IT Risk Assessment Services
Detecting and Preventing Potential IT Threats
With 20 years in IT consulting and 19 years in cybersecurity, ScienceSoft helps companies in 30+ industries understand and manage their IT risks.
IT risk assessment is aimed at analyzing a company’s IT assets to identify potential cyber threats, detect vulnerabilities, and evaluate the likelihood and the impact of them being exploited. The assessment findings serve to define and prioritize the remediation activities needed to secure a company’s IT environment.
Defining the risk assessment scope
Before we launch the assessment process, we:
- Analyze a company's business specifics and IT infrastructure.
- Define potential IT threat sources.
- Identify applicable mandatory and voluntary standards and regulations to comply with (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, etc.).
Inventorying and prioritizing IT assets
Risk assessment targets include:
- IT policies and processes: access control, acceptable use, vulnerability management, compliance measures, etc.
- Software: operating systems, applications, development tools, etc.
- Hardware: workstations, servers, IoT devices, etc.
- Data assets.
- Employees operating within the company’s IT infrastructure.
Identifying IT security threats
- Malicious attacks: malware, social engineering, DDoS, APT, etc.
- Harm caused by employees due to lack of security awareness or negligence enabled by insufficient policies.
- Hardware/software failures and data loss due to software bugs, power outages, etc.
- Natural disasters or improper environmental conditions causing damage to hardware assets.
Depending on the customer’s needs, we:
- Analyze the gaps in IT security policies and procedures.
- Interview the employees to check their security awareness and adherence to the established IT policies.
- Use social engineering to test the employees’ susceptibility to phishing.
- Perform security testing of software and IT infrastructure: vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, software source code review.
Analyzing the existing IT security measures
- Security management documents and processes.
- Prevention and monitoring solutions: firewalls, IPS, SIEM, etc.
Defining the vulnerabilities' severity and prioritizing risks
- The likelihood of a vulnerability being exploited.
- The potential impact of the vulnerability exploitation.
- The risk priority and remediation costs.
We help minimize the detected risks by:
- Designing optimal corrective measures to fix the security gaps.
- Defining the order of remediation steps according to their criticality.
- Performing the needed remediation activities (if required): developing missing IT policies, establishing security training process, setting up the missing security tools, fixing software vulnerabilities, etc.
As the main deliverable of IT risk assessment services, we provide a comprehensive report describing the assets under risk, the existing vulnerabilities prioritized by their severity, and remediation recommendations. Depending on our customers’ specific needs and the IT infrastructure complexity, we can also provide:
Our Customers Say
We commissioned ScienceSoft to carry out penetration testing of our external and internal infrastructure, including penetration testing of a communication web app. During the project, ScienceSoft’s team found 18 vulnerabilities, delivered a detailed report on all the detected issues, and provided recommendations on how to improve the security of the tested objects. They also provided comprehensive answers to all our questions during and after testing and assisted with remediation of the discovered vulnerabilities. The team conducted penetration testing in line with all our requirements, one of which was performing the project within the EU borders in order to comply with the GDPR regulations.
We are fully satisfied with the project’s results and our cooperation with ScienceSoft.
Ilya Ostrovskiy, Chief Product Officer, Apifonica
- 19 years in cybersecurity.
- 14 years in IT service management.
- Certificates of Internal Auditors for ISO 9001, 13485, 27001.
- Experience with HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, and other major security standards and regulations.
- An IBM Business Partner in Security Operations & Response since 2003.
- Microsoft Gold Partner, AWS Select Tier Services Partner.
- Quality management and customers’ data security confirmed by ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications.
IT Risk Assessment Challenges We Handle
It is not easy to find an IT risk assessment vendor well versed in a specific industry to identify the less obvious IT threats targeting companies in the domain.
Check the solution
We appoint specialists with the relevant domain expertise for each specific project and combine various assessment techniques for a full view of vulnerabilities and potential threats a company is exposed to.
Identifying IT risks is just the first little step – it is crucial to mitigate them as soon as possible.
Check the solution
Our competent team of information security consultants, cybersecurity engineers, software developers can perform any required remediation activity, addressing the most critical risks first and proceeding with less severe ones.
Targeted IT risk assessment
- Analyzing the predefined targets requiring IT risk assessment (high-priority IT assets, newly built or significantly modified IT infrastructure, recently established IT processes) to detect vulnerabilities and identify potential threats.
- Providing risk mitigation recommendations.
All-around IT risk assessment
- Comprehensive analysis of your business specifics, IT policies, processes, and IT environment.
- Identifying existing IT risks and prioritizing them by their criticality.
- Providing a detailed risk mitigation plan.
IT risk assessment and mitigation
- Performing targeted or all-round assessment of your IT assets.
- Developing a comprehensive risk mitigation plan to remediate the discovered vulnerabilities.
- Mitigating the detected risks in accordance with their severity.
Knowing Your IT Risks: Alert Today, Secure Tomorrow
IT Risk Assessment by ScienceSoft will enable you to:
Get an efficient IT risk management strategy that is tailored to your company’s processes and needs.
Eliminate industry-specific security gaps that may go unnoticed.
Facilitate your compliance with security standards.