Medical Apps for Patients
Medical apps for patients improve systematic care and continuous communication between patients and healthcare providers. With apps for patients built by ScienceSoft, you can automate patient health data collection, introduce telemedicine services, improve health outcomes, and personalize care.
Planning to Make Your Patient Care Mobile?
The patient apps we develop guarantee personalized health care and increased patient engagement.
ScienceSoft In Brief
ScienceSoft stands out from the mobile health market by presenting:
Patient engagement apps
Empower patients to actively participate in their health care by taking advantage of:
- Access to patient portals
- Health education
- Search for healthcare professionals
- Patient-generated health data trackers, and more
Offer highly convenient remote healthcare services, providing:
- Safe video appointments with a doctor/nurse
- Doctor/nurse guidance between visits
- Remote diagnosing
- Vitals and symptoms tracking for gathering detailed information about patients’ health
Make sure nothing gets in the way of patients’ medication adherence as they embrace:
- Medication plans and intake reminders
- Pill identifiers
- Medication price and location search
- E-prescription, and more
Mental health apps
Help patients manage their mental state or fight mental disorders using:
- Mood diaries
- Addiction trackers
- Self-care tips and reminders
- Meditation and relaxation manuals, and more
Support patients in their recovery from illnesses or injuries with:
- Follow-up care plans
- Rehabilitation journals
- Interactive sessions for neurological rehabilitation
- Cognitive skills trainers, and more
Encourage patients to lead a healthy lifestyle with the help of:
- Fitness and exercise sessions
- Meditation manuals
- Nutrition schedules
- Nutrition calculators, and more
Chronic disease management apps
Engage patients with chronic conditions in continuous care and reduce complications and readmissions with the help of:
- Notifications on scheduled appointments and lab results
- Medication intake scheme and reminders
- Vitals and symptoms log
- Instructions on nutrition, physical activity, checking vitals, and more
- Gamification techniques to increase patient motivation (e.g., goal-setting, badges for results).
Pre- and postoperative care apps
Lower risks of surgical complications remotely by leveraging an app for:
- Pre-surgery or follow-up visits
- Preoperative checklists and questionnaires for recovery symptoms
- Post-surgery monitoring and physician alerts in case of symptoms or vitals indicating complications
- Medication intake scheme and recovery recommendations (nutrition, hydration, wound care)
Clinical trial apps
Reduce costs, improve your clinical trial credibility and get real-life patient data with:
- Remote monitoring of disease symptoms or medication side effects
- Patient data input via text or video chat, chatbot, or focused patient questionnaires
- Image and video capture (e.g., of healing wounds) for further analysis
- Trial data analytics
Inpatient care apps
Make patients’ hospital stay more comfortable and foster patient engagement in their care management with an app providing:
- Patient access to their medical record, lab results, and medical images
- Personal care calendar featuring upcoming tests, procedures, rounds schedule, and more
- Easy assistance requests (personal hygiene help, wheelchair request, etc.)
- Room condition control (e.g., lighting, temperature)
Physical therapy apps
Foster patients’ rehabilitation after injuries or surgeries, support chronic diseases management, and provide remote physical therapy in professional sports with:
- Online physical therapy sessions
- Customizable patient therapy targets for tailored progress monitoring
- Therapy sessions and health parameters log
- Real-time treatment adjustment suggestions
Explore Our Patient App Demo
Take a guided tour of a sample mobile app for diabetic patients to get an idea of how your patient app may look.
Check Out Our Remote Monitoring Telehealth App Demo
Discover how a telemedicine application with remote patient monitoring functionality can facilitate patient care with such features as video appointments, alerts on abnormal health parameters, disease predictions, and more.
Our Customers Say
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. ScienceSoft developers proved themselves to be Android experts. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the Android app. The estimate and timeline that they committed themselves to at the outset proved to be very accurate.
Justin Turner, CTO, Chiron Health
Mobile Care Coordination App for Patients and Care Team Members
The app gives patients access to their health information, the possibility to allow and deny access to their health data to a certain caregiver and communicate with caregivers via various digital channels.
Mobile Telehealth App
An Android version of a customer’s telehealth mobile app. The app enables patients to book appointments and communicate via secure video calls with their physicians.
Mobile Communication App for Elderly and Caregivers
The app provides rich functionality for multi-channel communication between seniors and their loved ones and allows sending secure text messages, making video calls, sharing photos and tracking seniors’ planned appointments and treatment.
Mobile App for a Smart Baby Care System
A baby care app for Android and iOS with a possibility to connect it with user devices, such as natural light lamps, scales and height meters, thermometers and GPS smart watches.
Inpatient Care Mobile App
An iOS mobile solution for inpatients’ entertainment, literacy and communication with caregivers.
Healthcare software product companies
Medical device companies
Pharmaceutical and research companies
The mobile medical apps market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 25.5%, proving that a quality patient app is a must for the providers. To develop the best medical apps for patients, we offer:
We don’t settle for one-size-fits-all development and create mobile solutions that address certain patient needs. The software feature pack is individual for every app type, corresponding to a specific health condition, such as:
We understand the importance of cooperation between patients and healthcare professionals and strive to facilitate it by providing secure data exchange options. Our medical apps for patients allow PGHD sharing, two-way access to nutrition schedules or medication plans, as well as instant communication via audio, video, and text chats. Regardless of the method, the integrity of all PHI is always guaranteed.
Each medical app for patients developed by ScienceSoft combines performance, style, and usability. We care about end-users, know their needs, and create apps that have practical value, appealing design, and self-explanatory navigation. No matter how tech-savvy you or your patients are, you will feel at ease with our apps at the first go.
Medical device integration
To allow systematic care and enhance health outcomes, we make sure our patient apps are easy to integrate with all kinds of medical tracking and measuring devices, including:
If you encounter any challenges while using our healthcare apps for patients, ScienceSoft support team is here to help you round the clock. We value all user input as we are constantly improving our mobile solutions and working on making them more robust.
- Compliance with data integrity and data protection requirements
Our healthcare apps for patients comply with the data integrity and data protection regulations, such as HIPAA and HITECH; industry standard ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and FDA policies. All PHI is encrypted at every point of interaction and securely stored at your servers.
- Integration with other healthcare solutions
To make the best of patient apps, we guarantee the smooth integration of the apps’ back end with other software via HL7 v.2/v.3 or FHIR. When integrated, any medical app for patients can freely communicate with EHR, EMR and other systems, thus facilitating the work processes of health professionals.
- Cross-platform availability
Along with native iOS and Android solutions, we offer healthcare apps for patients developed on Xamarin. Thanks to this robust cross-platform development technology, both the performance and the design of the app remain impeccably native on any mobile platform. Make sure you reach out to all the patients, regardless of the platform they use.
Not Sure the Investments in a Custom Patient App Will Pay Off?
We can assess your project needs and prepare a feasibility study with ROI calculation.
Start Now to Achieve Your Business Goals by the End of This Year
To ultimately reach the desired outcomes of your patient app implementation, up to 4 weeks should be saved for patient needs assessment and project planning. It’s high time to start!