Healthcare IT Services
Healthcare IT services cover care delivery digitalization, IT modernization, cloud migration, IT support, etc. In healthcare IT since 2005, ScienceSoft offers full-cycle IT services for medical organizations to leverage tech-enabled healthcare without expanding an in-house IT team.
ScienceSoft Is a Leader in Healthcare IT Services Market in 2022 SPARK Matrix
ScienceSoft is featured as a leading healthcare IT services provider, along with Athena Health and Oracle Cerner. This achievement is a result of 17 years of tireless pursuit of technological innovation, made possible by ScienceSoft’s passionate team of healthcare IT experts who always strive to make a difference for patients and caregivers alike.
in software development
in healthcare IT
of experience in ITSM
- Hands-on experience with HIPAA and HITECH.
- Quality management system for medical device software and software as a medical device proven by ISO 13485 certification.
- Mature quality and security management systems backed by ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
- Microsoft Partner with 9 Gold Competencies, including Datacenter, Data Analytics, Application Integration.
- Authorized AWS Solution Provider.
- Experience with the standards of National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) concerning electronic information exchange (e.g., NCPDP D.0).
- ScienceSoft’s RPM solution won the Best Healthcare Technology Solution Award 2022 from Health Tech Digital.
- ScienceSoft became a finalist of Health Tech Award 2022 with its laboratory diagnostics software.
Technologies We Work With
A certified Microsoft partner, ScienceSoft creates CRM and ERP solutions powered by Dynamics 365 and optimizes most effectively a range of business operations.
ScienceSoft achieves at least 20% increase in sales and 30% improvement in case resolution with well-thought-out and business-tailored Salesforce solutions.
A certified Adobe Solution Partner, ScienceSoft builds on robust functionality of Adobe Commerce to create highly automated and scalable ecommerce solutions.
Solid expertise in SharePoint services has earned ScienceSoft a place in Clutch’s list of Top SharePoint Developers in 2023.
A certified ServiceNow partner, ScienceSoft offers a proprietary 4-level implementation model that helps deliver the best value from ServiceNow adoption.
ScienceSoft sets up Power BI to process data from any source and report on data findings in a user-friendly format.
Back-end programming languages
Our .NET developers can build sustainable and high-performing apps up to 2x faster due to outstanding .NET proficiency and high productivity.
ScienceSoft's Java developers build secure, resilient and efficient cloud-native and cloud-only software of any complexity and successfully modernize legacy software solutions.
ScienceSoft's Python developers and data scientists excel at building general-purpose Python apps, big data and IoT platforms, AI and ML-based apps, and BI solutions.
ScienceSoft delivers cloud-native, real-time web and mobile apps, web servers, and custom APIs ~1.5–2x faster than other software developers.
ScienceSoft's PHP developers helped to build Viber. Their recent projects: an IoT fleet management solution used by 2,000+ corporate clients and an award-winning remote patient monitoring solution.
ScienceSoft's developers use Go to build robust cloud-native, microservices-based applications that leverage advanced techs — IoT, big data, AI, ML, blockchain.
Front-end programming languages
ScienceSoft leverages code reusability Angular is notable for to create large-scale apps. We chose Angular for a banking app with 3M+ users.
ScienceSoft achieves 20–50% faster React development and 50–90% fewer front-end performance issues due to smart implementation of reusable components and strict adherence to coding best practices.
ScienceSoft’s achieves 20–50% cost reduction for iOS projects due to excellent self-management and Agile skills of the team. The quality is never compromised — our iOS apps are highly rated.
There are award-winning Android apps in ScienceSoft’s portfolio. Among the most prominent projects is the 5-year-long development of Viber, a messaging and VoIP app for 1.8B users.
ScienceSoft cuts the cost of mobile projects twice by building functional and user-friendly cross-platform apps with Xamarin.
ScienceSoft reduces up to 50% of project costs and time by creating cross-platform apps that run smoothly on web, Android and iOS.
Our Selected Healthcare IT Services Projects
Development of Remote Patient Monitoring Software
- 5 mobile applications for iOS and Android (central app, communication app, home app, extended care app, “heartbeat” module)
- Decreased load on the system (using aggregation of requests, grouping of data, etc.)
- Technologies: Android, iOS, MySQL, PHP, C/C++, Java, Node.js
Telehealth App Development for Chiron Health
- HIPAA-compliant Android application to book appointments and make conference calls with physicians.
- Unpaid phone calls can be replaced with reimbursable video visits.
- Technologies and tools: Android SDK, Custom User Interface, Canvas, Fragments API, JSON, Volley, OkHttp, Git, Atlassian Jira.
- 200+ screens migrated.
- Improved performance and simplified maintenance due to optimized algorithms and database queries.
- Technologies: Java (Spring 4 + Hibernate 5), React.js, Flux, HL7
Development of a Health Monitoring Module for Assisted Living Software
- Healthcare data analytics module and automated alerts to notify the personnel about the negative changes in residents’ state and improve care services.
- Technologies: Ext JS, SASS, Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft SQL Server
BI Implementation for a Medical Provider of Mobile Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Reports and dashboards on clinical outcomes, order payments, etc.
- Reduced unproductive time, enhanced customer experience.
- Technologies and tools: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Kyubit BI.
Development of a Brain Tumor Localization Application
- CNN structure featuring 5 convolutional layers.
- Neural network accuracy as high as 87%.
- Analyzing MRI scans, localize tumors, and define each tissue type.
- Technologies: C++, Caffe, CMake, VTK, ITK.
BI Implementation for 200 Healthcare Centers
- BI solution loading and processing data from 200+ databases of US healthcare centers and retirement homes.
- Improved management processes of healthcare centers due to prompt analytics reports.
- Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Transact-SQL, JReport.
Healthcare IT Service Options ScienceSoft Offers
We provide the following services separately or in combination.
- L1, L2, L3 help desk for healthcare IT applications and infrastructure.
- Monitoring of hospital applications (e.g., EHR, HIE), networks, and IoMT infrastructures.
- Healthcare IT infrastructure administration and maintenance.
- Maintaining IT infrastructure security and compliance (e.g., with HIPAA).
Managed IT services
- Proactive monitoring and evolution of healthcare IT infrastructure.
- Performance management, enhancement, optimization, and evolution of medical applications.
- Cybersecurity and compliance testing of IT infrastructure and its components, applications (security audit, compliance testing, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing).
- Cloud usage optimization.
- Assessment of the current state of the IT environment.
- Pinpointing vulnerabilities in the IT environment and unmet needs and designing tech solutions to cover them.
- Feasibility study to define IT environment optimization steps, care digitization projects with optimal change costs and max beneficial outcomes.
- Compliance assessment of IT environment (e.g., HIPAA and HITECH compliance assessment).
- Healthcare applications integration (EHR, medical imaging software, practice management software, etc.).
- Modernization of legacy healthcare applications (recoding, reengineering, containerization, etc.).
- Consolidation of disparate healthcare organization and patient data.
- Upgrading information security safeguards (e.g., network protection, application security) and HIPAA compliance (data access controls, etc.).
- Selection of a HIPAA-compliant cloud.
- Cloud migration strategy with cost-efficiency in mind.
- Step-by-step migration approach: splitting applications into modules to migrate them incrementally.
- Server, data warehouse, desktop migration.
Healthcare data analytics and performance management
We design and implement analytics solutions to enable:
- Patient outcomes analytics (to identify trends in patient outcomes, adjust treatment plans, etc.).
- Analytics of patient-generated health data (e.g., glucose, body temperature, weight, blood pressure).
- Performance evaluation and efficiency analysis of internal processes (e.g., equipment utilization, bed allocation).
- Financial management (e.g., expenses per episode, expected cash flow, outstanding payments).
Digital health implementation
- Software idea conceptualization based on healthcare organization’s objectives and needs analysis.
- Feature list elaboration, software planning.
- Development of digital health solutions (e.g., telemedicine apps, remote patient monitoring solutions, patient engagement solutions, digital therapeutics, chronic disease management software).
- Software support and evolution.
No need for large upfront investments
We work according to an iterative approach, so we can implement first improvements to your IT infrastructure or deliver the first version of your digital health solution within 1-3 months.
Services tailored to your needs
You can either choose one service from our healthcare IT offering or combine it with others to get a unique service pack fully covering your healthcare organization’s processes.
We build efficient collaboration with all customer’s stakeholders, self-manage our work, and are eager to share our skills. You will be fully informed on the project status because cooperation with us is based on a pre-agreed process and a set of KPIs.
- Engaging video appointments.
- Remote diagnosing and vitals tracking (e.g., for pulse, blood pressure).
- Automated billing due to integration with EHR.
- Data analytics of patient outcome trends, physician performance.
Chronic disease management
- Mobile applications designed for specific chronic conditions (COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, etc.).
- Medication intake plans and notifications for a patient.
- Telemedicine appointments.
- Embedded patient motivation techniques (e.g., gamification, social media sharing).
- Patient-generated health data analytics and notifications on abnormal parameters.
- Collection and analysis of detailed information about patients’ vitals by the RPM system (for postoperative patients, patients with chronic diseases and health risks, etc.).
- RPM data upload to integrated healthcare IT systems (e.g., EHR, HIE).
- Doctor, patient, caregiver alerts in case of abnormal health parameters.
- Patient portals and applications (featuring appointments scheduling, prescription refill requests, etc.).
- Health education apps (with general information on wellness and nutrition, regular health checkups, chronic conditions prevention and treatment).
- Trackers of patient-generated health data for chronic disease management (e.g., asthma, Parkinson’s syndrome, diabetes).
Digital therapeutics (DTx)
- Diseases and symptoms management (e.g., asthma triggers monitoring and alerting).
- Disease-specific prevention programs (e.g., carbohydrates consumption monitoring for prediabetes).
Our Customers Say
President & CEO
bioAffinity Technologies hired ScienceSoft to help in the development of its automated data analysis software for detection of lung cancer using flow cytometry. Our project required a large amount of industry specific methodology and algorithms to be implemented into our new software connected to EHR/LIS systems, which the team handled well. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly.
Prof. Dr. Department of Biomedical Science
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft proved to have vast expertise in Healthcare and Life Science industries related to the development of a desktop software connected to laboratory equipment, mobile application, and data analytics platform. They bring top-quality talents and deep knowledge of IT technologies and approaches in accordance with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 standards.
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the app. We have also engaged them to introduce a few enhancements to the app and would certainly consider ScienceSoft as a technology partner in further software development initiatives.
ScienceSoft designed and developed a native iOS app that offers a quantitative assessment of users’ physical fitness. I was impressed with the excellent level of responsibility, communication skills and mobile competences of both the management team and developers. All the tasks were completed accurately, promptly and efficiently.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
All About Healthcare
Healthcare Software Development
Healthcare IT Services
Healthcare IT Services
Patient Engagement Solutions
IoT Solutions for Healthcare
Healthcare IT Solutions
Virtual Reality in Healthcare
Healthcare Data Analytics
Medical Device Software