Custom CMS Development Services
In CMS development since 2011, ScienceSoft competently delivers custom CMS solutions that combine responsive UI, rich functionality, strong data security, and high scalability.
Content management system (CMS) development is needed to create intuitive, customizable, scalable, and SEO-oriented solutions for handling your corporate content. CMS development by ScienceSoft helps companies ensure prompt and cost-effective web content management and encourage website lead generation.
Why Opt for CMS Development Right Now
With a robust CMS, you can get the following benefits:
annual CMS ROI due to an optimal feature value/cost ratio, cost-effective website development and optimized maintenance
website traffic due to faster web content publishing and updating as a result of automation
conversion rate due to integrations with SEO tools, user behavior analytics software, and more
growth in content managers' productivity due to simplified content management (no technical skills like visual design or coding are required) and real-time collaboration on web content
reduced number of content managers needed to handle a website due to efficient workflows, fast content creation and search, web content reuse, and more
Content creation and storage
- WYSIWYG editor and content templates.
- Content hierarchy taxonomy.
- Indexing and full-text search.
- Integrated file managers.
- AI-powered auto-tagging and metadata creation.
- Content archiving.
- Content governance.
- Reporting and analytics (e.g., content usage, user behavior).
- Integrated help desk.
- Alerts and notifications (e.g., about content publishing, modification).
Content publishing and promotion
- Built-in SEO tools and SEO-friendly URLs.
- Customizable content approval and publishing workflows, including non-linear, multistep processes.
- AI-driven content personalization (smart suggestions).
- Multisite and multilanguage support.
- Accessibility on mobile devices.
Security and compliance
- Access control and multi-factor user authentication.
- Role-based permissions.
- Versioning and audit trail.
- Content retention and deletion policies.
- Technical compliance (e.g., WCAG 2).
- Industry-specific compliance (e.g., GLBA, SOX, HIPAA).
Useful CMS Integrations We Implement
I usually recommend my clients to consider custom CMS development services if you need a flexible and convenient CMS tailored to your specific content management needs. Unlike out-of-the-box software, a custom CMS solution will contain only (and all) the features you need: e.g., built-in SEO tools, AI-based content personalization, multisite and multilanguage support, custom branding, integrations with legacy software, and more.
Examples of CMS Capabilities ScienceSoft Can Implement
- 33 years in IT consulting and software development services, over 3,300 success stories.
- 11 years in custom CMS development.
- Senior PHP and Python developers, including experts in Symfony and Django frameworks.
- Business analysts with 5–9 years of experience in CMS.
- Expertise in 30 industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, banking, and retail.
- Pimcore, Magento, Adobe, Akeneo partnerships.
- A quality-first approach based on a mature ISO 9001-compliant quality management system and deeply rooted in our team's mindset.
- ISO 27001-certified security management based on comprehensive security controls, advanced technologies and security-first culture ingrained at ScienceSoft.
CMS Development Process
To give you an idea of what you can expect from our CMS developers, we outline the scope of a typical CMS project. However, our development team is ready to adjust the workflow to each customer’s unique situation.
- Analyzing a company’s information architecture and content management workflows.
- Defining the content management needs.
- Outlining the solution’s scope.
- Specifying the future CMS users and their roles.
- Deciding on a content governance strategy.
- Defining the core CMS features.
- Creating a CMS requirements specification.
- Choosing a suitable platform/tech stack.
- Planning CMS integrations with enterprise systems.
- Creating a CMS development plan and a business case.
- Designing content management workflows.
- Creating personas and user journey maps.
- Building CMS prototypes.
- Conducting usability testing of the prototypes.
- Developing a CMS solution from scratch or on the basis of the chosen platform.
- Integrating the solution with necessary third-party or legacy systems.
Testing and QA stage
- Creating a CMS test plan, test scenarios and test cases.
- Conducting comprehensive CMS testing.
- Fixing the defects detected during the testing.
Data migration stage
- Creating a data migration plan.
- Defining the content eligible for migration.
- Checking the legacy content for errors and duplication, outdated or inconsistent data.
- Conducting content migration.
- Testing the transferred data and content.
User training and launching stage
- Creating documentation on the CMS use.
- Conducting training sessions for CMS users.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Collecting user feedback and implementing relevant improvements.
- Launching the CMS to the production environment.
After-launch support stage
- Resolving user issues.
- Adjusting the solution to the changing business needs.
- Monitoring and improving CMS regulatory compliance.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
What Our Customers Say
Morten Øien Eriksen
CEO at Enonic
ScienceSoft's team of five Java developers and one test engineer have been working hard to ensure our
Product and Partnerships Manager
Now that we’ve been working with ScienceSoft for 4 months, we can say that we are no doubt happy with our choice of development partners. The quality they deliver is consistently high. Given that the whole project team is international, we have no communication problems, and the reports are on time. What we appreciate is their ability to work independently, with no need for our careful guidance.
Group IT Manager
We partnered ScienceSoft for building a SharePoint document management system to streamline document storing, search, approval, and archiving. [...] To facilitate document search and search filtering, the team implemented document tagging. Also, the team created an approval workflow for policies and procedures.
Reliable and high-performing CMS architecture
We use multi-layered structure and microservices in developing CMS solutions. We also adhere to such architectural design principles as separation of concerns (SoC) and high concurrency.
Optimized CMS development costs
We apply proven third-party components and public APIs, which helps us reduce development costs. We also regularly monitor and optimize the use of cloud services.
Guaranteed CMS quality
We provide regular code reviews, integrated APM (application performance management), systematic QA with optimal test coverage, including unit testing, automated API and UI testing.
Fast CMS delivery
The first working version of a CMS solution is ready within 2-3 months due to agile development and established DevOps practices with CI/CD.
Technologies We Apply
Our .NET developers can build sustainable and high-performing apps up to 2x faster due to outstanding .NET proficiency and high productivity.
ScienceSoft's Java developers build secure, resilient and efficient cloud-native and cloud-only software of any complexity and successfully modernize legacy software solutions.
ScienceSoft's Python developers and data scientists excel at building general-purpose Python apps, big data and IoT platforms, AI and ML-based apps, and BI solutions.
ScienceSoft delivers cloud-native, real-time web and mobile apps, web servers, and custom APIs ~1.5–2x faster than other software developers.
ScienceSoft's PHP developers helped to build Viber. Their recent projects: an IoT fleet management solution used by 2,000+ corporate clients and an award-winning remote patient monitoring solution.
ScienceSoft's developers use Go to build robust cloud-native, microservices-based applications that leverage advanced techs — IoT, big data, AI, ML, blockchain.
ScienceSoft leverages code reusability Angular is notable for to create large-scale apps. We chose Angular for a banking app with 3M+ users.
ScienceSoft achieves 20–50% faster React development and 50–90% fewer front-end performance issues due to smart implementation of reusable components and strict adherence to coding best practices.
ScienceSoft’s achieves 20–50% cost reduction for iOS projects due to excellent self-management and Agile skills of the team. The quality is never compromised — our iOS apps are highly rated.
There are award-winning Android apps in ScienceSoft’s portfolio. Among the most prominent projects is the 5-year-long development of Viber, a messaging and VoIP app for 1.8B users.
ScienceSoft cuts the cost of mobile projects twice by building functional and user-friendly cross-platform apps with Xamarin.
ScienceSoft reduces up to 50% of project costs and time by creating cross-platform apps that run smoothly on web, Android and iOS.
Solid expertise in SharePoint services has earned ScienceSoft a place in Clutch’s list of Top SharePoint Developers in 2023.
Our Selected CMS Projects
CMS Application Development
A technological revamp of the CMS product written in Java to enable the Customer to boost its market visibility.
A brand-new CMS (Enonic eXperience Platform) that offers intuitive and fast creation and management of websites, intranets, ecommerce and mobile solutions for enterprises.
SharePoint CMS Implementation and Customization
Difficulties in managing the existing CMS, which required PHP developers’ permanent assistance to support it.
A new SharePoint-based CMS that streamlined management of the customer’s website. It offered website support of two languages (English and French), mobile responsiveness, and integration with Google Analytics.
The lack of a convenient and flexible editing tool for prompt creation of media rich content for the Customer's online store and hotel's website.
An intuitive editing tool that helped streamline the creation and management of website content.
Development of a Web Application for AR Content Management
The lack of web development skills needed to build a solution for creation and management of the content for the smart screens the Customer produced.
A web-based content management app that offers easy custom creation and management of AR content in a digital signage solution.
Magento Implementation and Integration with Akeneo and Pimcore
The Customer's ecommerce solution was limited to an online product catalog.
A fully-fledged ecommerce solution with an appealing web design, an intuitive page editor, and centralized storage of product information that allowed for easy creation of diverse non-catalog content, including blog posts, event announcements, support pages, and more.
Custom CMS development
To build a tailored CMS, we will:
- Create an optimal CMS feature set.
- Select a tech stack for CMS implementation.
- Design CMS architecture and UX/UI.
- Develop and test a CMS solution.
- Conduct user training.
- Perform CMS support and evolution (on demand).
Platform-based CMS development
To help you reduce CMS implementation costs, we will:
- Selecta fitting CMS platform.
- Configure, customize, and integrate your CMS solution with legacy or third-party systems.
- Provide QA and user training.
- Perform CMS support and evolution (on demand).
CMS module development
To address your specific content management need, we will:
- Create a requirements specification for a CMS module.
- Design Architecture, UX and UI of a CMS module.
- Develop a module and integrate it with your CMS solution.
- Provide CMS module QA.
Timeframes for Our CMS Development Services
- MVP development: 2-3 months.
- MVP with an innovative component: 4-6 months.
- Creation of a CMS module with basic features (e.g., content creating, storing, organizing, publishing): 1-2 months.
- Investment payback period: 0.4-1.2 years.
- Releases: every 2-6 weeks.
- Minor changes and hotfixes: several times a day.
CMS Implementation Costs
CMS development pricing ranges from $20,000 to $50,000 for a basic solution and from $150,000 to $400,000 for an advanced CMS that offers multilanguage support, AI-powered analytics and personalized suggestions, and more.
The costs depend on multiple factors such as the complexity of CMS features, the diversity of the content types, the overall volume of content, the number and complexity of content management workflows and integrations, and more. Please specify the relevant parameters below, and our rep will get back to you within 30 minutes to discuss your options.
Please specify the relevant parameters below, and our rep will get back to you within 30 minutes to discuss your options.
Our team is on it!
ScienceSoft's experts will study your case and get back to you with an answer within 24 hours.
All about Content Management
Custom CMS Development
Product Information Management
Enterprise Content Management