Managed Testing Services
Managed testing services allow organizations to hand over the testing function to a competent vendor and pay for defined outcomes. An end-to-end managed testing services provider, ScienceSoft helps organizations deliver software with minimized quality risks in frequent iterations. Our domain-experienced QA experts ensure quality at speed by establishing mature QA processes that seamlessly align with the development process.
- 30 years of experience in software testing and 17 years in QA outsourcing.
- ISO 13485-certified company.
- Testing processes in compliance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Respect to test artefacts required by IEEE 829-2008.
- ISTQB certification of test engineers.
- Test engineers experienced in both software testing and a particular industry and technology domain.
Our Customers Say
We started working with ScienceSoft in early 2011 to test our core application called Careware. The application is quite complex and has many ERP and mobile elements in it.
We have worked with the team in close cooperation ever since and value their professional as well as flexible attitude towards testing. Since starting our cooperation, the test team has changed in size and people, with one tester remaining with us for already 2 years now! We currently have a team of 3 very enthusiastic and good testers with whom we are very happy.
Roderick Schipper, CTO and Henriette Trampedach, Test Manager, helpLine B.V.
Service Stages of Our Managed Testing Offering
ScienceSoft provides end-to-end managed testing services, delivering the service in the following stages:
Stage 1. Discovery
ScienceSoft’s QA consultant audits your existing development and QA processes and available IT infrastructure, analyzes project documentation and interviews key stakeholders to understand the testing scope and specifics and identify QA-related problems and risks. Based on the obtained information, the QA consultant prepares a detailed collaboration roadmap.
Stage 2. Transition
The QA consultant passes over the knowledge obtained at the Discovery stage to ScienceSoft’s test team, designs a testing strategy, identifies QA process improvements, and creates a plan for QA process improvements roll out. The test team sets up required tools and takes on the responsibility for the test process management and the quality of software under test.
Stage 3. Service delivery
The test team starts principal project activities comprising test planning, test design, test execution and test reporting.
We design a consistent test strategy with regard to potential project risks and constrains, assign resources with relevant industry and technology domain specialization, choose an optimal approach to test environment configuration and more.
With an end-user in mind, we design reusable, modular test cases with standardized naming and structure and prepare representative test data with regard to data privacy and security regulations.
If automated testing is in scope, we model flexible test automation architectures that stay relevant in the long term and do not require much redesigning with changing project requirements.
The scope of software testing we execute includes but is not limited to the following testing types:
By aims and goals
By automation level
By application type
By the stage of software delivery lifecycle
We provide detailed reports on the executed tests on a build, daily or weekly basis or any other appropriate schedule.
Stage 4. Service evolution
Once the set activities function well, we start to continuously review and improve the established QA processes by:
- Extending the service scope with relevant testing types, e.g., performance testing, security testing.
- Extending the service scope with relevant service elements, e.g., TCoE (Testing Center of Excellence) setup.
- Increasing the share of automated tests.
Along with the managed testing services as such, we can provide the following additional services:
- TCoE setup, assessing your organization’s readiness for a TCoE and creating a TCoE transformation roadmap.
- Business process validation, checking whether your software supports your business processes on a project, periodic or continuous basis.
- Pre-certification aid, verifying your application’s compliance with relevant general (for instance, GDPR) and industry-specific (e.g., HIPAA in medical and pharmaceutical industries, PCI DSS in financial services and banking) regulations and standards.
Benefits You Get Cooperating with Us
We minimize software quality risks due to:
We tailor testing processes to the pace of your project whether it follows any of the Agile or the Waterfall methodology and set up testing processes for projects with CI/CD pipelines. We further improve testing velocity due to:
Optimized testing costs
We help you optimize testing costs due to:
We Offer Flexible Cooperation Models
- We can manage the testing process and execute tests for all of the organization’s applications.
- We can manage the testing process and execute tests for some of the organization’s applications.
- Our test team independently managed by ScienceSoft’s QA manager can split responsibility for the quality of software under test and cooperate with another testing vendor.