Custom Software Development Services
Custom software development is the process of designing, building, integrating, scaling, and upgrading software solutions to address the pressing needs or achieve objectives of your specific business.
ScienceSoft delivers high-grade custom software to a wide range of clients – from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized businesses. Distilling 31 years of experience in IT, expertise across various technology stacks and in 26 industries, we can help you to solve complex challenges with reliable and agile digital solutions.
WHAT INDUSTRY ARE YOU FROM?
We’ve mastered a wide range of industries but have the strongest track record in such domains as manufacturing, healthcare, retail, marketing and advertising, telecommunications, oil and gas, banking, insurance, logistics, professional services, and education.
Tailored solutions for every type of business process
We deliver custom web, mobile and desktop software solutions that broadly fall under 3 main categories – management of B2B, B2C interactions and internal operations. Our software confidently works across all popular browsers, OSes and mobile platforms, scales to millions of users and delivers immaculate UX through a clear, logical layout and smooth workflows.
- Task management software
- Marketing management tools
- Sales automation software
- Field service management software
- Asset management software
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Industry-specific solutions (electronic health record (EHR), manufacturing execution systems (MES))
- Collaboration systems
- Document management systems
If you’d like to launch a software solution to market and distribute it to mass enterprise/consumer users, you can find more relevant info in our outsourced product development offering.
Their [ScienceSoft's] work will help us achieve a higher level of communication with our diverse workforce by creating a repository of information, communication and event management tools. We have already seen an increase in event participation and use of the tools built into the site which allow the employees to have a greater part in self-managing their needs.
Denise Yarian, People and Culture Manager at Autosoft, a US-based provider of dealer management software
Why Develop with ScienceSoft
Our first project with ScienceSoft involved development of custom trade promotion solution. The task was accomplished in a highly productive and efficient way, and marked the start of successful and mutually beneficial cooperation between Leo Burnett and ScienceSoft. We appreciate their proactive approach and ability to suggest improvements to a prospective solution on both architectural and business levels.
Mikhail Anfimau, Senior Solution Architect at Leo Burnett Worldwide, a globally active advertising agency based in Chicago
Our Hallmark Custom Software Development Projects
Built in just 3 weeks, the solution monitors the herbs stock at the stages of harvesting, internal packaging and storing, automatically extracts the info from the electronic scale, and generates PDF barcodes and inventory reports.
The solution allows specifying various parameters of the well development workflow; assigning tasks to team members; tracking the tasks and notifying relevant parties about specific events.
The solution allows assigning care team members to each patient and notifying the selected members about the specific patient events in line with the RACI matrix.
The system consists of two applications – field planning tool and market integrated platform, and allows creating trade marketing plans within a certain geographical area.
The solution supports money transfers using a unique generated code, split payments, setting up card spending limits, creating virtual cards and more.
The tool allows assessing the efficiency of each location with customizable checklists on hygiene, health and safety of food, response time and more.
The solution helps to measure the engagement, identifies the preferences of a particular user, spots trends in the users’ behavior, predicts user behavior, invoice advertisers, and more.
The system contains questionnaires for employee assessment, forms to set performance goals, and performance improvement plans for managers.
The solution allows financial and investment professionals to track their activities with bonds and acquire reports.
Choose your service option
With proven capabilities, our subject-matter experts will assess your problem and come up with possible software solutions. They’ll advise on techs and architecture design, as well as provide the scalability and security roadmaps, a rough estimation of time and costs, and more.
End-to-end Software Development
Bringing together a pool of experts with various skills and expertise, we will support you through the full software development cycle – from initial needs analysis to the implementation and adoption of the new software solution.
Legacy Software Modernization
To help you get more agility and efficiency, we can re-code or re-architect your legacy solutions with modern techs and architectural patterns, migrate them to the cloud, extend their reach and functionality, and more.
We can integrate new software with other tools you already use – be they custom-made or platform-based – like ERP, CRM, PDM, MES, vendor and customer portals, and more.
Our experts can build clean, secure and well-documented APIs to help you extend enterprise-wide automation or enable smooth and easy integration of your custom solution with other internal or external systems and subsystems.
We can take over responsibility for consistent performance management, troubleshooting, evolution and change management to keep your software healthy, relevant and high-performing.
Custom vs off-the-shelf software: What's the difference?
- Lower costs in the short run
- No or little time is needed to start using software
- Large solutions with the “one-size-fits-all” feature set
- Scheduled, standard updates
- Limited integrations with other systems
- Predictable price
- Lower costs in the long run
- Needs time to develop (3-6 months, 6-12 months, and more)
- Lean solutions with tailored feature set
- Unlimited scalability
- On-demand evolution and new feature delivery
- Freedom to integrate with any other systems (your legacy software, third-party systems)
- Can become a unique competitive advantage
- Can be productized
WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS TO INNOVATE AND INFLUENCE
We employ our hands-on experience with the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning, computer vision, augmented reality and blockchain to help our customers get the most of modern tech capabilities and stay ahead of competition.
TECHNOLOGIES we use
We employ the proven combination of the latest and classic trusted technologies, having the following technology stack as our basis:
We Deliver with Speed, Quality and Agility
The success of our software comes from:
- A dedicated PM for each project who organizes the work for the benefit of transparency and visibility, coordinates communication with your in-house team and third parties, continuously re-evaluates requirements and manages risks.
- Effective collaboration with project stakeholders.
- All-round requirements analysis and management
Requirements Analysis & Management
To a large extent, the success of custom software development depends on the right understanding of the business problem it is aimed to solve. Thus, solid requirements management is at the core of custom software development. This process usually includes:
- Investigation of a business situation, analysis of project stakeholders.
- Understanding user tasks and goals and business objectives.
- Understanding the environment software will be used in.
- Functional and non-functional needs elicitation.
- Requirements modeling, detailing, agreement, prioritization, and documenting.
- Conflicting requirements resolution.
- Assessing the feasibility of a software solution, identification and evaluation of alternatives.
- Focus on quality at every stage of software development life cycle.
- Clean and stable code; future-proof architecture (mobile-, integration-, cloud-ready; SOA, microservices-based, etc.).
- Rapid prototyping, fast delivery of first version and iterative development further.
- Lean UX design.
- Development in a view of undemanding support and smooth evolution.
- Mature DevOps culture, strong background in containerized environments, cloud computing, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).