Supply Chain Software Development Services
Supply chain software development services are a way for any company to get a robust supply chain solution bound to its unique needs while ensuring optimized project costs and minimized implementation risks.
Since 2012, ScienceSoft helps companies from 30+ industries design and implement reliable supply chain management software.
Increased precision of demand forecasting and eliminated stockouts and overstocking
Full visibility into an extended supply chain and high efficiency of risk management activities
Enhanced accuracy of inventory planning and lower inventory carrying costs
Optimized resource utilization (labor, transportation, etc.)
Streamlined fulfillment of sales orders
Improved collaboration with suppliers
Supply Chain Solutions and SCM Software Features ScienceSoft Delivers
We offer full-cycle development services to plan and implement one or several integrated supply chain software solutions that introduce powerful functionality for the necessary SCM areas:
- Demand forecasting.
- AI-supported recommendations on supply chain optimization (e.g., how much and when to order).
- Supply chain digital twin – a real-time supply chain model to test different supply chain action plans (e.g., safety stock planning, transportation optimization) and evaluate their impact before choosing the best one.
Value: improved and more cost-efficient fulfillment of customer demand, increased resource utilization, synchronization between different supply chain components.
- Supply chain control tower, offering real-time, AI-supported visibility into all supply chain operations, including operations of suppliers and external carriers.
- Configurable dashboards for a unified view of supply chain processes and related KPIs (fill rate, order cycle time, etc.).
- Collaborative issue resolution with suppliers via a shared space for issue discussions, issues status tracking and notifications, etc.
Value: end-to-end supply chain visibility, proactive risk management, improved collaboration with suppliers.
- Inventory levels and location tracking (with a barcode, RFID, or computer vision technology).
- Optimal safety stock calculation.
- Automated replenishment triggers.
- Lot and serial number tracking.
- Expiration dates and shelf life monitoring.
Value: decreased inventory carrying costs, increased order fulfillment speed and accuracy, optimized labor costs, minimized inventory loss and shortages.
- Freight tracking.
- Planning and optimization of route schedules.
- Vehicle accident case management (accident notifications and reports, repair request issuing and routing, etc.).
- IoT connectivity to monitor product condition during transportation.
Value: improved vehicle utilization, decreased logistics operating costs, on-time delivery.
- Quick template-based creation of purchase requisitions, RFxs, and purchase orders.
- Automated approval workflow for purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Analytics-based recommendations on supplier assignment to purchase orders.
- Creation and management of preferred supplier lists.
- Automated three-way matching (purchase orders, order receipts, and supplier invoices are cross-compared to reveal inconsistencies if any).
- Purchase order execution tracking (for several tiers if required).
- Collaboration tools to discuss orders with suppliers.
Value: standardized and streamlined purchasing, improved spend visibility.
- Analytics-based supplier pre-qualification (financial viability, technical capabilities, ethical business processes, etc.).
- Quick template-based creation of sourcing events (e-tenders, e-auctions).
- Collaboration with internal teams on supplier selection and nomination.
- Supplier performance analytics and ongoing compliance checks.
- Supplier portal for improved capacity planning (via collaboration with suppliers), etc.
- Automatic alerts for suppliers to update expiring data (accreditations, certifications).
Value: reduced supply chain compliance and regulatory risks, improved supplier engagement, optimized sourcing strategy.
- Centralized processing of multichannel, multi-format sales orders.
- Analytics-based order routing to an optimal fulfillment location.
- Support of multiple order fulfillment methods and types (BOPIS, ship-from-store, same-day delivery, etc.).
- AI-guided order picking and packing.
- Automated return management.
Value: increased order fill rate, reduced order fulfillment costs, reduced shipping and expediting costs, increased customer satisfaction rate.
- Calculating and monitoring all necessary supply chain KPIs: supply chain performance, orders, inventory, employee productivity, supplier risks, spend, and more.
- ML-based supply chain diagnostic analytics.
- Trend-based forecasting of supply chain metrics, transactions, and events.
- AI-powered prescriptions on optimal supply chain management decisions.
- Scheduled and ad hoc supply chain reports.
Value: accurate supply chain planning, minimized supply chain risks, optimized costs.
SCM software integrations we recommend
To introduce a cohesive supply chain automation environment, our supply chain development company helps integrate SCM software with the following systems:
With third-party software, e.g., supplier or distributor systems – for seamless collaborative supply chain management.
With hardware (barcode scanners, RFID readers, computer vision systems) – to automate employee workflows across inventory identification, counting, and tracking.
With a business intelligence (BI) solution – to leverage supply chain data for enterprise-level analytics.
Our SCM Software Development Service Scope
Supply chain management software consulting
We create an optimal technical design for your SCM solution, provide expert advice on the project cost optimization, and introduce a detailed implementation plan for minimized risks.
End-to-end supply chain management software development
We design and build your SCM solution, integrate it with the required systems, and run all necessary QA procedures. We can also provide user training and after-launch software support.
Why Trust SCM Software Development to ScienceSoft
- Since 1989 in IT and 750+ professionals on board.
- Since 2012 in supply chain software development.
- Practical knowledge of 30+ industries, including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, construction, energy.
- Proficiency in advanced techs, including AI, big data, IoT, AR and VR, blockchain.
- In-house project management office to run large-scale supply chain digital transformation projects.
- Quality-first approach based on a mature ISO 9001-certified quality management system.
- Robust security management supported by ISO 27001 certification.
What Our Customers Say
Deyarat Trading Co.
We commissioned ScienceSoft the end-to-end design and development of our shipping services marketplace. ScienceSoft’s team managed to fully cover our needs and tech requirements to the platform and deliver the solution on time and within budget. We appreciated their client-oriented approach, consistent collaboration across all the project stages, and flexibility to adjust to changes. ScienceSoft’s expert advice helped us reveal cost optimization opportunities and define the functionality to increase the solution’s value for all target user groups.
Catherine Roller Tyrrell
The Beauty Interactive
We turned to ScienceSoft with the idea of creating an all-in-one web platform for all the key beauty industry stakeholders. ScienceSoft's team was proactive, professional, and highly responsive to our needs. They helped us create a clear product vision and prioritize key features. They also created clickable prototypes. Thanks to ScienceSoft, we now have everything we need to raise funding for the project and start MVP implementation.
Digital Transformation Manager
ScienceSoft positively surprised us with cooperation approach already from the beginning. Firstly, initial agreement stage was easy, understandable and we are able start working on our requirements as fast as possible. Secondly, we are able to create more thoughtful solution because of available expertise of allocated resources. Finally, that especially positively resonates with us is that, if there are any cooperation issues, we are able to be fully open from both sides and solve them effectively.
How to Develop Supply Chain Software
Below, ScienceSoft describes key steps that our teams perform to introduce reliable, future-ready supply chain software:
Business analysis and requirements engineering
- Analyze your supply chain strategy and operations, define how well they align with your overall business strategy.
- Evaluate how your supply chain operations are currently supported with the technology. Identify the areas of improvement and map them to possible technology solutions.
- Define software requirements in collaboration with your subject-matter experts (planners, procurement specialists, inventory managers, etc.).
- Introduce a high-level solution vision and scope reflecting our assumptions on how the SCM software should work. Provide discovery estimates.
SCM software design
- For custom software: Create an optimal feature set for your SCM solution. Design software architecture in accordance with the performance, scalability, security, and compliance requirements. Choose a technology stack. Prepare UX and UI mockups. Introduce a plan of integrations with the required systems.
- For platform-based software: Select the best-fitting products and prepare configuration and integration specifications.
We suggest creating a proof of concept if you want to build an innovative Supply Chain 4.0 solution like a SCM blockchain or a computer vision system for inventory counting. It helps easily test the software usability, assess its viability for business needs, and avoid costly redevelopment at later project stages.
- Define project objectives, deliverables, and tailored sets of KPIs to evaluate success.
- Determine the project scope, duration, schedule, and budget.
- Decide on the roles in the project team and design efficient collaboration workflows.
- Identify possible SCM software implementation and adoption risks, create a risk mitigation strategy and plan.
Development and QA
- Establish IT automation (CI/CD pipelines, cloud automation, etc.) to streamline development, testing, integration, and releases.
- Develop a custom supply chain management solution OR select and set up off-the-shelf software.
- Run system testing (covers functional, performance, usability, security testing) in parallel with coding.
- Migrate necessary data from the currently used SCM systems.
Integration and deployment
- Integrate your SCM solution with the required software and hardware systems.
- Configure the software infrastructure, implement robust security mechanisms.
- Deploy the solution to the production environment.
- Provide all necessary software documentation (documented source code, a maintenance guide, tutorials for end users, etc.).
- Conduct user training in a preferred format.
An enterprise-wide SCM system should be first deployed to one of the target employee groups or facilities for a pilot run. This way you’ll be able to handle possible issues and change requests before rolling out the solution at the enterprise level.
Support and evolution (optional)
- Monitor SCM software performance and handle operational issues.
- Provide L1–L3 user support.
- Scale the software to process a growing volume of supply chain data.
- Perform regular security and compliance audits and deliver comprehensive reports.
- Upgrade the software with new functionality to support your evolving needs.
Our supply chain software development company relies on the following proven techs and tools to speed up SCM software implementation and optimize cost:
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
Supply Chain Software Development Costs
To estimate the cost of supply chain management solutions, ScienceSoft takes into account the following factors:
- The number and complexity of SCM functional modules.
- The scope and complexity of integrations with the required software.
- Data volume used for analytics, the need to implement machine learning algorithms and their complexity.
- Required application types – web, mobile, desktop – and a number of platforms supported (for mobile apps).
- Non-functional requirements: availability, performance, scalability, security, and compliance.
How we optimize the cost of supply chain software implementation
Our team is on it!
ScienceSoft's experts will study your case and get back to you with an answer within 24 hours.