Supply Chain Management Consulting
Supply chain management (SCM) consulting covers the business analysis of supply chain operations and design of software to enable its resilience. We help businesses implement SCM solutions for visibility into the supply chain operations, analytics-driven planning, optimization, risk management.
Benefits of Digital Supply Chain Management
Increased accuracy of demand forecasting
Improved visibility into an extended supply chain and efficiency of risk management activities
Enhanced reliability of inventory planning and reduced inventory carrying costs
Higher resource utilization (labor, transportation, etc.)
Streamlined fulfillment of sales orders
Improved collaboration with suppliers
Supply chain planning and optimization
- Demand forecasting.
- AI-supported recommendations on supply chain optimization (e.g., how much and when to order).
- Supply chain digital twin – a real-time supply chain model to test different supply chain action plans (e.g., safety stock planning, transportation optimization) and evaluate their impact before choosing the best one.
Value: improved and more cost-efficient fulfillment of customer demand, increased resource utilization, synchronization between different supply chain components.
Supply chain risk management
- Supply chain control tower, offering real-time, AI-supported visibility into all supply chain operations, including operations of suppliers and external carriers.
- Configurable dashboards for a unified view of supply chain processes and related KPIs (fill rate, order cycle time, etc.).
- Collaborative issue resolution with suppliers via a shared space for issue discussions, issues status tracking and notifications, etc.
Value: end-to-end supply chain visibility, proactive risk management, improved collaboration with suppliers.
Inventory and warehouse management
- Inventory levels and location tracking (with barcode or RFID technology).
- Optimal safety stock calculation.
- Automated replenishment triggers.
- Lot and serial number tracking.
- Expiration dates and shelf life monitoring.
Value: decreased inventory carrying costs, increased order fulfillment speed and accuracy, optimized labor costs, minimized inventory loss and shortages.
- Freight tracking.
- Planning and optimization of route schedules.
- Vehicle accident case management (accident notifications and reports, repair request issuing and routing, etc.).
- IoT connectivity to monitor product condition during transportation.
Value: improved vehicle utilization, decreased logistics operating costs, on-time delivery.
- Quick template-based creation of purchase requisitions, RFxs, and purchase orders.
- Automated approval workflow for purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Analytics-based recommendations on supplier assignment to purchase orders.
- Creation and management of preferred supplier lists.
- Automated three-way matching (purchase orders, order receipts, and supplier invoices are cross-compared to reveal inconsistencies if any).
- Purchase order execution tracking (for several tiers if required).
- Collaboration tools to discuss orders with suppliers.
Value: standardized and streamlined purchasing, improved spend visibility.
Supplier relationship management
- Analytics-based supplier pre-qualification (financial viability, technical capabilities, ethical business processes, etc.).
- Quick template-based creation of sourcing events (e-tenders, e-auctions).
- Collaboration with internal teams on supplier selection and nomination.
- Supplier performance analytics and ongoing compliance checks.
- Supplier portal for improved capacity planning (via collaboration with suppliers), etc.
- Automatic alerts for suppliers to update expiring data (accreditations, certifications).
Value: reduced supply chain compliance and regulatory risks, improved supplier engagement, optimized sourcing strategy.
- Centralized multichannel sales order processing.
- Automated order routing to an optimal fulfillment location.
- Support of multiple order fulfillment methods and types (BOPIS, ship-from-store, same-day delivery, etc.).
- Return management.
Value: increased order fill rate, reduced order fulfillment costs, reduced shipping and expediting costs, increased customer satisfaction rate.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
SCM software integrations we recommend
With ERP, MES, and other relevant internal systems (OMS, WMS, etc.) and third-party data sources – to improve supply chain planning.
With hardware (barcode or RFID readers) – to automate employee workflows (e.g., inventory identification and tracking).
With a BI tool – to leverage supply chain data for enterprise-level analytics.
To estimate the cost of supply chain management solutions, ScienceSoft takes into account the following factors:
- Number and complexity of functional modules required to cover business needs.
- Number and complexity of integrations (e.g., with legacy software, IoT devices).
- Data volume used for analytics, the necessity to implement machine learning algorithms and their complexity.
- Required application types – web, mobile, desktop – and a number of platforms supported (for mobile).
- Data storage type (a centralized database or a private blockchain).
- Application availability, performance, security, and scalability requirements.
How we optimize the costs of SCM solution implementation
- 32 years in IT and 700+ employees on board.
- 9-year experience in the development of supply chain solutions.
- Expertise in software consulting and development for 30 industries, including manufacturing, retail & wholesale, healthcare, oil & gas, and construction.
- Practice-proven expertise in advanced techs, including data science and prediction algorithms, big data, BI and data visualization, image analysis, IoT, blockchain.
- In-house project management office and a mature quality management system in place (confirmed by the ISO 9001 certificate) to ensure the implementation of high-quality consulting projects on time and within budget.
- Guaranteed security of the customers’ data we access proved by the ISO 27001 certificate.
ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times.
Examples of Our SCM Projects
Development of a Supply Chain E-Collaboration Network for 1,700-Store Retailer Auchan
- A B2B portal for category managers, buyers and vendors that provides real-time visibility into buying and selling processes, advanced analytics for demand planning, and real-time report generation.
- The system includes the company’s complete SKU database with a powerful search engine, document templates, collaboration tools, and more.
Development of a Blockchain-Based Supply Chain Software
- A private, highly secure blockchain system for manufacturers, distributors, and stores to trace goods and verify their authenticity at each stage of the supply chain.
- The system is supported by web apps that output blockchain transaction data into an easy-to-understand format for different user groups.
- MVP was developed within 3 months.
Looking to Solve Your Supply Chain Challenges?
Please send your RFx or just a brief idea of a software solution you’re considering – we will analyze your needs and suggest the next steps.
Business analysis methodologies
Interviews and focus groups
Value chain analysis
Risk assessment matrix
Lean Six Sigma
Frameworks and libraries
Architecture designs and patterns
Traditional 3-layer architecture
Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Various approaches to enterprise application integration (database integration, point-to-point and middleware-based SOA, robotic process automation)
What we do
- Analyze your supply chain strategy and operations. Analyze your business strategy and how well a supply chain strategy integrates with it.
- Evaluate how supply chain operations are currently supported with technology. Identify the areas of improvement and map them to possible technology solutions.
- Define software requirements in collaboration with your subject-matter experts and involved managers (planners, procurement and inventory managers, etc.).
Show more actions
- For custom software: Design software architecture in alignment with performance, security, and compliance requirements. Choose technology stack. Prepare UX and UI mockups.
- For platform-based software: Select the best-fitting products and prepare a configuration and integration specification.
- Prepare cost estimation and solution implementation plan. Identify possible software implementation and adoption risks and outline a risk management strategy.
- Software vision and scope outline. Software requirements specification. Hardware requirements specification (if required). The level of elaboration is agreed upon individually.
- Software design documentation.
- Configuration guides.
- UX and UI mockups.
- Infrastructure design document.
- Off-the-shelf software comparison.
- A project plan with time and budget estimation based on your priorities, financial and technical limitations.
- Feasibility study report and a business case (expected costs and financial outcomes, ROI or NPV).
- Implementation costs optimization strategy.
- Risk management plan.
- KPI system to measure the quality of the SCM solution and business value from its implementation.
What we do
- Develop a Proof-of-Concept (optional).
- Implement a custom supply chain management solution OR select and set up off-the-shelf software.
- Integrate the solution with your existing systems.
- Integrate hardware, if applicable (e.g., for RFID solutions).
- Migrate necessary data from currently used systems.
Show more actions
- Run end-to-end system testing (covering functional, performance, usability, security testing).
- Deploy the solutions and conduct user training.
- Provide after-launch support.
- Evolve software (if required).
- Software requirements specification.
- Documented code with unit tests.
- API descriptions.
- Test documentation, including automated tests (API and UI tests).
- Infrastructure configurations.
- User documentation.
- Regular status reports.