Help Desk Outsourcing Services
Equip Your Org with Effective Support
ScienceSoft will take care of user, software, and IT infrastructure support letting you get the maximum value from your digital environment and shift your focus to strategic goals.
Help desk outsourcing is a strategy in which a company entrusts resolving employees’ or customers’ user issues (L1) and technical issues (L2, L3) of IT infrastructure or its components to a 3rd party. In help desk services since 2007, ScienceSoft provides mature and effective L1-L3 support on a 24/7 basis to cover all time zones from North America and Europe to Australia and New Zealand.
Select Your Case
Why Choose ScienceSoft
- Included in the 2022 IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 list as one of the world’s best outsourcing service providers and advisors.
To get the most of outsourced IT support, we offer segmenting the support team into different levels according to the complexity of issues they are expected to handle.
We help to resolve the issues of software and network configuration, software and hardware interoperability, perform log investigation to identify root causes of problems (e.g., server overload) and fix them if enhancements at the code level are not needed. We are also ready to offer combined L1/L2 support to speed up ticket processing.
As an option, we offer L3 support. It includes tackling complex issues on the code level. We involve software engineers who can assist with fixing defects uncovered by L1 and L2 agents.
Our IT Help Desk Communication Channels
Languages Our Help Desk Teams Speak
Thorough IT background
With the profound experience in software development, QA, IT infrastructure services and more, we establish and run proactive and prompt IT infrastructure and software support.
Based on dozens of successful help desk projects we’ve had, we know how to establish collaboration between help desk specialists and developers, admins, the QA team, and other in-house and external professionals.
We adjust to our customers’ diverse and changing requirements for the size and skills of a help desk team, time coverage, pricing models, and communication channels.
Focus on quality
We offer mature help desk services and continuously improve their quality by knowledge accumulation and transfer, investing in relevant training of help desk agents, making process changes to enhance help desk KPIs, and more.
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022
ScienceSoft is one of 500 companies with the highest compound annual growth rate in revenue. This achievement is a result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and find best-value solutions to clients' needs.
How We Arrange Our IT Help Desk Services
1. Analysis of your request
We analyze your request for support services, identify user roles and their access levels and estimate the number and urgency of incoming requests. This will help us size up the efforts required for your project.
2. Service planning and SLA preparation
We discuss with you the details of our cooperation and prepare the service level agreement (SLA) accordingly. Depending on a particular case, this document normally includes:
- The description of the support service package and the estimated budget.
- Support hours (for example, 24/7 or 12/5 servicing) and languages of communication.
- The support team’s size and expertise, levels of support provided, contact channels and the type of the ticketing system used.
- Definitions of incident priorities.
- Incident response time depending on its priority.
- A reporting schedule and the data that reports should contain.
To ensure that the chosen scope of our services corresponds to your business needs and expectations, we offer a three-month trial period and can introduce the changes to SLA, if needed.
3. Knowledge and responsibility transfer
We study software documentation, conduct interviews with your company representatives and analyze software functionality. This helps us to understand how software is designed and how it is expected to behave. Then, we prepare the needed documentation and instructions for our team.
When knowledge transfer is completed, we set up a support handover meeting to transfer responsibility from your development or another support team to our help desk specialists.
4. Service delivery
- Processing requests according to SLA: we receive, assess, prioritize, and handle incidents. We regularly update users about the status of their current tickets to keep them informed. Besides incidents, we solve problems that cause multiple similar incidents to occur. This allows for preventing software failures.
- Analyzing results and delivering monthly reports: we provide you with the reports containing the statistics on incidents in the agreed format.
- Gathering user feedback: we collect users’ feedback about software, gather change requests and thus supply get the info that prompts at how to modify software according to user needs.
- Creating the knowledge base: on the basis of the encountered and solved cases, our team prepares FAQs, articles and other materials that can help software users to solve similar incidents. This significantly decreases the number of incoming tickets and reduces incident resolution time.
- Conducting proactive support: monitoring your software and detecting abnormalities in its performance, we identify potential issues and address them even before service tickets come.
- Offering process improvements: using KPIs, we analyze the performance of our help desk team and define possible improvements in help desk operations. After prioritizing these ideas based on potential business results, we discuss them with you and implement the approved improvement ideas.
- First response time (FRT) measures the period between when a customer submits a ticket and a customer support agent provides an initial response.
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) is usually based on short surveys that users fill out.
- Resolution Rate (RR) shows the percentage of issues resolved by support agents from the number of total tickets received.
Examples of optional KPIs
- Average time to resolution tracks how long customers have to wait for service agents to resolve their tickets.
- Abandonment rate for calls measures percentage of non-answered calls within the specified timing.
- Critical management requires to ensure that a critical case will be escalated to an appropriate person/department.
The final set of KPIs is agreed with each customer.
Improving solution adoption: your product end users are provided with prompt and comprehensive answers to their questions on software usage, which helps them to uncover and realize the full potential of the solution.
Increasing end user satisfaction levels: software issues that your clients or employees face are solved as quickly as possible, which makes your clients and employees more loyal to your software products and company.
Eliminating staff issues: since you don’t have to hire, onboard and train help desk specialists in your internal team, you avoid unwanted investments and commitments to save time and money for the more relevant business needs.
Service desk outsourcing: we can do more than just setting up an efficient incident management process. We know how to provide high-quality services to end users and handle user communication, e.g., announcing planned changes to IT infrastructure components.
What You Get when Outsourcing IT Help Desk to Us
- Regular service level reports.
- Incident reports with root cause analysis.
- Knowledge base articles on various types of typical help desk requests.
- User guides and FAQ.
- Help desk assessments based on user surveys.
How Much Will Outsourced Help Desk Cost You?
A price depends on the support level, time coverage and the expected number of requests per month. Our team is ready to provide an estimate upon your request.