HIPAA Compliance Services
Assessment, Advisory, Implementation
Since 2005 in healthcare IT and since 2003 in cybersecurity, ScienceSoft helps healthcare providers to achieve and maintain HIPAA compliance and software product companies to bring HIPAA-compliant healthcare software to the market.
HIPAA compliance services cover administrative and technical HIPAA requirements and can include establishing policies and measures to prevent or promptly mitigate PHI breaches, designing and building HIPAA-compliant software, migrating to a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure, and more.
Fighting Together for Better and Secure Healthcare
HIPAA regulations extend to many organizations, some may not even work with sensitive patient information directly. By taking charge of their security and compliance responsibility, we let the following businesses focus on their core work and make much-needed advances in the healthcare industry.
Healthcare software product companies
Medical device manufacturers
PHI risks analysis and management
- Assessment of PHI breach risks.
- Developing a risk mitigation plan.
HIPAA policies and procedures review and improvement
- Analysis of existing security policies and procedures.
- Improvement recommendations.
- Design of missing policies.
Evaluating and promoting HIPAA compliance awareness
- Interviewing the staff and business associates on HIPAA provisions.
- Evaluating the HIPAA training process and materials.
- Recommendations on raising HIPAA awareness of the staff and business associates.
- Establishing an efficient training process, if needed.
Security assessment of software and IT infrastructure
- Network architecture assessment.
- Vulnerability assessment.
- Penetration testing.
- Software architecture and source code review.
Implementing PHI security measures
- Implementing user access controls and user authentication mechanisms.
- Encryption of PHI in transit and at rest.
- PHI backup mechanisms.
- Establishing PHI breach detection and breach notification processes.
Securing IT networks
- Designing a secure network architecture.
- Installing and configuring firewalls, anti-malware, IDS/IPS.
- Implementing SIEM.
- Implementing identity and access management.
- Regular security assessments of the IT infrastructure involved in operations with PHI.
Designing and developing HIPAA-compliant software
- Designing a comprehensive feature set for medical software.
- Translating HIPAA requirements into software requirements.
- Designing HIPAA-compliant development infrastructure.
- Designing a secure software architecture.
- Advising on/implementing secure coding practices.
- Delivering convenient UX design for doctors, nurses, patients, etc.
- QA focusing on HIPAA requirements.
Medical software security and compliance improvement
- Detecting and fixing software security vulnerabilities.
- Planning software migration to a HIPAA-compliant cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Software architecture re-design to improve PHI protection.
- Software evolution with introduction of advanced security features.
- Report on the existing security policies and procedures for PHI protection, gap analysis results.
- Network topology diagrams and network assessment against HIPAA requirements.
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing reports with description and prioritization of vulnerabilities endangering PHI and remediation measures.
- Software architecture review and source code review reports with the list of identified deficiencies that could lead to PHI security breaches.
- Development infrastructure review with evaluation of its compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- PHI security risk mitigation plan.
- Recommendations on implementing security policies and procedures required by HIPAA.
- HIPAA-compliant IT infrastructure design
- Resilient architecture design for HIPAA-compliant software.
- A roadmap to migration to a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure.
- Description of infrastructure configurations enabling PHI protection.
- Diagrams of a HIPAA-compliant network.
- Designs of a HIPAA-compliant software architecture.
- A feature list and prioritization plan for HIPAA-compliant software.
- UX and UI design for HIPAA-compliant software.
- Code documentation.
Our Customers Say
We asked ScienceSoft to create a program that could generate a physician’s report from the analysis of single samples by flow cytometry as well as data from EHR/LIS systems. This was not an easy task.
In addition to the solid technical expertise shown by ScienceSoft, its developers demonstrated a profound understanding of laboratory software specifics and integrations. I am particularly impressed by the cooperative nature of ScienceSoft’s team. Our project required coordination with multiple companies and individuals. ScienceSoft worked well with everyone.
ScienceSoft has been a competent partner for medical software development. We would recommend them as a trustworthy vendor. We would recommend hiring ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a highly productive and solution-driven team.
Maria Zannes, President & CEO, bioAffinity Technologies
ScienceSoft as a HIPAA Compliance Company
Happy to serve our clients for many years
- Since 2003 in cybersecurity.
- Since 2005 in healthcare IT.
Proud to be recognized as leaders
- A top HIPAA consulting company in 2022, according to Atlantic.net.
- A top healthcare software company to trust in 2022, according to SoftwareWorld.
- The winner of Health Tech Digital Awards 2022 in the category Best Healthcare Technology Solution of the Year.
- For the second straight year, ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies by the Financial Times.
Consistent in quality service delivery
- Established quality management system for medical devices and Software as a Medical Device backed up by ISO 13485 certification.
- ISO 27001 certification to ensure customers’ data security.
- Certified Ethical Hackers on board.
Don’t waste your time and money. To avoid unnecessary spending and efforts, we accurately define the HIPAA compliance service scope according to the size, complexity, and specifics of your business.
Rest assured no HIPAA nuances will be missed out. Our team of HIPAA consultants, security engineers, healthcare software developers can evaluate, implement, and enhance both administrative and technical safeguards as required by HIPAA.
Contract a reliable vendor on beneficial terms. In case our cooperation continues, we can deliver subsequent services (regular HIPAA compliance assessments, managed security services for HIPAA compliance maintenance, etc.) at a lower price in less time.
Along with HIPAA Compliance Knowledge, We Rely on Proven Tools
With over 100 success stories in Healthcare IT and 200+cybersecurity projects, we have selected the best technology stack for HIPAA compliance testing and software development.
Databases / data storages
Our Microsoft SQL Server-based projects include a BI solution for 200 healthcare centers, the world’s largest PLM software, and an automated underwriting system for the global commercial insurance carrier.
We’ve implemented MySQL for Viber, an instant messenger with 1B+ users, and an award-winning remote patient monitoring software.
ScienceSoft's team has implemented Oracle for software products used by GSK and AstraZeneca. We’ve also delivered Oracle-based SCM platform for Auchan, a retail chain with 1,700 stores.
Our Apache Cassandra consultants helped a leading Internet of Vehicles company enhance their big data solution that analyzes IoT data from 600,000 vehicles.
ScienceSoft has helped one of the top market research companies migrate its big data solution for advertising channel analysis to Apache Hive. Together with other improvements, this led tо 100x faster data processing.
We use HBase if your database should scale to billions of rows and millions of columns while maintaining constant write and read performance.
With ScienceSoft’s managed IT support for Apache NiFi, an American biotechnology corporation got 10x faster big data processing, and its software stability increased from 50% to 99%.
ScienceSoft used MongoDB-based warehouse for an IoT solution that processed 30K+ events/per second from 1M devices. We’ve also delivered MongoDB-based operations management software for a pharma manufacturer.
Azure SQL Database is great for handling large volumes of data and varying database traffic: it easily scales up and down without any downtime or disruption to the applications. It also offers automatic backups and point-in-time recoveries to protect databases from accidental corruption or deletion.
We leverage Azure Cosmos DB to implement a multi-model, globally distributed, elastic NoSQL database on the cloud. Our team used Cosmos DB in a connected car solution for one of the world’s technology leaders.
Our .NET developers can build sustainable and high-performing apps up to 2x faster due to outstanding .NET proficiency and high productivity.
ScienceSoft's Java developers build secure, resilient and efficient cloud-native and cloud-only software of any complexity and successfully modernize legacy software solutions.
ScienceSoft's Python developers and data scientists excel at building general-purpose Python apps, big data and IoT platforms, AI and ML-based apps, and BI solutions.
ScienceSoft delivers cloud-native, real-time web and mobile apps, web servers, and custom APIs ~1.5–2x faster than other software developers.
ScienceSoft's PHP developers helped to build Viber. Their recent projects: an IoT fleet management solution used by 2,000+ corporate clients and an award-winning remote patient monitoring solution.
ScienceSoft's developers use Go to build robust cloud-native, microservices-based applications that leverage advanced techs — IoT, big data, AI, ML, blockchain.
ScienceSoft leverages code reusability Angular is notable for to create large-scale apps. We chose Angular for a banking app with 3M+ users.
ScienceSoft achieves 20–50% faster React development and 50–90% fewer front-end performance issues due to smart implementation of reusable components and strict adherence to coding best practices.
With Next.js, ScienceSoft creates SEO-friendly apps and achieves the fastest performance for apps with decoupled architecture.
By using a lightweight Vue framework, ScienceSoft creates high-performant apps with real-time rendering.
ScienceSoft’s achieves 20–50% cost reduction for iOS projects due to excellent self-management and Agile skills of the team. The quality is never compromised — our iOS apps are highly rated.
There are award-winning Android apps in ScienceSoft’s portfolio. Among the most prominent projects is the 5-year-long development of Viber, a messaging and VoIP app for 1.8B users.
ScienceSoft cuts the cost of mobile projects twice by building functional and user-friendly cross-platform apps with Xamarin.
ScienceSoft uses Cordova to create cross-platform apps and avoid high project costs that may come with native mobile development.
ScienceSoft takes the best from native mobile and web apps and creates the ultimate user experience in PWA.
ScienceSoft reduces up to 50% of project costs and time by creating cross-platform apps that run smoothly on web, Android and iOS.
ScienceSoft will save you from double or even triple expenses associated with platform-specific coding by creating cross-platform apps in Flutter.
ScienceSoft as a HIPAA Compliance Services Provider: Success Stories
Comprehensive Quality Assessment of a Patient Portal for a US Healthcare Service Provider
To check if the patient portal complies with HIPAA Security Rule, ScienceSoft conducted vulnerability scanning, malware detection, penetration testing, and source code review.
Development of a Health Information Exchange System and a Patient Mobile App
To ensure the HIPAA-compliance of the cloud HIE system and the security of PHI, ScienceSoft’s team applied data encryption (for data in-transit and at-rest), data anonymization, data access control.
Telehealth Software Design and Development for Primary Care Practices
ScienceSoft’s compliance consultant assisted at the software design stage to ensure compliance with HIPAA and establish reliable and secure medical data exchange with EHR using data transfer standards like HL7, FHIR.
IBM QRadar SIEM Customization and Implementation for a Hospital with 2000+ Staff
Upon the request of a Saudi Arabia hospital, ScienceSoft deployed and configured a HIPAA-compliant IBM SIEM Security QRadar that can process over 100 million medical transaction events per day.
Penetration Testing for Reconice to Improve ePHI Security
Having imitated a real-life hacking attack on the application, ScienceSoft provided the speech recognition software provider with a list of vulnerabilities and a thorough mitigation plan to protect ePHI from theft, inappropriate use, or deletion.
HIPAA compliance assessment
We assess how well a business or medical software meet HIPAA requirements and define measures to ensure HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA breaches remediation
We fix security gaps in your software and IT infrastructure detected as result of a PHI breach, OCR audit or routine HIPAA compliance assessment.
HIPAA compliance program design and implementation
We help develop, establish, and maintain PHI security policies, procedures, and controls to achieve HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA-compliant software design and development
We employ our experience in healthcare IT and secure software development practices to architect and build top-level HIPAA-compliant medical software.
All about Cybersecurity
IBM QRadar SIEM
IBM QRadar Tools: Deployment & Environment
IBM QRadar Tools: Analytics & Reporting
IBM QRadar Tools: MITRE ATT&CK
Security Information and Event Management
IBM QRadar Tools: Data Integration