Large-Scale Software Development
A Unique Blend of Tech Skills and Industry Knowledge
With experience from over 3,600 IT projects and a cherry-picked team of 750+ IT professionals, ScienceSoft is a trusted partner to build large, complex and data-intensive software solutions.
Risks of Large-Scale Software Development. Mitigated
Large-scale projects are typically more complex and involve multiple teams, techs, dependencies, significant resources, longer timelines, and many stakeholders with various expectations. All this significantly increases the chances for things to go wrong. Here is how ScienceSoft manages some of the common risks:
Risk of volatile project scope
- Modeling of app features and feature dependencies.
- Feature prioritization for agile development and fast app deployment.
Risk of software overcomplexity
- Sustainable software architecture with well-planned dependencies between layers and modules.
- High-quality and easily maintainable code due to extensive code reuse, unit testing and code reviews.
Risk of poor process coordination
- Development project split in sub-projects with dedicated project managers.
- DevOps practices to eliminate infrastructure-related issues.
- Accurate, up-to-date, and detailed documentation.
- Tailored frequency, granularity, and format of communication within the development team and with the business side.
- Established knowledge management.
Risk of lack of resources
- Team augmentation services.
- Continuous hiring process and an uninterrupted project flow.
- Quick scaling up and down the team on demand.
- Knowledge transfer and retention.
Risk of cost and time overruns
Risk of a lagging app
- Optimal app architecture.
- Integrated application performance monitoring.
- Continuous performance testing as a part of CI/CD.
- Established quality controls at each step.
Risk of problematic security and compliance
- Component-level software security.
- Integration of security practices throughout the development lifecycle (DevSecOps).
- Regular security and compliance testing.
ScienceSoft’s C++ developers have been assisting Supponor in the ongoing development of the software for the past 11 years. ScienceSoft’s experience in cross-platform, real-time systems, and computer graphics helps to ensure consistently high performance and wide compatibility of Supponor’s products. We know we can rely on ScienceSoft’s experts and trust their excellent understanding of what our clients demand from Supponor software.
Senior Solution Architect
The challenge [of the projects] was not only to provide quality development services but to collaborate with two international teams engaged in the project implementation. ScienceSoft accomplished this task in a highly productive and efficient way.
Business Development Director
Give Back Wireless
Due to our business growth, we decided to outsource the continuous development, support and maintenance of our proprietary internal systems. We engaged ScienceSoft as our development partner. ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality.
Large-Scale Applications We Develop
Enterprise resource and process management software
Challenge: multi-task multi-users systems
ScienceSoft helps investigate the use context of software and plan its functionality and architecture
Software we build:
- Finance, accounting, invoicing, billing, and budgeting
- Supply chain management
- Sales, marketing, and customer service
- Procurement and vendor management
- Inventory and asset management
- Project management
- Product lifecycle management
- HR and talent management
- Smart factory management
- Equipment monitoring, maintenance, and OEE management
- Quality management
- Field service
Smart connected solutions
- Remote monitoring
- Connected cars
- Smart transportation
- Smart home
- Video surveillance
Challenge: complexity of calculations, the need for excellent operational accuracy
ScienceSoft delivers software with complex financial logic that smoothly handles even highly specific operations and ensures 100% accuracy of financial calculations.
Software we build:
Challenge: strict regulations, sensitive and high-value data
ScienceSoft provides in-house compliance experts and helps set up rigorous security controls
Software we build:
- Government portals
- Document management
- Financial management
- Security information and event management
Partnerships and recognitions
Key company numbers
- Since 1989 in software development.
- Over 3,600 successfully fulfilled projects.
- 1,200+ clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
- 750+ full-time IT professionals on board.
- Headquarters in the US and operating offices in Europe and the UAE.
- 62% of our revenue from the customers we serve for more than 2 years.
Among our clients
Our High-Tech Expertise
ScienceSoft uses smart technologies and effective architectural practices to solve the most challenging business tasks like intelligent process automation.
Advanced data analytics techniques and solutions
Software architectural patterns
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
ScienceSoft’s Services for Large-Scale Projects
- Reviewing your current project management process.
- Planning and implementing new project management practices and instruments that address management gaps.
- Documenting project requirements and scope.
- Planning resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Estimating the budget based on the project scope.
- Setting up a project schedule, planning iterative releases if needed.
- Investigating all business workflows that must be covered by software.
- Scoping software requirements, addressing conflicting requirements.
- Helping choose between custom and platform-based software development.
- Creating functional and architecture specifications.
- Planning software integrations (10+ integrations may be required for business-critical systems).
- Providing all resources needed for project completion (a pool of 500+ software developers and 250+ other project roles).
- An in-house Project Management Office.
- Fully self-organized teams with no need for your interference in daily activities.
- KPI-based progress tracking and transparent reporting according to the agreed schedule.
- Transparent reporting according to the agreed schedule.