Security Testing Services: We Pinpoint Your IT Security Weaknesses Before Hackers Do
An IT consulting and software development company with 31 years of experience, ScienceSoft has been working in cybersecurity since 2003. We offer a comprehensive approach to security testing beyond penetration testing to promptly identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities in your IT infrastructure or applications.
ScienceSoft’s security testing team can help you get a deep insight into your IT environment cybersecurity state and provide with specific recommendations to strengthen the protection of your IT infrastructure or its components.
Why Choose ScienceSoft
- More than 16 years in cybersecurity.
- An IBM Business Partner in Security Operations & Response since 2003.
- Over 150 implemented security testing and security consulting projects in banking, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, and telecoms.
- Long-term business collaboration in cybersecurity established with our hallmark customers, among which are NASA, RBC Royal Bank, and others.
- A competent security testing team including Certified Ethical Hackers.
- Leading the list of Top 25 Cyber Security Companies – 2020 compiled by CIO Applications Magazine.
Benefits You Get with Regular Security Testing
ScienceSoft strongly recommends checking the security of your network, applications, and the other parts of your IT infrastructure regularly (monthly, quarterly, or at least annually depending on your particular needs) to get the following benefits:
You get up-to-date information on the security vulnerabilities existing within your IT environment.
You stay aware of any new vulnerabilities occurring in the result of the addition, changing, or removal of your IT environment components and modification of end-user policies.
You maintain the compliance with the requirements of security regulations and standards (HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.).
The Scope of ScienceSoft’s Security Testing Services
ScienceSoft’s security team is ready to deliver end-to-end security testing services, and assess and test the security of:
Firewalls, IDS/IPSs, other security solutions
Application protocol interfaces (APIs)
Front end and back end of applications
Security Testing Components
- Manual evaluation and automated scanning of your IT infrastructure or its components to detect security vulnerabilities.
- Prioritization of actual security weaknesses.
- Recommendations on how to mitigate the detected vulnerabilities.
- Defining the relevant penetration testing model (black box, gray box, or white box).
- Detecting and trying to exploit security vulnerabilities.
- Ranking the detected vulnerabilities according to WASC, OWASP, and CVSS classifications.
- Recommendations on how to reduce the detected security risks.
Security code review
- Manual source code review to detect possible issues with code readability, correctness, robustness, efficiency, and logical structure and avoid security breaches.
- Automated static code analysis for further code issues’ identification.
- Code audit report comprising the actual source code security vulnerabilities.
Infrastructure security audit
- Outlining the IT infrastructure components subject to audit and potential security vulnerabilities.
- Detailed investigation of the chosen IT infrastructure components and vulnerabilities detection.
- Clear recommendations on how to solve detected security issues.
- Automated scanning and manual security analysis of the IT environment to ensure compliance with PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA and other industry-specific security regulations and standards.
- Guidance on how to mitigate compliance gaps and implement the missing security policies.
- An attestation letter based on compliance testing results.
ScienceSoft’s security testing team performed exceptionally well and gave us confidence that our application posed no serious vulnerabilities. The collaboration was smooth and easy, and we were very pleased with selecting ScienceSoft as our vendor.
Ed Gordon, VP Products, 5 Dynamics (Simpli5)
Cooperation Models ScienceSoft Offers
ScienceSoft offers two options for cooperation:
One-time security testing
To get impartial security evaluation without vendor lock-in. This cooperation approach may be helpful in forming an opinion on the vendor and making a decision regarding further cooperation with them.
Managed security testing
To stay constantly aware of occurring security vulnerabilities. In this case, after gathering the details on your IT infrastructure during the first security testing project, we proceed with conducting needed security testing services on a regular basis. As we are familiar with your IT infrastructure, our further security testing activities will be less time-consuming and require fewer financial investments.
Regardless of the cooperation model you choose, ScienceSoft provides you with a detailed final report for you IT department as well as information security department and an executive summary for your business team indicating the results of its security team’s activities and recommendations to improve your security level.