IoT Application Development Services
Over 11 years in IoT software development
IoT software development services cover requirements engineering, architecture design, platform and user apps creation, testing, and support. ScienceSoft offers IoT development services to deliver robust IoT solutions that optimize business processes and improve work safety.
Oil and Gas
- Monitoring storage conditions of oil and gas.
- Pipeline surveillance and leakage detection.
- Remote oil & gas equipment inspection.
- Predictive maintenance of oil & gas equipment.
- Home/enterprise energy management.
- Energy consumption analytics.
- Energy forecasting.
- Asset management.
- Energy billing optimization.
- Utility communication.
- Smart greenhouses, farms.
- Real-time tracking of soil, water, light, humidity, temperature conditions.
- Analysis of crop data.
- Predicting weather patterns.
- Tracking supply chains of agricultural products.
- Beacon-enabled loyalty programs for personalized in-store customer experience.
- Smart shelves tracking product stock and scheduling replenishment.
- Traffic control to restrict the number of in-store visitors.
- Equipment and vehicle location tracking.
- Real-time monitoring of construction equipment data and condition.
- Employee health and safety tracking via wearables.
Cross-industry Internet of Things solutions
- Remote monitoring of products / equipment performance.
- Early detection of problems.
- Uncovering failure patterns.
- Validating warranty claims.
- Identifying warranty violations.
Supply chain management
- Monitoring of inventory levels.
- Automated alerting on low stock.
- Warehouse climate control.
- Robotic order fulfilment.
- Transportation climate control.
Real-time asset tracking
- Asset location and movement tracking (both indoors and outdoors) with interactive maps and geofencing.
- Asset tracking analytics and reporting.
- Smart industrial products with control apps.
- Complex consumer products with a central monitoring system to connect smart things, control apps and user apps.
- Simple smart consumer products like household appliances and fitness items.
- Monitoring of environmental conditions for the transportation and storage of products sensitive to temperature, humidity, etc.
- Monitoring drivers’ activities.
- Transportation route planning.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Dispatch management.
- Vehicle maintenance control.
- Real-time monitoring of traffic and public parking situations.
- Automated adjusting of street lighting based on the outside conditions.
- Real-time tracking of public transport location.
- Fire alert systems.
- Crime prevention systems.
- Indoor conditions monitoring.
- Automated control over energy consumption.
- Video surveillance via cameras and motion detectors.
End-to-end Development of an IoT Solution for Remote Care
- Solution with 6 apps for web, Android TV, Android, and iOS devices.
- Dedicated REST API, chat, survey builder, and report servers on Node.js.
- Integration with Sensor Network Appliances to collect patient health data and activities.
Development of Remote Car Management Solution
- Direct cooperation with vehicle tracking hardware manufacturers in South Korea.
- Scalable server on Azure Cloud.
- Development and integration of administrative web and iOS/Android apps for remote car control.
- Intelligent voice command interface (Google Voice Actions for Android and Siri for iOS.
IoT Application for Smart Home Control
- Reduced energy consumption due to automated low energy consumption mode when inhabitants are away.
- Reduced energy costs thanks to the choice of the day's most preferable prices.
- Improved security due to the video surveillance system and automated alarms.
Truck Temperature Monitoring Solution
- Custom module for real-time cargo condition monitoring, delivery violations alerting, and advanced reporting based on AWS Cloud.
- Increased sales due to the innovative monitoring features.
- Quick access to information about the condition of goods.
- Reduced expenses associated with rejected goods.
Pet Tracker Software and Mobile Apps for Remote Tracker Management
- An easily scalable big data solution based on Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and MongoDB.
- Processing 30,000+ events per second from 1 million devices.
- Safe data transfer and push notifications due to Kafka Streams.
- Storing data in an operational database on PostgreSQL RDS.
IoT App for Real-time Monitoring and Technical Control of Building Construction
- User-friendliness due to color coding of the state of a building.
- Integration with external systems.
- Efficient technical control.
- Increased security of constructions and complex engineering objects.
IoT App for Heart Rate Tracking
- A native iOS app gathering data from different heart rate monitors (e.g., Wahoo Fitness, 60beat BLUE Heart Rate, Zephyr).
- Quantitative assessment of a user’s physical state based on the lying-to-standing test and the Valsalva deep breathing maneuver.
- Presenting the heart beat data as an intuitive three-colored chart.
IoT Startup Consulting
- Preparation of IIoT PaaS architecture design documentation.
- Creation of system requirements specification (functional, security, performance, deployment, and configuration requirements).
- Quick and codeless building of IIoT applications due to IIoT PaaS based on open-source technologies and using cloud services like AWS and Azure.
RFID-Enabled Smart Farming App for Livestock Management
- Integration app for a solution for dairy farms that uses RFID scanner and pidion device (palmtop) to transmit the information via Bluetooth.
- Reduced time spent on data gathering and processing.
- Flexibility that allows tailoring the solution to all kinds of livestock production.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
We use a modular Internet of Things architecture that provides for fast vertical and horizontal scale-up and allows adding new functional modules or expanding the current functionality to new device models with reasonable effort. A typical architecture of an IoT solution includes the following components:
Sensors, GPS tags and RFID tags, mounted on assets to collect and transmit various data (e.g., temperature, operating speed, location) into an IoT solution. Collected data goes through the field gateways and the cloud gateway to the streaming data processor. Actuators attached to assets receive commands to move or control them from control apps (e.g., increase or decrease machine rotation speed).
Data processing level
The streaming data processor transmits the input data to the data lake and control apps. From the data lake (where the data is stored in its natural format) it gets to the big data warehouse that stores structured data for further analysis. In-depth data analysis helps identify abnormal patterns and trends in IoT data and generate actionable insights on how to fix issues. The machine learning component creates precise models that identify data patterns and trends based on historical data. Based on these models, control applications send commands to actuators.
Web and mobile applications enable users to communicate with the IoT solution and view real-time data and reports.
IoT solution consulting
- IoT solution prototyping.
- Selection of fitting hardware (sensors, GPS tags, RFID tags (active and passive), RFID antennas, RFID readers
- Planning of automated collecting, filtering, and analyzing data from smart devices.
- Data security strategy planning.
- IoT solution adoption planning.
- IoT solution development project planning.
IoT device network creation and management
- Selection of suitable IoT devices.
- Configuring IoT devices and connecting them to the network.
- IoT devices monitoring and diagnostics.
ScienceSoft's tip: Device choice can in many ways influence the project costs and the performance levels of the final IoT solution. We pay high attention to this stage and help to balance the investments and results.
Edge computing setup
- Creating an edge infrastructure consisting of a number of edge servers placed across a network.
- Grouping IoT devices through an edge device.
- Setting up advanced analytics and reporting tools.
Data center implementation
- Designing and creating a data processing environment for heterogeneous IoT data.
- Building machine learning and data science algorithms to identify data patterns and trends that help solve specific problems in IoT-based equipment condition, operation, etc.
Development of IoT data visualization apps
- Diversity of web and mobile apps to serve IoT visualized data insights, including VR/AR apps.
- Multiple visualization techniques (e.g., bar, pie, funnel, connectivity charts; heat maps).
- Tailored reports and dashboards on IoT data for different user roles (managers, data experts, etc.).
- Customizable IoT data visualization (adding new data sources, configuring additional reports, etc.).
Development of remote control apps
- Design of rule-based and machine-learning based remote control apps (web and mobile).
- Remote control app configuration and integration with IoT devices.
ScienceSoft’s tip: We recommend ensuring that commands from control apps are additionally analyzed in the data warehouse. It helps uncover and automatically block suspicious access to control apps.
QA and testing
- Comprehensive verification of requirements for the IoT solution and its architecture.
- Well-structured and well-documented code, regular code reviews, and unit testing.
- Testing automation to increase test coverage and eliminate regression errors in the IoT solution.
IoT app management and support
- Identifying and fixing data quality, IoT application availability, and usage issues.
- Assessment of network, server, database, and application vulnerabilities, and addressing them.
- IoT infrastructure compliance review.
- Adding new functionality to IoT apps.
Prof. Dr. Department of Biomedical Science
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft proved to have vast expertise in Healthcare and Life Science industries related to the development of desktop software connected to laboratory equipment. They bring top-quality talents with deep knowledge of IT technologies and ISO 13485, IEC 62304 standards. ScienceSoft’s team demonstrated a great engineering culture and proactive approach to work.
Chairman & CEO
During the project flow, we were very pleased by the work of ScienceSoft’s business analysts and developers, who demonstrated a high level of skills and competence. They made many significant contributions to our [IoT] products both in terms of functionality and quality. We would definitely recommend ScienceSoft as a skilled and trustworthy consulting and development partner.
ScienceSoft offers a high caliber of resources skilled in Microsoft Azure .NET, mobile and Quality Assurance. Over the past three years, Lixar was very pleased with the service provided by ScienceSoft development teams and executive management. For accelerated project timelines which require skilled resources, ScienceSoft is a company that your team should consider.
Choose ScienceSoft as Your IoT Development Partner!
With ample experience in IoT application development and a mature approach to IoT project management, ScienceSoft will deliver a full-fledged IoT solution while keeping your development costs on point.
AWS IoT services
RFID tags (active and passive)
Supported communication protocols
Short time to market
- Start of an IoT project in under 1 week.
- Agile development: IoT MVP in 3-6 months.
- Regular update releases every 2-4 weeks.
Assisted IoT device management
- Help with IoT hardware choice, configuration, connection, and monitoring.
- Assistance in IoT software updates.
High transparency of IoT development projects
- KPI-based progress control.
- A personalized system of KPIs for each customer (e.g., budget planned and spent, implemented features, service availability, user satisfaction).
Strong security of IoT data
- Security management capabilities are backed by ISO 27001 certificate.
- Compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Vulnerability assessment & penetration testing.
Pricing models for IoT Development Projects
You pay the price based on time and efforts estimated at the initial cooperation stage and specified by a contract.
Best for: IoT projects with well-defined and stable requirements: feasibility study, PoC, small and short-term IoT application development projects.
Time & Material, Time & Material with a Cap
You receive the end-of-the-month invoice based on the hours or efforts reported per month (under the stated upper limit in case of T&M with a cap).
Best for: IoT projects with a changeable scope: advisory activities, agile projects, IoT evolution, large and long-term IoT projects.
Consider Professional IoT Software Development Services
As an IoT app development company, ScienceSoft offers the following services:
IoT solution consulting
- Investigating your business context and tasks/problems you want to address with IoT implementation.
- Defining what data must be collected to meet business goals.
- Technical IoT solution requirements engineering.
- Outlining the IoT solution’s architecture.
- Determining a fitting tech stack.
- Hardware planning.
- Consulting on key integrations for the IoT solution.
- Elaborating on a data security strategy.
- Advising on the IoT solution adoption.
- IoT project planning, including time, cost and ROI estimation.
IoT solution implementation
- Eliciting technical requirements for an IoT solution.
- Designing the solution architecture.
- UI and UX design of user apps.
- Modeling a data processing environment for heterogeneous IoT data.
- Helping choose, configure, connect smart devices.
- End-to-end IoT solution development including building of control apps and user apps.
- Integration of the IoT solution with third-party software.
- Quality assurance and security testing.
- User training.
- After-launch support and evolution.