5 Enterprise Ecommerce Solutions for Growth-Oriented Businesses
In the retail and ecommerce project portfolio, ScienceSoft has collaboration with such market leaders as Walmart, Carrefour, eBay, Nestle and Heinz.
Software for enterprise-class ecommerce
Enterprise-class ecommerce refers to businesses making annually more than $1 billion in total sales, or $5 million to $100 million in ecommerce transactions. Technology solutions they need must support high volumes of SKUs (from 100K and more), high simultaneous traffic load, and integrated IT environments with highly automated business workflows.
High-volume customer and business data, complex daily operations and market pressure drive enterprise retailers to go beyond boxed ecommerce solutions. The four functional requirements and goals emerge from there.
Time-saving tools for business management
- Strong native content management tools.
- Automated tax calculation.
- Self-service tools for seller onboarding.
- Rule-based pricing hierarchies.
- A bundled ecosystem of complementary solutions for digital business transformation (e.g., automation of omnichannel order management, advanced analytics).
- Vast network of third-party integration partners.
- Security patching.
- An open-source codebase.
- A large developer community to quickly respond to changing functional demands with quality commercial plugins and add-ons.
- Multi-environment support from development to production.
- Adoption of an API-first headless approach to ecommerce development.
- Support for PWA development.
- A choice of hosting options.
- Performance scalability.
Business growth and expansion
- A multistore builder.
- Combined B2C and B2B environment.
- Multi-language and multi-currency support.
- Solutions for omnichannel customer experiences.
Enhanced customer experience
- Rule-based online merchandising.
- Content personalization.
- AI-driven upselling and cross-selling.
- Loyalty building tools.
- Rule-based and personalized promotions.
- Customer segmentation.
- Email marketing automation.
- Mobile responsive design.
- In 2020, rated as a Leader among digital commerce suites by Gartner and Forrester.
- Over 30% of Magento-powered businesses have $1-10 million in yearly revenue.
- An average cost of Magento implementation with complex customization of business logic and cross-system integrations via Magento APIs starts at $200K.
- The product line extends beyond an ecommerce platform and includes dedicated order management and business intelligence solutions.
- Meets the goals of global and omnichannel expansion as well as digital business transformation.
- Supports a headless development approach and provides a proprietary PWA Studio.
Depends on gross merchandise volume (GMV) and starts at $3,999 a month (for GMV less than $5 million a year). Request pricing for Magento implementation.
- Strong presence in B2C and B2B areas – both awarded the highest rank from Forrester.
- Native AI tool for digital experience personalization.
- Comprehensive app suite for enterprise-scale businesses to manage ecommerce, omnichannel sales, marketing, and customer support.
- Implementation and training costs including a license fee average over $400K.
- Salesforce provides strong implementation support.
Depends on GMV and is calculated individually. Request pricing for Salesforce Commerce implementation.
- Featured among the Leaders in digital commerce technologies by Forrester and Gartner.
- Part of Oracle Cloud CX – a suite of ecommerce, marketing, sales, and customer service tools to manage a full customer life cycle from acquisition to retention.
- API-first architecture optimal for agile development and simplified integrations.
- 20+ pre-built page layouts and 70+ widgets and page elements to create UI experiences with a drag-and-drop builder.
- Delivered in the Oracle Cloud only.
- Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce.
- Has the largest number of customers with annual GMV of over $1 billion among all vendors evaluated by Gartner.
- Delivers above-par capabilities in the management of product information, digital assets, and orders.
- Adopts a headless development approach.
- Enables real-time context-driven personalization.
- System complexity doesn’t allow for a quick start.
- Featured among ecommerce vendors with the strongest product offering by IDC and Gartner.
- A multi-product portfolio for a B2C and B2B online presence, omnichannel and international commerce, a headless setup, and ecommerce automation.
- An implementation project cost averages $60-200K.
- Average launch time on Shopify Plus is 3 months.
- Fortune 500 companies among the customers.
Starts at $2,000/month + a fee of 0.15% per transaction if they use a third-party payment processor and not Shopify Payments.
Platform-based ecommerce solutions are fast to deploy as they all offer business-critical ecommerce functionality out-of-the-box. Still, their traditional monolithic architecture complicates the delivery of new features and upgrades, and slows down the solution evolution pace. If you are planning to evolve your business fast, take an API-first microservices-based approach to ecommerce development and decouple a solution into separate functional blocks that might be custom-built and then scaled fast. As the approach is still new to many, we explain it comprehensively in our guide on custom ecommerce development based on microservices.
- Analysis-based platform choice.
- Research of business workflows and mapping ecommerce integrations.
- Ecommerce implementation cost estimation.
- Analysis of business needs and current gaps in the ecommerce performance.
- Ecommerce technology market research in the context of your business needs and selecting a target platform to migrate to.
- Replatforming and data migration.
- Target audience research and website design concept.
- End-to-end implementation of an ecommerce website:
- Front-end development.
- Back-end development.
- Integration of an ecommerce solution with other software components.
- Testing and go-live.
The story of ScienceSoft dates back to 1989 when we started as a small product company. Now, the team of ScienceSoft comprises 700+ experts from a variety of IT domains and focuses on quality IT services and on-demand software development. In ecommerce, we apply out knowledge and skills to build an online presence for retailers and manufacturers, and secure the highest possible ROI for implemented solutions.