Medical Apps for Patients
Medical apps for patients improve systematic care and continuous communication between patients and healthcare providers. Apps for patients built by ScienceSoft can automate patient health data collection, introduce telemedicine services, improve health outcomes, and personalize care.
ScienceSoft Is a Leader in Healthcare IT Services Market in 2022 SPARK Matrix
ScienceSoft is featured as a leading healthcare IT services provider, along with Athena Health and Oracle Cerner. This achievement is a result of 17 years of tireless pursuit of technological innovation, made possible by ScienceSoft’s passionate team of healthcare IT experts who always strive to make a difference for patients and caregivers alike.
- 17 years of expertise in healthcare and mobile domains
- Experience in Health Information Exchange platform development
- Quality management system for medical devices and SaMD backed by ISO 13485:2016 certification
- Knowledge of healthcare standards (e.g., HL7, ICD-10, CPT, XDS/XDS-I)
- Research-based user experience and user interface design
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times
- Experience with the standards of National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) concerning electronic information exchange (e.g., NCPDP D.0).
- ScienceSoft’s RPM solution won the Best Healthcare Technology Solution Award 2022 from Health Tech Digital.
Patient engagement apps
Empower patients to actively participate in their health care by taking advantage of:
- Access to patient portals
- Health education
- Search for healthcare professionals
- Patient-generated health data trackers, and more
Offer highly convenient remote healthcare services, providing:
- Safe video appointments with a doctor/nurse
- Doctor/nurse guidance between visits
- Remote diagnosing
- Vitals and symptoms tracking for gathering detailed information about patients’ health
Make sure nothing gets in the way of patients’ medication adherence as they embrace:
- Medication plans and intake reminders
- Pill identifiers
- Medication price and location search
- E-prescription, and more
Mental health apps
Help patients manage their mental state or fight mental disorders using:
- Mood diaries
- Addiction trackers
- Self-care tips and reminders
- Meditation and relaxation manuals, and more
Support patients in their recovery from illnesses or injuries with:
- Follow-up care plans
- Rehabilitation journals
- Interactive sessions for neurological rehabilitation
- Cognitive skills trainers, and more
Encourage patients to lead a healthy lifestyle with the help of:
- Fitness and exercise sessions
- Meditation manuals
- Nutrition schedules
- Nutrition calculators, and more
Engage patients with chronic conditions in continuous care and reduce complications and readmissions with the help of:
- Notifications on scheduled appointments and lab results
- Medication intake scheme and reminders
- Vitals and symptoms log
- Instructions on nutrition, physical activity, checking vitals, and more
- Gamification techniques to increase patient motivation (e.g., goal-setting, badges for results).
Pre- and postoperative care apps
Lower risks of surgical complications remotely by leveraging an app for:
- Pre-surgery or follow-up visits
- Preoperative checklists and questionnaires for recovery symptoms
- Post-surgery monitoring and physician alerts in case of symptoms or vitals indicating complications
- Medication intake scheme and recovery recommendations (nutrition, hydration, wound care)
Clinical trial apps
Reduce costs, improve your clinical trial credibility and get real-life patient data with:
- Remote monitoring of disease symptoms or medication side effects
- Patient data input via text or video chat, chatbot, or focused patient questionnaires
- Image and video capture (e.g., of healing wounds) for further analysis
- Trial data analytics
Inpatient care apps
Make patients’ hospital stay more comfortable and foster patient engagement in their care management with an app providing:
- Patient access to their medical record, lab results, and medical images
- Personal care calendar featuring upcoming tests, procedures, rounds schedule, and more
- Easy assistance requests (personal hygiene help, wheelchair request, etc.)
- Room condition control (e.g., lighting, temperature)
Foster patients’ rehabilitation after injuries or surgeries, support chronic diseases management, and provide remote physical therapy in professional sports with:
- Online physical therapy sessions
- Customizable patient therapy targets for tailored progress monitoring
- Therapy sessions and health parameters log
- Real-time treatment adjustment suggestions
Haven’t found a patient app you need?
Explore Our Patient App Demo
Take a guided tour of a sample mobile app for diabetic patients to get an idea of how your patient app may look.
Check Out Our Remote Monitoring Telehealth App Demo
Discover how a telemedicine application with remote patient monitoring functionality can facilitate patient care with such features as video appointments, alerts on abnormal health parameters, disease predictions, and more.
Patient app consulting and development
- Market and competitors research, app idea productization.
- Planning of a patient app feature set and requirements.
- Architecture design (with HIPAA compliance in mind).
- Design of UX, UI, brand visual identity.
- Development and testing of a patient app.
- Implementation of integrations with other medical software (e.g., EHR, CRM).
- Launch and support of the patient app (if required).
Patient app support and evolution
- Analysis of the patient app, your business workflows, etc.
- Patient app maintenance, troubleshooting, proactive monitoring of security and compliance.
- L1, L2, L3 support.
- Planning of a patient app evolution.
- Patient app evolution (security measures implementation, new functionality adding, etc.)
Our Happy Customers
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the app. We have also engaged them to introduce a few enhancements to the app and would certainly consider ScienceSoft as a technology partner in further software development initiatives.
We worked with ScienceSoft on the refactoring and modernization of our telehealth web portal and a cross-platform patient application. During the project, we were impressed by their code analysis proficiency and in-depth knowledge of telemedicine specifics. ScienceSoft proved to be a reliable vendor with a solid healthcare background, and we recommend them to everyone looking for a telehealth software development partner.
ScienceSoft designed and developed a native iOS app that offers a quantitative assessment of users’ physical fitness. I was impressed with the excellent level of responsibility, communication skills and mobile competences of both the management team and developers. All the tasks were completed accurately, promptly and efficiently.
Chairman & CEO
To develop a mobile application that would enhance a line of Bluetooth-enabled devices for newborn and baby care, we opened an app development tender. ScienceSoft's proof-of-concept was convincing enough for us to further the cooperation. During the project flow we were very pleased by the work of ScienceSoft’s business analysts and developers, who demonstrated high level of skills and competence.
Examples of mHealth Apps ScienceSoft Delivered
Mobile Care Coordination App for Patients and Care Team Members
The app gives patients access to their health information, the possibility to allow and deny access to their health data to a certain caregiver and communicate with caregivers via various digital channels.
Mobile Telehealth App
An Android version of a customer’s telehealth mobile app. The app enables patients to book appointments and communicate via secure video calls with their physicians.
Mobile Communication App for Elderly and Caregivers
The app provides rich functionality for multi-channel communication between seniors and their loved ones and allows sending secure text messages, making video calls, sharing photos and tracking seniors’ planned appointments and treatment.
Mobile App for a Smart Baby Care System
A baby care app for Android and iOS with a possibility to connect it with user devices, such as natural light lamps, scales and height meters, thermometers and GPS smart watches.
Inpatient Care Mobile App
An iOS mobile solution for inpatients’ entertainment, literacy and communication with caregivers.
The mobile medical apps market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 25.5%, proving that a quality patient app is a must for the providers. To develop the best medical apps for patients, we offer:
We don’t settle for one-size-fits-all development and create mobile solutions that address certain patient needs. The software feature pack is individual for every app type, corresponding to a specific health condition, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Postoperative recovery
- Mental health, etc.
Medical device integration
To allow systematic care and enhance health outcomes, we make sure our patient apps are easy to integrate with all kinds of medical tracking and measuring devices, including:
- Instant glucometers and continuous glucose monitors
- Blood pressure monitors
- Smart thermometers
- Fitness and sleep trackers
- Smart asthma inhalers
- Heart rate monitors
- Insulin pumps
We understand the importance of cooperation between patients and healthcare professionals and strive to facilitate it by providing secure data exchange options. Our medical apps for patients allow PGHD sharing, two-way access to nutrition schedules or medication plans, as well as instant communication via audio, video, and text chats. Regardless of the method, the integrity of all PHI is always guaranteed.
Each medical app for patients developed by ScienceSoft combines performance, style, and usability. We care about end-users, know their needs, and create apps that have practical value, appealing design, and self-explanatory navigation. No matter how tech-savvy you or your patients are, you will feel at ease with our apps at the first go.
If you encounter any challenges while using our healthcare apps for patients, ScienceSoft support team is here to help you round the clock. We value all user input as we are constantly improving our mobile solutions and working on making them more robust.
Healthcare software product companies
- Reduced time-to-market thanks to iterative development
- Improved conversion rates, upselling and user retention thanks to professionally designed UX
- Easy-to-evolve product due to high-quality architecture and code
- Seamless integration with other healthcare software
Medical device companies
- Easy use of medical devices – without training and manual tuning – and, as a result, improved medical device adoption
- Increased patient engagement
- Improved medical device development - thanks to the PGHD collected by patient apps
- Augmentation of medical device capabilities (e.g., with continuous progress tracking via an app)
Pharmaceutical and research companies
- Enhanced communication with patients
- Improved medication adherence
- Insights into company’s product adoption
- More personalized offers and increased loyalty
- Simplified clinical trial process
- Personalized health care
- High-quality telemedicine services
- Reduced in-person visits and re-admissions
- Enhanced health care outcomes
- Increased patient engagement
- Compliance with data integrity and data protection requirements
Our healthcare apps for patients comply with the data integrity and data protection regulations, such as HIPAA and HITECH; industry standard ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and FDA policies. All PHI is encrypted at every point of interaction and securely stored at your servers.
- Integration with other healthcare solutions
To make the best of patient apps, we guarantee the smooth integration of the apps’ back end with other software via HL7 v.2/v.3 or FHIR. When integrated, any medical app for patients can freely communicate with EHR, EMR and other systems, thus facilitating the work processes of health professionals.
- Cross-platform availability
Along with native iOS and Android solutions, we offer healthcare apps for patients developed on Xamarin. Thanks to this robust cross-platform development technology, both the performance and the design of the app remain impeccably native on any mobile platform. Make sure you reach out to all the patients, regardless of the platform they use.
Not Sure the Investments in a Custom Patient App Will Pay Off?
We can assess your project needs, help you with idea productization, and prepare a feasibility study with ROI calculation.
Start Now to Achieve Your Business Goals by the End of This Year
To ultimately reach the desired business results, up to 4 weeks should be saved for patient needs assessment and project planning. It’s high time to start!