Image Database Software | Key Features, Integrations, Gains
Image database software (also image library software) is a centralized cloud or on-premises repository to upload, store, categorize, retrieve and share digital image assets – photos, scans, layered design files, design elements (logos, icons, etc.), medical imaging, and more. Users interact with the database via a web interface.
- Support of multiple file formats (PNG, JPEG, GIF, DICOM, PSD, AI, RAW, DNG format).
- Duplicate photo finder & remover.
- Metadata tagging, including automatic tagging and clustering based on the image content.
- Automatic synchronization of multi-user photo galleries by geo-temporal data or events.
- Batch uploading and downloading.
- Image editing before downloading (crop, zoom, etc.).
- Viewing images as a timeline.
- Version control, including localized versions control.
- Organizing favorites and collections.
- Setting review dates and notifications.
- Image usage analysis and reporting.
Search / retrieval
- Querying by keywords, dates, locations.
- Querying by image features (color, texture, shape).
- Querying for images with specified content.
- Querying by example or sketch.
- Querying by temporal / spatial data.
- Creating simple or expiring links to share.
- Customized portals for external use of images.
- Visible and invisible digital watermarking, including category-specific watermarks.
- Usage right management.
- Automatic removal of expired images.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Role-based / category-based accessing, editing and sharing.
- Asset archiving.
- Whitelisting file destinations.
- Regulatory compliance (e.g., with HIPAA, GDPR).
Easily Manage Your Image Assets
scanner, camera, microscope, medical imaging equipment – to directly collect images from image-taking devices.
Ecommerce and payment tools
to seamlessly sell image assets.
Graphic design tools
Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop – to access images while working in-app.
Business process management software
CRM, PIM, ERP, etc., HIE (Health Information Exchange), telemedicine solutions – to quickly and easily access and send or embed image assets without switching interfaces.
Image analysis software and machine learning tools
to improve content discoverability and usage via automatic image tagging and content-based image retrieval.
Facebook, Instagram, etc. – to directly share images on social media.
to accommodate the growing number of assets, categories and users while saving high performance and ease of use.
Search by image content
to query by image features (color, texture, shape), by example or sketch.
Granular roles and permissions and two-factor authorization
to make sure the intellectual property is protected while being easily accessible by authorized user categories.
Compliance (HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS, COPPA, etc.)
to securely operate in highly regulated areas.
Basic financial gains from image database software implementation will depend on the average time spent by your team on image search and distribution. Implementation of the right image database software can reduce search time by up to 80%. So, for example, at the employee rate of 45$/h, for a team of 10 graphic designers where each spends about 8 hours weekly searching for the right image, a business can expect $149,760 of yearly savings.
Image database software ROI also comes from the following areas:
Businesses usually opt for custom image database software when they want to:
- Add specific integrations with third-party / legacy business systems (CRM, PIM, ERP, ecommerce tools, HIE, telemedicine solutions, marketing automation software, etc.).
- Support complex image collaboration workflows (many collaboration participant roles, multi-step sharing, etc.).
- Ensure specific compliance and meet security requirements that platform vendors don't fulfill.
With 32 years in custom software consulting and development, ScienceSoft helps you deliver effective image database software.
Image database software consulting
- Define image database functionality and tech stack.
- Develop a business case.
- Design scalable, secure database architecture.
- Deliver UX and UI mock-ups.
- Provide project cost & time estimates.
- Estimate ROI.
- Help comply with relevant regulations (HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS, COPPA, etc.).
Image database software development
Our team takes responsibility for:
- Solution consulting, planning and design.
- Database, web and mobile app development.
- Integration with third-party systems.
- User training.
- After-launch support.
- Continuous software management.
Hint: Using low-code platforms can substantially reduce development costs of image database software. For example, average development costs are 74% lower with Microsoft Power Apps.
Established in 1989, ScienceSoft is an international IT services company based in Texas. For 16 years, we’ve delivered full-fledged custom database software for various industries, including professional services, healthcare, manufacturing, science, and learning. As the holder of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications, we rely on mature quality management and guarantee the cooperation doesn't pose any risks your data security. If you’re interested in image database software implementation, consider our database software development offer.