Mobile Application Support and Maintenance Services
Mobile app support and maintenance services help to ensure that mobile apps always have relevant functionality and faultless performance. In the domain since 2005, we offer IT and non-IT companies continuous support and maintenance as well as dynamic evolution of mobile applications.
Hotfix deployment in less than 24 hours after an urgent mobile app issue log
New mobile app feature/module rolled out every 2-6 weeks
Mobile app availability rate of 99.95% - 99.99% guaranteed
Why Choose ScienceSoft
Support and Maintenance of iOS and Android Banking Apps
- Cooperation since 2016.
- Services cover troubleshooting (L2-L3), performance monitoring, and evolution.
- Added 10+ new features that helped the customer preserve their leadership on the national market.
Support and Maintenance of Educational Mobile Apps
- L2-L3 support, performance monitoring, and infrastructure health checks.
- Azure database optimization that reduced maintenance costs by 25%.
- App migration from Cocoon.io to Cordova for compatibility with new Android/iOS versions.
Maintenance of a Hospital App Developed with React Native
- Enhancement of a care coordination mobile app with a sophisticated alert module.
- App integration with sensors on room doors.
- Further app evolution: co-worker group chat and video calls are added.
Maintenance of an Android Banking App
- Full code refactoring to Kotlin.
- Iterative development with releases every 2 weeks.
- Development of 12+ new features, including AI-based chatbot and Forex trading.
- App’s Google Play score increased to 4 after modernization.
Continuous Maintenance of IPTV and SVOD Apps
- 5+ years of cooperation with a streaming services provider powering Fox Entertainment, MTV, Discovery, and BBC.
- Support and enhancement of iOS, Android, and web apps.
The Scope of Our Services
ScienceSoft renders L1, L2, and L3 application support and provides corrective, adaptive, preventive, and perfective maintenance of your mobile software.
Mobile App Support
Providing pro-active user assistance
Guiding materials for app users:
- App technical information.
- Knowledge base with convenient search.
Pricing model: Fixed price – you pay for us to prepare user guidance materials for your mobile app, the costs of information updates are reduced.
Solving basic usage issues
- Receiving, logging, and prioritizing requests submitted via in-app support forms, text/call chat, etc.
- Consulting users on how to solve basic issues (mobile app registration, subscription, etc.)
- Escalating unsolved issues to L2 support and providing users with status updates until resolution.
Pricing model: Price per ticket – we define the L1 ticket cost, and you pay at the end of the month for the number of tickets we resolve.
Fixing issues related to app/server configuration
- Fixing issues by changing configuration settings in mobile apps’ client side and back end.
- Resolving app-server synchronization and other infrastructure issues.
- Logging issues that require code changes for further investigation and escalating them to L3.
Pricing model: Price per ticket – we define the L2 ticket cost, and you pay at the end of the month for the number of tickets we resolve.
Solving mobile app issues via comprehensive code changes
- Fixing bugs by tweaking code of the mobile app and server.
- Resolving critical device/OS compatibility issues and addressing urgent security/compliance issues.
- Adjusting existing mobile app integrations.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay each month for our continuous L3 support services at a reduced hourly rate.
Mobile App Maintenance
Mobile App Evolution
Introducing enhancements to a mobile application
- Developing new app features and modules (including those with AR, IoT, biometrics, AI, and other innovative tech features.)
- Providing mobile app updates to ensure new device/OS compatibility.
- Introducing new integrations with other apps or services.
- Mobile app re-architecting and code refactoring.
Pricing model: T&M with a cap – we charge for hours & efforts spent on evolution and send invoice reflecting them at the end of the month.
Ensuring the safety and integrity of business and user data
- All-around mobile app security monitoring and diagnostics of configuration errors.
- Vulnerability assessment and documentation.
- Security code audit and code review.
- Penetration and security testing.
- Mitigation of uncovered vulnerabilities with hotfixes or urgent app updates.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay each month for our security management services at a reduced hourly rate.
Performance Management & QA
Continuously testing & optimizing mobile app operation
- Monitoring of mobile application performance to ensure fast issue detection.
- Mobile app code, server, and database optimization to improve app performance.
- Mobile testing, including functional, performance, and compatibility testing.
- Usability and accessibility testing.
- UX audits.
Pricing model: T&M with a cap – we charge for hours & efforts spent on performance management + QA and send invoice reflecting them at the end of the month.
Maintaining app compliance with all required regulations
- Diagnostics of the apps’ compliance with iOS and Android guidelines as well as industry-specific standards (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS).
- (for apps distributed via stores) Monitoring changes in requirements and policies of App Store and Google Play.
- Following up on uncovered inconsistencies with OS guidelines, industry regulations, and store policies by rolling out patches or scheduling an update in the release plan.
Pricing model: Monthly subscription fee – you pay each month for our compliance management services at a reduced hourly rate.
How We Launch Cooperation
Request analysis (< 1 week)
We analyze your business needs, review technology stack, audit your mobile app functionality, and define the scope of mobile app support and maintenance services.
Service planning and SLA preparation (2-3 weeks)
We discuss the services in details and reflect them in the SLA, which usually outlines: support hours (e.g., 8/5, 12/5, 24/5, 24/7 servicing), support levels, support KPIs, app performance requirements, maintenance KPIs, mobile app evolution roadmap, etc.
Responsibility transfer (< 1 week)
To set up all workflows according to the SLA, we create standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Service launch (1-2 days)
Our team starts providing support and maintenance services. We track their progress with a set of defined KPIs and give you access to our reporting tools.
How We Ensure Reliable & Impactful Cooperation
Progress tracked by KPIs
To ensure the highest productivity of our support and maintenance specialists, we monitor their performance with such KPIs as: time to respond, resolution rate, number of change requests, stakeholder satisfaction, etc. For maximum transparency, we regularly report the KPI data to you.
Understanding the need for uninterrupted mobile app support and maintenance, we guarantee the stability and consistency of our services. With 62% of ScienceSoft’s revenue coming from long-term engagements, we know the value of lasting partnerships and work to satisfy our clients' demands even as they change over time.
Data security in focus
We have received our ISO 27001 certificate by proving that all processes in our mobile projects ensure secure, diligent treatment of business and user data. By trusting us with support and maintenance of your mobile app, you can rest assured that all your data is in the hands of security experts.
Technologies We Use
Keep Your Mobile App Efficient and Relevant with ScienceSoft
Please briefly describe your mobile application support and maintenance needs, and our team will get back to you in 30 minutes to schedule the initial discussion.