Hire Android Developers
Talents with 6+ Years of Experience in Android
ScienceSoft offers top Android developers who quickly adjust to your project requirements and deliver code that smoothly runs on all Android devices. We guarantee high efficiency and transparency of cooperation and provide both dedicated team and augmented team cooperation options.
Why Partner Up with ScienceSoft
- 18 years in mobile app development.
- 14 years in Android development.
- Full-scale PMO to handle large and complex Android projects.
- Integrated Manual and Automated Testing approach for high test coverage at reduced costs.
- Certified Scrum masters in-house.
- Quick project launch and ramp-up time (1 day – 2 weeks).
- HQ – McKinney, Texas. Offshore development centers in Europe. Representative offices in the UAE, EU, and Georgia (US state).
- Excellence in Kotlin development proven by ScienceSoft’s presence on the Top 10% European Kotlin Developers list by Aciety.
ScienceSoft developers proved to be Android experts. They were in daily contact with our developers and this method of communication was a huge factor in how successful this engagement was. The estimate and timeline that they committed themselves to at the outset proved to be very accurate. Overall, the engagement with ScienceSoft was probably the best offshore experience that I have had.
Justin Turner, CTO, Chiron Health
ScienceSoft’s Android Development Highlights
Delivered an Android version of Viber, a VoIP messenger with 1.17 billion registered users
Implemented Android IPTV app that powers Fox Entertainment, Orange, and BBC
Developed Android banking solutions that were awarded Gold at banking app contests and praised by Deloitte
Learn more about our approach to the development process – agile development steps, DevOps practices, modular architecture design, and more.
ScienceSoft’s Six-step Hiring Process
Thanks to its comprehensive 6-step hiring procedure, ScienceSoft welcomes only the most fitting and extremely productive engineers on board.
1. Careful CV scanning.
2. HR specialist's interview.
3. Test task 1 (soft skills).
4. PM's/Team Lead's interview.
5. Test task 2 (hard skills).
6. CTO's interview.
The competition for ScienceSoft Android developer roles is always high (50+ applicants per position) and we always take our time to hire only the most fitting candidates. This way, we guarantee that our developers will deliver the highest level of services.
How ScienceSoft Ensures Successful Cooperation
Quick access to resources
After scoping the project, we quickly select the best-fitting developers skilled in your chosen Android frameworks and industry domain. Later on, we are ready to scale the team up and down on demand within just 2-3 days.
Our Android developers regularly report on the results of their work using your chosen KPIs to help you track the project’s progress.
We adapt to your established collaboration format and communication channels to avoid project disruptions and quickly establish efficient teamwork between the outsourced and the in-house employees.
Employee motivation and growth
We encourage our Android developers to participate in training, workshops, and certification programs to promote their continuous self-development and upskilling.
How ScienceSoft’s Android Developers Ensure Code Quality
Code best practices, standards, and guidelines
- Adherence to official Kotlin and Java coding styles and Material Design guidelines.
- Keeping code minimal, readable, maintainable, scalable, and efficient.
- Code divided into short and focused units.
- In-code comments and descriptive names for all variables.
- Documented dependencies and general code functionality explanations.
- Use of APIs, third-party libraries, version control tools.
- Ensured code portability.
- Unit tests are created as part of functional software specifications.
- Tests verify code behavior in response to the input of standard, boundary, and incorrect values.
- Unit tests are rerun after each significant code change to guarantee proper Android app performance.
Code review practices
- Ad hoc review.
- Peer review.
- Code walkthrough.
- Code inspection.
Code quality metrics
- Maintainability index (MI).
- Cyclomatic Complexity (CC).
Types of Apps Our Android Developers Build
Mid-sized, large-scale, and complex apps
B2B, B2C, B2E apps
Enterprise apps and product apps
Native and cross-platform apps
Apps for all versions of Android OS
Apps for Android TV and Wear OS
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
Delivery of Viber VoIP messenger to Android by a Dedicated Team
- Development and evolution of a VoIP messenger with 1.17 billion users.
- 30+ developers, 5+ years of cooperation.
- Scrum with 1-3 weeks sprints.
Technologies: Android SDK, Android Studio, SQLite, Volley, Gradle, Jenkins.
Development of Android Video Streaming Apps
- IPTV and SVOD apps that power BBC, Discovery, and Fox Entertainment.
- 9 developers, 5.5 years of cooperation.
Technologies: Java, Android SDK, Android Fundamentals, Eclipse.
Team Augmentation for Marketplace Development
- Android client app of an online multi-vendor marketplace.
- Iterative UI and UX design.
- Ongoing cooperation since 2020.
Technologies: Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio.
Development of a Highly Secure Mobile Banking App for Android
- App awarded Gold at a Mobile Banking contest.
- AI-powered chatbot and AR geolocation.
- 7 developers, 5+ years of cooperation.
Technologies: Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse, SQLite, Volley, Gradle.
Development of an Android TV app
- Multi-screen app powering a streaming service provider of MTV, T-Mobile, and Orange
- Target devices include Android TV, Nexus Player, and NVidia Shield.
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Crashlytics, Glide, Dagger.
Development of a HIPAA-compliant Telehealth App for Android
- Appointment scheduling and video conference functionality for remote patient care.
- Integration with EHR, RIS, and LIS.
Technologies: Android SDK, Canvas, Fragments API, JSON, Volley, Git.
Continuous Evolution of an Android IoT App
- Android app for remote smart home control.
- Integration with cameras and temperature sensors.
- 2+ years of cooperation.
Technologies: Android SDK, Java, Kotlin, BLE, Geofencing, Google Directions API, Location API.
Xamarin-based Android App for a Luxury Vehicle Manufacturer
- Cross-platform customer service solution that accelerated signup process by 10 times.
- Image recognition functionality for barcode reading.
Technologies: Android SDK, Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android, OpenCV
How to Hire Android Developers from ScienceSoft
You send us a request, specifying the number of Android experts you need, their desired level of experience, as well as the model of cooperation you're interested in.
ScienceSoft performs preliminary scanning of our experts' CVs in the database and sends you the most relevant ones.
You choose the CVs you're most interested in and let us know the time you're available for interviewing candidates.
We help arrange the interviews with our Android developers within 1-2 days.
After you confirm the experts' competence, ScienceSoft works with you to compose a service level agreement (SLA).
Once you sign, the experts (lead by ScienceSoft’s or your PM – you decide) immediately start working on your project.
How to Hire an Android Developer: In-house or Outsourcing
- Despite lots of tips on how to find Android developers who will fit right into your current workflows, there are no shortcuts to speed up the search. It will probably take you 2-6 months to find one suitable in-house Android expert, while outsourcing can help you do this in just a few days.
- When you hire Android app developers in-house, you form long-term legal obligations with your new hires. But when you outsource to a vendor, you can put the cooperation on hold or cancel it anytime.
- Differences in geolocation of outsourced developers usually create differences in their hourly rates. This can help you cut the costs of your Android development project.
Choose Your Cooperation Model
Android team augmentation
ScienceSoft’s Android developers can:
- Fully cover the development of your Android application, managed by your PM/Team Lead.
- Contribute to the development of a certain app module(s), including those based on advanced techs.
- Quickly make an integral part of your development team to cover skill or staff gaps.
Dedicated Android team
ScienceSoft’s Android developers can:
- Provide end-to-end implementation of your Android app while being managed by ScienceSoft’s PM/Team Lead.
- Take over the development of a certain app module(s), including those based on advanced techs.
- Remain self-managed and highly-productive against the project’s KPI metrics.
Assemble Your Team for an Accurate Project Cost Estimation
If you already know exactly who you need, just select the required talents below, and we’ll be quick to provide their rates. If not, please briefly describe your challenge, and we’ll get back to you with the right experts and their rates.