers to ensure minimal learning curve and prevent rework.
- Employing proven third-party components and public APIs.
- Cloud-native architectures.
- Proprietary approach to testing for optimized QA efforts.
Risk of a lagging app
- Optimal app architecture.
- Integrated application performance monitoring.
- Continuous performance testing as a part of CI/CD.
Risk of problematic security and compliance
- Component-level software security.
- Integration of security practices throughout the development lifecycle (DevSecOps).
- Regular security and compliance testing.
Mitigate the Risks of Your Large-Scale Software Project
ScienceSoft offers a proactive approach to project risk management to help you plan and execute a large-scale project smoothly.
Enterprise resource and process management software
Challenge: multi-task multi-users systems
ScienceSoft helps investigate the use context of software and plan its functionality and architecture
Software we build:
- Finance, accounting, invoicing, billing, and budgeting
- Supply chain management
- Sales, marketing, and customer service
- Procurement and vendor management
- Inventory and asset management
- Project management
- Product lifecycle management
- HR and talent management
- Smart factory management
- Equipment monitoring, maintenance, and OEE management
- Quality management
- Field service
Smart connected solutions
- Remote monitoring
- Connected cars
- Smart transportation
- Smart home
- Video surveillance
Challenge: strict regulations, sensitive and high-value data
ScienceSoft provides in-house compliance experts and helps set up rigorous security controls
Software we build:
- Government portals
- Document management
- Financial management
- Payment platforms
- Security information and event management
Partnerships and recognitions
Key company numbers
- Over 3,000 successfully fulfilled projects.
- 970+ clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
- 700+ full-time employees on board.
- Headquarters in the US and 5 operating offices in Europe and the UAE.
- 76% of revenue comes from 1+ year-long partnerships.
Among our clients
Confirm Project Viability, Then Invest
A feasibility study conducted by ScienceSoft will help you see the strengths of your large-scale project and potential threats to its success.
Software architectural patterns
The World's Largest PLM Software Development
ScienceSoft developed a product lifecycle management application powering 20,000 retailers, manufacturers, and suppliers in 110 countries.
Trade Marketing Planning Software for an 82,000 Staff FMCG Company
ScienceSoft developed two interconnected applications – a field planning tool and a market integrated platform. The solution is used in more than 60 countries.
Blockchain-Based Supply Chain Software
ScienceSoft used blockchain to create a supply chain transparent for manufacturers, distributors and stores. The MVP was delivered in 3 months.
Security Audit Software for Consul/IBM
ScienceSoft’s team of 19 developers participated in 4 product releases and created 20 autonomous modules.
Supply Chain E-Collaboration Network for 1,700-Store Auchan
ScienceSoft created an Oracle-based platform where category managers, buyers and vendors could manage their buying and selling processes.
Our Customers Talk
Due to our business growth, we decided to outsource the continuous development, support and maintenance of our proprietary internal systems. We engaged ScienceSoft as our development partner. ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality.
Business Development Director, Give Back Wireless
The challenge [of the projects] was not only to provide quality development services but to collaborate with two international teams engaged in the project implementation. ScienceSoft accomplished this task in a highly productive and efficient way.
Senior Solution Architect, Leo Burnett
ScienceSoft’s C++ developers have been assisting Supponor in the ongoing development of the software for the past 11 years. ScienceSoft’s experience in cross-platform, real-time systems, and computer graphics as well as their robust skills in integrations across a wide range of highly specific hardware helps to ensure consistently high performance and wide compatibility of Supponor’s products.
ScienceSoft’s Services for Large-Scale Projects
- Reviewing your current project management process.
- Planning and implementing new project management practices and instruments that address management gaps.
- Documenting project requirements and scope.
- Planning resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Estimating the budget based on the project scope.
- Setting up a project schedule, planning iterative releases if needed.
- Investigating all business workflows that must be covered by software.
- Scoping software requirements, addressing conflicting requirements.
- Helping choose between custom and platform-based software development.
- Creating functional and architecture specifications.
- Planning software integrations (10+ integrations may be required for business-critical systems).
- Providing all resources needed for project completion (a pool of 370+ software developers and 240+ other project roles).
- An in-house Project Management Office.
- Fully self-organized teams with no need for your interference in daily activities.
- Transparent reporting according to the agreed schedule.
We can complement your project team with the following competencies:
- Project management
- Back-end and front-end programming
- Software architecture
- Testing and QA
- UX and UI design
- Help desk
Get Expert Help for Large-Scale Software Development
With ScienceSoft, you get knowledgeable project management and skilled software engineering that positively impact the course and results of large-scale projects.
- Project costs are reduced due to the fast development pace.
- Project flow is coordinated and clear to all the involved participants.
- The time-to-value is short, with the first release generally available in 4-6 months and further releases each 2-3 months.
- Software under iterative development is available 99.99% of the time due to the well-established CI/CD process.
- Risks of budget overruns and vague deadlines are minimized.