Insurance Software Testing and QA Services
Your Software Quality is Our Top Priority
Leveraging 33 years in software testing and 10 years in IT for insurance, ScienceSoft helps businesses in the domain ensure high quality, security, and full regulatory compliance of insurance software.
Insurance software testing and QA services are needed to make sure that the target software is secure, fully meets its users’ needs, and complies with relevant regulations.
Relying on 10 years of experience in the insurance IT, ScienceSoft offers professional quality assessment and comprehensive functional and non-functional testing services. We help reduce insurance software development and testing costs by timely detecting and eliminating software issues, as well as avoid financial and reputational losses by performing regular security and compliance audits.
Scope of Our Insurance Testing and QA Services
Who we work with
- Insurance companies.
- Insurtech startups.
- Insurance software product companies.
Technology we are proficient in
- Mobile, web, desktop apps.
- Cloud-based software and SaaS, big data apps.
- Insurance databases.
- Insurance IoT ecosystems.
- Insurance IT infrastructures.
- Blockchain-based insurance apps.
- Microservices-based and serverless apps.
Insurance software we test
- Underwriting software.
- Claim management systems.
- Policy administration systems.
- Billing software.
- Agency management systems.
- Insurance portals.
- Insurance marketplaces.
- Customer-facing insurance apps.
Testing types we provide
- Manual and automated testing.
- Functional testing, including regression and integration testing.
- Usability, localization, and compatibility testing.
- Performance testing.
- Security and compliance testing.
- Exploratory testing.
Prompt service delivery
- 1–3 days to dive into the project specifics and get down to service delivery.
- From 2 weeks to integrate all testing activities into your development processes and iteration deadlines.
- 1–2 hours to validate urgent software fixes.
Flexible cooperation and pricing models
ScienceSoft can provide you with individual QA talents or dedicated QA teams as well as take responsibility for the entire QA function as a managed testing provider.
We offer multiple pricing models suitable for different service variations:
- T&M (with a cap)
- Fixed price
- Hourly fee.
ScienceSoft establishes KPI-based testing processes to ensure quality service delivery. We provide test documentation required by ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2021:
- A detailed test plan.
- Written test cases and test automation scripts.
- Defect descriptions.
- Regular test reports (test execution reports, test summary reports, defects reports).
- Practice-proven expertise in testing complex and innovative insurance solutions powered with advanced techs (AI, big data, IoT, blockchain) and entire insurance IT ecosystems.
- An ISO 27001-certified security management system to ensure full protection of our clients’ sensitive data.
- A mature quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification.
- Experienced in-house compliance experts to ensure software compliance with IFRS17, CCPA, CPRA, GLBA, SAMA, MCEV principles, GDPR, NYDFS, HIPAA, and other regulations.
- ISTQB-certified QA consultants on board.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by the Financial Times.
- Trusted by global leaders.
ScienceSoft in Numbers
in IT services for insurance
in software testing and QA
satisfied customers globally
successful testing projects
test engineers on board
the team members’ average experience
ScienceSoft’s Featured Projects: See How We Test Insurance Software
Full-Cycle Testing of a Web Application for Car Insurance Claim Estimation
ScienceSoft performed comprehensive functional and non-functional testing of a web application for car insurance claim estimation and ensured its correct functioning, UI responsiveness, compatibility with the required platforms, and multi-language support.
QA Consulting and Testing of Web Applications for Insurance Claim Estimation
ScienceSoft’s consultants elaborated a QA strategy and a test plan and conducted exhaustive testing of web apps for insurance claim estimation. As a result, the insurance software provider improved its QA processes from Level 1 to Level 3 according to the TMMi model and began releasing fully functional software builds every 2 to 4 weeks.
Automated Testing for Insurance Estimation Software of a Worldwide Insurance Company
Within short timeframes, ScienceSoft performed comprehensive automated testing of the insurance estimation software, reaching 90-95% test coverage and ensuring the application’s smooth operation.
Intranet Performance Assessment for an International Insurance Company
ScienceSoft conducted a thorough assessment of the Intranet elements, revealed all critical bottlenecks, and provided recommendations on issues elimination. As a result, the insurance company implemented the improvements suggested by ScienceSoft’s team and achieved stable performance of its Intranet environment.
Network Penetration Testing for a US Insurance Service Provider
ScienceSoft’s security experts performed network penetration testing for an insurance services vendor and provided detailed recommendations for improving its network security.
AWS Cloud Security Assessment and Recurring Infrastructure Pentesting for a US Insurance Company
Within 8 days, ScienceSoft performed an in-depth security assessment of AWS cloud resources and provided a detailed report on vulnerability remediation. For the next 2 years, ScienceSoft regularly conducted penetration testing of the Customer’s IT infrastructure, ensuring high security of the IT environment.
Quality Services – Happy Customers
Co-Founder and COO
ScienceSoft’s team has carried out manual functional testing of our products and cross-browser testing for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. They also created test cases for regression testing of certain modules of the products. We appreciate ScienceSoft’s scrupulousness and proactive approach – the team has regularly suggested improvements to the products’ functionality based on the found issues.
We've been working with ScienceSoft for almost a year and it has been a great experience throughout. The team is very professional, well-organized, and is always on top of the finer details. We're impressed by their passion for solving problems and implementing improvements. This is exactly what a long-term, harmonious partnership should look like.
Throughout security testing activities, ScienceSoft’s cybersecurity team proved to be result-oriented and attentive to detail. The team responded quickly and produced useful reports which were easy to understand and implement if required. ScienceSoft has proved to be a competent cybersecurity partner who can deliver high-quality testing services within the deadlines provided. We consider ScienceSoft a trusted business partner and plan to continue our working relationship with them.
COO / Global Managing Director
I hired ScienceSoft to stress test an online cloud platform that needed to prove both stability and accuracy. The team at ScienceSoft built a solid platform for stressing out servers, and it helped us uncover a variety of bugs and revisions that needed to be built into our code. The team at ScienceSoft is professional and organized in every way possible. I look forward to working with this team again.
ScienceSoft is the name we would recommend to every company seeking a committed IT services provider. We have been working with ScienceSoft for 6 years and they have become our long-term technology partner. ScienceSoft professional and knowledgeable staff has the willingness to endeavor best efforts to ensure project success. What we are especially impressed with is the high quality of the deliverables.
-20-40% testing costs due to:
- Our time-proven QA best practices.
- KPIs-based control over the testing and QA processes.
- Reusable test cases and scripts.
- Effective test case prioritization.
- Feasible test automation.
-18% testing time due to:
- Quick scalability of testing resources.
- Expert implementation of the shift-left approach.
- Feasible test automation.
- Smoothly incorporating the testing activities into your CI/CD pipeline.
-15-20% software maintenance costs due to:
- Fast and efficient detection and fixing of software quality issues.
- Minimized leakage of defects in production.
- Proactive QA during software evolution (e.g., timely regression and performance testing).