Top 5 SaaS Ecommerce Platforms
In ecommerce technology consulting for 17 years, ScienceSoft helps businesses choose optimal SaaS platforms to propel ecommerce implementation ROI.
SaaS (software-as-a-service) is a deployment model when a service provider hosts software centrally and licenses it on a subscription basis. Ecommerce software providers employ this model to enable businesses to save on infrastructure installation and maintenance costs, unpack and launch an ecommerce solution fast.
To compete on the SaaS market, modern ecommerce solutions give e-retailers built-in tools for effective webstore management and cover diverse business models (B2C and B2B).
Managed cloud hosting
- 99.99% uptime.
- Production, staging and development environments.
- Scalability of resource usage.
- Content delivery network for fast performance.
- PCI-certified cloud infrastructure.
- Storage and backup services.
- 24/7 environment monitoring.
Ecommerce website launch
- Website design templates.
- Product upload and management.
- Configurable product attributes.
- Different product presentation formats: images, video, downloadable files, product builders, etc.
- Support for different conversion paths: one-click buying, registered checkout, saving items to a wish list.
- International payment gateways for online payment processing.
Ecommerce back-office operation
- Online merchandising.
- Promotional pricing.
- Drag-and-drop content builder.
- Content staging and preview.
- SEO suite.
- Entry-level email marketing.
- Order and return management.
- Customizable reporting dashboards.
- Multistore management.
- Layered navigation and elastic search.
- Recently viewed products.
- Product recommendations.
- Social media integration.
- A loyalty program.
- Persistent shopping cart.
- Saved payment and shipping information at the checkout.
- Roles and permissions.
- Segment-based catalogs and pricing.
- Multi-tier pricing for quantity discounting.
- Price quoting and negotiation.
- A detailed order history and quick reorder.
- Requisition lists.
- Online payment options and payment on account.
- Order summary export.
In its Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce, Gartner ranks Magento Commerce among the Leaders. Included in our SaaS list as a reputed ecommerce software provider, Magento’s offering, however, is PaaS (platform-as-a-service). You obtain a customizable and scalable platform that transforms and grows as your business matures. On the downside, you will be responsible for upgrading and patching your application.
Depends on gross merchandise volume (GMV) and starts at $1,999 a month.
B2C-centric product launched in 2020 as an evolution of Dynamics 365 Retail. The latter used to be ranked by IDC as a leader among retail commerce platforms, so Microsoft’s retail competence is high. Along with the solution for an ecommerce storefront, Microsoft offers an omnichannel retail management platform and a suite of 10+ business applications for back-office management.
- $180 per user/month for the omnichannel retail management platform.
- From $5,000/month for the ecommerce add-on.
Ranked as Leader in B2B and B2C commerce by Forrester. Commerce Cloud makes for an integral part of Salesforce Customer 360 Data Manager – a unified platform for customer data management from where highly personalized customer experience and communication is delivered.
Recently Salesforce launched 6 packages for a quick ecommerce start in 2-4 weeks. Business situations covered are B2C and B2B, grocery sales, subscription commerce, multichannel retail and a multichannel delivery model.
An enterprise-oriented product with clients in the Fortune 500 list. Shopify Plus offers solutions for B2C, B2B, omnichannel, international and headless commerce. Users can employ an ecommerce automation application – Shopify Flow – as a visual builder for customized business workflows. An average launch time on Shopify Plus is 3-4 months.
- $2,000/month + a fee of 0.15% per transaction with a third-party payment processor (not Shopify Payments).
- A variable fee negotiated by request for higher volume businesses.
A Leader among B2C commerce suites named by Gartner. A cloud-native headless ecommerce platform, commercetools provides ready-made building blocks and 300+ pre-built APIs to create your ecommerce solution cost-effectively and scale it easily. Best-suited for digitally mature companies ready for agile solution development. Offers a vast knowledge base for developers and business users driving quick solution adoption.
With the convenience provided by platform-based ecommerce development, rare retailers choose to build a custom solution from the ground up. That’s clever given that core ecommerce functionality is packed ready for them in modern-day ecommerce platforms. However, custom building on top of them powering an ecommerce solution with advanced technologies and approaches may give a strong competitive advantage if you see clearly how a development investment will return as increased profit or decreased spending.
ScienceSoft is a team of ecommerce-savvy consultants and developers who excel at business problem solving and coding alike.
- Analyzing the ecommerce software market and comparing alternatives from the cost-benefits perspective.
- Researching local market regulations and governmental laws.
- Matching business needs to an optimal ecommerce technology.
- Crafting a market entry strategy.
- Calculating launch investments and offering optimization workarounds.
- Analyzing business needs and implementing an ecommerce solution:
- Configuration and code customization.
- Website design.
- Ecommerce replatforming to gain solution scalability or optimize the cost of ownership.
- Advancing customer experience with AI-powered personalization.
- Carrying out integrations to make an ecommerce entity a part of a cohesive IT ecosystem.
ScienceSoft is an international software development company and IT consultancy with 700+ talents on board. For 31 years, we have been helping businesses grab the benefits of digitally transformed workflows. For trading companies seeking e-presence launch, we provide ecommerce implementation services and end-to-end digital setup.