Application Support and Maintenance Services
Application support and maintenance services are aimed to ensure that applications are highly available, reliable, and relevant to evolving business needs. Since 2007, ScienceSoft delivers full-range support and maintenance services for applications of different types and complexity.
Key company numbers
years in software development
successfully finished projects
full-time employees on board
of our revenue generates from +1-year long-term contracts (1 – 10+ years)
Highlights of our support services
Companies that rely on ScienceSoft’s support services
Applications we support
Custom enterprise applications
Built for corporate usage.
SaaS and on-premises apps built to be put on the market.
Due to our business growth, we decided to outsource the continuous development, support and maintenance of our proprietary internal systems…ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality. By working with ScienceSoft, we’ve been able to achieve exactly what we set out to accomplish with this strategy, and we recommend them as a trustworthy partner with skilled technical specialists on board.”
Luke Walther, Business Development Director, Give Back Wireless
THE SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES
Resolution of identified issues of different complexity (from basic usage problems to application code/database defects).
- Continuous application monitoring and optimization.
- Agile-driven application evolution: introducing new app features and integrations, re-architecti, etc.
Creating and maintaining detailed information for user self-service.
Guiding materials for users:
- Product and technical information.
- Knowledge base with convenient search.
Solving basic application usage issues.
- Receiving and registering requests submitted via phone/video calls, chat, social networks, email, self-service portal.
- Prioritizing support requests.
- Solving basic user issues (e.g., password reset, logging in/out, etc.).
- Escalating unsolved issues to the next support level and providing issue status updates according to an agreed SLA till resolution.
Fixing application operational issues.
- Resolving software configuration and account administration incidents, escalating more complex issues to L3 support.
- Software installations.
- Log investigation for root cause analysis of the issues.
Resolving complex application issues.
For custom applications:
- Fixing complex issues by introducing changes to the code and database.
For platform-based applications:
Introducing application enhancements.
For custom applications:
- Developing new application features.
- Adding software integrations.
- Application re-architecting, containerization.
For platform-based applications:
- Introducing new application customizations.
QA and testing
Ensuring the application quality and undisrupted functioning during the defects fixing, introduction of new app features and integrations.
- Manual and automated testing.
- Unit, API, and UI testing.
- Exploratory and regression testing.
- Functional testing.
- Integration testing.
- Compatibility and localization testing.
- Security testing.
- Usability testing.
Application performance management
Ensuring app stability and scalability.
- Selecting and configuring tools for app performance monitoring and testing.
- App performance monitoring to detect unfavorable trends (evolving slowdowns or issues).
- App performance testing (load, stability, scalability, stress testing).
Application security management
Ensuring the safety of business and customer data.
- 24/7 security monitoring.
- Scheduled app vulnerability and misconfiguration diagnostics.
- Penetration testing.
- Detailed vulnerability reports.
- Fixing discovered vulnerabilities.
Monitoring and improving app compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, GLBA)
- Automated scanning and manual analysis of the app.
- Mitigation of the detected vulnerabilities affecting compliance.
Additional services aimed to facilitate application maintenance
CI/CD and DevOps implementation
Automating implementation of changes and new features.
- Applying the infrastructure as a code (IaaC) approach.
- Setting up and maintaining continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Building test automation (if relevant) into the pipeline.
Cloud resource management
Cloud consumption analysis, optimization, and maintenance.
- Examination of the cloud environment and identification of deficiencies.
- Resource consumption optimization.
- On-demand cloud resource management.
TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK WITH
Optimized support and maintenance costs
For our customers to reduce application support and maintenance costs by 1.5 - 2.5 times, we offer:
- Proven ITIL-based support processes.
- Smart escalation matrix for application issues.
- CI/CD pipelines for quick and smooth application evolution.
- Cloud resource consumption optimization.
- Application performance monitoring for proactive resolution of app performance issues.
- Balanced manual and automated testing efforts.
We provide clear reports for each support and maintenance activity at any required schedule. Typical report types include:
- Service level reports.
- Incident reports with root cause analysis.
- Support team performance and workload reports.
- Application enhancement and evolution reports.
- Security audit reports.
- Application performance monitoring reports.
- Test execution and testing summary reports.
KPIs we apply for app support & maintenance
We define clear KPIs together with our customers and build our support and maintenance services around these targets. We track the KPIs’ fulfillment internally and report the results at a schedule convenient for you. Our KPI system typically includes:
Application support metrics
- First response time.
- Resolution rate.
- Average time to resolution.
- Meant time to recovery.
- User satisfaction score.
Application maintenance metrics
- Application availability: actual uptime relative to the availability agreed, number of service interruptions, overall downtime or average duration of service interruptions, etc.
- Number of implemented change requests.
- Number of change requests in the backlog.
- Ratio between estimated and actual budget for the planned maintenance activity.
- Earned value of a specific maintenance activity.
HOW OUR APP SUPPORT & MAINTENACE WORK
1. Analysis of your request
We examine your business needs, app requirements, architecture, tech stack, actual functionality, and backlog of defects and change requests to define the scope of app support and maintenance services.
2. App support and maintenance service planning and SLA preparation
We discuss the details of the needed services and formalize them in a service level agreement (SLA). Depending on the scope of app support and maintenance services rendered, the SLA may outline:
App support terms
- Support hours (e.g., 8/5, 12/5, 24/5, 24/7 servicing).
- Required levels of support (L1-L3).
- Size of a support team.
- Communication channels (e.g., customer portal, issue-tracking system, email, phone, instant messaging, social networks).
- Issue prioritization rules, the corresponding response and resolution time.
- Required report types and reporting schedule.
App maintenance terms
- App changes to be introduced.
- New app features to be developed.
- App performance requirements.
- Scope of activities aimed to ensure the app’s security and required performance.
- KPIs for the requested services.
- Reporting types and schedule.
3. Responsibility transfer
Based on the SLA and its objectives, we prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) and instructions to stipulate all support and maintenance activities.
4. Service delivery
Our team gets down to performing support and maintenance activities outlined in the SLA. We regularly analyze the team’s performance and provide reports according to the agreed schedule. Additionally, we continuously gather user feedback to understand what enhancements should be introduced to increase the user satisfaction score and suggest the application and support process improvements for your consideration.
Fixed monthly fee
Time & Material (hourly billing with a cap)
Mixed model (e.g., fixed monthly fee + T&M)
Best for: long-term cooperation entailing miscellaneous support and maintenance services, application evolution.
You can combine different pricing models best fitting the required app support and maintenance activities comprising your service suite.
Get Result-Oriented & Cost-Effective App Support!
ScienceSoft can quickly dive into your application support and maintenance project to ensure:
- 99.99% application’s availability.
- 1.5-2.5 times reduction in app support costs.
- Zero defects in app production during its continuous evolution.