Custom Software Development Services
ScienceSoft offers custom software development to design and build software solutions, catering to organizations’ unique needs. With 32 years in IT and 700 employees onboard, ScienceSoft provides all-round custom software development services to deploy highly customized software with speed and quality.
Enterprise resource & process management
- Asset management
- Project & task management
- Resource & workload management
- PLM, PIM
- HR and talent management
- Sales & marketing automation
- Risk management
- Compliance management
- Document management
Financial management & accounting
- Budgeting and planning
- Invoicing and billing
- Cash management
- Revenue management
- Expense management
- Financial audit
Knowledge & productivity
Supply chain management
- Inventory management and optimization
- Order management
- Warehouse management
- Procurement and vendor management
- Delivery management
Their [ScienceSoft's] work will help us achieve a higher level of communication with our diverse workforce by creating a repository of information, communication and event management tools. We have already seen an increase in event participation and use of the tools built into the site which allow the employees to have a greater part in self-managing their needs.
Denise Yarian, People and Culture Manager at Autosoft, a US-based provider of dealer management software
Industry Solutions We Offer
We develop all types of industry-specific software. Below are the most demanded solutions:
- Insurance claim management
- Claim estimation
- Injury management
- Advanced data analytics
Our subject-matter experts will assess your needs and come up with possible software solutions. They’ll advise on techs and architecture design, as well as provide a rough estimation of time and costs.
End-to-end Software Development
We will support you through the full software development cycle – from initial needs analysis to the implementation and adoption of the new software solution.
Legacy Software Modernization
To help you get more agility and efficiency, we can re-code or re-architect your legacy solutions with modern techs and architectural patterns, migrate them to the cloud, extend their reach and functionality, and more.
Our first project with ScienceSoft involved development of custom trade promotion solution. The task was accomplished in a highly productive and efficient way, and marked the start of successful and mutually beneficial cooperation between Leo Burnett and ScienceSoft. We appreciate their proactive approach and ability to suggest improvements to a prospective solution on both architectural and business levels.
Mikhail Anfimau, Senior Solution Architect at Leo Burnett Worldwide, a globally active advertising agency based in Chicago
Inventory Management Software for Herbal Medicine Manufacturer
Built in just 3 weeks, the solution monitors the herbs stock at the stages of harvesting, internal packaging and storing, automatically extracts the info from the electronic scale, and generates PDF barcodes and inventory reports.
Well Log Data Tracking Software
The solution allows specifying various parameters of the well development workflow; assigning tasks to team members; tracking the tasks and notifying relevant parties about specific events.
Care Team Coordination Web Application for 120+ Caregivers
The solution allows assigning care team members to each patient and notifying the selected members about the specific patient events in line with the RACI matrix.
Trade Marketing Planning Software for 82,000-Staff FMCG Company
The system consists of two applications – field planning tool and market integrated platform, and allows creating trade marketing plans within a certain geographical area.
Online and Mobile Banking Software for an Asian Bank with 3+ mln Customers
The solution supports money transfers using a unique generated code, split payments, setting up card spending limits, creating virtual cards and more.
Field Audit Mobile App for Burger King, KFC and Friday’s
The tool allows assessing the efficiency of each location with customizable checklists on hygiene, health and safety of food, response time and more.
Data Analytics Platform for a US Telecom Company Operating in 18 States
The solution helps to measure the engagement, identifies the preferences of a particular user, spots trends in the users’ behavior, predicts user behavior, invoice advertisers, and more.
Employee Performance Management Software for a US Telecom Provider
The system contains questionnaires for employee assessment, forms to set performance goals, and performance improvement plans for managers.
Online Bond Portfolio Management Software for a Financial News Agency
The solution allows financial and investment professionals to track their activities with bonds and acquire reports.
Migration of Enterprise Management Software for a US Provider of Medical Imaging Services
The cost of custom software development depends on your project’s scale and complexity shaped by multiple factors, such as:
- Software type and a number of platforms supported (web, mobile, desktop).
- Number and complexity of software features.
- Design uniqueness and complexity.
- Number and complexity of integrations with other software systems.
- Infrastructure requirements (availability, performance, security, latent capacity and scalability).
We will be pleased to provide an estimate for your project.
Custom vs off-the-shelf software: What's the difference?
- Lower costs in the short run
- No or little time is needed to start using software
- Large solutions with the “one-size-fits-all” feature set
- Scheduled, standard updates
- Limited integrations with other systems
- Predictable price
- Lower costs in the long run
- Needs time to develop (3-6 months, 6-12 months, and more)
- Lean solutions with tailored feature set
- Unlimited scalability
- On-demand evolution and new feature delivery
- Freedom to integrate with any other systems (your legacy software, third-party systems)
- Can become a unique competitive advantage
- Can be productized
WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS TO INNOVATE AND INFLUENCE
We employ our hands-on experience in cutting-edge technologies to help our customers get the most of modern tech capabilities and stay ahead of the competition.
We employ the proven combination of the latest and classic trusted technologies, having the following technology stack as our basis:
Cloud databases (DBaaS)
Google Cloud Platform
FAQ on Custom Software Development
Answered by Boris Shiklo, Chief Technology Officer at ScienceSoft
What engagement models does ScienceSoft offer?
We offer full process outsourcing, dedicated team, and staff augmentation. The outsourcing model choice depends on the nature of customer needs (improve the development process or fill specific skill gaps) and the desired level of project control.
One more question
What development methodologies does ScienceSoft use?
We commonly use Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to enable fast releases and easy changes. In case accurately predictable budgets/timelines or adherence to industry regulations are in demand, we employ Waterfall. And we offer the Iterative model when a customer wants both project flexibility and predictability.
We Deliver with Speed, Quality and Agility
The success of our software comes from:
- A dedicated PM for each project who organizes the work for the benefit of transparency and visibility, coordinates communication with your in-house team and third parties, continuously re-evaluates requirements and manages risks.
- Effective collaboration with project stakeholders.
- All-round requirements analysis and management
Learn what comprehensive requirements management includes
Requirements Analysis & Management
To a large extent, the success of custom software development depends on the right understanding of the business problem it is aimed to solve. Thus, solid requirements management is at the core of custom software development. This process usually includes:
- Investigation of a business situation, analysis of project stakeholders.
- Understanding user tasks and goals and business objectives.
- Understanding the environment software will be used in.
- Functional and non-functional needs elicitation.
- Requirements modeling, detailing, agreement, prioritization, and documenting.
- Conflicting requirements resolution.
- Assessing the feasibility of a software solution, identification and evaluation of alternatives.
- Focus on quality at every stage of software development life cycle.
- Clean and stable code; future-proof architecture (mobile-, integration-, cloud-ready; SOA, microservices-based, etc.).
- Rapid prototyping, fast delivery of first version and iterative development further.
- Lean UX design.
- Development in a view of undemanding support and smooth evolution.
- Mature DevOps culture, strong background in containerized environments, cloud computing, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).