ScienceSoft’s Approach to QA & Testing Services
Since 1989 in software testing, ScienceSoft provides QA consulting, manual and automated testing services ensuring high testing quality and transparency, as well as time- and cost-effectiveness, our customers’ data security.
ScienceSoft in Numbers
test engineers onboard
years in software testing services
years in QA consulting
Highlights of QA Services by ScienceSoft
High testing quality
ScienceSoft relies on a mature quality management system confirmed by the ISO 9001 certificate, measures the testing progress and performance of test engineers against tailored KPI sets, and shares regular project reports.
Our typical KPI suite includes the following testing metrics:
- Test coverage.
- Average and total number of created, executed, and updated test cases.
- Average and total number of found defects.
- Ratio between actual and estimated testing efforts.
- Defects leakage, etc.
ScienceSoft’s QA team maximizes the efficiency of testing services due to:
- Advising on the optimal test coverage.
- Designing testing matrices and easily maintainable test suites.
- Checking the feasibility of test automation and ensuring its effective establishment.
- Opting for up-to-date and re-usable testing frameworks and tools.
- Developing and maintaining data- and/or keyword-driven testing frameworks.
As a result, our customers may have a 20-40% reduction in testing costs.
Time-effectiveness of testing services
ScienceSoft’s QA team adheres to streamlined testing processes and best practices to comply with rigid deadlines. It usually takes us:
- 1-3 days to fulfill project analysis and onboarding.
- From 2 weeks to perform all testing activities planned for an iteration.
- From 3 weeks to introduce test automation to a project.
- 1-2 hours to validate urgent software fixes.
ScienceSoft’s test engineers provide a comprehensive set of test artifacts and reports, including:
- Test strategy and plan.
- Test cases and test automation scripts.
- Reports on found defects with clear defect descriptions.
- Test execution reports.
- Reports on the fulfillment of KPIs.
- Testing summary reports.
Note: If required, ScienceSoft’s testing team can transfer knowledge and/or provide training to your in-house or third-party testing team.
Flexible cooperation models
ScienceSoft’s customers can choose the cooperation model best fitting their testing requirements and project specifics:
- Self-managed testing teams – from 1 to 10 testing teams (test lead + test engineers) to handle QA of the entire software /software module.
- Managed testing teams - from 2 to 5 test engineers in a team to be governed by your in-house QA manager.
- Team augmentation - from 1 to 60 individual test engineers can complement your in-house QA team.
Close collaboration with the development team
ScienceSoft’s test engineers align the testing activities with project specifics (e.g., iteration deadlines, urgent testing tasks, changing requirements) to ensure:
- Testing time reduction.
- Adjusting testing activities to DevOps practices.
- Efficient implementation of risk-based testing.
Business data security
With 19 years in cybersecurity services, ScienceSoft ensures the security of business data entrusted to us based on the information security management system certified by ISO 27001.
Steps of the Software Testing Process by ScienceSoft
To deliver full-cycle QA and testing services, ScienceSoft’s testing experts perform:
Requirements analysis and test planning
- Analyzing the requirements specification.
- Checking whether the requirements are clear, consistent, complete, and convenient for future testing activities; re-designing the requirements, if needed.
- Developing a test strategy and a test plan to stipulate the entire testing process: from defining testing objectives, a testing schedule, and test team lineup to the test automation involvement.
- Preparing the test environment and test data.
- Creating test cases and combining them into test suites based on software requirements.
- Preparing test management and defect tracking software.
- Developing test automation scripts and configuring relevant test automation frameworks and tools, if applicable.
- Performing exploratory testing, if ScienceSoft’s test engineers join the project at the software stabilization stage.
Test execution and reporting
- Running test cases and/or test scripts and updating them when needed.
- Submitting the found defects into a defect tracking tool and neatly describing them.
- Prioritizing the testing activities based on current project needs.
- Performing re-testing after the defects are fixed.
- Carring out regression testing to validate that fixes and newly added software features don’t disrupt the existing software functions.
- Providing regular reports on test execution and fulfillment of testing KPIs.
- Analyzing the testing performance during a certain project period (e.g., iteration), considering ways to improve it, and implementing the improvements.
Pricing Models ScienceSoft Applies for Software Testing Services
- A definite scope of required testing services (e.g., one-time acceptance testing or testing before a major release).
Time & Material
- QA consulting projects.
- A changeable scope of needed QA and testing services.
- Long-term QA partnerships (e.g., testing during software evolution).