End-to-end Application Services. Your Journey to Digital Transformation and Optimized TCO
Since 1989, ScienceSoft has been doing its best to maintain the status of a trusted partner and provided high-quality services of designing, building, and operating enterprise applications of various purposes, architectures and technology stacks.
We combine innovative minds and the in-depth knowledge of a wide technology spectrum with the aspiration to provide solutions for complex enterprise-level challenges in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, banking, retail, telecommunications, travel&hospitality, entertainment, and more.
ScienceSoft's Concept of Application Services
Our concept of application services is outlined in the following points:
- We use modern technologies and approaches. We eagerly utilize and constantly develop our competencies in IoT, big data, machine learning, AI, image analysis, AR, DevOps/Continuous Delivery (CD), and don’t shun proven and long-trusted techs.
- We know how to deal with complex enterprise IT landscapes that have evolved for decades. For 31 years, we’ve been accumulating the experience from multiple projects and learned the tricks to tame the systems of various nature and architectural patterns.
- We are flexible in terms of cooperation. We are ready to cooperate with third-party vendors and together deliver business value to the customers. If the customer’s needs and priorities change, we can adjust the responsibility scope on the go and adapt service timelines to the new context.
- We focus on TCO of the solutions we deliver and manage. We analyze how to optimize operational, maintenance, and other costs during a solution’s life cycle.
Application Services We Offer
ScienceSoft offers the following set of application services for midsized and big enterprises:
We design and deliver web, mobile and cloud business applications of different complexity and for various needs. In the process, we pay special attention to their flexibility, security, speed and integration potential.
The success of our software comes from:
The actual value to business
We thoroughly study all critical business needs and the future application context, make appropriate architecture and technology choices to build the solution that answers the specific requirements of your business.
Stable work and undemanding support
We write loose-coupled and readable code to keep it easy to test, maintain, and upgrade.
High quality and timely releases
We have developed a clearly defined and battle-tested software development process, which allows us to provide high-quality and reliable solutions within the established deadline.
Agile delivery of new features
We employ DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration practices, automated testing and deployment tools. Thus, we ensure constant delivery of releasable solution (implementing new features as often as 1-2 times a week), without system freezes and with reduced code errors.
We can take responsibility for the management of your applications ensuring its increased business flexibility and optimized IT costs. With latest process management practices, our team will maintain and monitor your application servers and databases taking care of their enhanced performance, sustainability, stability and keepin them in sync with current business needs.
The list of our application management services includes but is not limited to:
Remote application monitoring and performance management
We take over the continuous remote diagnostics of your critical applications. We identify problems, share with you the detailed info on the causes of found issues and provide recommendations on the needed improvements. We track application performance, transaction integrity, data consistency, message queue exceeds, server failures.
Remote application support
We help you to treat a wide spectrum of problems and incidents, manage modifications (from minor enhancements to app changes) and configurations, and advise you on beneficial app optimization activities to address new evolving needs.
Our 24/7 help desk can become a single point of contact for application users, the help desk agents will receive all inbound service requests and incident reports through any preferred communication channel (e-mail, phone, chat, a ticket management system, and more) and:
Design and implementation of the Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline
We design and implement the CD pipeline to connect development, testing and deployment of your application and automate them. This enables you to leverage multiple DevOps/CD values and deliver new app features quickly and efficiently.
Our team implements modernization of legacy applications to increase their efficiency and incorporate them better into a modern enterprise IT strategy.
We support a wide range of ‘revival’ activities and scale them according to your business needs.
- Re-hosting – moving an entire application from the on-premises or the old cloud infrastructure to the new cloud without significant modifications and changes in code.
- Re-platforming – moving a part or an entire application to the cloud with small optimizations and upgrades to leverage such cloud capabilities as automated performance scaling and improved resillience.
- Re-architecting – changing an application’s architecture and design to make it more scalable, flexible, and integration-friendly or to allow for simplified app maintenance and streamlined testing and deployment of further upgrades.
- Re-engineering – redesigning certain application components, updating certain aspects (e.g., performance, functionality) or introducing new elements to an already existing system.
- Re-coding – rewriting legacy applications on PowerBuilder, Delphi, VB, C++, etc. and outdated versions of Java, .NET, PHP and Python with modern technologies and tools.
To make modernization smooth and truly beneficial, we:
- Closely cooperate with the customer (IT department, other concerned employees) and third-party vendors to get comprehensive info on the application under modernization.
- Meticulously extract business requirements from existing software applications.
- Analyze the infrastructure, identify all code dependencies and component integrations.
We can transform multiple independent applications of your IT environment into one coherently working system allowing for its increased efficiency and user convenience.
To make integration successful, we address our experience in integrating systems and applications of various complexity, scale and technology stacks and:
Select an integration pattern that answers the current needs and a future strategy of your business
We have a strong record in various integration approaches – point-to-point service-oriented architecture (SOA), enterprise service bus (ESB), shared database (for specific cases) – and can make up an integration solution that allows for your maximum profit.
Pay due attention to specific integration risks
We make sure the integrated system offers appropriate response time, security level, data quality.
Cover the end-to-end integration process
We design integration architecture, implement the solution, modernize your legacy applications to allow their smooth work in the new environment, provide a comprehensive testing coverage at the system and component level, as well as offer further integration and support services.
Application security services
Our security experts can assist enterprises in making their applications resistant to security threats.
- We help you to compile security requirements as well as recommend a resilient app design pattern that will be able to address potential security risks.
- We help you to stay compliant with strict industry-specific security requirements, such as HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, providing professional guidance from our field experts in gathering industry-specific security requirements.
- We implement continuous security monitoring to make sure your applications remain protected and reliable and timely identify the need for security upgrade to answer ever-evolving cyberthreats.
- We investigate security flaws of your application employing white box (with code audit) testing or black box testing (without access to application code) and provide a report with recommendations on overcoming found vulnerabilities.
We perform comprehensive manual and automated testing (vital for Continuous Delivery) for every stage of the application life cycle (implementation, deployment, support and evolution) to timely identify potential risks and verify that your enterprise solutions work correctly and correspond to the established quality requirements.
We ensure comprehensive checking of your application with multiple types of testing, including:
We provide detailed reports on identified defects and recommend on best remediation activities.