Custom Software Development Services
Custom software development is the process of designing and building software solutions to address unique needs of a specific organization. With 31 years in IT, ScienceSoft provides all-round custom software development services to deploy highly customized software with speed and quality.
Enterprise resource & process management
- Asset management
- Project & task management
- Resource & workload management
- PLM, PIM
- HR and talent management
- Sales & marketing automation
- Risk management
- Compliance management
- Document management
Financial management & accounting
- Budgeting and planning
- Invoicing and billing
- Cash management
- Revenue management
- Expense management
- Financial audit
Knowledge & productivity
Supply chain management
- Inventory management and optimization
- Order management
- Warehouse management
- Procurement and vendor management
- Delivery management
Their [ScienceSoft's] work will help us achieve a higher level of communication with our diverse workforce by creating a repository of information, communication and event management tools. We have already seen an increase in event participation and use of the tools built into the site which allow the employees to have a greater part in self-managing their needs.
Denise Yarian, People and Culture Manager at Autosoft, a US-based provider of dealer management software
Industry Solutions We Offer
We develop all types of industry-specific software. Below are the most demanded solutions:
- Insurance claim management
- Claim estimation
- Injury management
- Advanced data analytics
Our subject-matter experts will assess your needs and come up with possible software solutions. They’ll advise on techs and architecture design, as well as provide a rough estimation of time and costs.
End-to-end Software Development
We will support you through the full software development cycle – from initial needs analysis to the implementation and adoption of the new software solution.
Legacy Software Modernization
To help you get more agility and efficiency, we can re-code or re-architect your legacy solutions with modern techs and architectural patterns, migrate them to the cloud, extend their reach and functionality, and more.
We can integrate new software with other tools you already use – be they custom-made or platform-based – like ERP, CRM, PDM, MES, vendor and customer portals, and more.
We can build clean, secure and well-documented APIs to help you extend enterprise-wide automation or enable smooth integration of your custom solution with other internal or external systems.
We can take over responsibility for consistent performance management, troubleshooting, evolution and change management to keep your software healthy, relevant and high-performing.
Our first project with ScienceSoft involved development of custom trade promotion solution. The task was accomplished in a highly productive and efficient way, and marked the start of successful and mutually beneficial cooperation between Leo Burnett and ScienceSoft. We appreciate their proactive approach and ability to suggest improvements to a prospective solution on both architectural and business levels.
Mikhail Anfimau, Senior Solution Architect at Leo Burnett Worldwide, a globally active advertising agency based in Chicago
Built in just 3 weeks, the solution monitors the herbs stock at the stages of harvesting, internal packaging and storing, automatically extracts the info from the electronic scale, and generates PDF barcodes and inventory reports.
The solution allows specifying various parameters of the well development workflow; assigning tasks to team members; tracking the tasks and notifying relevant parties about specific events.
The solution allows assigning care team members to each patient and notifying the selected members about the specific patient events in line with the RACI matrix.
The system consists of two applications – field planning tool and market integrated platform, and allows creating trade marketing plans within a certain geographical area.
The solution supports money transfers using a unique generated code, split payments, setting up card spending limits, creating virtual cards and more.
The tool allows assessing the efficiency of each location with customizable checklists on hygiene, health and safety of food, response time and more.
The solution helps to measure the engagement, identifies the preferences of a particular user, spots trends in the users’ behavior, predicts user behavior, invoice advertisers, and more.
The system contains questionnaires for employee assessment, forms to set performance goals, and performance improvement plans for managers.
The solution allows financial and investment professionals to track their activities with bonds and acquire reports.
The cost of custom software development depends on your project’s scale and complexity shaped by multiple factors, such as:
- Software type and a number of platforms supported (web, mobile, desktop).
- Number and complexity of software features.
- Design uniqueness and complexity.
- Number and complexity of integrations with other software systems.
- Infrastructure requirements (availability, performance, security, latent capacity and scalability).
We will be pleased to provide an estimate for your project.
Custom vs off-the-shelf software: What's the difference?
- Lower costs in the short run
- No or little time is needed to start using software
- Large solutions with the “one-size-fits-all” feature set
- Scheduled, standard updates
- Limited integrations with other systems
- Predictable price
- Lower costs in the long run
- Needs time to develop (3-6 months, 6-12 months, and more)
- Lean solutions with tailored feature set
- Unlimited scalability
- On-demand evolution and new feature delivery
- Freedom to integrate with any other systems (your legacy software, third-party systems)
- Can become a unique competitive advantage
- Can be productized
WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS TO INNOVATE AND INFLUENCE
We employ our hands-on experience in cutting-edge technologies to help our customers get the most of modern tech capabilities and stay ahead of the competition.
We employ the proven combination of the latest and classic trusted technologies, having the following technology stack as our basis:
Cloud databases (DBaaS)
We Deliver with Speed, Quality and Agility
The success of our software comes from:
- A dedicated PM for each project who organizes the work for the benefit of transparency and visibility, coordinates communication with your in-house team and third parties, continuously re-evaluates requirements and manages risks.
- Effective collaboration with project stakeholders.
- All-round requirements analysis and management
Requirements Analysis & Management
To a large extent, the success of custom software development depends on the right understanding of the business problem it is aimed to solve. Thus, solid requirements management is at the core of custom software development. This process usually includes:
- Investigation of a business situation, analysis of project stakeholders.
- Understanding user tasks and goals and business objectives.
- Understanding the environment software will be used in.
- Functional and non-functional needs elicitation.
- Requirements modeling, detailing, agreement, prioritization, and documenting.
- Conflicting requirements resolution.
- Assessing the feasibility of a software solution, identification and evaluation of alternatives.
- Focus on quality at every stage of software development life cycle.
- Clean and stable code; future-proof architecture (mobile-, integration-, cloud-ready; SOA, microservices-based, etc.).
- Rapid prototyping, fast delivery of first version and iterative development further.
- Lean UX design.
- Development in a view of undemanding support and smooth evolution.
- Mature DevOps culture, strong background in containerized environments, cloud computing, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).