Test Automation Services
For 22 years, ScienceSoft offers full-range test automation services to help companies optimize testing time and costs and successfully shift testing left.
Test automation services cover planning, tool selection, environment setup, data preparation, script development, maintenance, and reporting.
Test Automation Benefits
-20% testing cost
-18% testing time
Continuous testing within the CI/CD pipeline
Zero severe defects in production
Releases up to several times a day
Why Test Automation with ScienceSoft
- 34 years in software testing services.
- 22 years in test automation services.
- A vast test automation toolkit, including Selenium, Apache JMeter, Ranorex, REST-assured, etc.
- Development of custom test automation frameworks.
- Expertise in 30+ industries, including manufacturing, retail, wholesale, logistics, professional services, healthcare, financial services, oil & gas, telecommunications.
- In-house Testing Center of Excellence.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
What Our Customers Say
We cooperated with ScienceSoft’s test automation team to validate and re-validate the performance of our partner’s ecommerce store.
We recommend ScienceSoft as a quality-centered software testing partner. The collaboration with ScienceSoft helped stabilize the store’s performance and ensure its full compliance with the performance requirements. We also received all the test scripts and instructions on how to run them.
Hillary Slovak, Tech Director, Iris Atlanta, Inc.
Types of Software We Test
Web apps, mobile apps, desktop apps.
Enterprise apps: B2B, B2C apps and apps supporting internal corporate operations (ERP, CRM, HR, etc.).
Cloud-based apps, on-premises apps and hybrid apps.
SaaS, mobile and desktop software products.
Types of Automated Testing ScienceSoft Performs
Automated functional testing
To ensure each functional requirement of your software is met, our engineers can:
- Join at any stage of software development or evolution.
- Develop, run, and maintain the functional tests of relevant granularity (smoke, component, system tests) and level (API and UI automated tests).
To validate that newly introduced features don’t disrupt the functioning of the rest of software functionality, ScienceSoft introduces and performs automated regression testing.
Automated integration testing
To ensure the smooth end-to-end workflows of your integrated software and business data consistency, ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers validate the following software integrations:
- Internal (between software modules and components).
- External (between software and third-party applications it’s integrated with).
Automated compatibility testing
To check whether software’s UI and functions render properly in diverse target environments, our engineers test its compatibility with:
- Required devices and OSs.
- Browsers and their versions.
- Network conditions.
Automated software security assurance
To ensure your software is not exposed to common security vulnerabilities and complies with relevant regulatory standards (e.g., HIPAA, GAMP, PCI DSS, GDPR, etc.), ScienceSoft’s engineers can automate the following cybersecurity checks:
- Vulnerability scanning.
- Code analysis.
- Compliance testing.
Test Automation Setup Plan
Below is described the typical process of end-to-end QA automation with ScienceSoft.
Test automation planning
ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers:
- Analyze your project and software specifics to outline the optimal test automation coverage.
- Advise on the relevant automated testing types and levels of testing (API and UI).
- Plan out the test automation infrastructure and its integration with a CI/CD pipeline.
Test environment setup
ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers:
- Select fitting automated testing tools or develop a custom test automation framework.
- Set up and configure the relevant testing tools.
- In collaboration with DevOps professionals, integrate test automation with a CI/CD pipeline.
Note: ScienceSoft’s DevOps engineers can assist with setting up a robust CI/CD pipeline from scratch, if required.
Test data preparation
ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers analyze the specifics of your software and the characteristics of data it handles (e.g., data volume, the number of supported data formats) to automatically generate the test data.
Based on the outlined test automation coverage and scope, ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers:
- Create test scenarios and test cases.
- Write relevant test scripts.
- Develop a keyword-driven and/or a data-driven testing framework to streamline creating automated tests and their maintenance.
- Analyze the results of automated tests and create test reports.
- Maintain the test automation scripts, the data-driven and/or the keyword-driven framework.
Note: We can migrate your test scripts developed within legacy frameworks (UFT, TestStack.White, etc.) to the actual framework to unify the test automation tools used.
ScienceSoft can help introduce an in-house testing center of excellence (TCoE) to centralize test automation practices through corporate testing projects by:
- Setting up a company-wide test automation environment.
- Promoting the use of a standard test automation toolkit across the corporate projects, including test automation frameworks and tools, defects and issue tracking tools, etc.
- Developing standardized test automation KPIs.
Highlights of Our Test Automation Services
Optimized test automation costs
ScienceSoft’s test automation experts maximize the ROI of your test automation project by:
- Outlining the most feasible test automation coverage.
- Splitting complex test scenarios into easily maintainable ones.
- Handpicking/developing an efficient and re-usable test automation framework best fitting your plans of software evolution and other corporate testing projects.
- Reducing the efforts on tests’ creation and maintenance with the help of a data- and/or keyword-driven testing framework.
- Getting into your project and test automation needs – within 1-3 days.
- Setting up the test environment, writing test scenarios and test scripts, starting automated testing activities – within 3 weeks.
- Fitting all release and regression tests into 2-week iteration deadlines.
KPIs-based approach to testing quality
To ensure the high performance of our test automation team, ScienceSoft tracks the testing efficiency against a tailored set of KPIs and provides regular reports on their fulfillment.
Typical test automation KPIs we apply:
- Test automation coverage.
- Total number of scripts developed during the testing project.
- Number of test scripts developed during an applicable period (e.g., iteration).
- Number of defects found.
- Ratio between actual and estimated test automation efforts.
Tailored automated testing toolkit
ScienceSoft’s test automation experts:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current test automation practices and implemented frameworks.
- Estimate the feasibility of improving the actual test automation toolkit against migrating to other frameworks and tools.
- Optimize your automated testing toolset by introducing the required tools, updates, integrations, developing custom features.
Close collaboration with the development team
To ensure the test automation activities are prioritized and scheduled correctly, our test automation engineers stay in contact with your in-house or third-party development and QA teams.
Find Your Service Option
An automation testing company with 22 years of experience in the domain, ScienceSoft can introduce test automation infrastructure tailored to your software specifics and quickly develop easily maintainable test suites.
Test automation consulting
ScienceSoft’s test automation consultants:
- Analyze your software requirements, current testing strategy and plan, testing scenarios (if they are in place).
- Outline the optimal test automation coverage for your project.
- Design a test automation architecture.
- Advise on the test case automation order.
- Propose a best-fitting test automation framework/tool and advise on its configuration and integrations.
- Set up automated test data generation, if needed.
- Integrate automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
Test automation outsourcing
ScienceSoft’s test automation engineers:
- Decide on the test automation strategy and coverage, prioritize test cases that are applicable for test automation.
- Prepare and maintain the test environment, test automation framework and tools, test data.
- Develop, run, and maintain the automated test suites.
- Analyze the test results and transform them into clear test reports.
Test automation process review and optimization
ScienceSoft’s test automation team:
- Outlines the optimal test coverage with a balanced mix of manual and automated testing.
- Balance manual and automated testing.
- Chooses the right tools for testing.
- Improves the test script maintenance.
- Improves the quality of test data, sets up automated test data generation, if needed.
- Creates re-usable automated tests that are resistant to changes in the UI.
- Helps adopt a data-driven and/or a keyword-driven testing framework.
- Integrates automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.