Protect Your Applications and Network
In cybersecurity since 2003, ScienceSoft offers businesses in 30+ industries a full range of information security services. We help minimize cyber risks and avoid devastating consequences of cyberattacks.
- 20 years in cybersecurity services.
- A solid portfolio of IT security projects for BFSI, healthcare, retail, telecoms, manufacturing, and other industries.
- Competent multiskilled team: SIEM/SOAR/XDR specialists, Certified Ethical Hackers, cloud security experts, senior developers, DevSecOps engineers, and compliance consultants.
Cybersecurity Services by ScienceSoft
We offer our customers a variety of cybersecurity services to:
- Security code review.
- Mobile device management and mobile application management.
- Cloud security.
- Web application security.
Former PMO and Program Manager
IBM Security | Product Experts Labs
Our team needed an equally strong Business Partner with a high level of expertise in the QRadar platform. ScienceSoft was carefully selected from a curated list of Security Services firms, their level of commitment and technical knowledge were key for the needs of the IBM team. The leadership provided by ScienceSoft was outstanding, meeting delivery dates on time and on budget including highly specialized projects for our most demanding customers.
Chief Product Officer
ScienceSoft’s team found 18 vulnerabilities, delivered a detailed report on all the detected issues, and provided recommendations on how to improve the security of the tested objects. They also provided comprehensive answers to all our questions during and after testing and assisted with remediation of the discovered vulnerabilities.
When we were looking for a reliable security testing partner for the first release of our cloud-based application, we chose ScienceSoft to provide us with quality testing services and security code review. Throughout security testing activities, ScienceSoft’s cybersecurity team proved to be result-oriented and attentive to detail. The team responded quickly and produced useful reports which were easy to understand and implement if required.
Joel B. Cohen
USPlate Glass Insurance Company
We hired ScienceSoft’s cybersecurity team to validate the security of our corporate networks and our cloud AWS services. They were very responsive and helpful in planning of penetration tests. We were very satisfied with the professional, timely, and friendly service and we greatly appreciate their help in securing our networks.
Daniel Diaz, BS
Documentation and Compliance Specialist
ScienceSoft provided us with the proper documentation agreed upon during the initial stages. They had quick turnaround times for PEN Testing, less than 2 weeks.
Director of Security Department
Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
We commissioned ScienceSoft to carry out QRadar implementation and support. ScienceSoft analyzed our technical requirements and created a design draft for a QRadar solution. During the following three months, they integrated QRadar with relevant IT infrastructure components, introduced standard and custom correlation rules and report templates, fine-tuned the SIEM solution to minimize the number of false-positive offenses.
ScienceSoft’s team performed black box penetration testing on our environment that includes web applications with public addresses. A comprehensive report was provided with the identified vulnerabilities that were classified according to their criticality, and recommended mitigation measures.
We partnered with ScienceSoft to carry out penetration testing of our Simpli5® web-based application. We were under some time pressure to get penetration testing performed as quickly as possible. When I reached out ScienceSoft, they were immediately responsive to my inquiry, they provided a very competitive quote quickly, and they were able to schedule the testing shortly after our acceptance of the quote.
Managed Security Services
Cooperation with a competent managed security services provider (MSSP) enables businesses to enjoy mature security infrastructure and processes without heavy upfront investments.
Advocating the Prevent–Detect–Respond model, ScienceSoft offers the following MSS components:
Security infrastructure design and management
We create your security infrastructure to ensure well-rounded and cost-efficient protection tailored to your IT landscape. We set up, configure, and upgrade firewalls, SIEM, IPS/IDS, web ﬁltering/SWG, DDoS protection solutions, email security systems, antiviruses, end-point protection solutions, and other security tools.
To keep your evolving IT environment reliably protected, we continuously scan your networks, servers, databases and applications for vulnerabilities. Also, we regularly review your security policies and evaluate your staff’s cyber resilience.
Managed detection and response
To prevent dire consequences of a security breach, we offer 365/year security monitoring and log analysis. If the worst comes to the worst, we ensure early threat detection and rapid incident response.
We help you maintain and prove compliance with the security standards and regulations that are mandatory for your company or can add to your business’ reputation. We check and improve your policies, procedures, software, and IT infrastructure to prevent any deviations from the relevant compliance requirements.
We help our customers to identify their security risks and define the measures to mitigate the risks by offering our competencies in the areas listed below.
Information security consulting
Our experts help design and implement comprehensive security programs or specific security policies and measures to ensure efficient use of protective technology, employees' cyber resilience, early threat detection, and prompt incident response and recovery.
Security testing of IT infrastructures and its components
We uncover security loopholes in the components of our customers’ IT environments. ScienceSoft’s security team carefully checks the protection level of your IT infrastructure and defines measures to reduce the number of security weaknesses inside your network and apps.
The complex of security testing services includes:
Our security team assesses your IT infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities in the following areas:
- Security policies and procedures.
- Security monitoring tools.
- Physical access control.
- Configuration management.
- Version control.
Our security engineers perform automated and manual scanning of your IT environment and its elements to ensure your compliance with PCI DSS, HIPAA, NYDFS, and other regulations and standards. On the basis of the testing results, the security team provides you with a detailed attestation letter.
ScienceSoft performs automated and manual security evaluation to detect vulnerabilities in their customers’ IT infrastructures. Our security testing team identifies, quantifies, and ranks network security weaknesses. Based on the assessment results, we give our customers recommendations to help them to eliminate security risks.
ScienceSoft’s ethical hackers exploit network vulnerabilities and software weaknesses to explore possible attack scenarios and potential damage. Equipped with efficient tools and industry-specific test scenarios, the team performs penetration testing according to one of the three approaches:
- Black box testing. We work in life-like conditions having strictly limited knowledge on the testing targets and no information on the security policies and tools in place.
- Gray box testing. We examine your apps or networks having some information about, such as user login details, architecture diagrams, etc.
- White box testing. We identify potential weak points by using admin rights and access to server configuration files, database encryption principles, source code or architecture documentation.
Poorly coded and insufficiently protected applications can put a company at risk and result in data breaches. ScienceSoft offers their skills and knowledge in assessing and testing the security of applications (web, mobile, desktop), as well as finding ways to help their customers to achieve the effective protection of the corporate data stored locally or remotely.
Security code review
Each programming language has its quirks that may cause security flaws during the development phase. ScienceSoft’s security experts detect existing loopholes before your applications ‘go live.’
Our security engineers conduct automated and manual security code review and engage senior developers and architects (if needed) to help you to:
- Detect mistakes introduced into an application during its development to improve software quality and increase its protection level.
- Highlight weak points in the source code of your app where vulnerabilities may potentially occur.
- Find the most cost-efficient ways to eliminate security weaknesses identified in applications.
Mobile device management and mobile application management
With the proliferation of mobile devices, mobile applications and programs used within corporate networks, enterprises face the need to manage and secure their usage. ScienceSoft offers their expertise in applying the appropriate device management policies and implementing control measures to the installation of new mobile apps.
Our security testing team has a wide experience in correctly installing and tuning mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) solutions like Microsoft Intune to ensure mobile security. We can fine-tune mobile security services you choose to apply and set the necessary policies properly for you to:
- Ensure the compliance of devices (both corporate and personal) and applications with your internal security policies and requirements.
- Control how your employees exploit and share corporate information via their mobile devices and the apps they use.
ScienceSoft helps their customers to secure their cloud solutions. Being a Gold Microsoft Business Partner, we have the necessary experience to tune special security components, such as Azure Security Center, allowing security management and threat protection across cloud workloads.
ScienceSoft’s security engineers can apply appropriate cloud security measures and configure cloud protection solutions to ensure:
- Constant and efficient monitoring of the security of your cloud applications.
- Analysis of the event logs from your cloud solutions and prompt detection of suspicious activities.
- Remediation of security weaknesses potentially existing in your cloud environment.
- Application of the necessary security policies to make your cloud solutions meet the appropriate security standards.
Web application security
ScienceSoft’s security experts ensure proper protection of a website, a web app, or web services.
- Our security testing team carries out vulnerability assessment to check whether the proper encryption, authentication and other security measures are applied in a web app, a web service or a website.
- Upon the evaluation results, our security engineers provide customers with valuable recommendations on how to improve the protection level of their web solutions.
- We offer penetration testing services (as a one-time or a regular service) to provide customers with the detailed information on real security threats they may face and identify the most critical security weaknesses to let our customers prioritize remediation measures and apply necessary security patches.
By increasing corporate network security specifically, you may decrease the risk of becoming the victim of privacy spoofing, identity or company’s proprietary information theft, Man-in-the-Middle and DDoS attacks.
We apply multiple defense layers to protect your corporate network and the sensitive data stored within it. ScienceSoft’s security engineers know various ways to keep your proprietary information safe and reduce the probability that you will have to experience successful attack attempts against your network.
ScienceSoft’s security engineers offer their knowledge of IBM Security QRadar to provide you with a 360-degree view of your IT environment and obtain accurate analytical data on security events in real time with a QRadar-based SIEM solution.
We deliver a full range of QRadar-related services.
- QRadar consulting services. We help you to develop a relevant strategy to integrate QRadar smoothly into your corporate IT landscape.
- QRadar deployment architecture design. We draw up your QRadar’s technical design in accordance with collaboratively pre-set system requirements and make QRadar an integral part of your security network.
- QRadar deployment. We deploy QRadar to enable proper functioning of its modules and the platform’s high performance and scalability.
- QRadar fine-tuning. We connect log sources to QRadar, normalize data flowing to it, configure its modules to process events from multiple network objects, develop custom correlation rules to let QRadar reveal complex attacks and detect security offenses properly.
- Migration to QRadar. We shift your SIEM solution that fails to meet the security requirements to QRadar so that the platform helps you to identify occurring threats and respond to them properly.
For an advanced health check of a QRadar solution, our SIEM consultants developed a standalone tool QLEAN for IBM Security QRadar SIEM.
What QLEAN does:
- Provides automated monitoring of QRadar performance.
- Checks up a variety of essential QRadar performance parameters, such as EPS and FPI statistics, incoming log data quality, events and flows timelines.
- Assesses the received data with over 50 operational metrics and 25 health markers and reports it to QRadar administrators to let them investigate the platform’s performance issues one by one.
- Pinpoints possible deviations in QRadar performance that can impede security specialists to see the true security state.
- Recommends further improvements in QRadar configuration to eliminate the revealed downfalls.
In case a company decides on applying a special online solution, such as CloudFlare, to protect their network against DDoS attacks, ScienceSoft has the security experts with the skills in implementing and configuring such solutions properly. Our security engineers set them up to:
- Prevent disruptions inside your network occurring due to anomalous amounts of malicious traffic.
- Keep the components of your IT environment in a high availability state.
- Analyze cyberattacks quickly in case they occur and let you adjust the security policies applied inside the corporate network to avoid such cyberattacks in the future.
We can help our customers to keep their corporate information safe in email communication and secure from unauthorized access, loss, etc. ScienceSoft’s security experts will protect your network from phishing, spamming, malware, and other attacks against email services. Having worked with the solutions offered by major vendors, such as FortiGate and Cisco, we’ve gained the required experience to:
- Integrate an email security solution you choose into your company’s infrastructure to ensure its smooth operation.
- Perform the tuning of the chosen email security service to prevent your sensitive corporate data from being lost or (un)intentionally shared via email by your employees.
- Configure your email security solution properly to reduce the probability your company will face email security threats.
Firewalls, IDS / IPS, DLP implementation and setting
ScienceSoft’s security team implements and sets the security rules of special solutions to control incoming network traffic, scan it to detect and block potential attacks. We offer you the following cybersecurity measures to apply:
- Hardware or software firewall protection to avoid identity theft, malware, online fraud, and other common cyberthreats that may come from the internet.
- An intrusion detection system (IDS) to promptly warn your system administrators on suspicious activities inside your network, and an intrusion prevention system (IPS) to block the attacks before they turn into serious security issues.
- A data loss prevention (DLP) system to prevent critical corporate information from coming outside your network due to the users’ reckless behavior.
ScienceSoft’s security engineers configure antivirus protection to:
- Improve the security of the network from viruses, spyware, and other types of malicious software coming from the internet or external drives.
- Increase the protection of your network against phishing and spoofing internet attacks that aim at stealing your sensitive data.
- Provide your system administrators with advanced control over any web activities happening across your network to prevent various types of cyberthreats from affecting the security of your corporate data.
- Remove potentially harmful software and threats, thus blocking their way further inside your network.