Image Database Software | Key Features, Integrations, Gains
Image Database Software: the Essence
Image database software (also image library software) is a centralized cloud or on-premises repository to upload, store, categorize, retrieve and share digital image assets – photos, scans, layered design files, design elements (logos, icons, etc.), medical imaging, and more. Users interact with the database via a web interface.
Key Features of Image Database Software
Depending on the purposes of image storage, ScienceSoft goes for different combinations of the following functionality.
- Support of multiple file formats (PNG, JPEG, GIF, DICOM, PSD, AI, RAW, DNG format).
- Duplicate photo finder & remover.
- Metadata tagging, including automatic tagging and clustering based on the image content.
- Automatic synchronization of multi-user photo galleries by geo-temporal data or events.
- Batch uploading and downloading.
- Image editing before downloading (crop, zoom, etc.).
- Viewing images as a timeline.
- Version control, including localized versions control.
- Organizing favorites and collections.
- Setting review dates and notifications.
- Image usage analysis and reporting.
Search / retrieval
- Querying by keywords, dates, locations.
- Querying by image features (color, texture, shape).
- Querying for images with specified content.
- Querying by example or sketch.
- Querying by temporal / spatial data.
- Creating simple or expiring links to share.
- Customized portals for external use of images.
- Visible and invisible digital watermarking, including category-specific watermarks.
- Usage right management.
- Automatic removal of expired images.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Role-based / category-based accessing, editing and sharing.
- Asset archiving.
- Whitelisting file destinations.
- Regulatory compliance (e.g., with HIPAA, GDPR).
Easily Manage Your Image Assets
Popular Integrations for Image Database Software
ScienceSoft recommends integrating image database software with third-party systems to speed up processes and maximize data consistency. Popular integrations include:
scanner, camera, microscope, medical imaging equipment – to directly collect images from image-taking devices.
Ecommerce and payment tools
to seamlessly sell image assets.
Graphic design tools
Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop – to access images while working in-app.
Business process management software
CRM, PIM, ERP, etc., HIE (Health Information Exchange), telemedicine solutions – to quickly and easily access and send or embed image assets without switching interfaces.
Image analysis software and machine learning tools
to improve content discoverability and usage via automatic image tagging and content-based image retrieval.
Facebook, Instagram, etc. – to directly share images on social media.
What Determines Image Database Software Success
Relying on 18 years of experience in designing and implementing database software, ScienceSoft’s consultants have defined a set of factors, which, if covered, help maximize ROI for the database software projects.
to accommodate the growing number of assets, categories and users while saving high performance and ease of use.
Search by image content
to query by image features (color, texture, shape), by example or sketch.
Granular roles and permissions and two-factor authorization
to make sure the intellectual property is protected while being easily accessible by authorized user categories.
Compliance (HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS, COPPA, etc.)
to securely operate in highly regulated areas.
Image Storage and Analysis Software Solutions by ScienceSoft
Cloud-based Health Image Storage
ScienceSoft’s team developed a web application and an iOS app to offer an effective extraction and management of scanned documents for 120+ healthcare organizations. The solution automatically gathers all the scanned documents from a local scanning device and stores them for further processing.
Image Analysis Application for Brain Tumor Localization
ScienceSoft created a CNN-based application to automatically analyze brain MRI scans, localize tumors and define each tissue type.
Software for Remote Monitoring of LED Displays
ScienceSoft developed a cross-platform application for Linux and Windows for real-time video monitoring, error detection and notification.
Defect Recognition Software for Oil Drilling Equipment
ScienceSoft delivered software for monitoring and analysis of the drilling equipment, timely detection of drill bits’ defects and recommendations on required drill bit replacement and maintenance.
Image Database Software ROI
Basic financial gains from image database software implementation will depend on the average time spent by your team on image search and distribution. Implementation of the right image database software can reduce search time by up to 80%. So, for example, at the employee rate of $45/h, for a team of 10 graphic designers where each spends about 8 hours weekly searching for the right image, a business can expect $149,760 of yearly savings.
Image database software ROI also comes from the following areas:
When Build Custom Image Database Software?
ScienceSoft recommends building custom image database software when you need to:
- Add specific integrations with third-party / legacy business systems (CRM, PIM, ERP, ecommerce tools, HIE, telemedicine solutions, marketing automation software, etc.).
- Support complex image collaboration workflows (many collaboration participant roles, multi-step sharing, etc.).
- Ensure specific compliance and meet security requirements that platform vendors don't fulfill.
Image Database Software: Consulting and Development by ScienceSoft
With 34 years in custom software consulting and development, ScienceSoft helps you deliver effective image database software.
Image database software consulting
- Define image database functionality and tech stack.
- Develop a business case.
- Design scalable, secure database architecture.
- Deliver UX and UI mock-ups.
- Provide project cost & time estimates.
- Estimate ROI.
- Help comply with relevant regulations (HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS, COPPA, etc.).
Image database software development
Our team takes responsibility for:
- Solution consulting, planning and design.
- Database, web and mobile app development.
- Integration with third-party systems.
- User training.
- After-launch support.
- Continuous software management.
Hint: Using low-code platforms can substantially reduce development costs of image database software. For example, average development costs are 74% lower with Microsoft Power Apps.
ScienceSoft as a Reliable Provider of Image Database Software
We commissioned ScienceSoft to build a flexible database with user interfaces for uploading and exporting data to access and manage our test data stored as time-based CVS files. The database solution created by ScienceSoft allows inputting all our raw and processed test data through the user interface, accessing data within the database, processing and presenting database data in user-defined formats.
Donat Gaudreau, Electrochemical Cell Design and Test Engineer, Unilia Fuel Cells, Inc.
Driven by advanced computer vision and AI algorithms, Supponor’s industry proven platform and proprietary technology enables rights owners to increase the value and relevance of their partner messages by inserting authentic brand advertising and sponsorship assets into sports broadcast in real time; delivering targeted TV content to individual audiences while ensuring an uninterrupted and realistic viewer experience.
ScienceSoft’s C++ developers have been assisting Supponor in the ongoing development of the software for the past 11 years. Over this time, they have become an indispensable part of our team. We know we can rely on ScienceSoft’s experts and trust their excellent understanding of what our clients demand from Supponor software. We are pleased to work with ScienceSoft and would recommend them as a valued and trustworthy business partner.
Vesa Suontama, CTO, Supponor
Established in 1989, ScienceSoft is an international IT services company based in Texas. For 18 years, we’ve delivered full-fledged custom database software for various industries, including professional services, healthcare, manufacturing, science, and learning. As the holder of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications, we rely on mature quality management and guarantee the cooperation doesn't pose any risks your data security. If you’re interested in image database software implementation, consider our database software development offer.