Penetration Testing Services
Penetration testing helps detect and exploit security vulnerabilities in an IT infrastructure or its components. A penetration testing company with 19 years in the security domain, ScienceSoft assists in preventing possible breaches to the IT environment and reinforcing existing security controls.
Do You Need to Verify and Attest Your IT Landscape or an App Is Intrusion-Proof?
ScienceSoft’s Certified Ethical Hackers will be pleased to verify the level of your cyber-protection and help you make it bulletproof.
We recommend to fulfill a pentest in case if:
- Regularly scheduled analysis and assessments are required by regulatory mandates.
- New network infrastructure or applications were added.
- Significant upgrades or modifications to infrastructure or applications were made.
- New office locations were established.
- End-user policies were modified.
- Corporate IT was significantly changed.
Ethical Hacking to Prevent a Potential Intrusion
ScienceSoft offers complete penetration testing services designed to identify system vulnerabilities, validate existing security measures and provide a detailed remediation roadmap.
Our team, equipped with the latest tools and industry-specific test scenarios, is ready to deliver a thorough checkup to pinpoint system vulnerabilities, as well as flaws in application, service and OS, loopholes in configurations, and potentially dangerous non-compliance with security policies.
Types of a penetration test we provide:
ScienceSoft's team provided the full package of penetration testing services for our web application. Thanks to ScienceSoft's high-quality services, we were able to locate and neutralize vulnerabilities and ensure the security of our customers' personal data, as well as protect our services from potential attacks.
Yoni Silberberg, Co-Founder at SubPLY, a live captioning software provider
We work in life-like conditions having strictly limited knowledge of your network and no information on the security policies, network structure, software and network protection used
We examine your system having some information on your network, such as user login details, architecture diagrams or the network’s overview
We identify potential points of weakness by using admin rights and access to server configuration files, database encryption principles, source code or architecture documentation
ScienceSoft performed penetration testing of two web applications and an external IP address for us. ScienceSoft’s team used the black box testing model, so they had strictly limited knowledge of our IT environment in general and the testing targets in particular. Their team provided penetration testing in a timely and professional manner and gave us valuable recommendations on improving the security of our web apps and the external IP address.
Rostyslav-Pavlo Shemeliak, Vice-President at Stobox, a cryptocurrency exchange platform provider
Pre-attack phase / Planning
- Defining the intruder model (internal or external, enabled rights and privileges).
- Defining goals, source data, scope of work and testing targets.
- Determining the scope of a target environment.
- Developing the testing methodology.
- Defining interaction and communication procedures.
Attack phase / Testing
- Fieldwork, service identification.
- Custom scanning or intrusion tools are developed if needed.
- Vulnerabilities detection and scanning, elimination of false positives.
- Vulnerabilities exploit and gaining an unauthorized access.
- Utilization of compromised systems as a springboard for further intrusion.
Post-attack phase / Reporting
- Result analysis and reporting with recommendations for reducing risks.
- Visual demonstration of the damage that can be inflicted to the system by an intruder.
Additionally, we can also eliminate the detected vulnerabilities.
Upon the completion of security tests, we got comprehensive reports with the detailed information on the detected critical and non-critical security weaknesses and recommended measures to mitigate them. After we carried out the remediation of critical vulnerabilities, ScienceSoft’s security engineers retested the protection of our web application again to confirm its high security level and delivered an updated final report to us.
Dzmitry Nikitsin, CTO at Appcast, a programmatic job advertising software provider
Complete view of vulnerabilities
We provide detailed information on real security threats, help to identify the most critical and less significant vulnerabilities along with false positives, so that the Customer can prioritize remediation, apply needed security patches and allocate security resources.
Regulatory compliance (GLBA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA/NIST)
The detailed reports generated after penetration testing help to avoid fines for non-compliance and allow to illustrate due diligence to auditors by maintaining required security controls.
Avoiding the cost of system/network downtime
ScienceSoft’s team provides specific guidance and recommendations to avoid financial pitfalls by identifying and addressing risks before attacks or security breaches occur.
Why Choose ScienceSoft
- ISO 27001 ensured customers' data security.
- Successfully completed penetration tests in healthcare, financial services, telecom and other domains.
- Safe and controlled activities to keep the tested system undamaged.
- Experience in development of custom tools (scripts, exploits).
- Experience in auditing configuration files and source codes (white box).
- Checking any threat from WASC threat classification.
How Much Will It Cost for Your Project?
We shape the final price based on the number of targets and the required testing methods. We will be pleased to provide an estimate for your project.
We were under some time pressure to get penetration testing performed as quickly as possible. When I reached out ScienceSoft, they were immediately responsive to my inquiry, they provided a very competitive quote quickly, and they were able to schedule the testing shortly after our acceptance of the quote.
Ed Gordon, VP Products at Simpli5 / 5 Dynamics, a team management software provider
Do not Postpone Your IT Environment’s Security Any Further
We can start shaping up an optimal penetration testing offer for you right away. Please attach your NDA and RFP documents, if any, and state a deadline for submitting a proposal.