IT Services and Software for Transportation and Logistics Companies
Digital Transformation in Transportation and Logistics Operations
Since 2015, ScienceSoft provides tailored IT solutions and dedicated services for the transportation and logistics (T&L) industry, which propel digital transformation across business management and all major T&L activities.
IT services for transportation and logistics (T&L) focus on consulting, implementation, support and evolution of T&L solutions and aim to help T&L companies streamline and reduce costs of logistics operations, enhance asset efficiency, and improve customer experience.
The dedicated IT services also cover consulting on the use of advanced techs (cloud, IoT, AI and ML, blockchain, AR, etc.) for T&L operations, IT infrastructure support, quality assurance, help desk, and cybersecurity services for T&L companies, and more.
Companies ScienceSoft Serves
Logistics service providers (LSPs)
Freight forwarders, third-party and fourth-party logistics service providers.
Courier express parcel (CEP) companies
CEP services providers operating in B2B and B2C segments.
Providers of digital platforms that enable direct interaction between multiple T&L providers and buyers of T&L services.
IT product companies
Companies looking to develop software products for the T&L industry.
Enterprises involved in T&L activities
Non-T&L companies that need to manage large T&L teams and in-house fleet.
IT Solutions for T&L by ScienceSoft
- Automated bookkeeping.
- Consolidation and analysis of financial big data to reveal key T&L cost and revenue drivers.
- AI-powered analysis and trend-based forecasting of operational and strategic T&L expenses; suggestions on spend optimization.
- Calculation of operational and strategic T&L savings.
- Revenue calculation (by period, customer, region, etc.), analysis and forecasting.
- Calculation of transportation cost based on the delivery mode, shipment distance, fuel cost, cargo weight and size, number of stops, etc.
- Automated allocation of transportation costs to individual orders.
- Planning operational expenses based on the analysis of historical spend data, data on customer demand, current fuel and services prices.
- Real-time tracking of operational spend by category (fuel, fleet maintenance, driver payroll, etc.).
- Labor planning (by period, type of activity, region, etc.) based on the analysis of historical data on resource requirements for customer order fulfillment.
- Automated task assignment (for drivers, warehouse staff, etc.) based on the employee availability and operational schedules.
- Real-time labor performance monitoring against pre-defined KPIs.
- Centralized storage of customer-related data (general customer information, interaction history and ongoing activities, etc.).
- Creation, editing, approval, and centralized storage of customer documents (contracts, invoices, etc.).
- Customer claim management.
- Customer portal with self-service capabilities.
- Automated aggregation of customer orders from a customer portal, third-party ecommerce platforms, etc.
- Prioritization of customer orders based on customer value, order date, item category, and more.
- Analytics-based assignment of preferred carriers to customer orders.
- Real-time tracking of customer order fulfillment progress.
- Automated calculation of due amounts and submission of customer invoices.
Vendor relationship management (for LSPs)
- Managing RFxs, e-auctions, e-tenders.
- AI-enabled cost-benefit analysis and carrier bid/rate compliance scoring.
- Creation, editing, approval, and centralized storage of carrier contracts and transport orders.
- Automated validation of carrier invoices and submitting them for payment.
- Real-time monitoring of carrier performance against pre-defined KPIs.
- Vendor portal for carrier self-registration and facilitated communication with carriers.
T&L operations and asset management
- Automated aggregation, processing, and AI-powered analysis of operational big data (transactional data, transportation process data, fleet data, labor performance data, etc.).
- Scheduled and ad hoc analytical reports.
- Trend-based forecasting of customer demand, fleet utilization, labor utilization, etc.
- What-if scenario modeling and operational risk management.
- AI-powered recommendations on optimal storage conditions for different goods, item putaway and picking routes, type and amount of order packing.
- AR-enabled order picking (pick-by-vision).
- Barcode/RFID-enabled monitoring of warehouse inventory levels.
- AI-powered planning of warehouse labor resources and equipment, operations in yard, loading docks, etc.
- Transportation demand planning.
- AI suggestions on optimal transport modes and vehicles, shipping routes, item consolidation, transportation rates. and more.
- Real-time tracking of transportation progress.
- RFID-enabled monitoring of goods transportation conditions (e.g., temperature, humidity, vibration, etc.).
- ML-powered forecasting of shipping time and estimated time of arrival.
- Creation, editing, approval, and centralized storage of transportation documents (bills of lading, commercial invoices, etc.).
- Automated reverse logistics.
- Template-based creation of fleet schedules and task lists for drivers.
- Real-time tracking of vehicle location, fuel consumption, driver's behavior, tachograph data compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., DOT requirements for the US), and more.
- A mobile application for last mile carriers to enable easy updates on order shipment status.
- Predictive fleet maintenance suggestions powered by IoT and AI technologies.
- Fleet maintenance monitoring in real time and reporting upon completion.
Why Choose ScienceSoft as a Technology Partner in T&L
- Since 1989 in software development.
- Since 2015 in designing and building transportation software, including fleet management solutions.
- 34 years of experience in data science, 12 years in IoT, 10 years in big data, 17 years in AR to introduce T&L solutions powered up by advanced technologies.
- Since 2003 in cybersecurity to ensure world-class protection of T&L solutions.
- Since 2010 in IT infrastructure services to cover administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization of IT infrastructures for T&L companies.
- Quality-first approach and a mature security management system backed up by ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
Benefits of Building IT Solutions for Transportation and Logistics with ScienceSoft
Optimized software implementation cost
- We define an accurate scope of T&L solution functionality based on our customers’ needs not to implement unnecessary features.
- We rely on iterative development to introduce essential T&L software features first and enable faster payback from software implementation.
- We use proven frameworks and ready-made components where possible to streamline development and ensure high T&L software quality.
- We opt for cost-efficient cross-platform techs (React Native, Flutter, Xamarin, etc.) to develop mobile T&L apps.
Bringing business value with advanced technologies
We choose the best-fitting advanced technologies (AI, ML, big data, IoT, blockchain, AR) for each IT solution to deliver additional value across transportation and logistics workflows for our customers.
Optimal cooperation model
We offer full IT outsourcing, dedicated teams, and team augmentation to provide companies with the precise level of cooperation they need.
We define tailored sets of metrics to track the quality of services we deliver and ensure service transparency by submitting regular reports on service quality KPIs, use of resources, potential risks, and more.
Flexible pricing options
Depending on the required kind of service, we offer:
- Time & Material, Time & Material with a cap pricing model – for advisory activities, agile implementation of a T&L solution with frequently changing requirements.
- Fixed price model – for a feasibility study and PoC development, T&L solution implementation divided by stages to fix the price for each stage.
- A monthly subscription fee – for IT support activities for T&L companies.
Security and compliance
We implement intelligent fraud detection algorithms, authorization controls for APIs, data validity confirmation mechanisms, and other robust security mechanisms to ensure protection of data stored in a T&L solution. Our logistics software development company also helps achieve and maintain compliance with SOX, SOC 1 and SOC 2, WTO regulations, ISO standards, DOT requirements, and other necessary global and regional regulations.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
Development of a Mobile Fleet Management Solution
- Architecture design, UX and UI design for the mobile fleet management solution.
- Implementation of GPS tracking algorithms, a driver’s self-invoicing mechanism, automated report generation capabilities, and more.
- Integrating the mobile solution with a back-end server and the Customer’s ERP.
Customer’s benefit: a significant sales growth due to the solution that helps increase fleet efficiency and decrease operational costs.
Development of a Truck Temperature Monitoring Solution
- Designing and developing a solution that provides real-time cargo temperature and humidity monitoring, delivery violations alerts, advanced reporting capabilities, and more.
- Integrating the solution with the Customer’s vehicle management system.
- Implementing a web app for logistics managers.
Customer’s benefit: minimized risk of cargo delivery disruption, increase in sales, facilitated claim resolution.
Customer Portal Implementation for Saudia Cargo
- Developing a custom Power Apps portal for facilitated client communication and document flow.
- Implementing process automation across RFQ creation and processing, contract and invoice generation.
- Integrating the portal with the Dynamics 365 Sales module.
- Applying role-based access control and two-factor authentication to protect customer and business data.
Customer’s benefit: improved customer service, streamlined sales process.
Airlines Contract and Tender Management Software Development
- Creating and managing fuel purchase tenders.
- Automated upload of fuel market prices, rates for en-route charges and exchange rates from relevant third-party sources.
- Centralized storage for supplier contracts.
Customer’s benefit: streamlined contract and tender management.
Development of Fleet Maintenance Software
- A Xamarin-based mobile app for truck drivers and equipment operators to track vehicle availability in real time.
- A web app for fleet managers to track current locations of drivers, receive alerts on required and completed maintenance, generate maintenance reports.
- Solution compliance with region-specific labor protection, safety, and accident prevention regulations.
Customer’s benefit: prompt launch of the solution that helps reduce fleet and equipment downtime and minimize human error risks.
SharePoint Intranet Development for an International Parcel Delivery Company
- Architecture design, UX and UI design, and development of a SharePoint Online intranet solution.
- Implementing various intranet components: News, Applications, Department sites, Vacancies, Employees, etc.
Customer’s benefit: increased employee productivity, improved cross-department collaboration, easy accessibility of employee data.
Development of Software for Railway Incident Management
- Developing a railway emergency solution that estimates the probability of emergency and assists in emergency risks mitigation.
- Integrating the solution with Unified Informing System and a location system based on Google Maps API.
- Adding a range of specific layers to the solution’s map, including ones with up to 400 railway stations, emergency and volunteer centers.
Customer’s benefit: getting a reliable emergency system on time and within the planned budget.
Our Customers Say
Deyarat Trading Co.
Relying on ScienceSoft’s experience in software development and practical knowledge of the transportation and logistics sector, we commissioned them the end-to-end design and development of our shipping services marketplace. We appreciated their client-oriented approach, consistent collaboration across all the project stages, and flexibility to adjust to changes. We believe ScienceSoft has contributed a lot to speed up our marketplace’s release and would certainly recommend them as a reliable tech partner.
Commercial Applications Sr. Analyst
SAL Saudi Logistics Services
We commissioned ScienceSoft to build a Dynamics 365 customer portal to help our sales team streamline communication with B2B customers. The team implemented a robust customer portal integrated with the Dynamics 365 Sales module. The B2B customer portal meets our business needs of enhanced pricing invoicing and contracting and overall client communication. The project continues on the support level, and we are glad to continue our cooperation with ScienceSoft.
Working with ScienceSoft has been an enriching experience for our organization. From the outset, their expertise was evident. Entrusting them with the construction of our SharePoint Online site was one of the best decisions we've made. We wholeheartedly recommend ScienceSoft to any business looking to optimize their digital infrastructure. Their professionalism and proficiency truly set them apart.
Group IT Manager
Ayedh Dejem Group
We partnered up with ScienceSoft for building a SharePoint document management system to streamline document storing, search, approval, and archiving. One of our core requirements was DMS user-friendliness. To meet this requirement, ScienceSoft’s team implemented custom look and feel features. The DMS developed by ScienceSoft helped us ensure document integrity and security and accelerate document-related business processes.
Choose Your Service Option
Advanced technology consulting
ScienceSoft’s consultants advise on the use of cloud, big data, AI and ML, IoT, blockchain, AR and VR technologies for:
- Route modeling and optimization.
- Transportation monitoring and risk management.
- Demand forecasting and spend planning.
- Predictive fleet maintenance.
- Advanced operational analytics.
- End-to-end traceability of multi-party transactions, and more.
T&L product consulting
ScienceSoft assists in idea productization, brand design, UX and UI design to help you promptly plan and launch a winning T&L solution. You get:
- A clear T&L product concept.
- A unique selling proposition to differentiate your product from competitors’ offerings.
- User journey maps and a usability testing report.
- A comprehensive UI kit.
- An interactive prototype of your T&L solution.
- An optimal toolkit to build your T&L product.
T&L solution implementation
- Designing optimal T&L solution features, architecture, UX and UI, and tech stack.
- Estimating the project's cost & timelines, ROI calculation.
- T&L software development and testing.
- Integrating the T&L solution with the required systems and hardware.
- Delivering all necessary software documentation.
- User training.
- Continuous support and evolution of the T&L solution (if required).
Outsourcing of specific IT functions
ScienceSoft offers to handle separate IT functions to optimize the quality and costs of transportation and logistics operations and provides:
ScienceSoft helps quickly cover resource gaps in your transportation and logistics IT initiative with the following experts:
- Developers (Java, .NET, Python, PHP, C++, and more).
- Testers (manual and automated testing).
- DevOps engineers.
- Data analysts.
- Cybersecurity experts.
Benefit from Digitizing Your Transportation and Logistics Operations
Based on ScienceSoft’s experience in transportation and logistics, companies operating in this sector may reap the following benefits with digital transformation:
Up to 70%
reduction in time for transportation planning and control due to automation
improvement in the on-time delivery rates due to accurate order fulfillment planning and execution
efficiency and extended lifespan of fleet and warehouse equipment due to enabled predictive maintenance
operational costs, including labor costs, fuel expenses, fleet maintenance costs, due to the analytics-driven optimization of T&L operations