CRM Testing Services Focused on Business Continuity
CRM testing is aimed to ensure the smooth functioning of complex CRM workflows, CRM data consistency and security, and seamless integration with other enterprise solutions.
With 15 years in CRM testing, ScienceSoft provides expert functionality, integration, compatibility, security, and usability testing of both custom and platform-based CRM systems.
- 75+ full-time QA professionals.
- More than 700 completed testing projects since 2010.
- ISTQB-certified test engineers.
- Mature quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification.
- Data security management certified by ISO 27001.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
We provide testing services for the following CRM platforms:
Our test engineers are ready to carry out testing of on-premises and cloud-based, web and mobile CRM solutions with relevant and battle-tested frameworks and tools.
CRM Aspects We Test
To make sure all functions are carried out as stated in the CRM requirements specification ScienceSoft’s test engineers validate vast CRM functionality:
- Sales: for example, customized automated communication with prospects via IP telephony, emails, web forms, lead and cases assignment.
- Marketing: including automated campaign and event management, email marketing and social media integration.
- Customer service: case management, assignment and prioritization, etc.
Our test engineers check each CRM integration (with a data warehouse, document management software, ERP, an ecommerce platform, a point of sale system, external analytical software). This is done to validate appropriate data passing to and from the external systems, data accuracy, data changes saved and displayed in all the involved systems correctly, the consistency of data formats, and the absence of unnecessary dependencies.
Even if your CRM is quick and slick in daily use, you need to be sure it can endure peak sales periods like Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Performance testing determines whether your CRM is truly scalable and stable. Our test team simulates hundreds or thousands of virtual users working with CRM simultaneously to check its response time and loading speed, the maximum number of users, peak hours’ performance and endurance under continuous load.
Your CRM contains vast amounts of sensitive customer data, which makes it vulnerable to data breaches. So, ScienceSoft’s test team executes vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and other activities for your CRM to be truly secure. Besides, CRM is used by multiple employees with different access levels. Thus, you need to be sure that each user has access corresponding precisely to their position. Our test engineers also perform role-based access control validation.
CRM should provide you with accurate statistics, which becomes the foundation for relevant sales forecasting. Our test team performs comprehensive data warehouse testing to check that your data warehouse doesn’t provide your CRM with incoherent or invalid data. Besides, to validate your CRM analytics results our test engineers test the consistency of data presentation in reports and dashboards.
CRM needs to be convenient and user-friendly. Otherwise, its bugged and inconvenient UI can make the dedicated employees just give up on it. Usability testing organized by our UX researchers gives an insight into how easy it is to use CRM and what UI improvements can be introduced.
Testing during CRM implementation
Best for: CRM implementation companies.
- Our independent CRM testing ensures your end customer's CRM functions correctly, enables smooth user journeys, and lives up to its performance requirements.
- We can step in at any stage of CRM development and implementation.
- Out testing teams adapt to the communication pattern and schedule, defects' reporting tools and processes convenient for your implementation team.
User acceptance testing
Best for: CRM ordering companies.
- ScienceSoft's CRM testing expertly validates the delivered CRM is fully compliant with its functional, usability, performance, security requirements.
- We perform CRM integration testing, checking the communication and data sharing between your CRM and other company systems to ensure flawless end-to-end business workflows and business data consistency.
Managed testing services
Best for: CRM ordering companies requiring continuous CRM testing.
- ScienceSoft performs the full scope of user acceptance CRM testing (including functional, performance, integration, security, usability testing).
- We proceed with exploratory, regression, and release testing to support your CRM smooth evolution.
- Our cybersecurity engineers can also perform regular security and compliance testing, if needed.
The analysis of a CRM requirements specification
ScienceSoft’s test team gets into a CRM project’s specifics and requirements. In case the set of requirements (including functional, UI, reliability, safety, operational) is incomplete, our QA manager is ready to step in and assist you with their gathering and compilation.
Testing risks analysis and mitigation plan development
Our test lead outlines the potential risks of a CRM testing project, evaluates possible losses, and decides on preventive actions. Early risks detection and a mitigation plan can help to avoid testing pitfalls and excessive spend on testing.
The development of a test strategy and a test plan
Our test lead develops a test strategy, the most comprehensive and high-level test document comprising testing objectives, scope, estimation of testing time, cost, human resources etc. Another significant test document created is the plan of future testing. It includes such testing essentials as test coverage, pass and fail test criteria, a test schedule. Both the documents are provided for your review and approval.
Test design and execution
Our test engineers design test cases and scenarios according to the test plan and execute them. ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers script the test cases suitable for automation and carry out automated testing. They use proven test automation tools (for instance, Selenium, Appium, Apache JMeter, Coded UI Tests) to make CRM testing faster and ensure vast test coverage unachievable with only manual efforts. ScienceSoft’s test team reports the found bugs using bug reporting procedures convenient for your CRM administrator or developers.
Test summary report
ScienceSoft’s test lead provides you with a test summary report. This report comprises the summary of testing activities, testing coverage, and found CRM defects.
Severe regression errors bound to CRM amendments
The initial CRM toolbox can’t be perfect and satisfy all user needs. Thus, CRM functionality requires constant improvement. CRM customizations, custom-developed add-ons or additionally purchased functionality may cause serious regression errors in varied and interconnected customer management processes. Some test teams tend to leave out regression testing after customizing OOTB features as such features are supposed to be ready-to-use. Our test team performs regression testing after all CRM changes and amendments, including seemingly harmless ones.
Irrelevant test automation
Vast CRM functionality, its multiple workflows, and large amounts of customer data make CRM testing suitable for automation. However, unwise test automation can result in excessive testing cost and time. Not every CRM testing project is appropriate for test automation. It is useless to automate tests for small-scale projects or the ones with an ever-changing set of requirements. ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers will advise on the scale of automated testing involvement appropriate precisely for your CRM testing project during the analysis of software requirements and potential testing risks.
Low CRM user adoption
User adoption is crucial for CRM success. Inconvenient and illogical CRM UI can make sales, marketing and customer support employees neglect some of CRM functions or even avoid using the system. ScienceSoft’s test team validates the usability of CRM navigation and structure, the logic of its workflows and use scenarios. In addition, out test engineers can trace possible touchpoints that CRM users come across while carrying out their daily tasks and ensure that CRM content is conveniently arranged and can be easily accessed.
All about Customer Relationship Management
Industry-Specific CRM Solutions
CRM Software Overview