Test Automation Services
Test automation services include implementation of a wide set of testing and around-testing components: from planning and tool selection to the construction and maintenance of a test automation environment, implementation of automated test data preparation, design and maintenance of all types of automated test scripts and more.
For 20 years, ScienceSoft has been providing full-range test automation services including automated (API and UI) functional and performance testing to optimize testing time and costs.
of companies state better detection of defects
of companies experience the reduction of test time
of companies experience improved control and transparency
of companies see the reduction of test costs
Source: World Quality Report by Capgemini
- 32 years in software testing and 20 years in test automation services.
- Quick ramp-up and delivery of first substantial service results in 3 months.
- In-house testing center of excellence.
- ISO 9001-certified quality management system.
- ISO 27001 proven security of entrusted customer information.
- Test engineers with both test design and technical expertise to understand and work closely with development teams.
- Account managers with strong experience in maintaining long-term cooperation.
The IMAAT Approach: Integrated Manual and Automated Testing
In test automation services, we follow an original approach that unifies automated (for regression testing) and manual tests (for exploratory, usability or ad-hoc testing).
This methodology allows:
- Freeing test engineers from regression testing.
- Ensuring the high level of test flexibility and responsiveness.
- Increasing test quality in the context of agile development and the DevOps culture.
50% of businesses experience difficulties in testing in Agile due to the inability to apply test automation at appropriate levels.
Source: World Quality Report by Capgemini
We offer a complete set of services to implement an advanced and comprehensive test automation solution:
Test automation strategy development
Taking into account software requirements, development, QA and deployment processes, we build a holistic test automation strategy or an entire test strategy with test automation roadmap as its core. As a part of this, we:
- Define the automation scope.
- Decide on the levels of testing to employ, testing tool and test automation architecture that will bring maximum ROI.
- Plan test data preparation, test design and development, test maintenance, integration of test automation into CI/CD, etc.
- Help to align the test automation strategy to the application evolution and business strategies.
Test environment setup and configuration
We prepare the right test environment to smoothly run test cases for all targeted platforms, devices and browsers and ensure appropriate resource monitoring.
Automated test data generation
We set up automated preparation of structured and comprehensive data input and output combinations for both automated tests and manual tests.
Automated UI testing
We plan and design test cases, write and maintain scripts for robust and reliable automated checks of new features and regression testing via UI.
- 65% of businesses have difficulties with test automation due to rapidly changing applications. Our test architects design an agile test architecture that allows for better test re-use and test maintenance even in case of frequent changes in UI layout and functionality.
- Our test automation engineers create re-usable high-level application-specific libraries to reduce testing time and costs.
We plan and design test cases, develop and maintain scripts to quickly and efficiently validate software functionality via API and check integrations.
We plan and design test cases, develop and maintain scripts for automated performance tests for all layers of your application and all supporting systems (load balancers, databases, networks, etc.).
Test scripts migration from other platforms
If you have test scripts developed with other frameworks, other frameworks / platforms (e. g., UFT), we can migrate them to Selenium to unify test automation tools and automation testing processes across the company.
CI/CD pipeline implementation
In cooperation with the DevOps teams, we design and implement the continuous integration pipeline, and integrate continuous testing in it to automatically run test after every change in your software. This helps you to deliver new app features even more quickly and efficiently while not compromising on software quality.
Testing center of excellence setup (optional)
We help non-IT enterprises centralize all testing activities in an in-house testing center of excellence (TCoE) to introduce a consolidated company-wide test automation environment. This helps to:
- Establish, where possible, common software testing tools (test automation frameworks, bug and issue tracking tools).
- Standardize test coverage and quality metrics.
How Much Will Test Automation Cost?
Typical test automation cost factors include:
- Types of automated testing required (API, UI, performance testing).
- Test automation coverage (how many test scenarios are automated).
- Configuration scope of a test automation framework or complexity of a custom tool to build (depends on the technical specificity of software under test).
- Complexity of an automated test suite to develop and maintain (depends on the complexity of software under test and how often changes to the software or its integrations are introduced).
We will be pleased to provide an estimate for your project.
KPIs we typically apply for test automation
- Assess the current QA process.
- Review the existing IT infrastructure architecture.
- Plan test automation project and prepare SLA.
- Transfer knowledge or do knowledge mining.
- Set up test automation process.
- Develop test automation strategy.
- Help to optimize QA process to integrate test automation into it.
- Adjust the test automation service plan if needed.
- Transfer responsibility.
- Ramp up the test team.
3. Service Delivery
- Prepare the test environment.
- Design test cases and prepare test data (we can work with a lack of software documentation and do requirements mining).
- Develop and maintain tests.
- Evaluate and report on the progress.
4. Service Evolution
- Further increase the level of test automation where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the development team for better risk-based testing (development risks, business risks in particular areas, e.g. mobile banking, healthcare, ecommerce).
- Gather feedback from development managers and leads to improve coverage, test granularity, defect description.
- Optimize CI/CD (together with DevOps teams).
- Implement forefront testing techniques.
SaaS / XaaS applications
Comprehensive testing of your SaaS / XaaS products – streaming software, EHR/EMR, self-service applications, applications for smart connected systems, image analysis software, VoIP and messaging applications and more. We’ll help to protect brand reputation as well as ensure shorter time-to-market with less risks.
Custom enterprise applications
End-to-end testing of complex enterprise systems (e.g., manufacturing and supply chain management), enterprise mobile applications, web portals, financial management software and more. We’ll verify they correspond with the established quality requirements and perform at their best.
Test automation for solutions based on Salesforce, Dynamics 365, Magento, SharePoint, ServiceNow, and other platform. Our dedicated platform testing teams will help to keep your platform-based solutions stable and ensure their seamless evolution.