Security Program Development
Building Future-Proof Cyber Defense Strategies
With 33 years in IT and 19 years in cybersecurity, ScienceSoft helps companies in 30+ industries develop comprehensive risk-based security programs tailored to their specific IT environments and needs.
Security program development is a comprehensive service that starts with a deep analysis of a company’s business specifics and IT environment. Based on that, security engineers define the policies, procedures, and techs needed to fully cover an organization’s unique security and compliance needs.
- IT assets inventory management procedures.
- Risk assessment plan and schedule.
- Risk mitigation strategy.
- Identity management, authentication and access control policies and procedures.
- Data security policies and procedures.
- Requirements for protective technology: e.g., firewalls, antimalware, DLP, IAM, anti-phishing systems.
- Employee security awareness policies and procedures.
- Vulnerability management policies and procedures.
Incident response and recovery
- A clear outline of incident response roles and responsibilities.
- Incident communication plan.
- Incident investigation procedures.
- Incident mitigation measures.
- Incident recovery policies and procedures.
- 19 years in IT security, 200+ successful cybersecurity projects.
- IBM Business Partner in Security Operations and Response since 2003.
- Hands-on experience with major cybersecurity standards and regulations: HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, SOC 2, NIST SP 800-53.
- Certificates of Internal Auditors for ISO 9001, 13485, 27001.
- Proficiency in the best security practices outlined by NIST CSF, OWASP ASVS, CIS Benchmarks, ISO 27001, and more.
Ready to handle complex infrastructures and advanced techs
- 14 years in ITSM.
- 11 years in IoT development.
- 10 years in cloud services; Microsoft Solutions Partner, AWS Select Tier Services Partner.
- Hands-on experience with blockchain, AR/VR, AI/ML consulting and development.
Dedicated to quality
- A mature quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certification.
- Full security of the data entrusted to us proven by ISO 27001 certification.
- A leading outsourcing provider recognized by IAOP.
Trusted by global brands
- Sensitive and business-critical data handled by the client: e.g., personally identifiable information (PII), intellectual property, financial data, codebases.
- Software: operation systems, web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- IT infrastructure components: workstations, network devices, databases, servers, API gateways, cloud services, etc.
- Employees operating within the company’s IT environment.
- Third-party service providers that have access to a company’s sensitive data or IT infrastructure.
Creating the current security profile
We elicit and evaluate the existing security measures designed to identify, protect against, respond to, and recover from cyber threats.
To define and prioritize the cybersecurity risks faced by an organization, we:
- Analyze and categorize the processes and assets within the security program scope; outline the potential threats to them and the vulnerabilities they might contain.
- Detect the existing security gaps through policy review, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, software architecture and code review, social engineering testing.
- Analyze and classify the detected vulnerabilities by their criticality, depending on the likelihood and potential impact of their exploitation.
Creating the target cybersecurity profile
We describe the full set of administrative and technical security controls required to manage the discovered risks and handle potential cybersecurity incidents.
Comparing the as-is and the target profiles, we determine and prioritize the gaps that need to be filled to achieve the target level of protection.
Security program design
Depending on the needs of a specific organization and the service scope, we can provide:
- A prioritized action plan on security program design or improvement with time and budget estimates.
- A cybersecurity framework tailored to a customer’s business specifics and regulatory requirements. It includes processes, policies, and procedures on the managerial, operational, and technical levels.
- A charter that defines how the security program will work in the context of the organization, including the scope, mission, objectives, roles and responsibilities, etc.
- A tailored set of metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the security program and ensuring its continuity.
Implementation assistance (optional)
At the customer’s request, we can implement the full scope of measures described in the new security program:
- Set up and configure preventive and detective network security tools: firewalls, antimalware, IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM, SOAR, and others.
- Implement the necessary application security features: strong data encryption, input validation, multi-factor authentication, data backup, etc.
- Perform regular vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and other audit services to monitor the IT infrastructure security in the long run.
- Conduct security training to raise employees’ security awareness, and more.
We design a cybersecurity program taking into account the existing security practices, threat environment, legal and regulatory requirements, business objectives, organizational and budgetary constraints. This helps you avoid extra spending on cybersecurity yet ensure maximum protection of your IT assets.
Measurable, KPI-based results
To ensure that the security program stays consistent, adequate, reasonable, and effective, we offer a tailored set of metrics based on Gartner's CARE framework. They may include KPIs such as the percentage of regularly patched assets, the average number of days required to remedy critical vulnerabilities, or the share of employees who have received security training within the last 12 months.
With hands-on experience in securing remote access, cloud, and advanced techs (e.g., IoT, blockchain, VR/AR), we know how to build security programs that can handle the risks associated with the latest IT trends.
We offer flexible security programs that can be adapted to the quickly changing business and IT landscape. When you extend your vendor base, shift to remote work, or adopt new technology, your security program won’t become a limiting factor to your business growth.
Top Concerns about Security Program Development, Answered
A full-fledged security program is an expensive initiative. How can we be sure it will pay off?
When building security programs, we consider your budget and staff constraints, industry-specific risks and regulatory requirements, and the cost-loss ratio for your specific case. An all-around security program is not a one-time indulgence: you get a well-designed strategy that will help prove your compliance to regulatory authorities and minimize the risk of cyber threats, and therefore avoid hefty costs of security and compliance breaches in the long run. Plus, you can implement the program iteratively, gradually increasing its maturity level.
Will a vendor with broad competencies be able to dive deeply into the specifics of our industry?
For decades, ScienceSoft has been delivering IT services to 30+ industries, including banking and finance, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, oil and gas. We have first-hand knowledge of software and IT infrastructure specifics in these domains. We also have practical experience with major security standards and offer dedicated services to help companies in highly regulated industries achieve compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS, and more.
Security program consulting
We analyze your as-is security posture and create an actionable roadmap to building a robust security program: the essential areas to cover, time and budget estimations, the required team composition, and projected deliverables.
Security program improvement
We review your existing program and suggest improvements to optimize your corporate security management and ensure full coverage of all your security and compliance needs.
End-to-end security program development
We are ready to take care of everything: from program scoping and risk assessment to eliciting and documenting a full set of security policies and procedures tailored to your IT environment and corporate specifics.
Join Our Happy Customers
Thanks to ScienceSoft's high-quality services, we were able to locate and neutralize vulnerabilities and ensure the security of our customers' personal data, as well as protect our services from potential attacks. We were very pleased to see such a comprehensive approach. During our cooperation, ScienceSoft's team showed deep cybersecurity expertise as well as excellent communication skills, quickly addressing any of our questions and concerns.
We've been working with ScienceSoft for almost a year and it has been a great experience throughout. The team is very professional, well-organized, and is always on top of the finer details. We're impressed by their passion for solving problems and implementing improvements. This is exactly what a long-term, harmonious partnership should look like.
We are satisfied with the penetration testing services provided by ScienceSoft and with their team’s attention to detail and proactive approach to collaboration. They were also very responsive and eagerly suggested security enhancements. We highly recommend ScienceSoft as a reliable cybersecurity partner.
Our experience of cooperation with ScienceSoft’s security testing team proved the company to be a competent cybersecurity services provider. We consider ScienceSoft to be a reliable business partner who understands how to make collaboration beneficial. Thanks for fruitful cooperation!
Destination: Security. We’ll Get You There!
Don’t wait another year to improve your security controls or finally develop a robust security program: our experts are ready to jump into your project within just 1–3 days. Reach out to them now!