Penetration Testing Services for Network Security
Handling IT security challenges for 19 years, ScienceSoft offers black box, gray box and white box pentesting to reveal internal and external vulnerabilities in a network.
Network penetration testing detects and explores security gaps (weak encryption protocols, inadequate passwords, misconfigured firewalls, etc.) by imitating methods hackers would use to break into an IT network.
As a result of network penetration test, ScienceSoft offers comprehensive technical and non-technical reports on the testing process, discovered network security gaps as well as recommendations on their mitigation:
A detailed description of detected network vulnerabilities, their criticality and potential impact on your IT environment and business.
A list of modifications in the network that were performed during testing.
Test protocol (techniques and tools used, network components tested and issues detected).
Practical guidance on how to fix the discovered vulnerabilities.
- 19 years in cybersecurity.
- An IBM Business Partner in Security Operations & Response since 2003.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Times.
- 200+ successfully completed cybersecurity projects in banking, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, telecoms and other domains.
- A competent pentesting team including Certified Ethical Hackers.
- ISO 27001 certified.
- Safe and controlled pentesting activities to avoid network disruption.
- Experience in development of custom scripts and exploits.
For the corporate networks, they performed black box and grey box penetration testing of our multiple IP addresses. Testing took only five days to validate to complete. After penetration testing was finished, we received a comprehensive report containing all the found vulnerabilities classified according to their criticality and recommendations on their mitigation. We were very satisfied with the professional, timely, and friendly service and we greatly appreciate their help in securing our networks.
Joel B. Cohen, President, USPlate Glass Insurance Company
Network components we test
- Client computers.
- Connecting devices (switchers, routers, modems, bridges, gateways, repeaters etc.).
- Security components (IDS/IPS, firewalls, anti-malware applications etc.).
- IoT devices.
- Network OS.
- Protocol suites (ТСP/IP, FTP, SMTP etc.)
- Ransomware attacks.
- APT (Advanced Persistence Threats).
- Virus dissemination.
- Other malware attacks (worms, keyloggers, rootkits etc.).
- DoS and DDoS attacks.
- SQL injection.
- Man-in-the-middle attacks/
- Brute-force attacks.
- Insider threats (data theft or fraud, sabotage, etc.)
Network attacks we help prevent
- Weak or missing passwords.
- Misconfigured firewalls.
- Missing patches.
- Poorly configured Wi-Fi.
- Weak encryption protocols.
- Poor remote access controls.
- Network OS misconfigurations.
- And others.
- External network security testing.
- Acting as a typical hacker.
- No prior knowledge of the network and its technical characteristics.
- The quickest and the most life-like network penetration test.
- The cheapest option.
- Acting as a user who has access to the network and certain knowledge about it.
- Insights into external and internal vulnerabilities.
- Combining thorough vulnerability exploration with real-life hacking approach.
- Moderate pricing.
- Acting as a privileged insider with admin rights (having network map and credentials, etc.)
- Uncovering the maximum number of vulnerabilities.
- The most time-consuming and expensive penetration test.
ScienceSoft’s experts carry out pentesting in 3 stages:
- Discussing the customer’s goals: to assess network security resilience to external cyberattacks, to discover maximum exploitable vulnerabilities, to detect deviations from regulatory standards on cybersecurity, etc.
- Studying relevant documentation: network specifications, cases of network usage.
- Defining the scope, approach (black, white or gray box penetration test), timing (during or after normal operating hours, on weekends etc.), and timeframe.
- Running port and network scanners to map network components and locate vulnerabilities.
- Discovering entry points to the network.
- Breaking into the network without being detected by firewalls, IPS/IDS, anti-spyware etc.
- Maintaining network access for further examination and deeper penetration.
- Preparing a technical report for the client’s IT team and a non-technical report for the management.
- A comprehensive review of the pentesting project: techniques and tools applied, vulnerabilities in order of priority, possible ways to exploit existing security gaps, their impact on business and potential financial losses.
- Recommendations on how to fix vulnerabilities and fortify network security.
Network Penetration Testing for a US Insurance Service Provider
As a result of black box network pentests, ScienceSoft’s experts revealed existing vulnerabilities including server misconfigurations, inadequate encryption protocols, and provided detailed recommendations on fixing them.
Penetration Testing of the Network and Web Applications for a Mobile Operator
ScienceSoft’s pentesting team tested the network perimeter for a mobile operator with 5 mln subscribers, almost 2,000 employees and a large database of sensitive data.
IT Infrastructure Security Testing for an Asian Retail Bank
ScienceSoft carried out an extensive penetration testing of the network external perimeter and internal environment for an Asian bank with around 550 branches and more than 2.5 million clients.
Firewalls Penetration Testing for a US Consumer Reporting Agency
During a pentesting project for a US consumer reporting agency, ScienceSoft’s experts managed to bypass the firewalls and made attempts to identify the services running behind them.
Black Box Penetration Testing of the IT Infrastructure
In an extremely short timeframe, ScienceSoft’s professionals successfully completed a pentesting project for a service provider with 4 million active small businesses and 5,000+ financial institutions among its customers.
One-time Network Penetration Testing
An in-depth evaluation of existing network security vulnerabilities and roadmap on their mitigation without vendor lock-in.
Managed Network Penetration Testing
Reliable network security testing service on a regular basis for ongoing vulnerability mitigation. Subsequent pentests will be cheaper and less time-consuming, as pentesters will be familiar with your network specifics.
Network Penetration Testing Consulting
Expert advice for your IT team on planning and implementing a network pentesting project.
Major Network Security Challenges We Help Handle
Challenge: Cyberattacks on corporate networks have been growing in number (by 50% in 2021) and destructiveness (average data breach cost in 2021 is $4.24 mln).
Solution: ScienceSoft’s pentesting experts will help you keep up with constantly evolving hacking tools and techniques and prevent your network from all types of cyber attacks.
Challenge: With speedy business digitalization, corporate networks are becoming more complex in structure and more complicated to control.
Solution: ScienceSoft recommends performing a penetration test at least once a year, as well as after any major changes in the network not to miss out any crucial security flaws.
Don’t Let Hackers Break into Your Network
Make a step towards your bullet-proof network security with ScienceSoft’s pentesting experts.