Healthcare Software Development Services
Reliable Medical Software Delivered by Healthcare IT Pros
With 18 years of medical IT experience, ScienceSoft develops convenient, secure, and high-performing software for patients and health professionals. We prioritize user satisfaction and cost efficiency to deliver winning apps that bring value to businesses and individual users.
Healthcare software development is needed to create medical apps for care delivery and healthcare process optimization. Within 2–4 months, ScienceSoft’s capable developers are ready to deliver an efficient and user-friendly software MVP in line with HIPAA, FDA/CE, and ISO 13485 requirements.
ScienceSoft Is Among Healthcare IT Service Leaders in 2022 SPARK Matrix
Quadrant Knowledge Solutions names ScienceSoft a leading healthcare IT services provider, along with companies like Athena Health and Oracle Cerner. Working to introduce technological innovations for patients and healthcare providers since 2005, we take pride in this accomplishment of our expert healthcare IT team.
Why Outsource Healthcare Software Development to ScienceSoft?
- 34 years in custom software development and 18 years in healthcare IT.
- 150+ successful healthcare IT projects.
- ISO 13485, ISO 27001, and ISO 9001 certificates proving our focus on medical software quality and data security.
- Experience in achieving compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, NCPDP, FDA, ONC, MDR, SAMHSA, IVDR, MACRA, MIPS, CEHRT, and SAFER.
- Proficiency in healthcare standards such as HL7, ICD-10, LOINC, CPT, XDS/XDS-I, FHIR, DICOM, Blue Button+, CDA, and CCD.
- ScienceSoft’s RPM solution won the Best Healthcare Technology Solution Award 2022 from Health Tech Digital.
- ScienceSoft became a finalist for the Health Tech Award 2022 with its laboratory diagnostics software and for the HTN Now Awards 2023 in the Excellence in Remote Patient Monitoring category.
- ScienceSoft received the 2023 North American Enabling Technology Leadership Award in the medical devices connectivity industry from Frost & Sullivan.
Customers That Benefit from Our Healthcare Solutions
Healthcare software product companies and startups
Medical device manufacturers
Pharmaceutical, biotech, and life science companies
Medical education and research centers
Software Development Services ScienceSoft Offers
Healthcare software development services by ScienceSoft, an ISO 13485-certified vendor with 18 years in medical IT, cover the full range of processes needed to deliver efficient medical solutions loved by patients and medical staff.
Healthcare software product development
In software product development since 1989, we know how to launch a winning app. Our experts will analyze the market and productize your software idea to shape its unique brand, features, and architecture. You get a medical software product fully compliant with HIPAA, GDPR, and other regulations.
Custom healthcare software development
With an MD consultant on the team, we thoroughly analyze your workflows and needs to develop a tailored solution and smoothly integrate it into your existing IT ecosystem. We also guarantee PHI security and software compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, and other relevant regulations.
Healthcare software evolution
Whether you want to augment your app with new features or need complete reengineering of your legacy software, ScienceSoft’s team is fully equipped to take on the task. We’re ready to cover everything from reverse engineering to evolution planning and deployment of modernized software.
Healthcare Software We Develop
Medical software development by ScienceSoft covers the delivery of 50+ app types, including those for cardiology, neurology, mental health, and more.
For healthcare orgs, software product companies, and innovative startups
Healthcare organization management software
- Practice and hospital management software
- Revenue cycle management (RCM)
- Incident management
- Medical billing software
- Insurance eligibility verification
- Claims management
- Accounts receivables management
- Medical inventory software
- Hospital asset tracking
- Patient tracking
- Medical HR and hospital staffing software
- Digital workplaces for doctors and nurses
- Medical training and education (incl. VR)
Care management software
- EHR/EMR (including EHR integration)
- Healthcare information system (HIS)
- Healthcare information exchange (HIE)
- Healthcare CRM
- Medication administration software
- Clinical decision support
- Drug prescription assistance
- Healthcare data analytics
- Care coordination
- Medical VR & AR solutions
- Virtual hospital
- Inpatient and outpatient care software
For medical device manufacturers and SaMD companies
For pharmaceutical, biotech, and life science companies
What type of software is the most popular among healthcare providers?
Each provider tailors the healthcare IT infrastructure according to the specific needs of their practice, care routines, patient needs, etc. Based on my experience, EHR became a must-have both among inpatient and outpatient healthcare providers. It serves as a virtual hub for multiple internal operations: from care planning to billing and insurance verification. The other common apps for hospitals and outpatient clinics are practice management solutions, telemedicine apps, and medical imaging software.
President & CEO
bioAffinity Technologies hired ScienceSoft to help in the development of its automated data analysis software for detection of lung cancer using flow cytometry. Our project required a large amount of industry specific methodology and algorithms to be implemented into our new software connected to EHR/LIS systems, which the team handled well. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly.
Prof. Dr. Department of Biomedical Science
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft proved to have vast expertise in the Healthcare and Life Science industries related to the development of desktop software connected to laboratory equipment, a mobile application, and a data analytics platform. They bring top-quality talents and deep knowledge of IT technologies and approaches in accordance with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 standards.
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the app. We have also engaged them to introduce a few enhancements to the app and would certainly consider ScienceSoft as a technology partner in further software development initiatives.
ScienceSoft designed and developed a native iOS app that offers a quantitative assessment of users' physical fitness. I was impressed with the excellent level of responsibility, communication skills, and mobile competencies of both the management team and developers.
Chairman & CEO
Montex Swiss AG
To develop a mobile application that would enhance a line of Bluetooth-enabled devices for newborn and baby care, we opened an app development tender. ScienceSoft's proof-of-concept was convincing enough for us to further the cooperation. During the project flow we were very pleased by the work of ScienceSoft’s business analysts and developers, who demonstrated high level of skills and competence.
Our Approach to Custom Healthcare Software Development and Evolution
Custom healthcare software development helps provide unparalleled user convenience by tailoring software features, UX, UI to the specific needs of target users. With a team of 750+ experts, including an MD, we’re ready to deliver quality user-centric software of any complexity.
Key steps to develop healthcare software
- Shape the concept and requirements.
- Create a compliance plan.
- Design UI and UX.
- Develop and test a medical app.
- Integrate the app with IT systems/medical devices.
- Conduct compliance audits and get required certifications.
- Support, maintain, and improve the software after the launch.
Note: When working with US-targeted healthcare projects, we start by signing a Business Associate Agreement to comply with HIPAA guidelines.
Our team will:
- Translate your software idea into a competitive solution.
- Elicit and analyze software requirements to create a healthcare SRS (software requirements specification).
- Define the applicable regulations (e.g., HIPAA, FDA, GDPR, MDR, IVDR) and create a compliance roadmap.
- Define the project scope and draft a high-level delivery schedule.
- Analyze the potential software development and usage risks to create a risk mitigation plan.
Our team will:
- Map out user journeys to design an intuitive UX focused on accessibility.
- Create an attractive healthcare software UI design.
Development and testing
Our team will:
- Develop the software in 2-4 week iterations.
- Implement advanced security features to guard PHI (e.g., end-to-end data encryption, multi-factor user authentication).
- Integrate the software with any required IT systems and implement APIs for software products.
- Conduct medical software testing, including functional, integration, compliance, vulnerability, penetration, performance, usability, and accessibility testing.
Launch, support, and maintenance
Our team will:
- Release the software to the production environment.
- Perform daily software administration tasks like security checks and updates, user and access management.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the software, detect and fix defects.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with HIPAA or GDPR requirements.
Healthcare software evolution (if required)
Our team will:
- Plan and handle healthcare software evolution to introduce new features, customization capabilities, integrations, and more.
How ScienceSoft Ensures HIPAA Compliance?
When ScienceSoft works on a healthcare software project, we engage our in-house regulatory consultants and integrate HIPAA compliance into all development stages to minimize the risk of data breaches.
We sign a Business Associate Agreement with each customer to ensure we follow HIPAA guidelines. During the development, we implement role-based access management, multi-factor authentication, and data encryption in transit and at rest and thoroughly document the security practices for future audits. We also develop a risk mitigation plan for medical software usage and review it throughout the project.
What Makes ScienceSoft’s Medical Software Stand Out
Advanced functionality tailored to your needs
Experts in AI, ML, IoMT, data analytics, image analysis, VR/AR, blockchain, and other advanced techs, we can build software of any complexity and adjust the functionality to the needs of various medical specialties.
Accelerated software delivery
We ensure fast MVP launch and frequent software releases due to the Agile approach, established CI/CD and DevOps practices, and a feasible share of testing automation.
Impregnable security and compliance
An ISO 27001-certified company, we develop reliable and secure software in line with OWASP recommendations. Our in-house cybersecurity experts and healthcare regulatory consultants ensure full PHI protection and compliance at all stages.
Seamless integration with other software and devices
To make sure our software is convenient for end users, we integrate it with medical devices using BLE, Bluetooth, WiFi, 4G, etc. We enable electronic data interchange (EDI) and integrate medical software using HL7 v.2, HL7 v.3, XDS/XDS-I, and other standards.
Healthcare Software Development Costs and Timelines
The cost of digital health software development varies a lot and depends on multiple factors. Below, ScienceSoft’s healthcare IT experts list the top 8 cost drivers:
- Software complexity (its functionality scope).
- Software type (e.g., web, mobile, desktop).
- The expected number of users.
- The required integrations.
- Regulatory compliance requirements.
- Performance, security, usability, and accessibility requirements.
- The chosen deployment model (e.g., on-premises, cloud).
- The sourcing model (in-house, outsourcing) and team composition.
Sample costs of popular healthcare solutions
The cost of custom healthcare software development starts from $100,000 for a simple digital therapeutics application to $2,000,000 for an advanced and multi-functional EHR system. Here are sample price ranges for popular software types:
From $150,000 to $400,000
for telemedicine software
From $200,000 to $400,000
for remote patient monitoring or medical device software
From $100,000 to $500,000
for a digital therapeutics solution
From $400,000 to over $2,000,000
for EHR software
Need a tailored healthcare software cost estimation?
Just answer several simple questions prepared by our consultants – it won’t take long.
We deliver healthcare software in the following timeframes
- Medical software project start – within 1 week.
- MVP release – from 2–4 months.
- New healthcare software versions – every 2–4 weeks.
FAQ about Healthcare Software Development Services
How does ScienceSoft reduce development costs?
We implement cloud-native architecture, use proven third-party components and public APIs and implement test automation to decrease the costs. Our skilled team of healthcare software developers and testers works fast to ensure timely software delivery.
How can we be sure of the quality of your work?
To help you track the efficiency of the development team and project health, our cooperation is based on pre-agreed KPIs (e.g., team velocity, deployment frequency, lead time, cycle time, actual vs. budget costs).
We aim to provide valuable outcomes for the customers (e.g., better KPIs for healthcare organizations). To achieve it, we improve software convenience for healthcare specialists to save their time, offer tailored software features for medical specialties, automate routine operations, and more.
Can you adhere to the level of security required for healthcare software?
We treat healthcare software security as a priority from start to finish. ScienceSoft has established habits, processes, and policies that ensure your information security and address ever-evolving security threats (including APT). ScienceSoft’s mature information security management system is compliant with ISO 27001 and proved to be effective: in our 34-year history, we have not had a single security breach.
How can you ensure that healthcare software drives business value for us?
We do it by putting the quality of healthcare software first at all project steps: from the project inception to development and after-launch support. With the quality-first approach, you can get predictable business outcomes, release new healthcare software 20-40% faster, increase ROI, and eliminate risks of rework and additional expenses.
ScienceSoft’s CEO about Medical Software Development Services
Our healthcare customers need extremely reliable and secure software, and they need it developed fast. I am always happy when ScienceSoft helps an innovative startup or a niche-expert company grow rapidly by increasing customer base and revenue, or when our clients become digital healthcare leaders with unique software solutions.