Regression Testing Services
Entrust Your Software Sustainability to Experts
Relying on the decades-long experience in software testing and test automation services, ScienceSoft quickly dives into the project and software specifics and implements pragmatic regression testing with a feasible share of test automation.
Different kinds of software
- Mobile, web, and desktop apps.
- Software products including SaaS, and enterprise software (eCommerce applications, ERP, CRM, BPA, HCM, SCM, PPM, BI, portals, data warehouses).
- Cloud-based, on-premise, and hybrid software.
- All architecture types, including microservices and SOA-based apps.
- Apps powered by innovative techs (IoT, big data applications, blockchain, AI/ML, and others).
Custom and platform-based software
Including the following platforms:
- Adobe Commerce (Magento)
- Dynamics 365
- ServiceNow, etc.
A detailed regression test plan.
Designed tests cases and written automated test scripts for regression testing.
A list of defects found and submitted to the defects tracking system.
Test execution reports on a build/daily/weekly basis or any required schedule.
Test metrics reports according to the defined metrics and a test summary report.
Why Choose ScienceSoft as a Regression Testing Vendor
- 34 years in software testing and 22 years in automated testing services.
- 80% of test engineers have 10+ years of experience.
- ISTQB-certified test engineers.
- Standardized defects description, test cases design, and test reporting in accordance with ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2013.
- Established quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification.
- Experience in 30+ industries, including manufacturing, retail, wholesale, logistics, professional services, healthcare, financial services, oil & gas, and telecommunications.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
Popular Questions about Regression Testing Answered by ScienceSoft
1. Is automated regression testing expensive?
To reduce costs of test automation, ScienceSoft conducts a feasibility study to check whether regression testing automation is viable and proceeds with designing a testing automation strategy only when automation feasibility is proven. We also continuously optimize automation costs during the project, e.g., by prioritizing the functionality to automate and reusing the developed test cases.
2. Will it take long for an outsourced vendor to dive into the specifics of my software and project?
ScienceSoft’s test engineers:
- Get into your project specifics within 1-3 days.
- Set up the testing environment, write test scenarios and test scripts, and start automated testing activities within 3 weeks.
3. Will I be able to retain control over the testing process entrusting regression testing to a third-party vendor?
ScienceSoft provides regular reports on the fulfilled regression testing activities so that you can keep track of the project progress. The basic set of metrics may include:
- Percentage of software requirements covered by test cases.
- Number of test cases in a regression pack.
- Average test duration.
- Mean time to detect a defect.
- Average and total number of found defects (by severity/priority).
- Effort variance (the ratio between actual and estimated testing efforts).
- RTF Ratio (number of features passing automated tests/total number of completed features).
- Percentage of issues reported by software users or found during user acceptance testing and the defect leakage ratio.
Tools ScienceSoft Employs for Regression Testing
Selected Regression Testing Projects by ScienceSoft
Automated Regression Testing of a Healthcare Solution
With feasible automation of regression test cases, ScienceSoft’s testing team helped the Customer speed up regression testing, reduce testing costs, and deliver a high-quality healthcare solution on time.
Automation of Regression Testing with Appium for a Secure Mobile App
By conducting regression testing, ScienceSoft helped the Customer verify the updated application’s functionality for iOS and Android platforms. With a reasonable share of automation in regression testing, the Customer managed to lessen human and financial resources on testing.
One-time regression testing
ScienceSoft checks your software’s proper functioning and, if needed, hands over the established regression testing process to your in-house team or a vendor.
Continuous regression testing
Working closely with your development and testing teams, ScienceSoft conducts regression testing throughout the SDLC and software evolution, supporting the high speed and quality of releases.
Consulting on regression testing
ScienceSoft advises on:
- Regression testing amount and schedule.
- Functionality to be tested and test cases prioritization.
- Optimal degree of automation and selection of test automation tools.
- Efficient ways of integrating regression testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
Software requirements analysis
- Analyzing the existing software requirements and developed functionality (if any), and architecture.
- Diving into project workflows, schedule, frequency of releases, etc.
- Establishing collaboration with the development and testing teams.
Test planning and test design
- Designing the regression testing strategy and creating a test plan.
- Conducting a test automation feasibility study and deciding on the ratio of manual and automated tests.
- Selecting and configuring testing tools.
- Identifying software components or modules that were changed, as well as their potential impact on the existing features.
- Designing test cases.
- Preparing test data.
- Developing test automation scripts.
Test execution and result reporting
- Setting up a testing environment.
- Executing manual and/or automated regression tests.
- Collecting, merging, and reporting testing results according to the preferred schedule for developers to fix.