Application Support and Maintenance Services
Application support and maintenance services are aimed to ensure that applications are highly available, reliable, and relevant to evolving business needs. Since 2007, ScienceSoft delivers full-range support and maintenance services for applications of different types and complexity.
Key company numbers
years in software development
successfully finished projects
full-time employees on board
of our revenue is generated from long-term contracts: from 1 to 10+ years
Highlights of our support services
Companies that rely on ScienceSoft’s support services
The Scope of Our Services
Resolution of identified issues of different complexity (from basic usage problems to application code/database defects).
- Continuous application monitoring and optimization.
- Agile-driven application evolution: introducing new app features and integrations, re-architecting, etc.
Note: with 700+ IT professionals aboard, the number and scale of application support and maintenance services provided can be quickly - from 1 day to 1 week - changed based on your varying business needs.
Creating and maintaining detailed information for user self-service.
Guiding materials for users:
- Product and technical information.
- Knowledge base with convenient search.
Solving basic application usage issues.
- Receiving and registering requests submitted via phone/video calls, chat, social networks, email, self-service portal.
- Prioritizing support requests.
- Solving basic user issues (e.g., password reset, logging in/out, etc.).
- Escalating unsolved issues to the next support level and providing issue status updates according to an agreed SLA till resolution.
Fixing application configuration and infrastructure issues.
- Resolving software configuration incidents.
- Administering application environment and user accounts.
- Software installations.
- Log investigation for root cause analysis of the issues.
Resolving application issues on the code level.
For custom applications:
- Fixing complex issues by introducing changes to the code and database.
For platform-based applications:
Introducing application enhancements.
For custom applications:
- Developing new application features.
- Adding software integrations.
- Application re-architecting, containerization.
For platform-based applications:
- Introducing new application customizations.
QA and testing
Ensuring the application quality and undisrupted functioning during the defects fixing, introduction of new app features and integrations.
- Manual and automated testing.
- Unit, API, and UI testing.
- Exploratory and regression testing.
- Functional testing.
- Integration testing.
- Compatibility and localization testing.
- Security testing.
- Usability testing.
Application performance management
Ensuring app stability and scalability.
- Selecting and configuring tools for app performance monitoring and testing.
- App performance monitoring to detect unfavorable trends (evolving slowdowns or issues).
- App performance testing (load, stability, scalability, stress testing).
Application security management
Ensuring the safety of business and customer data.
- 24/7 security monitoring.
- Scheduled app vulnerability and misconfiguration diagnostics.
- Penetration testing.
- Detailed vulnerability reports.
- Fixing discovered vulnerabilities.
Monitoring and improving app compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, GLBA)
- Automated scanning and manual analysis of the app.
- Mitigation of the detected vulnerabilities affecting compliance.
Additional services aimed to facilitate application maintenance
CI/CD and DevOps implementation
Automating implementation of changes and new features.
- Applying the infrastructure as a code (IaaC) approach.
- Setting up and maintaining continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Building test automation (if relevant) into the pipeline.
Cloud resource management
Cloud consumption analysis, optimization, and maintenance.
- Examination of the cloud environment and identification of deficiencies.
- Resource consumption optimization.
- On-demand cloud resource management.
Need Tailored App Support and Maintenance Services?
ScienceSoft can help you assemble the best fitting service package depending on the type, business criticality, and specific requirements of your applications.
What Our Customers Say
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They have fixed hundreds of bugs in the product’s performance since the start of our cooperation back in 2016 and keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base.Read Original
CEO, ZEITundZUTRITT GmbH
Due to our business growth, we decided to outsource the continuous development, support and maintenance of our proprietary internal systems. ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality. We recommend them as a trustworthy partner with skilled technical specialists on board.Read Original
Business Development Director, Give Back Wireless
ScienceSoft has been vital to our company’s growth in ecommerce over the last 3 years. We rely on the team for a variety of Magento support tasks, and they always deal with our problems fast. They are a very versatile company in terms of the number of services they provide. With their help, we’ve successfully upgraded our platform, improved our front-end UI, and developed a more efficient internal workflow to support our customers.Read Original
Creative Director, Dot It Restaurant Fulfillment
Technologies We Work With
Optimized support and maintenance costs
For our customers to reduce application support and maintenance costs by 1.5 - 2.5 times, we offer:
- Proven ITIL-based support processes.
- Smart issue escalation matrix.
- CI/CD pipelines for quick and smooth application evolution.
- Cloud resource consumption optimization.
- Application performance monitoring for proactive resolution of app performance issues.
- Balanced manual and automated testing efforts.
Comprehensive KPIs suite
We define clear KPIs together with our customers and build our support and maintenance services around these targets. We track the KPIs’ fulfillment internally and report the results at a schedule convenient for you.
What our KPI system typically includes
Note: a KPIs’ suite can be fine-tuned during a service trial period and in the process of our collaboration for it to stay informative and relevant for the altering scope of app support and maintenance services.
Transparent app maintenance and support reporting
We provide clear reports for each support and maintenance activity at any required schedule. Typical report types include:
- Service level reports.
- Incident reports with root cause analysis.
- Support team performance and workload reports.
- Application enhancement and evolution reports.
- Security audit reports.
- Application performance monitoring reports.
- Test execution and testing summary reports.
Focus on continuous application evolution
Our application maintenance services aim to ensure your apps not just stay complaint with the initial requirements, but evolve with your business needs and bring even more value. To keep our customers’ applications ever-green, we:
- Continuously communicate and collaborate with our long-term customers to keep up with their current needs and priorities.
- Suggest a number of variants (each based on feasibility study and ROI calculation) of the application enhancements and evolution.
- Being a full-range IT services partner, provide any additional services required to address the customers’ needs (e.g., cloud resource optimization and management; application migration, recoding, containerization; testing and QA outsourcing, etc.).
- Introduce and test the required application enhancements within optimal time and budget.
Note: if you need to quickly introduce substantial changes to the application, we can provide a separate app enhancement team comprising the team lead, software developers, and test engineers.
Guaranteed data security
Our support and maintenance professionals are highly cautious about our customers’ business data security. Being a provider of cybersecurity services, ScienceSoft relies on an ISO 27001-certified information security management system and perform in-house 24/7 security monitoring.
Keep Your Apps Up-To-Date & Value-Bringing!
To keep your applications effective and relevant to changing business needs, ScienceSoft employs a comprehensive range of activities, including prompt and sustainable introduction of new features, modules, and integrations, application migration and re-architecting.
How Our App Support & Maintenance Work
1. Analysis of your request (up to 3 days)
We examine your business needs, app requirements, architecture, tech stack, actual functionality, and backlog of defects and change requests to define the scope of app support and maintenance services.
2. App support and maintenance service planning and SLA preparation (from 2 weeks)
We discuss the details of the needed services and formalize them in a service level agreement (SLA). Depending on the scope of app support and maintenance services rendered, the SLA may outline:
App support terms
- Support hours (e.g., 8/5, 12/5, 24/5, 24/7 servicing).
- Required levels of support (L1-L3).
- Size of a support team.
- Communication channels (e.g., customer portal, issue-tracking system, email, phone, instant messaging, social networks).
- Issue prioritization rules, the corresponding response and resolution time.
- Required report types and reporting schedule.
App maintenance terms
- App changes to be introduced.
- New app features to be developed.
- App performance requirements.
- Scope of activities aimed to ensure the app’s security and required performance.
- KPIs for the requested services.
- Reporting types and schedule.
3. Responsibility transfer (up to 1 week)
Based on the SLA and its objectives, we prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) and instructions to stipulate all support and maintenance activities.
4. Support and maintenance launch (up to 2 days)
Our team gets down to performing support and maintenance activities outlined in the SLA. We regularly analyze the team’s performance and provide reports according to the agreed schedule. Additionally, we continuously gather user feedback to understand what enhancements should be introduced to increase the user satisfaction score and suggest the application and support process improvements for your consideration.
Fixed monthly fee
Time & Material (hourly billing with a cap)
Mixed model (e.g., fixed monthly fee + T&M)
Best for: long-term cooperation entailing miscellaneous support and maintenance services, application evolution.
You can combine different pricing models best fitting the required app support and maintenance activities comprising your service suite.
Our Success Stories
Get Result-Oriented & Cost-Effective App Support!
ScienceSoft can quickly dive into your application support and maintenance project to ensure:
- 1.5-2.5 times reduction in app support and maintenance costs.
- Up to 40% faster new app features’ introduction.
- Zero defects in app production during its continuous evolution.