Real Estate Database Software: Key Features, Integrations, and Gains
With 16 years in database development, ScienceSoft offers consulting services on custom real estate database software.
REAL ESTATE DATABASE SOFTWARE: THE ESSENCE
Real estate database software is a cloud or on-premises centralized repository of data related to property – from residential to commercial buildings, manufactured housing and warehouses. Real estate database software consists of a database and a web application to interact with the aggregated property data.
- Manual and automatic property data uploading and editing.
- Bulk uploading.
- Duplicate data detection & merging.
- Unlimited file and media references and attachments.
- Custom logs triggered by actions (e.g., new property uploaded/deleted, portal activities by contacts) that can be filtered and searched.
Database search and filtering
- Querying by keywords (including key phrases).
- Search segmentation (buyer intent, type of sale, property type, etc.)
- Customizable search attributes (location, price, listing status, parking type, etc.).
- Customer analytics.
- Market trend analytics.
- Custom analytics reporting and visualization.
- AI-powered data analysis to evaluate property opportunity (most likely to rise in value, highest return on cash invested, highest yield), predict customer behavior, etc.
- Custom notifications on new properties, price change, photo change, property availability change, etc.
- User-generated reviews and ratings.
- Property comparative analysis.
- Home valuation.
- Calculators (commission, max loan, rent-vs-own, mortgage).
- 3D visualization, virtual tours, point-and-click floor plans.
- Knowledge base: Q&A, buyer/seller guidelines, including educational videos.
- Leaderboards for real estate agents.
- Online team-building games for real estate agents.
- Referral challenges for real estate agents and buyers/renters.
to pull leads directly to CRM from a property portal, get real-time notifications of prospect and lead activity, pick and distribute up-to-date listings to prospects and leads, manage targeted follow-ups.
Property research services, Internet Listing Services (ILS), etc.
to instantly send and receive data on property prices, availability, contacts, policies, and more.
Maintenance management software, property inspection apps, etc.
to update database property data with the most recent information on the property condition.
to automate the entire reservation – renting process.
Google Maps, third-party APIs with neighborhood information
to show neighborhood property and amenities in the property portal.
for real estate professionals, owners, investors, renters, and buyers to input, update, and retrieve the required data quickly and easily.
Powerful search engine
for quick search of properties based on various filters.
to provide agents, buyers and sellers with convenient access to the database on the move.
Customizable property templates
to adjust property descriptions depending on a property type, region, etc.
Sound application performance management (APM)
to ensure fast load and smooth work of web software in the context of multiple simultaneous transactions and high-resolution media content.
The ROI of Real Estate Database Software
The ROI of real estate database software will depend on a multitude of factors. In general, when switching directly from paper, pencil, and spreadsheets, the total payback period is less than 6 months (often much sooner). If transitioning from other digital tools, it requires individual evaluation, but most likely, the company can expect the total payback in less than 18 months.
Key Financial Outcomes of Using Real Estate Database Software
Increased productivity of real estate professionals due to quick access to consistent and up-to-date property-related data, ability to make quick bulk uploads/edits, and more.
Improved client attraction and retention due to streamlined business-client communication, convenient owner/renter self-service and useful tools (as property valuation) in the customer portal.
Improved management and enforcement of CC&Rs (Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions) due to full data transparency.
Accurately targeted marketing due to insights into client behavior, market trends, and property success factors.
WHEN BUILD CUSTOM REAL ESTATE DATABASE SOFTWARE
Off-the-shelf real estate databases should be customized to comply with the business needs of a particular company, which can significantly increase solution costs. Also, custom real estate database development is economically feasible when it comes to multiple integrations with third-party or legacy software.
With 31 years in custom software development and 5 years in the real estate industry, ScienceSoft delivers effective property database software. We cover:
Real estate database software consulting
- Define real estate database functionality and tech stack.
- Develop a business case.
- Design software architecture.
- Deliver UX and UI mock-ups.
- Provide an implementation scenario, project cost & time estimates.
- Estimate solution ROI.
Real estate database software development
Our team offers:
- Business analysis.
- Database, web and mobile app development.
- Integration with third-party software.
- User training.
- After-launch support.
- Continuous software management.
ScienceSoft is an international IT consulting and software development company based in Texas. We advise on and provide practical assistance in the implementation of full-fledged solutions for the real estate industry. As the holder of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications, we rely on mature quality management and guarantee the cooperation doesn't pose any risks your data security. If you’re interested in real estate database software implementation, you’re welcome to consider our database software development offer.