Managed Security Services (MSS)
Security Outsourcing for Advanced and Cost-Effective Cyber Defense
A cloud-centric, technology-agnostic MSSP, ScienceSoft helps build and manage robust security infrastructures. With 20 years in cybersecurity, we offer comprehensive services to prevent, detect, and respond to the ever-present cyber threats.
Managed security services (MSS) is a comprehensive set of IT infrastructure and application security services that is provided by an outsourced cybersecurity vendor. As a mature MSSP, ScienceSoft offers full-scale services that cover security architecture design, security technology setup and configuration, vulnerability management, continuous security monitoring, and incident detection and response.
Key Areas We Take Care Of
- Endpoints: desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and more.
- Connecting devices: routers, switches, gateways, Wi-Fi access points, etc.
- Email services.
- Customer-facing applications: e.g., customer portals, ecommerce websites, online and mobile banking, SaaS applications.
- Internal applications: e.g., ERP, CRM, EHR/EMR, document management, business intelligence apps.
- Data warehouses.
- Data lakes.
- On-premise data centers.
Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
Cyber Threats We Shield You From
Viruses, worms, and trojans
Spyware and keyloggers
Advanced persistent threats
If you want to protect the modern fast-evolving apps and dynamic IT infrastructures, you cannot just set up a few security tools and relax. The more users you have, the more devices have access to your system, and the more frequent your software releases are, the more vulnerabilities you accumulate with each passing day without consistent security processes. We at ScienceSoft rely on the SecOps approach. To secure our customers’ IT environment and operations, we perform regular security checkups, security monitoring, threat hunting, and incident response. We bring security considerations in every stage of software planning, development and evolution, starting as early as possible, to help deliver software with reliable in-built protection.
What We Do to Keep You Out of Danger
Similar to a managed service provider (MSP) that carries out continuous maintenance and evolution of its customers’ software or IT infrastructures, we take charge of our clients’ security needs. A managed security service provider (MSSP) is a vendor that helps plan, build, and operate IT security infrastructures of any complexity. Depending on our customers’ needs, ScienceSoft offers:
Security infrastructure planning
- Evaluating the existing security policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Designing a comprehensive, future-proof security program or security policies and procedures, outlining technical controls that will work best for the specific IT environment.
- Designing cloud-first cybersecurity infrastructure.
- Planning the migration to cloud-based security technologies for increased protection and cost efficiency.
Security infrastructure configuration
- Setting up and configuring security tools (e.g., antiviruses, firewalls, IPS/IDS, DDoS protection solutions, email security systems, SIEM) for optimal protection of the IT infrastructure.
- Building a modern cloud-centric security infrastructure.
Security infrastructure operation
- Security technology management: configuring, checking, and upgrading firewalls, SIEM, IPS/IDS, web ﬁltering/SWG, DDoS protection solutions, email security systems, antiviruses, endpoint protection systems, and more.
- Vulnerability management: regular vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, social engineering testing, security policy review, vulnerability remediation.
- Managed detection and response: continuous (365 days a year) security monitoring, analysis of security events, early threat detection, and rapid security incident response.
- Compliance management: regular review of the security policies and procedures, security testing of applications and IT infrastructures to find and eliminate any gaps in compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, NIST SP 800-53, SOC 2, NYDFS, and other security standards and regulations.
Vast experience and multi-faceted expertise
- 20 years in IT security, a cloud-centric MSSP advocating the Prevent–Manage–Detect–Respond model.
- Proficiency in security standards and regulations: HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, SOC 2, NIST SP 800-53, NYDFS, and more.
- 11 years in cloud services; a Microsoft Partner, an AWS Select Tier Services Partner.
- Hands-on experience with IoT, blockchain, AR/VR, AI/ML development and security.
Dedication to quality
- A structured approach to cybersecurity managed services based on 15 years of ITSM experience.
- A mature quality management system backed by ISO 9001 certification that guarantees tangible value of our services, predictable results, and cost optimization that doesn’t happen at the expense of quality.
- ISO 27001-certified cybersecurity management based on field-tested security knowledge, comprehensive security policies, and well-coordinated security team work.
- 62% of our revenue comes from long-term customers that stay with us for 2+ years.
- A leading outsourcing provider recognized by IAOP.
- Trusted by global brands: RBC Royal Bank, Carrefour, Tieto, NASA JPL, M&T Bank, eBay, Nestle, Deloitte, Walmart, Viber, and more.
Aim #1: Building proper cyber defenses within a few months.
- Consultants ready to start the discovery without delay.
- Standardized processes and policy templates to streamline security planning.
- Fast-to-deploy cloud security tools.
Aim #2: Covering all security needs with minimized investments in security tools and personnel.
- Cost optimization strategies and targeted security infrastructure improvements (pay only for what you need).
- On-demand availability of skilled security architects, admins, analysts, testers, and compliance consultants.
- Primarily cloud-based security components, which is typically cheaper.
Aim #3: Resisting advanced persistent threats.
- Advanced event and flow analysis.
- SIEM and log management.
- Protection against the external and insider threats
Aim #4: Continuous compliance with the applicable security standards and regulations.
- The software and network security controls required by the standards and regulations you must comply with.
- Regular compliance assessment.
- If needed, designing the security program, policies and procedures aimed to ensure compliance.
Aim #5: No vendor lock-in.
- Service not bound to a specific technology, but tailored to your needs and the existing tech landscape.
- Smooth transfer of the deliverables and knowledge to another team in case you stop our cooperation.
Like Clockwork: How Our Collaboration Runs
To deliver the best value for our customers, we build our cooperation on the following principles:
- SecOps approach: working together with IT operations specialists and software developers to build optimal cyber protection, taking into consideration your budget and technical limitations.
- Minimizing managerial efforts on the client’s side.
- Result-oriented collaboration with smart KPIs.
Check our sample KPI system
Our sample KPI system:
- Devices monitored.
- Endpoints monitored.
- Events gathered.
- Events stored.
- Log data retained.
- Incidents detected.
- Incidents resolved.
- Incident response time.
- Vulnerabilities found.
- Vulnerability fixes delayed.
- Overall cybersecurity level (assessment-based).
Changes in cybersecurity components:
- Waiting in a backlog.
- Waiting in a backlog longer than the threshold set by SLA.
This is how our collaboration may look
Our Key Cooperation Steps
Discovery and service planning
- Analyzing the customer’s IT landscape and the cybersecurity tools in use.
- Eliciting the security needs based on the incident history, change backlogs, business plans, and input from IT and business departments.
- Developing and presenting a service plan.
- SLA preparation and negotiation.
- Contract signing.
- Gathering exhaustive knowledge of the client’s IT environment: IT assets, configurations, documentation, policies, process descriptions, etc.
- Transfer of responsibility to our security experts.
- Providing the security services requested by the customer.
- Reporting on the results of our work according to the schedule (e.g., weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly) to ensure complete service visibility.
- Quarterly proposals on how to enhance the security management processes in place.
Any security infrastructure we build, any policies and procedures we develop are our client's property. If their plans regarding our cooperation change, we are always ready to hand over all the service deliverables and transfer our knowledge to a new team.
Fixed monthly fee
For security technology management and IT infrastructure monitoring (based on the estimated number and type of log sources and security tools).
Time and Material
- For large-scale consulting and transformation services (e.g., security program development, shifting to cloud security tools).
- For incident response activities (depending on the damage done).
For small-scale activities with a defined scope (e.g., setting up and configuring a new firewall).
Cyber protection efficiency instead of complexity
Why important: 78% of companies use about 10 different security solutions, yet 76% of organizations experienced downtime due to data loss in 2022, according to Acronis.
Timely detection and remediation of vulnerabilities
Why important: 26,448 new software security vulnerabilities (CVEs) were reported in 2022, according to The Stack. It means that every 20 minutes or so, a new vulnerability is created.
Rapid security incident detection and mitigation
Why important: $1.12M is the average savings of containing a data breach in 200 days or less, according to IBM.
All about Managed IT
Managed IT Support