HR Software Development
Having 10 years of experience in HR software development, ScienceSoft provides technical product management consulting, product development, UX and UI design, QA, maintenance and support services to create powerful HR systems that help you increase competitiveness in the SaaS HR software market and reduce product development costs and risks.
HR software development services are aimed at creating HR software that streamlines such human resources as personnel tracking, payroll, benefits, recruiting, onboarding, learning and development, and more.
HR administrative tasks
- Employee database.
- Employee profiles.
- Employment life cycle transactions.
- Payroll management.
- Employee benefits.
- Reporting and analytics.
HR service management
- Corporate policies and procedures.
- Employee handbook.
- Organizational chart.
- Employee knowledge base.
- Employee self-service portal.
- Virtual assistants and chatbots for employees.
- Performance management.
- Competency management.
- Career and succession planning.
- Internal job transfer.
- Learning and development.
- Workforce planning.
- Engagement management.
- Employee behavior prediction (via predictive analytics and AI).
- Absence management.
- Worktime tracking.
- Time and attendance evaluation.
- Employee scheduling.
- Tasks and activities tracking.
We offer full-cycle development for your HR system, from ideation to continuous support and evolution.
We provide daily reports including such KPIs as implemented features, average time spent per task and work progress. We give you access to our project and task tracking systems like Jira.
To reduce development risks, we evaluate your development process to find the most fitting way to improve KPIs. To reduce financial risks, we conduct a feasibility study before starting a project and offer technical product management consulting.
Our Competencies and Skills
ScienceSoft’s experts have a wide range of tech competencies, including:
Java frameworks and extensions
Primarily: Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, etc.), Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA)
Optionally: Application servers of Java Enterprise Platform (Jakarta EE / Java EE / J2EE) like JBoss WildFly
Real-time data processing
Our Hallmark Projects for Human Resources
Development of an HR Management System for an IT Company
A SharePoint-based HR management product helps enterprises store and share employee-related information.
Employee Performance Management Software Development
A system that contains forms to set employee performance goals, questionnaires for employees to assess each other's performance, and performance improvement plans for managers.
Development of a Time Tracking and Reporting Tool
A time tracking and reporting tool that enabled simple data entry and provided detailed and accurate reports just in a few clicks.
Development of a Vacation Chatbot for a SharePoint Intranet
An intelligent vacation chatbot that helps employees to check up and book vacations right on their SharePoint intranet homepage, as well as via desktop and mobile messengers.
SaaS ERP Modernization for a European Enterprise Software Provider
ScienceSoft’s team revamped a SaaS ERP system, including the development of two modules for tracking and sharing resources, which made the system flexible and scalable enough to meet the needs of the growing number of companies across various industries.
Our Customers Say
For the past 6 years, ScienceSoft has been a reliable partner in supporting and maintaining our HR software product. They keep modernizing HR on our demand, introducing new features and tweaking existing functionality to let us better cater to our growing client base. Moreover, ScienceSoft has successfully migrated our product from onpremises Microsoft Access to cloud-based Microsoft SQL Server, ensuring uninterrupted, smooth operation and high availability of HR in the new infrastructure.
Peter Hermann, CEO , ZEITundZUTRITT GmbH
HR product consulting
- HR software market and competition analysis.
- HR solution conceptualization.
- Defining product differentiation and Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
- UX and UI design: UX audit and usability testing, interactive prototyping, creating a visual style guide, and more.
- Tech stack selection to build a HR product.
Developing an HR system from scratch
- Business needs analysis / Idea productization.
- Architecture design.
- UX and UI design.
- HR software development.
- Integration with the required systems.
- Quality assurance.
- Continuous support and evolution of an HR system.
Taking over HR product development
You benefit from:
- Reduced development costs.
- Minimized risk of defects in production.
- Improved HR system’s metrics, such as code quality, service availability, response time, performance, security.
Switching to the SaaS model
- Designing a scalable multi-tenancy architecture.
- Defining OOTB functionality for your SaaS product and the customization strategy.
- Resorting to cloud-native development and microservices architecture.
Timeframes for Our HR Software Development Services
- MVP development: 2-4 months
- MVP with an innovative component to increase competitiveness: 3-6 months
- Releases: every 2-6 weeks
- Minor changes and hotfixes: several times a day
Pricing Models for HR System Development
Capped Time and Material
Used in case of agile iterative development to react to user feedback and changing requirements.
Used in case of a well-defined and stable project scope. To reduce risks, the project can be divided into phases that are estimated separately.
Fixed Monthly Fee
Used for mature SaaS HR products in the support mode.
Start Developing Your HR Product Right Now
By delegating your HR software development to ScienceSoft, you can achieve the following benefits as compared to in-house development:
faster MVP development
development costs reduction
end user satisfaction
All about Human Resources
IT Services for HR
HR Software Development
HR Software Overview