Industrial IoT Solutions
Industrial IoT (IIoT) involves collecting and analyzing sensor-generated data to support equipment monitoring and maintenance, production process analytics and control, and more. In manufacturing IT since 1989, ScienceSoft offers IIoT consulting and development to create secure IIoT solutions.
Scope of IIoT Services ScienceSoft Provides
We are ready to join your Industrial IoT initiative at any stage, providing the following Industrial IoT services:
Financial feasibility analysis
To ensure operations automation is beneficial for you, we calculate the potential investments, ROI, and payback period of the IIoT solution.
Consulting at the strategy planning stage
We analyze your business objectives, determine IIoT system capabilities, and create a detailed roadmap of the system implementation. As a result, you can cut implementation costs and reduce risks at all implementation stages.
Consulting at the application planning stage
ScienceSoft’s IoT experts design tailored IIoT solutions to improve a particular industrial process or mitigate a particular challenge. We define an IIoT application’s feature set and establish integration with other enterprise systems.
Consulting at the requirements specification stage
Our team turns your high-level view of an Industrial IoT solution into a detailed project specification. We closely collaborate with project stakeholders to specify the requirements at each layer of an Industrial IoT paradigm: connectivity, embedded software, and cloud software.
Custom IIoT solution development
ScienceSoft can develop a cost-effective IIoT software from scratch, using Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud services or open-source IoT platforms enabling sensor data collection and analytics, IIoT device connectivity, control and management.
Based on high-level requirements
ScienceSoft’s experts elicit high-level IIoT requirements from stakeholders and study the organization’s processes to further design, develop and implement mature and flexible Industrial IoT solutions. To save investments on large-scale implementation and get value faster, we start with core features and then enrich the solution functionality.
Based on detailed requirements
We thoroughly analyze your IIoT solution specification to determine the project scope, assess its complexity and define necessary Industrial IoT devices. Having provided a delivery schedule and calculated a project cost, we develop, test and implement your IIoT solution. After the IIoT deployment, we offer solution support and performance management services upon request.
IIoT hardware consulting and implementation
Besides software implementation, ScienceSoft’s experts can assist you in selecting appropriate Industrial IoT devices for your solution, creating custom devices using market-available components (subject to certification), setting up and configuring the equipment.
IIoT solution testing
To ensure that your IIoT solution works as required, we check system behavior under a set of expected load variations (load testing), detect the maximum operating capacity of the system (stress testing), measure the scalability and stability of the IIoT solution. We also conduct vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of IIoT systems.
IIoT solution support and maintenance
ScienceSoft’s team is ready to carry out IIoT application monitoring and performance management, proactively diagnose and fix solution defects, and perform administration tasks including security updates, user and access management.
Industrial IoT Solutions We Create
We guarantee a smooth transition towards Industry 4.0, by ensuring the step-by-step transformation of every segment of the supply and production chain. Our team delivers solutions for:
Wonder How IIoT Solutions Work in Reality?
Watch ScienceSoft’s smart factory demo and see how it helps businesses gain higher visibility into the operations, increase facilities’ productivity and minimize downtimes using company-wide analytics.
Key Features of Industrial IoT Solutions by ScienceSoft
The functionality sets of IIoT solutions differ a lot of depending on the solution type. Below we outline the possible IIoT features that may be tailored to your organization’s needs.
Production monitoring and quality control
- Production process monitoring and production issues’ location.
- Inspecting the product as it moves through the production cycle.
- Real-time OEE and TEEP calculation.
- Automated production plan adjustment in case of incidents or power outages.
- Production’s environmental impact monitoring (for carbon dioxide emissions, energy and water consumption, etc.).
Equipment maintenance and condition monitoring
- Real-time machine diagnostics and calibrating.
- Monitoring of machine conditions (speed, vibration, etc.) and environmental conditions (e.g., temperature, humidity).
- Equipment failure or overload forecasting.
- Automated equipment maintenance scheduling.
Operations and staff management
- Real-time reports about shop floor and field operations.
- Production, shifts, shipments planning based on IIoT data analytics.
- Identification of operational bottlenecks.
- IoT-based workforce location and safety monitoring (based on the control of their heart rate, skin temperature, etc.).
Asset and equipment tracking and management
- Automated RFID-based collection of information about assets’ statuses, locations, and flows.
- Real-time asset data view.
- Notification of a missing asset or an inventory item.
- Asset tracking information for accounting purposes.
- SKU location data.
- GPS-based fleet (e.g., forklifts, bulldozers, trucks) tracking and routing.
Supply chain management
- Materials delivery monitoring.
- Storing conditions monitoring (in a warehouse and during transportation).
- Inbound deliveries notifications.
- Products’ delivery tracking.
Industrial inventory management
- Inventory amount prediction for the production cycle.
- Advanced SKUs location data (featuring a warehouse shelf, production date, batch number, shelf life, etc.).
- Alerts on expiration dates (e.g., for food or pharmaceutical manufacturing).
Benefits of industrial iot
ScienceSoft’s IIoT solutions enable remote monitoring, control and automation of the industrial processes and bring:
Higher operational efficiency.
Better customer service.
Optimized asset management.
End-to-end visibility into the supply and production chains.
Efficient loss management.
We Know How to Mitigate the Most Acute Challenges
Nothing as massive as Industry 4.0 comes without challenges. Our vast experience and domain knowledge helps us proactively address them.
- Legacy equipment should be seamlessly connected to a single IIoT solution. We leverage our vast experience to ensure free data transmission between the cloud part of an IIoT solution and different types of industrial equipment, including non-computerized machines, CNCs, machining centers and robots.
- The value of an IIoT solution that functions across separate silos and is not integrated into the factory ecosystem is questionable. To avoid that, we ensure smooth integration of an IIoT solution with both enterprise (ERP, MES, SCM, etc.) and shop floor (SCADA) management systems.
- Since businesses are concerned about the ROI, fast pay off must be guaranteed. For that, we start with a simple solution architecture and then expand it both vertically and horizontally.
Technologies We Use
Our Java and .NET software engineers are skilled in cloud applications design and development, cloud infrastructure administration, private and hybrid cloud integration. Our team provides integration, maintenance and security on various cloud computing platforms, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Our team has extensive experience in developing reliable RFID systems. We know how to avoid tag- and reader collisions and enable data transmission through the majority of industrial materials, including metals and liquids.
Web and mobile user applications
We offer full-cycle development services to create web and mobile applications for easy access to IIoT insights and convenient control over industrial processes. To ensure that, we deliver effective and up-to-date web applications, based on:
For even greater flexibility, we provide native (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) and cross-platform (Cordova, Xamarin, React Native) mobile applications.