Data Warehousing Consulting
Data warehouse consulting presupposes help with designing, implementing or supporting a DWH to consolidate disparate data sources under one roof for analysis and reporting. Since 2005, ScienceSoft provides DWH consulting services to help companies implement a scalable, high-performing DWH or upgrade the existing one to optimize DWH performance and costs.
- Data analytics expertise since 1989.
- 15 years of experience in rendering data warehouse services.
- Designing and implementing business intelligence solutions since 2005.
- 7 years of big data consulting and implementation practice.
Expertise in 23 industries, including: manufacturing, retail and wholesale, professional services, healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, energy.
Technologies We Employ
What You Get with Our DWH Consulting Services
- Engineered DWH requirements.
- Business case, recommendations on optimizing DWH implementation and operation costs.
- DWH solution architecture and selected DWH platform.
- Data governance policy and design. Data governance includes:
- Data quality
- Data availability
- Data security
- Data model and ETL/ELT design.
DWH development and QA
- Customized DWH platform.
- Integrated data sources.
- ETL/ELT pipelines.
- DWH performance testing and DWH launch.
After-launch DWH support.
DWH migration / optimization / evolution
- DWH migration / optimization / evolution strategy and plan.
- DWH solution redevelopment on a new platform.
- Data and metadata transfer to a new data warehouse.
- Data completeness and accuracy assessment.
- Data administration services: data quality and security rules and policies setup, new data sources integration, ETL/ELT processes adjustment.
- DWH performance control: monitoring query performance, data transformations correctness, data availability.
- DWH issues resolution.
Highlights of Our DWH Consulting Services
Our DWH consulting team consists of:
- Project managers.
- BI consultants.
- DWH architects.
- Data quality experts.
- One-to-one sessions with project stakeholders.
- Meetings with several or all stakeholders to reconcile conflicting expectations.
- Presentations of important project decisions, deliverables, risks or project milestone results.
- Cross-departmental workgroups to solve complex problems (e.g., related to data quality, master data management).
Pricing Models for Our DWH Consulting Services
- Small DWHs or DWHs with simple data sources.
- Short-term (up to 4 months) fixed-scope engagements.
Time & Material
- Midsize and large data warehouses or data warehouses with complex architecture.
- End-to-end DWH consulting.
Our Hallmark DWH and BI Projects
Development of a Cloud DWH and BI Solution for the Producer of Phytotherapy Products
- Transparent company-wide reporting and analysis.
- 20+ report templates to cater to different departmental needs.
- A set of user guides with the detailed information on the solution’s components and functions.
Migration of a Data Warehousing Solution to Facilitate Big Data Analysis
- Five-module analytics system for processing more than 1,000 different types of raw data and analyzing around 30,000 attributes.
- Up to 100 times faster analytical query processing.
Development of a DWH and Analytics Solution for 500+ Nursing Homes
- Improved analytical process and standardized reporting.
- Simplified analytical system support due to the consolidation achieved at all levels (database, SSAS, and reporting).
Development of a DWH and Analytics Solution for a Multibusiness Corporation
- Ingesting and storing structured and unstructured data from 15 data sources.
- About 100 ETL processes.
- An analytical server with 5 OLAP cubes and about 60 dimensions overall.
- 90+ reports.
Development of a DWH and Analytics Solution for Advanced Sales Analysis
- Solution for a multinational FMCG corporation with more than 200 markets, 1 bn consumers, and 60,000 employees.
- Three-module BI solution for data processing and unification.
Development of a DWH and Analytics Solution for a Regulatory Authority
- Centralized BI platform with an analytics sandbox to support experimental/development analytics activities.
- Support for 200+ concurrent business users handling over 500 reports simultaneously.
Development of a Data Warehouse and Analytics Solution for Luxury Vehicle Dealers
- Analytical system for the automotive software provider with a network of 55,000 clients in 80 countries.
- ETL-based DWH solution with a staging area, DWH database and data marts.
- Over 40 customizable reports and dashboards.
Choose Your Service Option
DWH implementation / migration / optimization consulting
We offer advisory support or complete project management to help you:
- Implement a cost-effective DWH solution under set time and budget.
- Migrate your legacy DWH solution to the cloud to achieve dynamic scaling of the DWH infrastructure and optimize DWH performance and costs.
- Upgrade the existing DWH solution to meet newly arising analytics needs.
End-to-end DWH implementation
We help you:
- Consolidate disjointed data sources into centralized storage.
- Build a solid foundation for transparent analytics and reporting.
- Achieve high data quality.
- Ensure data security and compliance.
DWH support and evolution
We help you meet newly arising analytics needs by:
- Reducing data latency.
- Solving performance and concurrency problems.
- Lowering storage and processing costs.
- Achieving DWH stability.
- Ensuring timely and quality data flow for business users with near-zero DWH downtime.
How DWH Consulting Helps Reduce Data Warehouse Costs
project time and budget cost reduction due to thorough project management.
Up to 60%
less IT staff time to deploy, administer and support a DWH solution due to choosing an optimal DWH platform.
infrastructure costs. No risk of infrastructure overprovisioning due to choosing proper DWH architecture, software, cloud vendor, cloud service configurations, etc.