Testing Services for Business-Critical Applications
Application testing ensures each aspect of your software: functioning, integrations, performance, usability, and security is defect-free and fully compliant with its requirements.
With 33 years in software testing services, ScienceSoft can validate the quality either of a single business-critical application or the entire software ecosystem, contributing to your business continuity.
- 75+ full-time testing professionals.
- ISTQB-certified test engineers.
- ISO 9001-certified quality management system.
- Test artefacts required by ISO/IEC 29119 standards.
- Self-managed testing teams.
- The security of your business data ensured by ISO 27001 certificate.
- Adherence to diverse software development methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, etc.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times.
Our Industry Expertise
Our testing services ensure your application is compliant with industry-specific standards and regulations (for example, HIPAA, GAMP, PCI DSS, etc.).
Banking and financial services
Application Testing Types We Provide
ScienceSoft's testing experts develop a tailored testing strategy and plan to address the specifics of your business and project, the application's tech stack and architecture.
Our test engineers are experienced with the following applications:
By their purpose
Financial management systems
B2B and B2C portals
Document management systems
Order processing systems
By their nature
Either it’s a document management app or a multi-functional CRM, our test engineers can ensure your web application lives up to its requirements. We pay special attention to the app's:
- Smooth functioning and integrations with other apps.
- Cross-browser compatibility and localization.
- Performance under planned and stress load, unstable internet connection.
- General data security requirements (for example, implied by GDPR) and specific compliance standards (HIPAA, GAMP, PCI DSS, etc).
Since 2005 in mobile testing, ScienceSoft’s team can efficiently manage mobile testing specifics implied by:
- Target OSs, their versions, and device fragmentation.
- Mobile interruptions (e.g., a dead battery, calls, texts, and push notifications).
- Integrations with built-in mobile features (e.g., a camera and a GPS chip).
- Security standards (e.g., OWASP Mobile Application Security Verification Standard (MASVS) version 1.1.3).
- Usability requirements (e.g., based on mobile application design guidelines and UI kits as Google’s Material Design for Android and Human Interface Guidelines for iOS).
By technologies involved
We can ensure the application’s quality with the focus on the riskiest aspects bound to the following technologies:
ScienceSoft’s testing team validates the functioning of an application for you to be sure that it:
- Facilitates the daily tasks of employees using it.
- Complies with your specific business rules and their complex interdependencies.
- Fully meets your functional requirements.
- The existing functions aren't disrupted during the application evolution.
- The newly introduced features function correctly.
To ensure the robustness of your IT environment, ScienceSoft’s testing teams validate:
- Correctness of communication and interdependencies between different application modules/microservices.
- Smooth end-to-end functioning of a complex application.
- Functioning of business workflows comprising a number of enterprise apps.
- Integrity of business data shared by the integrated enterprise apps.
To ensure your application’s performance stays reliable and stable, when it comes to peak load, load spikes, growing number of users, ScienceSoft testing teams carry out:
- Load testing.
- Stress testing.
- Scalability testing.
- Stability testing.
To ensure the application provides pleasant UX, ScienceSoft’s usability experts check:
- Information availability and content layout.
- Logical arrangement of the UI elements (e.g., icons, buttons, and navigation components).
- Number of usage steps in the workflows based on the specific needs of different app user groups.
To check the application’s resistance to diverse cyber-threats and provide tailored recommendations on its improvement, ScienceSoft’s security engineers can perform:
- Vulnerability assessment.
- Penetration testing.
- DDoS testing.
- Security audit.
- Security code review.
Depending on your business needs and priorities, ScienceSoft offers the following cooperation models:
Continuous testing during the SDLC
ScienceSoft’s test engineers can join your project at any SDLC stage and perform comprehensive API and UI functional, integration, compatibility, regression, and exploratory testing.
One-time testing (e.g., acceptance testing)
ScienceSoft's testing teams perform a single-round set of comprehensive testing activities to ensure the solution fully complies with its requirements and is high-quality enough to go live.
Continuous testing during the entire application life cycle
ScienceSoft testing experts can provide all-around testing services (including functional, integration, compatibility testing; regression, exploratory, new features' testing; performance, usability, security testing) to be baked into your application’s development, evolution, and support.
Our Approach to Application Testing
ScienceSoft keeps to the application testing process focused on the following principles.
Testing with a focus on business goals
We see an application not as a single-standing piece of software but a part of a complex business environment. Thus, our QA and testing professionals perform testing with primary attention to your business goals.
For this, they:
- Ensure our test strategy and plan, user stories, test scenarios, and test data are maximum true-to-life and driven by your actual business needs.
- Prioritize ongoing testing activities with regard to your current requirements that may be subject to change.
We prioritize testing activities according to the possible damage that an application defect can cause when it’s found by end users. Thus, the software issues bound to the highest risks are validated upfront.
This approach is particularly viable to fit multiple testing activities into tight iteration deadlines imposed by Agile, DevOps, CI/CD projects.
To keep track of the ongoing testing activities and adequately assess their effectiveness, you need relevant test documentation. Our test engineers stick to corresponding ISO/IEC 29119 standards and provide:
- Test strategy and plan.
- Test design and test procedure specifications.
- Test execution and test summary reports.
- Defect descriptions.
- Test suites.
Test team’s collaboration with development and support teams
Development and testing alignment is of utmost importance to ScienceSoft as it helps project teams meet iteration deadlines and steadily deliver smoothly functioning software.
ScienceSoft’s test leads and QA managers cater to inter-team communication by:
- Sharing daily and weekly tasks of each project team member.
- Initiating and holding regular meeting and calls.
- Continuously adjusting testing activities to current issues in the application's development, support, and maintenance process.
Balanced automated and manual testing
ScienceSoft adheres to the proprietary Integrated Manual and Automated Testing (IMAAT) approach to optimize testing time.
Our test automation leads analyze automated testing feasibility and calculate its ROI for each testing project. If it’s lucrative enough, we develop reusable test scripts for automated UI and API testing and introduce test automation within 3 weeks.
All Application Services
Application Testing Services
Maintenance and Support
Virtual & Augmented Reality