Custom Software Development Services
Custom software development is a way to get a competitive advantage in the market due to the superior functionality a custom solution provides. With 32 years in IT, ScienceSoft offers custom software development services to plan and deliver tailored quality software reliably and promptly.
Corporate & Interorganizational Software Systems
We build software that automates enterprise-wide processes and covers interdepartmental information flows, and may also include transactions with customers, vendors and partners.
Examples: ERP, operations management software, SCM, EAM, MES, POS, claims processing software, HCM/HRM.
We build software with features that are unmet by mass-market commercial or free software to cover the needs of a particular department within your organization.
Examples: CRM, inventory management, financial management software, RIS, PACS.
Software for a Specific Business Function
We build software that fully covers business-unique and industry-specific functions, thus it doesn’t need time-consuming and complicated customization as is the case with market-available software products.
Examples: price management software, clinical decision support app, specialized accounting/treasury management software, invoicing and billing software.
Customer Self-service Apps
We build applications that help your organization deliver tailored customer experiences to win the market competition.
Examples: mobile banking apps, patient portals, shopping apps.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Supply chain management (SCM)
- Operations management software
- Business process management
- Enterprise asset management (EAM)
- Human resource management (HRM) / human capital management (HCM)
- Business intelligence (BI) systems
- Manufacturing execution system (MES)
- Product life-cycle management (PLM) software
- Connected vehicle system
- Procurement platforms
- Spare parts management system
- Inventory management software
- Electronic health records (EHR) systems / Electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Healthcare revenue cycle management
- Tax invoicing system
- Ecommerce solutions
- Point of sale (POS) software
- Insurance: Claims processing software
- Professional services: Income tax calculation systems, talent acquisition workflow management
- Telecoms: Billing systems
- Aviation: Ramp resource management software
Our Recent Project: Operations Management Software for a Manufacturer of Phyto-based Pharmaceuticals
- We built customer registration and customer document (prescriptions, insurance, etc.) management software, integrated them with each other and an ecommerce solution to replace paper-based registration processing.
- We built an order management system and integrated it with the ecommerce solution to centralize order, sales, and supply information.
- We built and integrated a warehouse management tool to automate the control over available medicinal plants.
Enterprise resource & process management
- Project & task management
- Resource & workload management
- HR and talent management
- Sales & marketing automation
- Risk management
- Compliance management
- Document management
Financial management & accounting
- Budgeting and planning
- Invoicing and billing
- Cash management
- Revenue management
- Expense management
- Financial audit
Knowledge & productivity
- Learning & training systems
- Knowledge management
- Personal productivity & digital workplace
- Employee monitoring
- Content management & DAM
- Collaboration & intranets
Supply chain management
- Inventory management and optimization
- Order management
- Warehouse management
- Vendor management
- Delivery management
Their [ScienceSoft's] work will help us achieve a higher level of communication with our diverse workforce by creating a repository of information, communication and event management tools. We have already seen an increase in event participation and use of the tools built into the site which allow the employees to have a greater part in self-managing their needs.
Denise Yarian, People and Culture Manager, Autosoft
Our subject-matter experts will assess your needs and come up with possible custom software solutions. They’ll advise on techs and architecture design, as well as provide a rough estimation of time and costs.
End-to-end Software Development
We will support you through the full software development cycle – from initial needs analysis to the implementation and adoption of the new software solution.
Legacy Software Modernization
To help you get more agility and efficiency, we can re-code or re-architect your legacy solutions with modern techs and architectural patterns, migrate them to the cloud, extend their reach and functionality, and more.
Our first project with ScienceSoft involved development of custom trade promotion solution. The task was accomplished in a highly productive and efficient way, and marked the start of successful and mutually beneficial cooperation between Leo Burnett and ScienceSoft. We appreciate their proactive approach and ability to suggest improvements to a prospective solution on both architectural and business levels.
Mikhail Anfimau, Senior Solution Architect, Leo Burnett Worldwide
Inventory Management Software for Herbal Medicine Manufacturer
Built in just 3 weeks, the solution monitors the herbs stock at the stages of harvesting, internal packaging and storing, automatically extracts the info from the electronic scale, and generates PDF barcodes and inventory reports.
Well Log Data Tracking Software
The solution allows specifying various parameters of the well development workflow; assigning tasks to team members; tracking the tasks and notifying relevant parties about specific events.
Care Team Coordination Web Application for 120+ Caregivers
The solution allows assigning care team members to each patient and notifying the selected members about the specific patient events in line with the RACI matrix.
Trade Marketing Planning Software for 82,000-Staff FMCG Company
The system consists of two applications – field planning tool and market integrated platform, and allows creating trade marketing plans within a certain geographical area.
Online and Mobile Banking Software for an Asian Bank with 3+ mln Customers
The solution supports money transfers using a unique generated code, split payments, setting up card spending limits, creating virtual cards and more.
Field Audit Mobile App for Burger King, KFC and Friday’s
The tool allows assessing the efficiency of each location with customizable checklists on hygiene, health and safety of food, response time and more.
Data Analytics Platform for a US Telecom Company Operating in 18 States
The solution helps to measure the engagement, identifies the preferences of a particular user, spots trends in the users’ behavior, predicts user behavior, invoice advertisers, and more.
Employee Performance Management Software for a US Telecom Provider
The system contains questionnaires for employee assessment, forms to set performance goals, and performance improvement plans for managers.
Online Bond Portfolio Management Software for a Financial News Agency
The solution allows financial and investment professionals to track their activities with bonds and acquire reports.
Migration of Enterprise Management Software for a US Provider of Medical Imaging Services
The cost of custom software development depends on your project’s scale and complexity shaped by multiple factors, such as:
- Software type and a number of platforms supported (web, mobile, desktop).
- Number and complexity of software features.
- Custom software design uniqueness and complexity.
- Number and complexity of integrations with other software systems.
- Infrastructure requirements (availability, performance, security, latent capacity and scalability).
We will be pleased to provide an estimate for your project.
Custom vs off-the-shelf software: What's the difference?
- Lower costs in the short run
- No or little time is needed to start using software
- Large solutions with the “one-size-fits-all” feature set
- Scheduled, standard updates
- Limited integrations with other systems
- Predictable price
- Lower costs in the long run
- Needs time to develop (3-6 months, 6-12 months, and more)
- Lean solutions with tailored feature set
- Unlimited scalability
- On-demand evolution and new feature delivery
- Freedom to integrate with any other systems (your legacy software, third-party systems)
- Can become a unique competitive advantage
- Can be productized
WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS TO INNOVATE
We employ our hands-on experience in cutting-edge technologies to help our customers get the most of modern tech capabilities and stay ahead of the competition.
Our software engineers employ the proven combination of the latest and classic trusted technologies, having the following technology stack as the basis:
FAQ on Custom Application Development Services
Answered by Boris Shiklo, Chief Technology Officer at ScienceSoft
What engagement models does ScienceSoft offer?
We offer full process outsourcing, dedicated team, and staff augmentation. The outsourcing model choice depends on the nature of customer needs (improve the development process or fill specific skill gaps) and the desired level of project control.
One more question
What development methodologies does ScienceSoft use?
We commonly use Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to enable fast releases and easy changes. In case accurately predictable budgets/timelines or adherence to industry regulations are in demand, we employ Waterfall. And we offer the Iterative model when a customer wants both project flexibility and predictability.
We Deliver with Speed, Quality and Agility
The success of our software comes from:
- A dedicated PM for each project who organizes the work for the benefit of transparency and visibility, coordinates communication with your in-house team and third parties, continuously re-evaluates requirements and manages risks.
- Effective collaboration with project stakeholders.
- All-round requirements analysis and management
Learn what comprehensive requirements management includes
Requirements Analysis & Management
To a large extent, the success of custom software development depends on the right understanding of the business problem it is aimed to solve. Thus, solid requirements management is at the core of custom software development. This process usually includes:
- Investigation of a business situation, analysis of project stakeholders.
- Understanding user tasks and goals and business objectives.
- Understanding the environment software will be used in.
- Functional and non-functional needs elicitation.
- Requirements modeling, detailing, agreement, prioritization, and documenting.
- Conflicting requirements resolution.
- Assessing the feasibility of a software solution, identification and evaluation of alternatives.
- Focus on quality at every stage of software development life cycle.
- Clean and stable code; future-proof architecture (mobile-, integration-, cloud-ready; SOA, microservices-based, etc.).
- Rapid prototyping, fast delivery of first version and iterative development further.
- Lean UX design.
- Development in a view of undemanding support and smooth evolution.
- Mature DevOps culture, strong background in containerized environments, cloud computing, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).