Software Testing and QA Outsourcing Services
Enjoy frequent releases of high-quality software
ScienceSoft’s QA experts will help you deliver smoothly functioning, secure, and user-friendly apps, increasing the cost-effectiveness of QA activities by up to 30%.
QA outsourcing implies handing over the responsibility for testing process management and the quality of outcomes to a reliable vendor. Software testing outsourcing allows organizations to optimize testing costs, release internal resources, gain access to world-class QA methodologies and tools, and improve the general QA maturity level.
ScienceSoft can support your fast development pace and help you release high-quality software by planning, implementing, and continuously optimizing the QA process, as well as establishing effective and transparent collaboration with the development team and stakeholders.
- 75+ full-time QA professionals experienced in complex projects.
- ISTQB-certified QA engineers.
- Self-managed teams ready to cater to a continuous software testing process and possible QA issues.
- Sustainable quality management system confirmed by ISO 9001 certificate to ensure 100% value, tangible results, transparent and efficient QA services delivery.
- Customers’ information safety ensured by our ISO 27001-proved security management system with comprehensive and practice-proved processes and policies, modern cybersecurity techs and expert people.
- QA in line with popular software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, and more).
Why Outsource QA
Depending on the project complexity, delegating software testing to an experienced QA outsourcing company can save 20-30% of a project budget and 10-15% of time to market.
Here are some other reasons to turn to outsourced QA.
An optimal QA team
With outsourced QA and software testing, you get the team of a precisely needed number and expertise. A service provider takes off the burden of both looking for a qualified QA professional or a test engineer and educating the existing ones to obtain competence in the project specific testing types or tools.
A shorter development life cycle and quicker QA improvements
Choosing a reliable outsourced software testing company, you get the best testing practices, test automation tools and frameworks to reduce testing time and efficiently address your project requirements and deadlines. Additionally, with QA outsourcing, you can get to a higher QA maturity level and reach your software quality management goals much quicker and easier.
A fresh approach
A quality assurance outsourcing company can introduce an outside perspective and a set of professional practices that tend to be several-fold more effective than just relying on your in-house resources. Also, the involvement of an external team psychologically encourages both the developers and the employed QA staff to find and eliminate possible defects.
QA outsourcing providers rely on advanced test management, bug tracking, and test automation tools and technologies to make the testing process faster and more efficient. Among the most popular test automation tools in use are Selenium, Appium, Ranorex, Microsoft Coded UI Tests, etc.
Getting a professional team of balanced number and qualifications along with transparent quotes helps to make the QA and testing budget coherent and predictable. If the project scope allows automated testing, the efforts and thus the costs will get another reduction.
FAQs about Outsourcing Testing and QA
How do I choose the right vendor?
Check the answer
Relying on our 34 years of experience in software, ScienceSoft singles out three main points to pay attention to when searching for a reliable QA and testing vendor:
1. Expertise. A vendor’s competence can be proved by QA software testing certificates (ISTQB or QAI) of outsourced test team members. A trustworthy company should work by data security regulations and standards (HIPAA, PCI DSS), quality and testing standards (ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119). In addition, a reliable vendor will always present references and success stories.
2. Sufficient resources and services. An outsourcing partner should have at least 5 times more testers than you need at the moment. Your software testing vendor should be able to perform all testing types (automated or manual; web, mobile or desktop; functional, performance, usability, compatibility, API, security testing, etc.). Even if there is no need in some of them now, when it comes to scaling up, your vendor will easily ramp up and provide a wider testing scope.
3. Self-management. The main idea of QA outsourcing is to assign the time-consuming and scrupulous testing process, QA issue management, and its improvement to a qualified external team and focus on high-level quality management, the code creation, software design and integration. So, a vendor should be self-managed to cover everything coming within an efficient QA process: from the assistance with a requirements specification development to continuous testing during the whole application lifecycle.
How can I prepare my team for the collaboration with a third-party vendor?
Check the answer
Before looking for a perfect match among QA outsourcing vendors, make sure to be ready for future cooperation.
1. Streamline your workflows. The major touchpoints between you and your future QA outsourcing provider during the testing process are normally software requirements specification, existing and updated code, and found and fixed bugs. Before starting to work with any vendor, you should clear up where the needed information is stored, how often it is updated, what relevant tools your developers use and what bug reporting procedure you find convenient. The more information you provide to a testing outsourcing vendor, the less time the initial partnership formalization will take.
2. Assign a senior-level QA manager. You need in-house management to cooperate with a vendor more effectively by:
- Reviewing their test strategy, test plans, test cases, bugs, and test reports.
- Organizing updates of software requirements.
- Assessing and managing vendor performance and providing relevant feedback.
- Making balanced judgments in conflict situations and, ideally, defusing them at the earliest.
- Considering risks thoroughly and preparing a mitigation plan.
3. Motivate your development team to cooperate with an external test team. The lack of inter-team communication may result in poor understanding of software requirements, late changes of a test plan, unclear bug reports and, consequently, missed iteration goals and deadlines. So, the assigned QA manager needs to persuade the stakeholders that the only way to create a smoothly operating solution implies cooperation and mutual understanding.
How should I manage my QA and testing vendor?
Check the answer
1. Regularly assess the vendor. Assessing a QA outsourcing vendor systematically helps to ensure that your company gets exactly what you’ve aimed at. Evaluating your testing vendor will give you a multidimensional overview of how effective the vendor is. Here is the sample list of assessment criteria:
- The number of missed bugs.
- The quality of defect description.
- The correlation between testing efforts and outcomes.
- The quality of test documentation.
- The capacity and availability of resources.
- The efficiency of testing tools.
2. Manage vendor performance. For your QA outsourcing vendor to continue rendering their services at the same level or step up, your dedicated QA manager has to supervise their performance. This includes:
- Reviewing testing documentation at least once a month.
- Providing the test team with regular feedback.
- Detecting hidden wasteful steps and cost drivers to uncover the root causes of QA process complications.
- Aligning your business practices with the vendor’s work processes.
QA Outsourcing for an International Video Streaming Services Provider
ScienceSoft performed functional, usability, and compatibility testing of a video streaming application and its numerous customized versions on 15+ target devices.
QA Outsourcing for a Global Digital Imaging Leader
We carried out automated functional testing of an innovative cross-platform desktop application for image processing and validated its integration with third-party tools.
How We Work
Cooperation with ScienceSoft as an information technology partner unfolds as follows:
- Current QA process assessment.
- Service planning and SLA preparation.
- Responsibility transfer.
- QA process redesign and incorporation into existing workflows.
Service delivery stage
- Test planning.
- Test design.
- Test execution.
- Defect validation and regression testing.
- Test results reporting and testing performance evaluation.
- QA process improvement planning and implementation.
- Business process validation
The Financial Times Includes ScienceSoft USA Corporation in the List of the Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2023
For the second year in a row, ScienceSoft USA Corporation ranks among 500 American companies with the highest revenue growth. This achievement is the result of our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality IT services and create best-value solutions that meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.