Money Lending App Development
A Comprehensive Guide
ScienceSoft combines 24 years of expertise in web and 18 years – in mobile development with 18-year practice in creating financial solutions to introduce robust money lending applications.
Money Lending Application Development: Summary
Money lending app development helps lending companies provide their customers with a secure, fast, and convenient way to access the needed funds and repay the loan. Custom lending apps support all required loan types, languages, currencies, and payment methods. They offer a unique visual style, seamlessly integrate with the required systems, and can be easily upgraded with new features.
How to create a money lending app in 9 steps
- Conduct market research and TA analysis.
- Conceptualize and design the application.
- Define an optimal tech stack.
- Plan the project.
- Develop the money lending app.
- Perform software testing and QA.
- Deploy the solution in the production environment.
- Integrate the app with the necessary systems and tools.
- Provide support and evolution of the money lending app.
- Timelines: 6–11 months on average.
- Cost: $120K–$400K+, depending on the solution’s complexity.
- Team: a project manager, a business analyst, a solution architect, a UX/UI designer, a DevOps engineer, a front-end developer, a back-end developer, a QA engineer.
Having 750+ experienced IT talents on board, ScienceSoft offers various cooperation models and can quickly provide all necessary competencies to cover the end-to-end development of your lending application.
Solutions that Integrate with a Money Lending App
To enable seamless loan origination and funds movement between the involved parties, a money lending app needs to integrate with a loan processing system of a lending company. Visit ScienceSoft's dedicated pages to learn about the capabilities and specifics of loan processing solutions a customer-facing loan app may connect to:
An all-in-one solution used by banks, credit unions, and independent lending services providers to manage a full scope of lending activities.
Software that automates the processing of mortgages and facilitates interactions between the parties involved in a mortgage deal.
A solution aimed to directly connect private lenders and borrowers without the involvement of financial institutions.
A blockchain-based market platform that enables seamless origination and servicing of cryptocurrency loans.
A Roadmap to Money Lending Application Development
Below, ScienceSoft describes the main steps we take to introduce competitive lending applications tailored to the clients’ unique requirements. Throughout the app delivery process, we maintain transparent, KPI-driven collaboration and advise our customers on cost optimization opportunities.
Market and target audience analysis
Our consultants thoroughly explore the important aspects that define functional and non-functional requirements for the app and lay the basis for creating a unique selling proposition. Particularly, we analyze:
- The client’s business specifics and the lending app vision.
- The app’s target audience, its pains, needs, and behavioral patterns.
- Key market players, their weaknesses and strengths.
- Recent market trends: popular business models, innovative technologies, UX and UI perks, etc.
- Global and local compliance requirements for the target markets where the client is planning to operate, e.g., KYC/AML requirements, PCI DSS standards, CCPA regulations for the US, GDPR for the EU.
Application conceptualization and design
- Defining the type of a money lending app (web, mobile, or both).
- (for mobile) Deciding on the approach to app development – native or cross-platform.
- Suggesting an optimal feature set for the application, including value-adding functions powered with advanced techs (e.g., AI, OCR, big data, blockchain).
- Prioritizing features based on their importance for the target audience and potential to drive a fast payback.
- Designing the scalable and sustainable architecture of the application.
- UX and UI design for the required user roles (borrowers, lenders, app admins, etc.), which covers UX research and prototyping, usability testing, and creating UI mockups.
- Introducing a plan of integrations with the required internal and third-party systems (e.g., loan processing software, accounting software, payment gateways, credit rating platforms, financial data marketplaces, etc.).
Tastes differ. And ScienceSoft always cares to deliver convenient UX and sleek UI to make borrower and lender journeys engaging and seamless. This is why our apps stand out among other market-available solutions, build customer trust, and drive a high retention rate.
Tech stack selection
We compare possible techs and tools in the context of the client's priorities (e.g., fast development, minimized project cost, etc.) and define an optimal tech stack with the client’s goals in mind.
To optimize project duration and costs, we rely on proven development frameworks, cross-platform mobile techs, and employ ready-to-use components (building blocks for the app logic, open-source APIs, OOTB UI components, prebuilt deployment scripts, etc.), if applicable.
An accurate, all-encompassing plan for app development helps significantly reduce project timelines and prevent operational and financial risks. A typical project plan by ScienceSoft comprises:
- Objectives, KPIs, and milestones for the project.
- Project deliverables, duration, and budget.
- Team composition and collaboration workflows.
- A strategy and a plan to mitigate possible project risks.
- TCO and ROI estimations for the lending app.
Money lending app development and testing
The development of a lending application with ScienceSoft usually includes the following stages:
- Establishing automation environment: configuring CI/CD pipelines, setting up container orchestration tools, introducing test automation, etc.
- Coding the app’s back end and developing APIs to integrate the app with the required systems.
- Creating role-specific user interfaces.
- Quality assurance of each app component in parallel with development.
- Eliminating possible vulnerabilities and logic errors and fixing the identified code defects.
Developing and launching an MVP allows for quick and cost-effective assessment of the solution’s viability and a faster payback from the app implementation. An MVP also helps avoid excessive investments associated with the app modification, which may potentially be required upon receiving the initial feedback from the app users. We can deliver an MVP of a custom lending app in 3–5 months and consistently grow it to the fully-featured solution with major releases every 2–3 weeks.
Application deployment and integration
ScienceSoft configures the lending app’s infrastructure, backup and recovery procedures and deploys the solution in the production environment. After that, we integrate the app with the client’s corporate systems and relevant third-party tools and perform integration testing to guarantee proper functioning of the integrated solution.
ScienceSoft can also assist in designing a landing page for app promotion or uploading the money lending app to the required web or mobile app stores to streamline the app release.
As a part of our deployment service, ScienceSoft’s team establishes compliance procedures to meet the required standards and regulations. We also implement robust infrastructure security tools (authorization controls for APIs, DDoS protection algorithms, firewalls, IDSs / IPSs, etc.) to protect your application from cyberattacks.
Support and evolution (optional)
ScienceSoft offers continuous monitoring and optimization of the money lending app to ensure its stable performance, top-flight security, scalability to serve a growing number of users, and ability to provide smooth user experience. We can create and release new functionality according to a lending company’s or end users’ evolving needs.
Consider Professional Services by ScienceSoft
ScienceSoft applies 34 years of experience in custom software development and 18-year expertise in implementing financial solutions to provide lending companies with:
Why develop a money lending app with ScienceSoft
- Since 1999 in web development and since 2005 in mobile development.
- Since 2005 in building solutions for banking and financial services.
- Since 2003 in cybersecurity to ensure world-class protection of lending applications.
- In-house compliance experts to guarantee lending app compliance with relevant global and country-specific regulations.
- Quick project start (1–2 weeks) and frequent releases (every 2–3 weeks).
- Well-established Lean, Agile, and DevOps cultures.
Typical Roles on ScienceSoft’s Lending App Development Teams
Plans the project (deliverables, schedule, budget), coordinates the team, monitors the project progress and reports it to the client.
Analyzes needs and expectations of a client’s target audience and translates them into functional and non-functional requirements for the lending application.
Architects the app and plans integration points for its components and required systems.
Designs the user experience and role-specific user interfaces of a lending app, conducts usability testing.
Configures the DevOps automation environment for facilitated app development, integration, testing, and release.
Delivers UI of a lending app and fixes defects found by the QA team.
Delivers the server-side code of a lending app, integrates the solution with relevant systems, and fixes defects found by the QA team.
Quality assurance engineer
Creates and implements a test strategy, a test plan, and test cases to validate the quality of a lending app, reports testing results.
NB! Depending on the project specifics, ScienceSoft can involve additional talents, for example, blockchain developers to build a crypto lending app.
Featured Success Stories by ScienceSoft
Mobile Lending App Development for an Online Credit Services Company
ScienceSoft created a mobile application for the provider of a lending platform matching banks and borrowers. Our team opted for cross-platform development to optimize project costs and make the app available on Android and iOS. We implemented functionality for:
- Navigating the banks’ cash loans and credit cards offerings.
- Automated creation and submission of loan applications.
- Contacting customer support to clarify loan-related information, and more.
Lending App Development for a US-Based Microfinance Company
ScienceSoft designed and built a full-featured lending application for the clients of a reputable financial services company with 50+ offices across the US. Our team created convenient app’s UX and clear UI to ensure smooth lending experience for borrowers. We introduced functionality for:
- Automated creation and submission of loan applications.
- Tracking the loan approval and repayment status.
- Scheduled payment reminders.
- User authentication, and more.
Sourcing Models for Money Lending Application Development
- Full control over the project.
- Inability to scale the IT team and promptly acquire specific tech or managerial skills.
Turn to ScienceSoft to accurately plan the app implementation process.
- Quick and cost-effective access to the necessary competencies.
- Optimal utilization of in-house resources.
- High requirements for in-house project management.
Turn to ScienceSoft to strengthen your in-house team with the required talents.
ScienceSoft’s Tech Stack for Money Lending Application Development
In lending app development projects, ScienceSoft’s team usually relies on the following tools and technologies:
Cost Factors of Lending Application Development
The major factors that affect the lending app implementation budget and duration are the following:
Core cost factors
- The type of a lending app – web or mobile.
- (for mobile apps) Supported mobile platforms (iOS, Android, cross-platform).
- The scope and complexity of the app’s functionality.
- The number and complexity of integrations.
- The number of user roles, UX and UI requirements for each role.
- Performance, scalability, availability, security requirements.
- The chosen sourcing model and team composition.
Operational cost factors
- Fees for the required cloud services, ready-made app components (e.g., credit rating services, KYC/AML verification services, messaging services), integration APIs (banking APIs, financial market data APIs), and security tools.
- Maintenance of compliance with the required regulations, including periodical compliance audits.
- Lending application support services.
From ScienceSoft’s experience, building a mobile lending app of average complexity costs around $120,000–$180,000, while developing a comprehensive web-based money lending solution may require $400,000+ in investments.
Want to understand the cost of your money lending application?
ScienceSoft is an international IT consulting and software development company headquartered in McKinney, Texas. We provide end-to-end application development services to help companies design and build reliable and secure money lending apps. In our projects, we employ robust quality management and data security management systems backed up by ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications.