Security Assessment Services
All-Around Security System Evaluation and Remediation Aid
With 19 years in cybersecurity, ScienceSoft offers security assessment services. We check every security aspect within a company, and help remediate security flaws.
Security assessment is a full-scale evaluation of a company's security posture, which implies:
- Auditing different layers of security: policies, processes, technology, people.
- Checking all the IT environment components: networks, applications, email services, etc.
- Applying different assessment techniques: auditing, scanning, testing, interviewing.
- Using different approaches to security assessment: automated tools and manual validation of the findings.
- Checking data security compliance with major standards and regulations: HIPAA, PCI DSS and PCI SSF, GLBA, SOC 2, GDPR.
Security assessment is a compound offering, and we bring together our entire cybersecurity expertise to provide it. Within this service, we offer:
We check the effectiveness of security controls in place:
- Technology controls, such as security configurations of hardware and software, security tools.
- Process controls, e.g., security monitoring, incident response and system recovery.
- People controls: security awareness of the employees.
We detect vulnerabilities by scanning:
- Network, e.g., servers, workstations, network interface devices.
- Applications: web, mobile, and desktop apps.
We simulate real-world attacks to find vulnerabilities and attempt to penetrate the system through:
- Internal networks.
- Publicly accessible systems, such as customer-facing apps, IoT systems, email services.
- Remote access infrastructure.
To check employees’ resilience to social engineering attacks, we simulate:
- Phishing scam – malicious emails sent to multiple employees.
- Spear phishing – emails targeting specific employees (e.g., holding access to restricted information).
- Whaling – emails targeting C-level executives.
- Vishing – manipulative phone calls.
- Smishing – manipulative mobile text messages.
To evaluate IT risks, we:
- Identify security vulnerabilities in policies and procedures, IT environment, human behavior.
- Define security threats posed by the discovered vulnerabilities: data theft, malware spread, account takeover, etc.
- Assess the likelihood and severity of potential consequences in case of vulnerability exploitation.
To help companies identify gaps and strengthen their compliance, we:
- Assess the existing security controls against the relevant standards, e.g., HIPAA, PCI DSS/PCI SSF, GDPR.
- Evaluate the employees' awareness of applicable standards and regulations.
- Provide remediation guidance to manage compliance risks.
- Help close compliance gaps, e.g., design and implement a network architecture compliant with a required standard, migrate to a complaint cloud, set up a data encryption mechanism.
- Security audit report.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment reports describing and prioritizing the detected vulnerabilities.
- Social engineering campaign report.
- Risk assessment report.
- Compliance gap analysis report.
- Network configuration diagrams.
- Report on the existing gaps in the IT policies and procedures.
- Report on the staff’s cyber awareness.
- Report on the state of IT security training materials.
- Remediation guidelines: an IT risk mitigation plan, a list of corrective measures for all the detected vulnerabilities.
- Recommendations on improving policies and procedures: e.g., on how to improve the security training process and corresponding materials to enhance the staff’s security awareness.
- Remediation help: e.g., secure network architecture design, secure software architecture design, a list of software security features.
- 19 years in information security, vast experience in security testing.
- Experience of secure software development in highly regulated industries like healthcare and financial services.
- 10 years in cloud consulting and development.
- Experienced information security consultants, compliance consultants, and security engineers on board.
- One of the top HIPAA consulting companies in the ranking by Atlantic.net.
- ScienceSoft’s QLEAN App Suite is a finalist of the 2021 IBM Beacon Award for Outstanding Security Solution.
Our Customers Say
We hired ScienceSoft’s cybersecurity team to validate the security of our external and internal corporate networks. For the corporate networks, they performed black box and grey box penetration testing of our multiple IP addresses. Testing took only five days to validate to complete. After penetration testing was finished, we received a comprehensive report containing all the found vulnerabilities classified according to their criticality and recommendations on their mitigation.
In their review of our AWS services (Identity and Access Management (IAM), VPC Service Controls, AWS Config, CloudTrail, etc.) they checked the security of cloud environment configurations and our corporate data stored in the cloud and the effectiveness of our security practices in AWS. After that, we received another report with clear recommendations on how to enhance the cybersecurity of our AWS environment. We were very satisfied with the professional, timely, and friendly service and we greatly appreciate their help in securing our networks.
Joel B. Cohen, President, USPlate Glass Insurance Company
Benefits of Security Assessment with ScienceSoft
With hands-on experience in 30+ industries, we assign specialists with the relevant domain expertise to each specific project to ensure deep understanding of the business specifics.
Complete view of vulnerabilities
We combine different assessment techniques and tools to detect maximum vulnerabilities at all levels of your IT security system.
We classify vulnerabilities based on their criticality to help you prioritize remediation activities and wisely allocate resources.
We help you pinpoint and strengthen vulnerable areas in your cyberdefense before hackers can take advantage of them.
We leverage our experience with major security standards (PCI DSS, PCI SSF, HIPAA, ISO 27001, GDPR) to help you detect and remediate security gaps hindering your compliance.
IT Security Assessment for an Asian Retail Bank with 550 Branches
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of the network’s external perimeter.
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of the network’s internal environment (servers, firewalls, etc.).
- Security risk assessment of the client digital channels (internet banking, mobile banking, POS merchant service, QR code payments, clients’ payments, and communication in social networks).
- Simulation of social engineering attacks.
IT security assessment
We check the efficiency of your security controls, detect existing security gaps and provide remediation guidance to manage identified risks.
IT security assessment and remediation
We perform any activities required to eliminate security flaws detected during the security assessment: from designing efficient security policies and enhancing employees’ cybersecurity awareness to setting up network and software security controls.
Why Businesses Turn for IT Security Assessment Services
Professional IT security assessment becomes a real lifesaver while IT environments of most companies keep growing more complicated and less controllable, due to:
Transition to remote work and resulting decentralization of a company's IT environment
A growing number of connected devices powered by IoT technology
Massive amounts of users' data in social media, which boosts social engineering attacks
Get Your Cybersecurity Under Control
Go for our IT security assessment services to become fully informed about your security posture, get the required help on security gaps remediation and stay immune to cyberattacks.