Stress Testing Services
Make Sure Your Software Can Handle Extreme Load
With 22 years in test automation and hands-on experience in 30+ industries, ScienceSoft focuses on your business and software specifics to perform accurate stress testing and help improve system stability.
Stress testing is a type of performance testing that checks software robustness and stability under extreme load as well as the software ability to recover after a failure.
ScienceSoft usually starts with load testing to define the normal load and check how the system withstands it. Then, we exceed the normal load to see how software behaves in stress conditions.
We Test Software of Any Complexity
- Portals, including ecommerce applications.
- Enterprise software (e.g., ERP, CRM, BI).
- XaaS (streaming services, games, etc.)
- Blockchain systems.
- IoT systems.
- Telehealth solutions.
- Web apps.
- Mobile back ends.
- Desktop back ends.
By architecture and deployment
- All architecture types, including SOA and microservices.
- Cloud-based apps (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- On-premises apps.
- Hybrid software.
Stress Testing of Corporate Applications for a Wood Product Manufacturer
ScienceSoft checked how the customer’s corporate applications handled 3,000 users per hour. Based on the testing results, our team outlined the measures needed to eliminate the detected performance bottlenecks.
Load and Stress Testing of a VoIP Mobile App for a Regional Cyber Security Leader
To ensure full test coverage, our test engineers expanded the test suite from the existing 10 to 50+ test cases. After testing, the VoIP mobile app for iOS and Android performs well under suboptimal conditions both nationwide and globally.
Load and Stress Testing of HIE Software for US Healthcare Providers
ScienceSoft validated the Customer’s HIE software performance, data transfer rate, and response time under continuous and extreme load.
See Why Customers Entrust Their Software to Us
- We employ best testing practices gathered during 34 years in software testing.
- We rely on a mature quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification.
- Being ISO 27001-certified, we guarantee that cooperation with us does not pose any risks to our customers' data security.
- Our ISTQB-certified test engineers have experience in 30+ industries, including manufacturing, ecommerce, healthcare, BFSI, and telecommunications.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
Our customers say
Co-Founder and CEO
After looking through numerous candidates, we set our choice upon ScienceSoft and, over the course of our close cooperation, we haven’t regretted the decision. In terms of automated testing services, they fulfilled our expectations and became very valuable for the projects.
At the present moment, their specialists are working together with our employees in mixed teams smoothly, just as well integrated units. We would definitely recommend working with ScienceSoft as a long-term partner.
COO / Global Managing Director
I hired ScienceSoft to perform stress testing of our software. The team at ScienceSoft built a solid platform for stressing out servers, and it helped us uncover a variety of bugs and revisions that needed to built to our code. The team at ScienceSoft is professional and organized in every way possible. I look forward to working with this team again.
We contracted ScienceSoft to provide QA for a major Augmented Reality installation project, after extensive research, and we're really happy with our decision. The team were flexible, thorough and on-the-spot, and able to provide assistance for short-term mission critical testing. We'd happily recommend them to other mobile and immersive developers.
Steps We Follow During Stress Testing
Analyzing software performance requirements.
Preparing a load profile that:
- Marks the distribution of users by roles.
- Shows the software functionality to be covered for each user role.
- Describes the planned load level to be applied during testing.
- Outlines the load change pattern: a continuous or step-like increase in the number of virtual users.
Defining metrics to collect during the testing.
Creating test scripts that will simulate the required traffic and allow us to run several scenarios simultaneously.
Running tests, gradually increasing the load until the performance level falls below the established minimum or the system fails.
Analyzing the system's behavior to pinpoint weaknesses and bottlenecks:
- Verifying if the system displays appropriate error messages when it's under stress.
- Monitoring if the system is able to recover after a failure and registering the recovery time.
- Verifying whether the system has saved the data before crashing.
- Monitoring the system's functioning after the load returns to normal.
Creating a test report and software improvement plan, if necessary.
Integrating load and stress testing into the CI/CD pipeline to facilitate future checks.
Do We Share the Same Values?
ScienceSoft provides detailed and transparent testing documentation in accordance with ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2021, making the stress testing reports clear, actionable, and useful for future evolution of the system or further load & stress tests.
Realistic load profiles
We create realistic load profiles, paying attention to user roles and considering all relevant devices, browsers, protocols, and geographical regions. This way, we test your software in life-like conditions and help you ensure all the required functions will work well under extreme load.
Our testing experts opt for effective open-source tools like Apache JMeter and reuse test data from previously simulated scenarios to optimize testing costs and time.
Doubtful about Third-Party Stress Testing? We Address Top 3 Concerns
How can we be sure you’ll dive into the specifics of our software and understand its logic, user roles, and their behavior?
ScienceSoft’s test engineers know how to effectively cooperate with our customers’ IT and business teams to gather all the necessary information and build realistic load profiles. With our solid background in software development and testing for 30+ industries, we are ready to provide specialists that will understand your needs and adapt our testing approach to your software specifics.
Will testing under extreme load be safe for my software and IT infrastructure?
Before testing your software under extreme load, we estimate possible risks and design a risk mitigation plan. We always perform stress testing in a separate test environment and create all the necessary backups to easily roll back to the previous system condition.
Do you have the actual capacity to simulate the behavior of thousands of users?
Holding partnerships with AWS and Microsoft, ScienceSoft sets up a load generator in the cloud environment, which allows us to simulate an infinite number of users.
We Use Only Reliable Tools
Consider Stress Testing Services by ScienceSoft
ScienceSoft provides testing documentation in accordance with ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2021:
- Performance requirements specification.
- User scenario designs.
- Load profiles.
- Performance metrics to track.
- Optimal testing tools.
- Load test scripts/suites.
- Test reports, including root cause analysis and corrective measures to eliminate performance bottlenecks.
Check a sample set of metrics
Sample set of metrics:
- Response time.
- Concurrent users.
- Error rate.
- Recovery time.
- Failure of connection.
All about Performance Testing