Quality Management at ScienceSoft
Quality is deeply rooted in our culture. With our NPS being ~60%, we guarantee high customer satisfaction with project outcomes due to:
ISO 9001-certified quality management system comprising policies, processes, and teams.
True seniority of our specialists, which means proven tech proficiency, proactivity, and self-management.
Result-driven KPI-based project management.
Leadership that nurtures the quality-first culture
To ensure the company-wide commitment to quality, ScienceSoft's leaders:
- Establish, maintain and improve our quality strategy and communicate our values at all company levels.
- Set clear and realistic quality expectations that guide our processes and teams.
- Ensure that managers at all levels are strong examples of quality- and result-oriented people in the organization.
People whose seniority is proven
We are a team of professionals who are true enthusiasts of what we do and continuously perfect our skills. We foster our employees' commitment to quality from day one:
- Our multi-step hiring process includes thorough technical interviews and soft skills assessments.
- We have an established onboarding process to make sure new hires quickly absorb our culture and processes.
- Technical talents are pre-vetted to fit specific projects.
- We create a fertile working environment and organize tailored professional trainings.
- Managers promote healthy competition among employees and share constructive feedback to encourage in-company growth.
Collaboration that clients can rely on
ScienceSoft believes that productive, transparent, and friendly collaboration with clients and contractors is a key to achieving quality goals.
- We outline a collaboration strategy for each project to guarantee effective and uninterrupted communication with our clients.
- We promote transparency, so collaboration with us is based on tailored and traceable KPI systems.
Transparent and effectively managed processes
Our customers always know what they get throughout all stages of our cooperation.
- We meticulously plan, document, monitor, and continuously improve our processes on the project, department, and company levels.
- We pay great attention to risk management to maximize the project output while meeting quality standards and budget expectations.
Our clients can rest assured that all industry-specific and internal corporate standards and regulations are met.
- Our solid approach to the safety of our customers' information is proved by ISO 27001 certificate.
- In development projects, we create software compliant with HIPAA/HITECH, PCI Software Security Framework, SOC1 and SOC2, SOX, GDPR (for the EU), ZATCA (for Saudi Arabia), and other standards and regulations.
- We have experienced compliance consultants on board, and our employees can undergo additional training to meet compliance requirements for a specific project.
Data-driven decision-making and optimization
We promote a data-driven culture throughout the company, which favorably influences the quality of our teams' output. We make sure our people know how to get actionable insights from data to:
- Correctly interpret the work results.
- Promptly find improvement opportunities.
- Analyze how their work correlates with colleagues' work and the project objectives.
Focus on our clients’ needs
Our customers' needs and satisfaction make up the focal point of ScienceSoft's business strategy. To ensure we stay tuned with our clients' needs, we:
- Build open and unique communication with each customer.
- Continuously elicit, analyze and act on our customers' changing needs.
- Communicate the needs and preferences to our employees and organize necessary trainings.
- Introduce new practices and tailor our processes and work habits to our customers' changing needs.
- Measure and monitor our customers' satisfaction and take action to maintain it at the highest level.
To continuously improve our quality management processes and policies in line with our clients' changing needs and compliance environments, we:
- Constantly analyze our internal procedures.
- Conduct retrospectives.
- Perform internal audits, including ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 audits.
Check What Clients Appreciate in Cooperating with ScienceSoft
Senior Solution Architect
ScienceSoft proved to be a professional service provider from the outset. The solution developed by ScienceSoft fully met the client's requirements and expectations. The project marked the start of successful and mutually beneficial cooperation between Leo Burnett and ScienceSoft. We appreciate their proactive approach and ability to suggest improvements to a prospective solution on both architectural and business levels. We know we can always rely on ScienceSoft's various competencies when our clients require quality software which would facilitate their business success.
Throughout security testing activities, ScienceSoft’s cybersecurity team proved to be result-oriented and attentive to detail. Thanks to ScienceSoft’s quality testing efforts, we were able to ensure a higher level of protection of our cloud application and the sensitive customer data stored in it. ScienceSoft has proved to be a competent cybersecurity partner who can deliver high-quality testing services within the deadlines provided. We consider ScienceSoft a trusted business partner and plan to continue our working relationship with them.
Product and Partnerships Manager
… we can say that we are no doubt happy with our choice of development partners. The quality they deliver is consistently high. Given that the whole project team is international, we have no communication problems, and the reports are on time. What we appreciate is their ability to work independently, with no need for our careful guidance.
With ScienceSoft, we managed to acquire the development resources that we needed and got them fit into our teamwork smoothly. We believe they've contributed a lot to speed up our product's release.
President & CEO
I am particularly impressed by the cooperative nature of ScienceSoft's team. Our project required coordination with multiple companies and individuals. ScienceSoft worked well with everyone.
ScienceSoft has been a competent partner for medical software development. We would recommend them as a trustworthy vendor. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly. We would recommend hiring ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a highly productive and solution-driven team. We look forward to working with them over the long-term.
…We appreciated their client-oriented approach, consistent collaboration across all the project stages, and flexibility to adjust to changes. ScienceSoft's expert advice helped us reveal cost optimization opportunities and define the functionality to increase the solution's value for all target user groups. We believe ScienceSoft has contributed a lot to speed up our marketplace's release and would certainly recommend them as a reliable tech partner.
We cooperated with ScienceSoft’s test automation team to validate and re-validate the performance of our partner’s ecommerce store. The collaboration with ScienceSoft helped stabilize the store’s performance and ensure its full compliance with the performance requirements. We also received all the test scripts and instructions on how to run them. We recommend ScienceSoft as a quality-centered software testing partner.
Depending on the project, our clients can get:
- 20-40% shorter time to release for new software.
- 20-50% increased applications' ROI due to effective support and maintenance.
- 90%+ user satisfaction score for help desk services.
- +30-200% to process automation in digital transformation initiatives.
You get what you count on due to:
- Healthy project processes.
- Professional and motivated teams.
- Effective communication between ScienceSoft, your teams, and stakeholders.
- Professional risk management.
Project cost optimization
We set quality standards from the very first contact and maintain them throughout the project. You get:
- Eliminated risks of rework.
- Only planned expenditures.
- No risks of changing a vendor halfway.
See How We Manage Quality at Every Stage of Our Cooperation
ScienceSoft provides a variety of IT services, from digital transformation consulting to development, testing, and help desk outsourcing. We tailor our quality management procedures to the service nature and specifics.
Below, as an example, we provide a close look at quality management throughout all steps of our typical Scrum-based software development project.
A steady start
To ensure the success of the entire software development initiative, we carefully discover clients' needs and draft a high-level software development plan corresponding to a client's needs, project time frames, and budget. We make sure our customers get a clear picture of the project costs, investments, and ROI.
At this stage, we define project milestones and KPIs that will allow stakeholders to track the project's progress and us – to continuously optimize and improve our efforts. Our experienced business and project managers consider all possible risks related to software development and prepare risk mitigation plans.
To continuously validate the quality of the software under development and make sure it fully meets the requirements, the QA manager creates a high-level test plan with the defined QA and testing activities.
Each software development iteration based on Scrum methodology runs according to our quality management principles, lasts for 2-4 weeks, and includes the following cycles:
3.1. Architecture, UX and UI Design
ScienceSoft's experienced architects design high-performing, reliable, and scalable architectures. The UX researchers study the target audience, its needs, and behavior, while the UI designers create prototypes aimed at high user engagement, retention, and ease of use.
Since high-quality code is the foundation of high-quality software, ScienceSoft's developers follow unified code rules and specific rules for certain programming technologies and regularly perform unit testing and code reviews (ad hoc reviews, pair programming, walkthrough, etc.).
To minimize infrastructure-related risks and ensure software performs well in the development, test and production environments, we effectively manage Infrastructure as a Code and promote the automation of development, test, and production environment configuration.
3.3. Rigorous testing
To validate the quality of the software during the construction, we start testing activities closer to the beginning of a sprint or iteration and perform regular code reviews and unit testing. By defining a feasible amount of test automation adjusted to the specifics of each project, we ensure the highest quality and minimize testing costs in the long run. Throughout the testing process, we provide detailed documentation based on ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2021, allowing our clients to track the testing progress and the quality of the developed software build.
This is the stage where ScienceSoft provides a build or ready software to the customer. Clients benefit from our clear project documentation and KPI-based quality summary reports that describe the overall build quality, a test result report with the testing progress, defects validation results, and invested efforts.
During software support and maintenance, the customer can be sure that the developed software remains of high quality over time, evolves according to the changing business needs, and that users are satisfied with it. For that, ScienceSoft's team:
- Maintains effective communication with a client's business and technical stakeholders.
- Recommends and implements adjustments, changes, and new functionality via CI/CD pipelines.
- Performs testing of the new or changed functionality and runs regression testing.
- Project health score - an aggregated metric based on the weighted score of all related KPIs.
Actual vs budget costs - general KPI for project health measurement.
Cost estimates vs budget - re-estimated costs versus the initial budget.
- Percentage of outsourcing personnel costs to total costs.
- Percentage of outsourcing personnel hours to total time budget.
With consideration to a project, lesser external involvement tends to decrease associated risks. Nevertheless, comparing external costs with external hours lets us set the base for comparison with internal resources and increase control over outsourcing personnel.
- Actual effort in hours to budget - general KPI for project health measurement.
- Project management effort in hours to budget - overall project management efforts.
- Features waiting in the backlog longer than the deadline - a control point that, ideally, should always equal zero.
- The total amount of "rework" time - basic performance KPI.
- Timeline shift to plan - general KPI for Project Health measurement.
Basic quality KPIs:
- Test coverage and actuality.
- Total number of change requests.
- Percentage of deliverables accepted in the first UAT phase.
- Code quality - KPI based on code reviews or scanner results done on a regular basis.
- Defects count per project/iteration/functional module (grouped by severity) - the ratio of critical defects to total defects count shows the current product quality state. If the ratio decreases, then product quality improves.
- Defects count per project/iteration/functional module (grouped by priority) - allows analyzing total defects impact on business value.
- Testing effectiveness per project/iteration - (Defects count found by the test team / Total defects count)*100%. Can be measured after the final release or after a single iteration.
- Defects found in UAT - number of defects by severity: critical, major, minor, etc.
- Rejected defects ratio (per project) - the ratio of rejected defects to reported defects shows the quality of defect localization and the reporting procedure.
- Executed test cases count grouped by status vs. actual test cases count (per project, last result) - overview of product tests' intensity and volume.
- Requirements covered with test cases vs. the total number of requirements - overview of test coverage.
- Reopened defects rate - the ratio of reopened defects to resolved defects shows the quality of the project stabilization procedure.
- Defects "need info" rate - the quantity of defects, set by the development team in "need info" status - shows the defects description quality.
KPIs that shows the client's involvement and related outcomes:
- Customer engagement score.
- Delays with requirements elicitation sessions.
- Delays with UAT.
- Successful project score - score that shows the customer satisfaction with project performance and quality.
- Team satisfaction score - score that shows the customer satisfaction with the project team and its competencies.
- Vulnerabilities found by regular penetration testing.
- Vulnerabilities found by independent penetration testing.
- Known vulnerabilities left open by the end of the month.
- Security incidents.
Security KPIs could be applied to specific projects with special requirements for security as a part of quality control.