Application Support and Maintenance Services
Enjoy Your App Running and Evolving Smoothly
With well-established ITIL 4 processes, ScienceSoft provides app support and maintenance services to businesses from 31 industries, guaranteeing >97% app user satisfaction rate.
Our Service Promise in Numbers
Application support and maintenance services are aimed to ensure that your apps are highly available, reliable and keep up with your ever-evolving business needs.
ScienceSoft provides app support and maintenance services since 2007. We help our customers from 30+ industries free up their IT staff and fully focus on the creative side of the business to achieve sustainable growth.
application user satisfaction rate
< 40 sec
for response on 90% of calls
< 8 h
for a hot-fix deployment
< 1 wk
for a minor app upgrade
See How We Address Support and Maintenance Challenges
High costs of maintenance and support services?
Our smart issue escalation matrix, cloud resource optimization, and proactive issue resolution help achieve 1.5-2x cost reduction.
Rare updates and slow backlog implementation?
We roll out updates every 2-4 weeks and ensure their 40% smoother and faster deployment thanks to the CI/CD pipeline.
Lack of progress visibility and transparency?
ScienceSoft relies on mature KPI metrics, shares access to logging tools, and sends elaborate reports for full service clarity.
34 years in IT, 16 years in help desk, 15 years in ITSM.
Established ITIL 4 processes.
Certified personnel: Microsoft Certified Professionals, AWS Certified SysOps, Red Hat Certified Cybersecurity, experts with ITSM-related certificates, etc.
62% of revenue is from long-term partners (2+ years of cooperation).
Experience with complex, large-scale apps.
Mature quality management system backed by ISO 9001 certification to ensure value-driven service delivery.
ISO 27001-certified information security management system to guarantee complete safety of the customers' data we access.
Web Application Support for a US Largest Marketing Agency
- 24/7 L2, L3 support of a .NET, React, and AWS solution.
- Proactive approach brought a 36% decrease in user-reported issues.
- App user satisfaction rate raised to 97%.
Maintenance and Support Services of a Bio Lab Product Driving GSK and AstraZeneca
- 10+ years of cooperation.
- Team of 8-29 .NET and Oracle specialists.
- Support team with industry-specific degrees.
Support and Maintenance for an Ecommerce Business with 40+ Online Stores
- Performance optimization, security testing, and redesign as part of maintenance.
- Experts in PHP, WordPress, and AWS.
- Services helped to improve website ranking and increase conversion.
Web and Mobile App Maintenance for MTV's Streaming Provider
- 5.5+ years of cooperation under T&M arrangement.
- Continuous maintenance and evolution of apps by 9 specialists.
Support and Maintenance of an AR-powered Advertising Solution
- 11+ years of cooperation.
- Applications based on AR and computer vision technologies.
- Customer calls C++ experts “an indispensable part” of their team.
Application Support Services for a US Telecom Company
- Support of a customer web portal.
- Help-desk experts helped to reduce fraudulent claims and attract more eligible users.
- Team of experts in PHP and React.
Support and Maintenance Services for a Scotland’s Government Agency
- 5+ years of cooperation: troubleshooting and migration.
- Reactive problem solving: critical issues are resolved within 1 hour.
- SharePoint and SQL farms configurations.
Maintenance and Support of a Deloitte-approved Mobile Banking App
- 6+ years of cooperation.
- Kotlin and Swift development teams.
- 7 complex blocks of innovative loyalty features added over 4 years of mobile app evolution.
Software Support Services for Global Advertising Company
- 8/5 L1, L2, L3 support services.
- Accumulation of ticket resolution info into a knowledge base to reduce the time on addressing similar issues in the future.
- Experts in PHP, Magento.
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They have fixed hundreds of bugs in the product’s performance since the start of our cooperation back in 2016 and keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base.
Chief Information Officer
I would happily recommend ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a transparent, reliable IT support vendor. They helped us deliver several PHP-based projects, mobile applications, refactored and improved the performance of our .NET code, provided L3 support for our web services. They’re very effective and consistently meet all the required KPIs: we were guaranteed hotfix rollouts in under 24 hours, and they delivered on the promise.
ScienceSoft has been providing an excellent level of service maintaining the application’s AWS infrastructure. During our cooperation, ScienceSoft’s team has built a fault-tolerant and highly available application infrastructure with automatic crash recovery capabilities, which makes our web application stable and high-performing. We would certainly recommend ScienceSoft as a reliable service provider.
Business Development Director
Give Back Wireless
Due to our business growth, we decided to outsource the continuous development, support and maintenance of our proprietary internal systems. ScienceSoft coordinated knowledge transfer, discovery of our internal systems, then transitioned into supporting those systems and taking on projects to evolve their functionality. We recommend them as a trustworthy partner with skilled technical specialists on board.
Dot It Restaurant Fulfillment
ScienceSoft has been vital to our company’s growth in ecommerce over the last 3 years. We rely on the team for a variety of Magento support tasks, and they always deal with our problems fast. They are a very versatile company in terms of the number of services they provide. With their help, we’ve successfully upgraded our platform, improved our front-end UI, and developed a more efficient internal workflow to support our customers.
AL Tamimi & Company
After the intranet migration was finished, we engaged ScienceSoft to provide maintenance and break-fix support for 10 months with monthly system health checks. We’d like to point out that ScienceSoft remained highly responsive during the support cooperation (2 hours to respond, max 4 hours to address a downtime issue).
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
Maintenance vs. Support: Feel the Difference
Both application support and application maintenance play a crucial role in ensuring smooth long-term performance of a software app. While often used interchangeably, these terms refer to distinct activities having different goals and encompassing different task scopes.
- Application maintenance is focused on the regular activities required to keep the app stable, smoothly operating, and aligned with the evolving business needs. Bug fixing, security and compliance monitoring, app scaling and upgrading with new features are some examples of maintenance flows.
- Application support primarily serves to assist end users in smooth app utilization and solving any arising issues. It covers troubleshooting, incident management, user education, and UX improvement and aims to enhance app user satisfaction.
The Scope of Our Services
Application support services
Preparing guiding materials for users:
- Product and technical information.
- Manuals, FAQs.
- Knowledge base with convenient search.
- Continuous maintenance of all guiding materials.
ScienceSoft’s proactive L0 services reduce the L1-L3 requests by 60%.
Pricing model: Fixed price – you pay a fixed fee for the services.
- Receiving and registering requests submitted via all possible communication means.
- Prioritizing requests and resolving basic user issues.
- Efficient SOPs and ITSM processes.
- Solving basic user issues in under 10 min.
- Providing issue status updates according to an agreed SLA till resolution.
Pricing model: Price per ticket – you pay at the end of the month, according to the number of L1 tickets we resolve.
- Administering application environment and user accounts.
- Optimizing software installation.
- Log investigation for issue root cause analysis.
- Resolving even the most serious incidents in less than 8 hours.
Pricing model: Price per ticket – we define the L2 ticket cost, and you pay at the end of the month for the number of tickets we resolve.
- Identifying and fixing complex issues via swift changes to the code and database.
- Root cause issue resolution.
- Rolling out the most comprehensive patches and hot-fixes in less than 24h.
- Prompt correction of customization issues.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay each month for our continuous L3 support services at a reduced hourly rate.
Application maintenance services
- Updating existing functional modules.
- Developing new application features.
- Suggesting new features based on user feedback.
- Feasibility studies and ROI calculation.
- Adding software integrations.
- Application re-architecting, modernization.
- Introducing advanced app innovations.
Pricing model: T&M with a cap – we charge for hours & efforts spent and send invoice reflecting them at the end of the month.
Application security management
- 24/7 security monitoring, regular audits, incident troubleshooting.
- Scheduled app vulnerability and misconfiguration diagnostics.
- Detailed vulnerability reports.
- Security and penetration testing.
- Stress testing (simulation of DoS/DDoS attacks)
- Security improvements according to SecOps.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay for our services each month at a reduced rate.
Application performance management
- 24/7 app performance monitoring to detect and resolve unfavorable trends.
- Regular app performance and usability testing (load, stability, scalability testing).
- Continuous performance and UX optimization
Pricing model: T&M with a cap – we charge for hours & efforts spent and send invoice reflecting them at the end of the month.
Application compliance management
- Regular review of compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, GLBA, and/or other regulations.
- Reporting on each compliance review.
- Proactive suggestions of updates in case of changes in the regulations.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay for our app maintenance services each month at a reduced rate.
Web application maintenance services cover a range of specific activities like maintaining cross-browser compatibility and responsive design. Make sure your team is aware of the specific considerations to ensure smooth web app performance across different web browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
Additional services for maintenance facilitation
CI/CD and DevOps implementation
- Applying the Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC) approach.
- Setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensuring test and update deployment automation.
Cloud resource management
- Examination of the cloud environment and identification of deficiencies.
- Resource consumption optimization to reduce cloud costs.
- On-demand cloud resource management.
How We Set Up Cooperation
1. Analysis of your request (< 2 days)
We examine your business needs, app requirements, architecture, tech stack, functionality, and backlog of defects & change requests to define the scope of app support and maintenance services.
2. Application maintenance and support services planning, SLA preparation (~5 days)
We discuss the details of the needed services and formalize them in a service level agreement (SLA). Depending on the scope of app support and maintenance services rendered, the SLA may outline:
- App support terms: support hours e.g., 8/5, 12/5, 24/5, 24/7, required levels of support (L0-L3), size of a support team, communication channels, software used, KPIs, etc.
- App maintenance terms: app evolution roadmap, existing feature backlog, app performance requirements and expectations, planned security activities, KPIs, schedule, etc.
3. Responsibility transfer (~4 days)
Based on the SLA and its objectives, we work together with you and your team (or, possibly, with your previous vendor) to prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) and instructions to stipulate all support and maintenance activities.
4. Support and maintenance launch (1 day) and continuous reporting
Our team gets down to providing the services outlined in the SLA. As part of our service, we provide clear and detailed reports, including:
5. Scaling the service up or down (2-4 days)
At your request, we quickly scale our support and maintenance teams to better fit your needs. No complex or lengthy processes required - we just sign a short addendum to the main SLA.
KPIs for Result-Oriented Cooperation
ScienceSoft builds all its support and maintenance services around the KPIs defined in the SLA. Upon defining custom sets of goals to track the quality of our maintenance and support services, we analyze information needs of each stakeholder and discuss the best means and frequency to communicate information. We track the KPIs’ fulfillment internally and send detailed reports at a schedule convenient for you.
What our KPI system typically includes
Note: We welcome KPI suggestions and tailor the metrics to each project individually.
Continuous Improvement of Service Delivery
To make sure that our clients derive maximum value from our services, we perform quarterly roadmap reviews (stated business needs vs. current business needs; value we bring vs. the highest possible value). We also regularly analyze our experts' performance as well as your direct feedback to further cater our services to your individual business needs.
Our team is on it!
ScienceSoft's experts will study your case and get back to you with the details within 24 hours.