HIPAA Compliance Services
Assessment, Advisory, Implementation
Since 2005 in healthcare IT and since 2003 in cybersecurity, ScienceSoft helps healthcare providers to achieve and maintain HIPAA compliance and software product companies to bring HIPAA-compliant healthcare software to the market.
HIPAA compliance services cover administrative and technical HIPAA requirements and can include establishing policies and measures to prevent or promptly mitigate PHI breaches, designing and building HIPAA-compliant software, migrating to a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure, and more.
Who Needs HIPAA Compliance Services?
Healthcare software product companies
Medical device manufacturers
PHI risks analysis and management
- Assessment of PHI breach risks.
- Developing a risk mitigation plan.
HIPAA policies and procedures review and improvement
- Analysis of existing security policies and procedures.
- Improvement recommendations.
- Design of missing policies.
Evaluating and promoting HIPAA compliance awareness
- Interviewing the staff and business associates on HIPAA provisions.
- Evaluating the HIPAA training process and materials.
- Recommendations on raising HIPAA awareness of the staff and business associates.
- Establishing an efficient training process, if needed.
Implementing PHI security measures
- Implementing user access controls and user authentication mechanisms.
- Encryption of PHI in transit and at rest.
- PHI backup mechanisms.
- Establishing PHI breach detection and breach notification processes.
Designing and developing HIPAA-compliant software
- Designing a comprehensive feature set for medical software.
- Translating HIPAA requirements into software requirements.
- Designing HIPAA-compliant development infrastructure.
- Designing a secure software architecture.
- Advising on/implementing secure coding practices.
- Delivering convenient UX design for doctors, nurses, patients, etc.
- QA focusing on HIPAA requirements.
Medical software security and compliance improvement
- Detecting and fixing software security vulnerabilities.
- Planning software migration to a HIPAA-compliant cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Software architecture re-design to improve PHI protection.
- Software evolution with introduction of advanced security features.
- Report on the existing security policies and procedures for PHI protection, gap analysis results.
- Network topology diagrams and network assessment against HIPAA requirements.
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing reports with description and prioritization of vulnerabilities endangering PHI and remediation measures.
- Software architecture review and source code review reports with the list of identified deficiencies that could lead to PHI security breaches.
- Development infrastructure review with evaluation of its compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- PHI security risk mitigation plan.
- Recommendations on implementing security policies and procedures required by HIPAA.
- HIPAA-complaint IT infrastructure design
- Resilient architecture design for HIPAA-compliant software.
- A roadmap to migration to a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure.
- Description of infrastructure configurations enabling PHI protection.
- Diagrams of a HIPAA-compliant network.
- Designs of a HIPAA-compliant software architecture.
- A feature list and prioritization plan for HIPAA-compliant software.
- UX and UI design for HIPAA-compliant software.
- Code documentation.
Our Customers Say
We asked ScienceSoft to create a program that could generate a physician’s report from the analysis of single samples by flow cytometry as well as data from EHR/LIS systems. This was not an easy task.
In addition to the solid technical expertise shown by ScienceSoft, its developers demonstrated a profound understanding of laboratory software specifics and integrations. I am particularly impressed by the cooperative nature of ScienceSoft’s team. Our project required coordination with multiple companies and individuals. ScienceSoft worked well with everyone.
ScienceSoft has been a competent partner for medical software development. We would recommend them as a trustworthy vendor. We would recommend hiring ScienceSoft to anyone looking for a highly productive and solution-driven team.
Maria Zannes, President & CEO, bioAffinity Technologies
ScienceSoft as a HIPAA Compliance Company
- Since 2005 in healthcare IT, over 100 completed projects in the domain.
- Since 2003 in cybersecurity, Certified Ethical Hackers on board.
- Established quality management system for medical devices and Software as a Medical Device backed up by ISO 13485 certification.
- ISO 27001 certification to ensure customers’ data security.
- A top HIPAA consulting company in 2022, according to Atlantic.net.
- A top healthcare software company to trust in 2022, according to SoftwareWorld.
- ScienceSoft USA Corporation is listed among The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies 2022 by Financial Time.
Benefits of HIPAA Compliance Services by ScienceSoft
To avoid unnecessary spending and efforts, we accurately define the HIPAA compliance service scope according to the size, complexity, and specifics of your business.
Our team of HIPAA consultants, security engineers, healthcare software developers can evaluate, implement, and enhance both administrative and technical safeguards as required by HIPAA.
In case our cooperation continues, we can deliver subsequent services (regular HIPAA compliance assessments, managed security services for HIPAA compliance maintenance, etc.) at a lower price in less time.
Real-time data processing
Architecture designs and patterns
Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Traditional 3-layer architecture
Security testing tools
Comprehensive Quality Assessment of a Patient Portal for a US Healthcare Service Provider
To check if the patient portal complies with HIPAA Security Rule, ScienceSoft conducted vulnerability scanning, malware detection, penetration testing, and source code review.
Development of a Health Information Exchange System and a Patient Mobile App
To ensure the HIPAA-compliance of the cloud HIE system and the security of PHI, ScienceSoft’s team applied data encryption (for data in-transit and at-rest), data anonymization, data access control.
Telehealth Software Design and Development for Primary Care Practices
ScienceSoft’s compliance consultant assisted at the software design stage to ensure compliance with HIPAA and establish reliable and secure medical data exchange with EHR using data transfer standards like HL7, FHIR.
IBM QRadar SIEM Customization and Implementation for a Hospital with 2000+ Staff
Upon the request of a Saudi Arabia hospital, ScienceSoft deployed and configured a HIPAA-compliant IBM SIEM Security QRadar that can process over 100 million medical transaction events per day.
Penetration Testing for Reconice to Improve ePHI Security
Having imitated a real-life hacking attack on the application, ScienceSoft provided the speech recognition software provider with a list of vulnerabilities and a thorough mitigation plan to protect ePHI from theft, inappropriate use, or deletion.
HIPAA compliance assessment
We assess how well a business or medical software meet HIPAA requirements and define measures to ensure HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA breaches remediation
We fix security gaps in your software and IT infrastructure detected as result of a PHI breach, OCR audit or routine HIPAA compliance assessment.
HIPAA compliance program design and implementation
We help develop, establish, and maintain PHI security policies, procedures, and controls to achieve HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA-compliant software design and development
We employ our experience in healthcare IT and secure software development practices to architect and build top-level HIPAA-compliant medical software.
Get Expert Help for Full HIPAA Compliance
ScienceSoft is ready to assist you with every step towards HIPAA compliance. Whether you need to develop, evaluate or enhance your HIPAA compliance program or create HIPAA-compliant medical software, ScienceSoft’s experts will tackle the task.