Functional Software Testing Services
Functional testing is performed at different granularity levels and is aimed to ensure the software full compliance with its functional requirements.
For 33 years, ScienceSoft has been providing multi-level API and UI functional testing of the solutions varying in tech and architectural complexity.
- 33 years in software testing.
- 730+ completed testing projects since 2010.
- Over 75 testing specialists with experience in complex industry-specific projects.
- ISTQB certification of ScienceSoft's testing team members.
- ISO 9001-certified quality management system.
- Customer information security ensured by ISO 27001 certification.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times.
For all applications, we guarantee secure authorization and protection of sensitive data in compliance with GDPR.
We provide functional software testing services under the three cooperation models:
Managed testing services
Our testing team takes up all testing activities
ScienceSoft provides testing specialists to strengthen your testing team and/or speed up the testing process
Setting up your testing team
ScienceSoft’s QA consultants help you set up an independent testing team relying on industry standards.
methodologies We Support
We are well-versed in setting up test processes and performing testing activities in projects managed according to a range of methodologies.
- Scrum and customizations
- Customized RUP
- Iterative development
We set off at the very beginning of the software development lifecycle. The testing process covers 3 main stages:
Requirements analysis and clarification
Our specialists seamlessly integrate into your project team. The testing team works closely with BAs, developers and stakeholders to prevent unclear requirements in the specification.
Outcomes: the testing team dives into the project scope and specifics and drafts the test strategy.
Test planning and test design
- Drafting test plan. The Test Lead drafts a detailed test plan that is reviewed by stakeholders and approved.
- Test design. The testing team writes test cases/checklists according to the test plan and unite them into a test case document. Each requirement in the specification is transformed into a test case, so tests cover as much of specified behavior as possible.
- Prep measures. ScienceSoft’s testing team sets up a well-balanced strategy with an optimal mix of manual and automated testing.
Outcomes: the test plan, the test case document, the test environment and the test data are created and approved.
- Test execution. Relying on the test case document and the test plan, our testing team tests the product using the prepared test data and test environment. For every build, the team runs testing according to the planned test level.
- Defect reporting. Our testing team submits all the defects found to your preferred defect tracking system. Then we run exploratory testing powered by the team’s knowledge and experience to make sure no bug was missed.
- Test reporting. Our testing team reports the results based on the agreed schedule. Test progress reports include:
- Executed tests
- Defects found
- Defect validation. When the defects are fixed, the testing team validates them to make sure they are gone.
- Regression testing. When the defects are validated, the testing team runs regression testing to ensure that the adjacent areas of the application are fully functional. Usually a complete module or a functional block is retested.
Outcomes: the test summary report is prepared thus allowing you to get a full view of your product quality.
We ensure full transparency and control over the testing process delivering a comprehensive set of test documentation:
- Checklists and test plan
- Test cases
- Test results report
- Quality KPI describing the overall project quality and testing efficiency
Our team uses tried-and-true bug tracking and task management systems, such as:
- Atlassian Jira
- LogiGear TrackGear
- HP Quality Center
- Rational ClearQuest
Always open to dialogue, we are ready to use bug tracking tools you prefer.
Actions Speak Louder
With our functional testing services, we have helped industry leaders, including IBM and Tieto, to get a top-quality product within time and budget in the following way:
- Avoiding expensive rework (500 – 1000 man-hours) via detecting system bottlenecks at early project stages.
- Reducing time between releases and developers’ idle time during testing by 15% - 20%.
- Saving up to 700 man-hours per iteration thanks to automated testing.
...But Words Also Matter
We first turned to ScienceSoft in 2011 for testing our core application with many ERP and mobile elements. We have worked with the team in very close cooperation ever since and value professional as well as flexible attitude towards testing. We look forward to expanding our cooperation as our customer base also grows, which is a direct result of higher quality standards that ScienceSoft helps us to achieve.
Roderick Schipper, CTO and Henriette Trampedach, Test Manager, helpLine B.V.
Let's Talk Business
Contact us to learn more! We are open for communication 24/7.